Hey Dodgers Fans

993,571 Views | 5504 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by Big C
bonsallbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've never pretended to be neutral and yes i am an excited fan. I don't disparage the Giants or their fans.
Ncsf
BearNecessities;842858073 said:

I see you've dropped the pretense of being just an excited fan who's not looking to trash talk. At least you're being honest about it now.

I'm not a Giants fan. That said, until this year, the Dodgers have been a joke with their underachieving for the last decade plus. Baseball is a bottom line game. Let's see how they do in the playoffs. Reality is that your Manager has done a great job creating a winning culture and the players on this roster have bought in.

Finally, the key will be Kershaw healthy and Darvish stepping up big. Quality arms win in the post-season, no exceptions.
KoreAmBear
BearNecessities;842858021 said:

I thought people from LA didn't care about the rivalry

No that's LA folks not caring about LA v. SF in general. I was shocked how many people seemed to hate LA when I went to Cal. We never thought about hating on SF growing up in LA. Now Dodgers/Giants, that's a completely different story.
sycasey
KoreAmBear;842858134 said:

No that's LA folks not caring about LA v. SF in general. I was shocked how many people seemed to hate LA when I went to Cal. We never thought about hating on SF growing up in LA. Now Dodgers/Giants, that's a completely different story.

My experience was that most people from LA tended to have a broadly positive view of SF and/or the Bay Area, sports teams aside.

That might be changing now, as the economic/political power in CA has shifted north in the last decades.
ducky23
sycasey;842858139 said:

My experience was that most people from LA tended to have a broadly positive view of SF and/or the Bay Area, sports teams aside.

That might be changing now, as the economic/political power in CA has shifted north in the last decades.

As a lifelong bay area resident, I feel like I can say this. Back in the day, it was pretty hard to hate on the bay area because (generally) it was a pretty awesome place to live with pretty chill people. Now with the tech boom, there's a lot more arrogant pricks roaming the streets. The City sure ain't what it used to be. So if LA people want to hate on us, that's fine, I won't stop them
dajo9
Growing up in SoCal in the 1980s, Northern California was definitely an afterthought. I would visit my Aunt who lived in San Francisco and was always surprised by the animosity to Southern California. Same when I went to Cal in the 1990s.

Regarding Dodgers / Giants. Prior to this decade, everything NCSF said about the Dodgers could have been said about the Giants for the 50 years prior to this decade. These things come and go. When the Giants finally won I was just glad that Barry Bonds wasn't part of it. The Dodgers really took a step back when the O'Malley family sold them. It is exciting to see them do so well this year and with a lineup that is young and could be in place for a long time.
NYCGOBEARS
dajo9;842858155 said:

Growing up in SoCal in the 1980s, Northern California was definitely an afterthought. I would visit my Aunt who lived in San Francisco and was always surprised by the animosity to Southern California. Same when I went to Cal in the 1990s.

Regarding Dodgers / Giants. Prior to this decade, everything NCSF said about the Dodgers could have been said about the Giants for the 50 years prior to this decade. These things come and go. When the Giants finally won I was just glad that Barry Bonds wasn't part of it. The Dodgers really took a step back when the O'Malley family sold them. It is exciting to see them do so well this year and with a lineup that is young and could be in place for a long time.

Mission Burritos > San Bernardino Burritos.
KoreAmBear
NYCGOBEARS;842858156 said:

Someone on my social media feed mentioned that SD Mexican food was the best in California. I say no way. East LA and SF Mission District tacos are much better than the SD carne asada with fries crap. Now their fish tacos are superior, I will give them that.
GB54
KoreAmBear;842858134 said:

SF is a more provincial place.
dajo9
NYCGOBEARS;842858156 said:

I wouldn't know, not having any interest in the Mission and all
NYCGOBEARS
dajo9;842858224 said:

I wouldn't know, not having any interest in the Mission and all

I like Taylor Ham.
dajo9
NYCGOBEARS;842858226 said:

I like Taylor Ham.

I prefer a quality falafel
NYCGOBEARS
dajo9;842858232 said:

I prefer a quality falafel

Contrarian.
bonsallbear
NYCGOBEARS;842858234 said:

Contrarian.

Bad news Dodgers lose. Good news Cody hits #30
bonsallbear
Back on track. Woods now13-1. Darvish goes tomorrow.
82gradDLSdad
bonsallbear;842858482 said:

Back on track. Woods now13-1. Darvish goes tomorrow.

Giants won too. Third and sixth inning infield drags went flawlessly.
rathokan
Yu Darvish looks good in blue. 7 IP, 0 ER, 10 K

bonsallbear
Yes indeed. Three hits backed by3 homerun. Winners of42 of last 49.
bonsallbear
Oh my - Dodgers win again. 5 home runs. Bellinger #31. Chris Taylor is a gem. Puig lines one over the fence. Seager goes upper deck. Turner joins in on the fun.

Darvish may be the missing piece.
GB54
I have to say I'm impressed. I predict there's going to be yet another NL West pennant flying over Chavez Ravine next spring.
rathokan
GB54;842858801 said:

I have to say I'm impressed. I predict there's going to be yet another NL West pennant flying over Chavez Ravine next spring.

i guess that's the fear... that the 2017 Dodgers are this year's version of the 2016 Warriors
GB54
rathokan;842858815 said:

i guess that's the fear... that the 2017 Dodgers are this year's version of the 2016 Warriors

Hey, I'm a Red Sox fan. I knock the rally caps off of kids and yell, Retards!
rathokan
one of the best moments of yesterday's game... Bellinger was in an 0-12 stretch, and the Dodgers tv announcer said something like, "Some guys are in a slump, and some guys are just overdue." This was seconds before he yakked a 2 run HR (his 31st) to tie the game in the 6th. awesome stuff
bonsallbear
Ryu pitches 1 hit ball for 7 innisngs. Turner and Bellinger go deep. 8 - 0 DODGERS. SF now 36 games back.
bonsallbear
Another special game. Puig knocks in winning run against Grienke and Bellinger hits #33. Alex Wood now14 - 1
KoreAmBear
bonsallbear;842859852 said:

Another special game. Puig knocks in winning run against Grienke and Bellinger hits #33. Alex Wood now14 - 1

Who you got Judge or Bellinger for more HRs?
bonsallbear
KoreAmBear;842859922 said:

Who you got Judge or Bellinger for more HRs?

I'm going With bellinger. Better at bat to HR ratio
rathokan
lotta dodger blue in the stands in Arizona

KoreAmBear
rathokan;842859972 said:

lotta dodger blue in the stands in Arizona

Amazing the amount of Dodger fans at opposing stadiums. It's rivaling what we've seen in the past for Red Sox, Yankee Cubbie and (begrudingly) Giants fans in certain seasons. The Pantone 294 fan club has certainly made it a thing to represent and be loud at road games.
TheSouseFamily
KoreAmBear;842860001 said:

Amazing the amount of Dodger fans at opposing stadiums. It's rivaling what we've seen in the past for Red Sox, Yankee Cubbie and (begrudingly) Giants fans in certain seasons. The Pantone 294 fan club has certainly made it a thing to represent and be loud at road games.

I was just at the games in Atlanta and i couldn't believe how many Dodger fans there were. Far more than in years past. I'm sure some of it is bandwagoning but, like you said, Pantone 294 seems to have really cranked things up.

By the way, how great is it that Greinke is 1-5 now against the Dodgers? I love Zack and was bummed to see him go (would love to have him back some day too) and am certainly glad he landed in AZ instead of Frisco. But it's a little sweet justice to batter him around the yard a little bit as he watches his team sit far behind in the standings.
bonsallbear
Would not like to face them in the play offs.
rathokan
TheSouseFamily;842860007 said:

I was just at the games in Atlanta and i couldn't believe how many Dodger fans there were. Far more than in years past. I'm sure some of it is bandwagoning but, like you said, Pantone 294 seems to have really cranked things up.

By the way, how great is it that Greinke is 1-5 now against the Dodgers? I love Zack and was bummed to see him go (would love to have him back some day too) and am certainly glad he landed in AZ instead of Frisco. But it's a little sweet justice to batter him around the yard a little bit as he watches his team sit far behind in the standings.

it was reported that Greinke threw Puig's luggage off the team bus... must feel good for Yasiel to get the game winning RBI against Greinke in that situation. Even better that we win that game in AZ w/ our #4 going up against their ace.

Bullpen has looked shaky this series which is a bit of a concern.
KoreAmBear
rathokan;842860174 said:

it was reported that Greinke threw Puig's luggage off the team bus... must feel good for Yasiel to get the game winning RBI against Greinke in that situation. Even better that we win that game in AZ w/ our #4 going up against their ace.

AZ is a good hitting team and the BOB or whatever they call it is a hitter's park. At least we saw why Friedman wanted Cingrani. Blew two lefties away yesterday. He is here to get 1-2 lefties out in key leverage situations.
TheSouseFamily
rathokan;842860174 said:

Hopefully, Gonzo comes back healthy and productive (he went yard last night in AAA). Forsythe against righties and Joc against lefties can be rough. With Gonzo back, Bellinger can move to left and CT3 can play second against righties and CF against lefties. Much stronger lineup.
dajo9
TheSouseFamily;842860180 said:

Hopefully, Gonzo comes back healthy and productive (he went yard last night in AAA). Forsythe against righties and Joc against lefties can be rough. With Gonzo back, Bellinger can move to left and CT3 can play second against righties and CF against lefties. Much stronger lineup.

Do you see the Dodgers not picking up Forsythe's contract option next year and going with Taylor full time at 2nd base?
First Page Last Page
Page 87 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.