Hey Dodgers Fans

983,170 Views | 5496 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by MiZery
heartofthebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bonsallbear;842723675 said:

Guess canI wear my Puig Jersey again. What the hell is going on with the Giants relief staff.

Awful
It is becoming clear now that with all the various issues the Giants have offensively, the late relief is the most damning.
SRBear
Mr. Reliable struck again.
KoreAmBear
SRBear;842723702 said:

Mr. Reliable struck again.

If it makes you any happier, while Casillas has 7 blown saves, Kenley Jansen has 6. OK, I doubt that made you happier.
SRBear
LOL, no, not really. The lack of hitting by the Giants is what makes it more painful, and it seems whenever they get just enough, he comes in to ruin the mood.
sycasey
heartofthebear;842723679 said:

Awful
It is becoming clear now that with all the various issues the Giants have offensively, the late relief is the most damning.

All I can do is laugh at this point. When Casilla comes in it's about a 50/50 chance they will win. That's pretty bad, considering teams win like 80-90% of the time if they have a lead going to the 9th.

Oh, and the Giants haven't come back to win a game they were trailing in the 9th inning once this year. Not once. So if they are trailing late you can pretty much turn the game off, but if they are leading you still don't feel good about it. Not a fun team to watch.
SRBear
ever see a "closer" miss his spot as often as him. It must drive Posey crazy.
rathokan
I can't remember a season like this when a team is so good and then so bad... But then I remembered the 2007 Cal Bears football season.
TheSouseFamily
I'm not falling for this "woe is me" schtick the Giant fans are putting forth, probably to lull us Dodger fans into feeling better about ourselves before our imminent downfall. They know they'll still make the wild card. They know they have three starters that can beat anyone. They know that relief pitching is notoriously streaky. And they know the baseball gods are uncommonly kind, at least lately.

Good try though.
sycasey
TheSouseFamily;842723854 said:

They know they'll still make the wild card.

Only half a game up in the standings now. It's by no means a sure thing.
SRBear
They're toast...unless they can find someone to get 3 outs in the ninth.
Steve Aztec
I am loving every minute of this.

Go Dodgers!!!
NYCGOBEARS
Freaking Giants are killing me....
rathokan
So apparently the Dodgers are really good at breaking up no hitters this year. Recently Corey Seager broke up Matt Moore's bid in the 9th, and now Dave Roberts has pulled two of his starters who had no hit bids going. Early in the year it was Ross Stripling against the Giants and yesterday it was Rich Hill who was perfect through 7. Hill was pissssssed. Probably the right decision though as he had a long stint on the DL w a blister that was reported to be heating up in yesterday's game. Would have been an easier decision had #puigyourfriend not made that spectacular diving catch to end the 7th. The TV guys remarked how shallow he was playing... Was he out of position and made a routine play spectacular?

Earlier in the year Stripling was making his first career start and had a strict pitch count after coming back from Tommy John.
Steve Aztec
Was Hill throwing a perfect game?

Oh Myyyy
GRRAAH
SRBear;842723862 said:

They're toast...unless they can find someone to get 3 outs in the ninth.

And how's that working out???
SRBear
KoreAmBear
SRBear;842728248 said:

Magic Number:

bonsallbear
There are 6 games remaining between these two teams. Anything can happen. BUT KERSHAW IS BACK.
sycasey
Another series, another spectacular blown save for the Giants bullpen. Woo!
rathokan
bump!

seen this script before
sycasey
rathokan;842731957 said:

bump!

seen this script before

I turned the game off after the second runner got on in the 9th. I knew what was going to happen.
SRBear
awesome pen...glad they really went after a closer in the off season....

sycasey
SRBear;842731992 said:

awesome pen...glad they really went after a closer in the off season....

It's really been astonishing. Even a normal below-average MLB bullpen shouldn't blow THIS many saves. I've never seen anything like it.
GMP
sycasey;842732196 said:

It's really been astonishing. Even a normal below-average MLB bullpen shouldn't blow THIS many saves. I've never seen anything like it.

I gave myself a black eye throwing my head in my hands last night and striking myself with three World Series rings.
82gradDLSdad
grandmastapoop;842732207 said:

I gave myself a black eye throwing my head in my hands last night and striking myself with three World Series rings.

My son made a bet with a buddy when Botchy demoted cassia that Strickland would end up with more blown saves. Thought it was a dumb bet...at the time...now not so much. Giants have a ton of pen holes to fill in the off season
YuSeeBerkeley
MadBum has issues. He clearly has a problem with anger management, and the way he despises Puig, there's even a hint of racism there.
KoreAmBear
YuSeeBerkeley;842732224 said:

MadBum has issues. He clearly has a problem with anger management, and the way he despises Puig, there's even a hint of racism there.

I don't know about racism, but yah, for him to make it about his issue with Puig, when there was really nothing there, and to risk a game the Giants needed to win, is out of control and frankly selfish (I would say the same for Kersh if he had gotten into it with a Giant). Let's just say the Dodgers thank you MadBum for melting down, because it affected the game.
bonsallbear
Yeah he didn't like the bat flip from last year. Puig has handled it better. Great pitcher but a short temper.
Beardog26
KoreAmBear;842732230 said:

I don't know about racism, but yah, for him to make it about his issue with Puig, when there was really nothing there, and to risk a game the Giants needed to win, is out of control and frankly selfish (I would say the same for Kersh if he had gotten into it with a Giant). Let's just say the Dodgers thank you MadBum for melting down, because it affected the game.

Other than Bum being a country boy from North Carolina, I doubt the enmity between them has anything to do with racism. I suspect it is entirely related to the home run bat flip in 2014 and their subsequent pissing matches. Seems and sounds like Bum just doesn't like Puig personally (and to be fair, there are a number of Dodgers teammates who don't either).

That said, Bum came across as a selfish jackass last night and then lied about how things went down in his post-game press conference, where he tried to intimidate journalists only trying to do their job. A truly fantastic pitcher, but he acted like a douche last night on more than one occasion.
KoreAmBear
Beardog26;842732261 said:

Other than Bum being a country boy from North Carolina, I doubt the enmity between them has anything to do with racism. I suspect it is entirely related to the home run bat flip in 2014 and their subsequent pissing matches. Seems and sounds like Bum just doesn't like Puig personally (and to be fair, there are a number of Dodgers teammates who don't either).

That said, Bum came across as a selfish jackass last night and then lied about how things went down in his post-game press conference, where he tried to intimidate journalists only trying to do their job. A truly fantastic pitcher, but he acted like a douche last night on more than one occasion.

That's a fair assessment, BearDog26. You been talking to the Punahou kids on the team lately?
GMP
Beardog26;842732261 said:

Dodger fans crying racism are pathetic. As you and others note, his own teammates can't stand him.
heartofthebear
Here are some guidelines for following the Giants this season:

Follow the game through the 8th inning.
If the Giants are up by at least 3 runs proceed to the 9th inning.
If the game is within 3 runs, remove all breakable objects from the area, flush all dangerous medications down the toilet, relocate to the bottom floor of the building and give your car keys to someone else.

Turn off the game and take a single melotonin tablet.
Get some rest.
Wake up and realize that your worst nightmares are true but at least you are alive and got some sleep.
Beardog26
grandmastapoop;842732354 said:

Dodger fans crying racism are pathetic. As you and others note, his own teammates can't stand him.

Dude - chill with your hatred of all things/people Dodgers. One (1) person (not all Dodgers fans) made such a comment. At least two disagreed. I grew up in LA, remain a Dodgers fan, and noted by disagreement with that position. I think it fair to judge the situation and people involved based on the facts of each situation. I happen to dislike Puig and admire Bumgarner (until last night, where his game was outstanding and personal actions deplorable). It has nothing to do with where I grew up or the team for which I root.

You, on the other hand, have on multiple occasions in this thread called Dodgers fans "classless" (for things such as bumping this thread when the Dodgers have won games or gained ground in the NL West, an action also taken by several Giants fans at various stages in the same thread) and now "pathetic." Your hatred of "Dodger fans" is palpable, and frankly just as pathetic.
Beardog26
Yes, my family hosted Judd Cockett (son of former Cal WR Keith Cockett, who was in my wedding) and QB Nick Kapule in June while they attended an Elite camp at DeAnza HS in El Sobrante. I traded emails yesterday with Keith and have watched Judd's and Nick's highlight videos for the first three games of their season. Will be speaking with Cal coaches about their level of interest in either/both players.
YuSeeBerkeley
grandmastapoop;842732354 said:

Go punch yourself in the eye again. Maybe you'll see better and actually read what I wrote. I certainly wasn't crying racism. I don't know MadBum. All I said was that he's got anger management issues, which how can anyone deny at this point? I then said that his hostility toward Puig hints at racism. I said this based on what I have observed, and in doing just a little bit of basic Google searches, it seems I'm not the only one who feels this way.

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2015/07/31/the-benches-cleared-in-fridays-giants-rangers-game/

http://www.bayareasportsguy.com/madison-bumgarner-isnt-racist-hes-a-control-freak/

I'm not saying MadBum is a Trump supporter picketing at All Lives Matter rallies. To the extent race plays a part in his hatred towards Puig, it's definitely subtle. Kind of like how some on this board just can't seem to tolerate flamboyant former black players like DeSean but applaud the Discount Double checking Aaron Rodgers. All I'm saying is that MadBum has issues, and it might not be as black and white as people here make it out to be, that he's some baseball purist that can't stand guys that dishonor the good game. There's probably something deeper going on with him.
First Page Last Page
Page 76 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.