Hey Dodgers Fans

998,595 Views | 5504 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by Big C
bonsallbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
82gradDLSdad;842849975 said:

I think you mean Earl Weaver. Whitey had a soft spot for slap-hitting track guys who could run and play a little baseball.

Yes you're right.
bonsallbear
GB54;842849978 said:

There are also far too few Shortys,Fats,Slims, Mamas, Bucks, and Lightnings and way too many Chads

And let's not leave out Babe and Blue Moon.
Goobear
Was at the Angles vs Dodgers game tonight. Sold out, great game. Dodger fans are loud. Nevertheless Angels won in bottom of the ninth as a result of a catcher throwing error! Pujols did not get a hit and Trout is out injured. Puig is a specimen!
bonsallbear
Goobear;842850020 said:

Was at the Angles vs Dodgers game tonight. Sold out, great game. Dodger fans are loud. Nevertheless Angels won in bottom of the ninth as a result of a catcher throwing error! Pujols did not get a hit and Trout is out injured. Puig is a specimen!

From hero (two out home run) to goat (throwing error) in same inning. I think Utley should have made the catch.
bonsallbear
A lot of good things to like about tonight's victory. KERSHAW wins his12th. First to get there. And he strikes out 12. Dodgers set a franchise record with 50th homerun in June. 3 more tonight with Puig hitting his 15th.
bonsallbear
bonsallbear;842850269 said:

A lot of good things to like about tonight's victory. KERSHAW wins his12th. First to get there. And he strikes out 12. Dodgers set a franchise record with 50th homerun in June. 3 more tonight with Puig hitting his 15th.

3 more home runs - Puig makes a great catch- and A. Woods goes 9 - 0
Goobear
Bons I am surprised you are not a Padres fan. Then again I am not. I root for the Angles, the Dodgers when they don't play them and the Astros. We have a dear family friend coaching 3rd base there.
bonsallbear
Goobear;842850510 said:

Bons I am surprised you are not a Padres fan. Then again I am not. I root for the Angles, the Dodgers when they don't play them and the Astros. We have a dear family friend coaching 3rd base there.

Goo, I grew up in Whittier and started listening to Vin Scully and Jerry Doggett when the Dodgers moved to L. A. I root for the Angels when they're not playing the Dodgers.
chazzed
Halos fans unite!
bonsallbear
Easily done with Mike Scioscia as the manager
bonsallbear
8 - 0 tonight. Rich Hill pitches a gem. Three more home runs. Another grand slam. Rocs have dropped to 7 back. Big 3 game series against D backs starting on Tuesday.
bonsallbear
Got a little dicey last night but thanks to Justin Turner's home run and Clayton's 11 Ks Dodgers extend lead over D backs to 3.5 gms. Kershaw first to 13 wins. > Vogelsang.
KoreAmBear
bonsallbear;842851225 said:

Got a little dicey last night but thanks to Justin Turner's home run and Clayton's 11 Ks Dodgers extend lead over D backs to 3.5 gms. Kershaw first to 13 wins. > Vogelsang.

And we got our guy going up on the bump tonight who is attempting to go 10-0 with a 1.83 ERA, yet not making the ASG.
Goobear
bonsallbear;842850534 said:

Goo, I grew up in Whittier and started listening to Vin Scully and Jerry Doggett when the Dodgers moved to L. A. I root for the Angels when they're not playing the Dodgers.

Makes sense! South OC here. Bought tickets to the game when the Angels became world champion. Sat in the season ticket holder section. Many of whom were crying from joy/relief...
NYCGOBEARS
Goobear;842851408 said:

Makes sense! South OC here. Bought tickets to the game when the Angels became world champion. Sat in the season ticket holder section. Many of whom were crying from joy/relief...

Bite me.
bonsallbear
WOW! Great game tonight. Nail biter. 1-0 Dodgers. 4 hits and 1 run versus 3 hits and no runs. Dodgers up by 4.5 games and going for the sweep tomorrow.

Alex Wood now 10 - 0
Goobear
Mets fan I take it?
NYCGOBEARS
Goobear;842851458 said:

Mets fan I take it?

Giants.
GRRAAH
bonsallbear;842851454 said:

WOW! Great game tonight. Nail biter. 1-0 Dodgers. 4 hits and 1 run versus 3 hits and no runs. Dodgers up by 4.5 games and going for the sweep tomorrow.

Alex Wood now 10 - 0

Meanwhile, Bumgarner will fit right in when he returns. Gave up 9 runs, 4 HRs, at San Jose last night. Go Giants!
GMP
GRRAAH;842851483 said:

Meanwhile, Bumgarner will fit right in when he returns. Gave up 9 runs, 4 HRs, at San Jose last night. Go Giants!

Finally we can get this thread back on track - sh-t talking. Daily recaps are boring for both sides, unless it's head to head.
bonsallbear
grandmastapoop;842851484 said:

Finally we can get this thread back on track - sh-t talking. Daily recaps are boring for both sides, unless it's head to head.

Speaking for yourself and like minded Giant fans?
GMP
bonsallbear;842851533 said:

Speaking for yourself and like minded Giant fans?

Nah, when the Giants were good (FWIW, the Giants have won 7 of 8, and you don't see anyone posting daily recaps), there weren't daily recaps. You're also the only Dodgers fan doing this. It's not the point of the thread. Do whatever you want, I just think you're killing the spirit of the thread. Just talk some trash, have some fun. It's not a thread for ESPNEWS.
bonsallbear
My recaps are only when the Dodgers accomplish something special like home runs , pitching milestones, wins against contenders, etc. I don't rag on the Giants. Just being positive. That shouldn't offend anyone.
GMP
bonsallbear;842851557 said:

My recaps are only when the Dodgers accomplish something special like home runs , pitching milestones, wins against contenders, etc. I don't rag on the Giants. Just being positive. That shouldn't offend anyone.

No, it doesn't offend me. I just find recaps boring. I WANT you to offend, haha.
sycasey
bonsallbear;842851557 said:

Home runs are "special"?
TheSouseFamily
sycasey;842851570 said:

Home runs are "special"?

When Judge gets into one, they sure are. Holy smokes that guy.
rathokan
anybody just watch that epic comeback down 4-1 in the 9th? feeling like a special year, but it will all be for naught if we have another playoff flameout
bonsallbear
Just had to do this. Dodgers come back with 4 in the bottom of the 9th to win 5-4. Sweep series from D-backs. Now up by 5.5 games.
moonpod
rathokan;842851651 said:

anybody just watch that epic comeback down 4-1 in the 9th? feeling like a special year, but it will all be for naught if we have another playoff flameout

That's the thing. They've been solid during the regular season for several years. Then the playoffs are disappointing. We shall see
rathokan
moonpod;842851716 said:

That's the thing. They've been solid during the regular season for several years. Then the playoffs are disappointing. We shall see

well, seeing as how baseball seems to have the least probablistic outcomes, i just personally have to make that leap of faith and trust the process... make the playoffs every year and have a chance.

Last year against the Cubs, I was wondering use a short rotation, matching ace vs ace. seems like w the series lead already, it might be better to get more rest and stagger the rotation so our #1 is going up against their #2, our #2 against their #3... water under the bridge
rathokan
GRRAAH;842851483 said:

and Dodgers prospect DJ Peters hit two HRs against him in the same inning.
GMP
bonsallbear;842851652 said:

Just had to do this. Dodgers come back with 4 in the bottom of the 9th to win 5-4. Sweep series from D-backs. Now up by 5.5 games.

Help needed, Doyers:

I've been to Dodger Stadium once, about a decade ago. I'm helping our nanny buy tickets to a game on her vacation next month (don't worry, she won't be allowed in our home with Dodger gear). What's a good section? She's been to ATT once and we sat in View Level Infield (upper deck, but close to home plate).

I'm seeing some decent prices on Stubhub - less than $20 in Loge Value 160, 161, 162; Infield Reserve VIP 27; etc.

Any recommendations? Does first or third base side have sun concerns for a 7pm game in August?
KoreAmBear
grandmastapoop;842851733 said:

Help needed, Doyers:

I've been to Dodger Stadium once, about a decade ago. I'm helping our nanny buy tickets to a game on her vacation next week (don't worry, she won't be allowed in our home with Dodger gear). What's a good section? She's been to ATT once and we sat in View Level Infield (upper deck, but close to home plate).

I'm seeing some decent prices on Stubhub - less than $20 in Loge Value 160, 161, 162; Infield Reserve VIP 27; etc.

Any recommendations? Does first or third base side have sun concerns for a 7pm game in August?

Sun is only a concern for about an hour but by then it's not super bright. If worried about that the back of each section is usually under canopy. I would get anything in between the bases. Loge is nice, mid-level. I like getting field seats (even if past the bases) because can go early and try to get autographs or fly balls in BP (I think you can do that no matter what seats you have if you go early).

The best deal in baseball though is the upper deck and they are all situated in between the bases. They used to be like $6 as recently as like 5 years ago. Probably more like $20 now but still a great deal. Sure it's a bit high up, but you can see the ball better than on the field by the foul pole. Most of the action obviously happens in between the bases. Other parks would probably call them "inner/infield" reserves and could charge $40 for them.
GMP
KoreAmBear;842851740 said:

Sun is only a concern for about an hour but by then it's not super bright. If worried about that the back of each section is usually under canopy. I would get anything in between the bases. Loge is nice, mid-level. I like getting field seats (even if past the bases) because can go early and try to get autographs or fly balls in BP (I think you can do that no matter what seats you have if you go early).

The best deal in baseball though is the upper deck and they are all situated in between the bases. They used to be like $6 as recently as like 5 years ago. Probably more like $20 now but still a great deal. Sure it's a bit high up, but you can see the ball better than on the field by the foul pole. Most of the action obviously happens in between the bases. Other parks would probably call them "inner/infield" reserves and could charge $40 for them.

Thanks. I went with Section 27RS (?) Row A - looks like the front row of the second deck, just off third base. Only about $25 each. Not bad.
KoreAmBear
grandmastapoop;842851742 said:

Thanks. I went with Section 27RS (?) Row A - looks like the front row of the second deck, just off third base. Only about $25 each. Not bad.

Sounds good. Yah the sun won't be much of a problem. Should be shaded by then.
First Page Last Page
Page 83 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.