Hey Dodgers Fans

983,241 Views | 5496 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by MiZery
bonsallbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Robert's botched the 7th game of the series with the Astros by starting Darvish
GMP
Mr. May strikes again. Lol. I love Playoff Kershaw.
AUOso
You all are making me nostalgic for best burrito or Water pH threads....calvin booth anyone? some threads just never die.
sycasey
GMP said:

Blueblood
This thread is definite proof that Cal football is dead, at least for this season!

GRRAAH
GMP said:

Happy you have an interest in baseball after May. Pathetic Giants are non-entities by then in recent years...
bonsallbear
Dodger bats awake! 7 runs in the 6th all with two outs and two strikes.
GO DODGERS!
GMP
Serious question for Dodger fans:

Scherzer just got through the 7th, but he's probably done. You trail by 5. If you can't get 6 in the next two innings, you head home but the Nats have Strasburg on almost full rest (4 days).

What's your concern level, 1-10, at this moment?

bonsallbear
5 but it goes up if Roberts keeps pitching Baez
sycasey
Pedro Baez is my favorite Dodger.
GMP
bonsallbear said:

5 but it goes up if Roberts keeps pitching Baez

5 sounds right. I'd trust that lineup, plus Buehler.
TheSouseFamily
GMP said:

Scherzer just got through the 7th, but he's probably done. You trail by 5. If you can't get 6 in the next two innings, you head home but the Nats have Strasburg on almost full rest (4 days).

Before I answer your question, I'll say that my expectation for winning a WS title (before the playoffs began) was a 1 with a 0 being not at all confident and a 10 being supremely confident.

As for this series and a game 5, I think it's a 50/50 proposition with Strasburg going. The Nats are set up to be a very dangerous post-season team with their top 2 starters plus a very effective Corbin. Would be disappointing for the Dodgers to lose the NLDS series but not a total shocker.
GMP
TheSouseFamily said:

GMP said:

Before I answer your question, I'll say that my expectation for winning a WS title (before the playoffs began) was a 1 with a 0 being not at all confident and a 10 being supremely confident.

As for this series and a game 5, I think it's a 50/50 proposition with Strasburg going. The Nats are set up to be a very dangerous post-season team with their top 2 starters plus a very effective Corbin. Would be disappointing for the Dodgers to lose the NLDS series but not a total shocker.

Yes, a solid team. In fact before the series I did a little digging. Over their last 112 (which marks the start of the Nats turnaround) both teams were 74-48, a 104 win pace. You can't discount two months, but for the last 4 months these were two very good and very even teams.
dimitrig

Nats are a good team. They are not as good as the Dodgers, but almost. The series shows that. If the Nats had a bullpen they would not have been the wild card. In a 7 game series the Dodgers take them easily but these 5 game series are another story. Dodgers have to rely on Buehler tomorrow and hope the offense does what it is capable of. I am worried but I have to say I will be surprised if the Dodgers don't pull it off at home. I am gonna say Dodgers fall behind and win it on a walk off.
bonsallbear
Two very good young pitchers but I think the pressure gets to Buehler in the fourth. Strasburg goes 7 and Nats win 4-2.

Hope I'm wrong

GO DODGERS
sonofabear51
Kershaw just lit up twice. Love it. Beat LA! 3-3
Start Slowly and taper off
GMP
sonofabear51 said:

Kershaw just lit up twice. Love it. Beat LA!

Can't stop laughing. Mr. May!!!
sycasey
GMP said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
ducky23
Where are all the dodgers fans going? It's not over. Cmon believe dodgers fans
OneKeg
Wow.

Kendrick with the granny in the 10th.
sonofabear51
Kendrick grand slam!!!! Hell yeah! 7-3 Washington!
Robocheme
I don't care who wins as long as it isn't the Dodgers. Nats up 7-3!! Thanks Clayton
tequila4kapp
I'm seriously so over Dave Roberts. He brings in Kershaw (worst playoff pitcher ever) and Kelly (worst pitcher on the roster) with the series on the line, It's like he was trying to lose. Fire him tonight.
rathokan
tequila4kapp said:

I'm seriously so over Dave Roberts. He brings in Kershaw (worst playoff pitcher ever) and Kelly (worst pitcher on the roster) with the series on the line, It's like he was trying to lose. Fire him tonight.
you forgot about Baez
KoreAmBear
tequila4kapp said:

Friedman continues to go cheap on the bullpen year after year.

Roberts letting Kersh pitch to 2 straight HR hitters.

Kelly was bad all year. Kenley wasn't much better.

Good night now.

Only silver lining is that Howie had a career moment. He was basically the scapegoat all series. But I always appreciated the way he approached the game. Happy for him., Back to more pleasant topics -- the Cal offense.
tim94501
Lmfaaaaaooooo i love it
eastbayyoungbear
I feel like after a point it's almost better to be consistently and predictably bad than consistently good but never good enough.
sycasey
That was better than sex.
bonsallbear
Oh well. Roberts does a decent job with position players but sucks with the bull pen . I've been saying for three years to get rid of Roberts. Feel sorry for Kershaw but he should not have been put in that position.

sonofabear51
LA has lost !! Beat LA has happened!
tequila4kapp
eastbayyoungbear said:

I feel like after a point it's almost better to be consistently and predictably bad than consistently good but never good enough.
We are Cal and Dodgers fans. We get both.
Robocheme
Hey Bryce, how are you doing?
HighlandDutch
31 years...it won't be long until the Dodgers' championship drought is old enough to run for President.
sycasey
Congratulations on another division title to the Los Angeles Braves.
GBear4Life
Another example of the clearly better team losing in a short playoff series.
First Page Last Page
Page 119 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.