Hey Dodgers Fans

472,241 Views | 4259 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by dimitrig
bonsallbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Robert's botched the 7th game of the series with the Astros by starting Darvish
GMP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mr. May strikes again. Lol. I love Playoff Kershaw.
AUOso
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You all are making me nostalgic for best burrito or Water pH threads....calvin booth anyone? some threads just never die.
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GMP said:

Mr. May strikes again. Lol. I love Playoff Kershaw.

Blueblood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This thread is definite proof that Cal football is dead, at least for this season!


GRRAAH
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GMP said:

Mr. May strikes again. Lol. I love Playoff Kershaw.


Happy you have an interest in baseball after May. Pathetic Giants are non-entities by then in recent years...
bonsallbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dodger bats awake! 7 runs in the 6th all with two outs and two strikes.
GO DODGERS!
GMP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Serious question for Dodger fans:

Scherzer just got through the 7th, but he's probably done. You trail by 5. If you can't get 6 in the next two innings, you head home but the Nats have Strasburg on almost full rest (4 days).

What's your concern level, 1-10, at this moment?

bonsallbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
5 but it goes up if Roberts keeps pitching Baez
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pedro Baez is my favorite Dodger.
GMP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bonsallbear said:

5 but it goes up if Roberts keeps pitching Baez


5 sounds right. I'd trust that lineup, plus Buehler.
TheSouseFamily
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GMP said:

Serious question for Dodger fans:

Scherzer just got through the 7th, but he's probably done. You trail by 5. If you can't get 6 in the next two innings, you head home but the Nats have Strasburg on almost full rest (4 days).

What's your concern level, 1-10, at this moment?




Before I answer your question, I'll say that my expectation for winning a WS title (before the playoffs began) was a 1 with a 0 being not at all confident and a 10 being supremely confident.

As for this series and a game 5, I think it's a 50/50 proposition with Strasburg going. The Nats are set up to be a very dangerous post-season team with their top 2 starters plus a very effective Corbin. Would be disappointing for the Dodgers to lose the NLDS series but not a total shocker.
GMP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheSouseFamily said:

GMP said:

Serious question for Dodger fans:

Scherzer just got through the 7th, but he's probably done. You trail by 5. If you can't get 6 in the next two innings, you head home but the Nats have Strasburg on almost full rest (4 days).

What's your concern level, 1-10, at this moment?




Before I answer your question, I'll say that my expectation for winning a WS title (before the playoffs began) was a 1 with a 0 being not at all confident and a 10 being supremely confident.

As for this series and a game 5, I think it's a 50/50 proposition with Strasburg going. The Nats are set up to be a very dangerous post-season team with their top 2 starters plus a very effective Corbin. Would be disappointing for the Dodgers to lose the NLDS series but not a total shocker.


Yes, a solid team. In fact before the series I did a little digging. Over their last 112 (which marks the start of the Nats turnaround) both teams were 74-48, a 104 win pace. You can't discount two months, but for the last 4 months these were two very good and very even teams.
dimitrig
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Nats are a good team. They are not as good as the Dodgers, but almost. The series shows that. If the Nats had a bullpen they would not have been the wild card. In a 7 game series the Dodgers take them easily but these 5 game series are another story. Dodgers have to rely on Buehler tomorrow and hope the offense does what it is capable of. I am worried but I have to say I will be surprised if the Dodgers don't pull it off at home. I am gonna say Dodgers fall behind and win it on a walk off.
bonsallbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Two very good young pitchers but I think the pressure gets to Buehler in the fourth. Strasburg goes 7 and Nats win 4-2.

Hope I'm wrong

GO DODGERS
sonofabear51
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kershaw just lit up twice. Love it. Beat LA! 3-3
GMP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sonofabear51 said:

Kershaw just lit up twice. Love it. Beat LA!


Can't stop laughing. Mr. May!!!
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GMP said:

Mr. May strikes again. Lol. I love Playoff Kershaw.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
ducky23
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Where are all the dodgers fans going? It's not over. Cmon believe dodgers fans
OneKeg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wow.

Kendrick with the granny in the 10th.
sonofabear51
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kendrick grand slam!!!! Hell yeah! 7-3 Washington!
Robocheme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't care who wins as long as it isn't the Dodgers. Nats up 7-3!! Thanks Clayton
tequila4kapp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm seriously so over Dave Roberts. He brings in Kershaw (worst playoff pitcher ever) and Kelly (worst pitcher on the roster) with the series on the line, It's like he was trying to lose. Fire him tonight.
rathokan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tequila4kapp said:

I'm seriously so over Dave Roberts. He brings in Kershaw (worst playoff pitcher ever) and Kelly (worst pitcher on the roster) with the series on the line, It's like he was trying to lose. Fire him tonight.
you forgot about Baez
KoreAmBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tequila4kapp said:

I'm seriously so over Dave Roberts. He brings in Kershaw (worst playoff pitcher ever) and Kelly (worst pitcher on the roster) with the series on the line, It's like he was trying to lose. Fire him tonight.
Friedman continues to go cheap on the bullpen year after year.

Roberts letting Kersh pitch to 2 straight HR hitters.

Kelly was bad all year. Kenley wasn't much better.

Good night now.

Only silver lining is that Howie had a career moment. He was basically the scapegoat all series. But I always appreciated the way he approached the game. Happy for him., Back to more pleasant topics -- the Cal offense.
tim94501
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lmfaaaaaooooo i love it
eastbayyoungbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I feel like after a point it's almost better to be consistently and predictably bad than consistently good but never good enough.
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That was better than sex.
bonsallbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oh well. Roberts does a decent job with position players but sucks with the bull pen . I've been saying for three years to get rid of Roberts. Feel sorry for Kershaw but he should not have been put in that position.

sonofabear51
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LA has lost !! Beat LA has happened!
tequila4kapp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
eastbayyoungbear said:

I feel like after a point it's almost better to be consistently and predictably bad than consistently good but never good enough.
We are Cal and Dodgers fans. We get both.
Robocheme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hey Bryce, how are you doing?
HighlandDutch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
31 years...it won't be long until the Dodgers' championship drought is old enough to run for President.
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Congratulations on another division title to the Los Angeles Braves.
GBear4Life
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Another example of the clearly better team losing in a short playoff series.
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.