Hey Dodgers Fans

995,091 Views | 5504 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by Big C
bonsallbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kershaw roughed up tonight. Bellinger first in MLB to 21 homeruns. Hits 2 more tonight.
bonsallbear
12 zip tonight. 5 Dodger HRs. Cory Seagar with 3, Grandal, and of course Bellinger with #22.
GMP
bonsallbear;842847859 said:

12 zip tonight. 5 Dodger HRs. Cory Seagar with 3, Grandal, and of course Bellinger with #22.

Keep posting. It'll make the inevitable playoff loss all the sweeter.
bonsallbear
grandmastapoop;842847860 said:

Keep posting. It'll make the inevitable playoff loss all the sweeter.

Sour grapes coming from someone who supports a team that has no future. HA!
TheSouseFamily
I'm not an expert of the organizational rules of MLB but is there a chance that Frisco gets relegated to AAA next year if they keep up their current performance? How does that work?
bonsallbear
TheSouseFamily;842847910 said:

I'm not an expert of the organizational rules of MLB but is there a chance that Frisco gets relegated to AAA next year if they keep up their current performance? How does that work?

I think they need to be celler dwellers for two years straight. Heading in the right / wrong direction.
GB54
TheSouseFamily;842847910 said:

They compete in the NL East
ducky23
bonsallbear;842847894 said:

Sour grapes coming from someone who supports a team that has no future. HA!

I don't understand the point of trying to troll Giants fans. I've gotten three titles from the Giants. the dubs are about to win a ton more. I'm good, thanks
NYCGOBEARS
ducky23;842847933 said:

I don't understand the point of trying to troll Giants fans. I've gotten three titles from the Giants. the dubs are about to win a ton more. I'm good, thanks

+1
GMP
ducky23;842847933 said:

They still think wins in June are what is important. Wrong sport.
sycasey
ducky23;842847933 said:

Not to mention the irony of trolling ANY fan base for supporting a losing team . . . on a Cal football board.
bonsallbear
Dodgers still riding the train. Three more homers last night -two by Grandal. Big three game series with Rocs coming up. GO BLUE!
KoreAmBear
bonsallbear;842848129 said:

Dodgers still riding the train. Three more homers last night -two by Grandal. Big three game series with Rocs coming up. GO BLUE!

Did I ever mention how I love this thread? Man, still hard to believe that Adrian started this in 2012. Actually the 5-year anniversary is this Monday. We need to do something special!
GB54
If the Dodgers win a WS, it will be moved to OT but we'll all likely to be dead then.
bonsallbear
GB54;842848589 said:

If the Dodgers win a WS, it will be moved to OT but we'll all likely to be dead then.

More likely to happen if the Giants continue their losing ways
bonsallbear
What ever happened to Vogelsang?
NYCGOBEARS
KoreAmBear;842848582 said:

Did I ever mention how I love this thread? Man, still hard to believe that Adrian started this in 2012. Actually the 5-year anniversary is this Monday. We need to do something special!

I loved this thread in '12 & '14. Now, not so much.
sycasey
NYCGOBEARS;842848603 said:

I loved this thread in '12 & '14. Now, not so much.

The scoreboard for the life of this thread still stands as such:

NL Pennants:

Giants - 2
Dodgers - 0

World Series trophies:

Giants - 2
Dodgers - 0

Dodgers do lead in NL West championships, 4-1, so you guys still have that.
sycasey
bonsallbear;842848595 said:

What ever happened to Vogelsang?

Not officially retired, but washed out of his last minor-league stint and requested a release. Probably done. He is 39 years old, after all.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/06/19/giants-notes-melancon-available-vogelsong-visits-etc/
GRRAAH
sycasey;842848642 said:

The scoreboard for the life of this thread still stands as such:

NL Pennants:

Giants - 2
Dodgers - 0

World Series trophies:

Giants - 2
Dodgers - 0

Dodgers do lead in NL West championships, 4-1, so you guys still have that.

Hard to imagine many felt the Giants would win again this year.

Anyhow...keep holding on to the above all summer as the horrendously overrated Giants continue their fade into oblivion.
sycasey
GRRAAH;842848690 said:

Keep holding on to that all summer as the horrendously overrated Giants continue their fade into oblivion.

I will hold on to that for as long as it is valid.

When the Giants were in a long World Series drought, we heard no end of it from our rivals, even while the Giants were perennial contenders during the Bonds years. Shoe's on the other foot now.
GRRAAH
bonsallbear;842848129 said:

14-15 as they pummel the Rockies. Boy this is fun, huh!
bonsallbear
Puig homers. 455' / Wood starts season 8-0 / Turner batting 395. Up on both the Rocs and D-backs by 2.5 and only a couple of wins away from best record in MLB.
rathokan
Alex Wood has been a revelation this year. I really like what I've seen from Puig this year, too.

Need Kershaw and Hill to round back into form... and I don't ever need to see Sergio Romo on the mound ever again.
Schroeder71
This is the weakest SF Giants team in 30 years. I think that they have a shot at 100 losses. This team is last in HRs in the majors and one of the weakest offensive teams in baseball. I would break up the aging team and trade Cueto & Belt at the trade deadline. This team is injury prone, too. I would like to keep Nunez because of his speed but if he can bring some bigtime prospects, pull the trigger...Waive Cain.

The Giants top three draft picks were high schoolers ranging between 17-18 years old. By the time that any of 'em arrive at AT&T, it will be 5 to 7 years into the future. The core of the team (ages 28-32 now) will be past their prime in their mid 30s. It's time to rebuild for the future. Lincecum & Cain are finished. Cueto wants to opt out of his contract at the end of this season. Bumgarner is the only consistent starting pitcher for next season. The team needs to trade or sign some free agents with power. The Colorado Rockies have hitters up an down their lineup to "die" for...
bonsallbear
Dodgers look well positioned to stay on top of their division for sometime. Average age of starting position players is well under30. And the pitching staff looks solid 1 thru 4 Fingers crossed!!
ducky23
Schroeder71;842848763 said:

This is the weakest SF Giants team in 30 years. I think that they have a shot at 100 losses. This team is last in HRs in the majors and one of the weakest offensive teams in baseball. I would break up the aging team and trade Cueto & Belt at the trade deadline. This team is injury prone, too. I would like to keep Nunez because of his speed but if he can bring some bigtime prospects, pull the trigger...Waive Cain.

The Giants top three draft picks were high schoolers ranging between 17-18 years old. By the time that any of 'em arrive at AT&T, it will be 5 to 7 years into the future. The core of the team (ages 28-32 now) will be past their prime in their mid 30s. It's time to rebuild for the future. Lincecum & Cain are finished. Cueto wants to opt out of his contract at the end of this season. Bumgarner is the only consistent starting pitcher for next season. The team needs to trade or sign some free agents with power. The Colorado Rockies have hitters up an down their lineup to "die" for...

I don't know why more people aren't saying this, but why shouldn't the giants trade posey?

Like people are saying, the giants probably won't be contending for another 2-3 years. By that time, you have to think posey will be in a clear decline and/or will have to be moved to first base (which greatly decreases his value). Three years from now he will probably be a panik type hitter (.300 avg with little pop) playing first base (and he's not that great defensively at first). That's not a high WAR player. Move him now while he's having a great year and get the pieces you need to rebuild.

It'll be very similar to the Matt Williams deal. Hugely unpopular, but something that needs to be done for the long run.
KoreAmBear
bonsallbear;842848853 said:

Dodgers look well positioned to stay on top of their division for sometime. Average age of starting position players is well under30. And the pitching staff looks solid 1 thru 4 Fingers crossed!!

Doing well now but McCarthy, Hill, Ryu and Maeda are far from being sure things.
BearDevil
ducky23;842849000 said:

I don't know why more people aren't saying this, but why shouldn't the giants trade posey?

Like people are saying, the giants probably won't be contending for another 2-3 years. By that time, you have to think posey will be in a clear decline and/or will have to be moved to first base (which greatly decreases his value). Three years from now he will probably be a panik type hitter (.300 avg with little pop) playing first base (and he's not that great defensively at first). That's not a high WAR player. Move him now while he's having a great year and get the pieces you need to rebuild.

It'll be very similar to the Matt Williams deal. Hugely unpopular, but something that needs to be done for the long run.

Larry Baer was two years ahead of me at Cal and is a fellow life long Giants fan. One of my Cal friends became an ardent As fan because the Giants traded our childhood idol Mays. Mays is back in the fold now, but not a good luck not to have retired in SF.

Different sport, but Bill Walsh got rid of Niners a year or two early. Giants have overcompensated and stayed with Timmy and Cain too long. Their window was Bum, Posey, and Crawford in their primes, but they likely won't have enough pieces around them.

Can see dealing Cueto and Nunes now and Belt for the right return, but think they'll ride into the sunset with Posey for sure and likely Bum and Craw too. 'Yard's paid off and they still draw bigly, so they'll rebuild slowly. More ruthless moves would be more effective, but that's not current ownership/management's view.
bonsallbear
KoreAmBear;842849013 said:

Doing well now but McCarthy, Hill, Ryu and Maeda are far from being sure things.

The only "sure thing" the Dodgers have is/are Kershaw and Wood. McCarthy and Hill are a reasonable 3-4. Ryu and Maeda are certainly capable of spot starts. In my opinion this is an excellent staff and being managed very well. Urias will be a good addition next year. Core position players (Forsythe, Seager, Taylor, Turner, Bellinger, Hernandez, Pederson, Puig, Toles, Grandal) are all young or in their prime.

The future looks bright.
bonsallbear
Down 5 after 2.5 the Dodgers come back courtesy of horrendous relief pitching by Colorado and 3 homers. Two by Bellinger. Cody is first since MacGuire with 6 multi homer games as a rookie. Mark did it in97 games. Cody in 57!!!
bonsallbear
After getting shut out the previous night, the Dodgers came back with Whitey Herzogs favorite play - the 3 run home run. I would like to thank the Giants for extending the Rocs miseries.
82gradDLSdad
bonsallbear;842849856 said:

After getting shut out the previous night, the Dodgers came back with Whitey Herzogs favorite play - the 3 run home run. I would like to thank the Giants for extending the Rocs miseries.

I think you mean Earl Weaver. Whitey had a soft spot for slap-hitting track guys who could run and play a little baseball.
TheSouseFamily
82gradDLSdad;842849975 said:

I think you mean Earl Weaver. Whitey had a soft spot for slap-hitting track guys who could run and play a little baseball.

Yeah, that was Earl Weaver. On a separate note, it's surprising how so few men go by Whitey these days.
GB54
TheSouseFamily;842849977 said:

Yeah, that was Earl Weaver. On a separate note, it's surprising how few men go by Whitey these days.

There are also far too few Shortys,Fats,Slims, Mamas, Bucks, and Lightnings and way too many Chads
First Page Last Page
Page 82 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.