Hey Dodgers Fans

995,873 Views | 5504 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by Big C
Adrian The Cal Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Vogelsong > Kershaw
NYCGOBEARS
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes!!! Go Giants! Beat LA!
EchoOfSilence
Eat one.
JollyBear
Sweep tomorrow into first place! Go Giants!
Adrian The Cal Bear
Looking forward to the Giants winning tomorrow after a strong start from Timmy!

LETS GO GIANTS!!! BEAT LA!!!
liverflukes
Adrian...

GO DODGERS!
bearister
I heard on the radio this morning that some undercover SF cops were going to dress in Dodger gear at the game in an effort to snag some violent fans (and deter same by publicizing the sting operation). It brought back the memory of a "decoy" operation when I was in law school where cops dressed like homeless people to snag those who preyed on them. The operation ended when a young decoy officer was murdered.
egbear82
Heading home from the game now- great to see vogelsong prove that he's the real deal and sure hope Timmy can complete the sweep tomorrow! Gorgeous night at the Park tonight!
Cal_Fan2
FingeroftheBear;841904143 said:

I love how much Giants fans hate the Dodgers. Makes my day every time I hear it...and I've heard it. BIL is a Giants fan, ex-BILs via Ex were Giants fan, the kind that got in drunken fights in the left field bleachers at the Stick.

Just waiting for Timmy to pitch!

You should have been around in the 60's and 70s when the hate was even worse....the fans still hate each other but back then, even the players hated each other which you don't see today.....Sandy Koufax and Don Drysdale were wicked good but then again, the Giants had Mays, McCovey, Cepeda and the Alou brothers to counter them.....nothing like Juna Marichal hitting catcher Johnny Rosboro in the head with his bat after Rosboro threw a ball back to the pitcher too close to Juan's head....NOW THOSE were the days....

Agureghian
A's!
BowDowntoWashington
You beat the Dodgers without Matt Kemp (who accounts for a major % of the team's offense). Congrats. The Giants still suck. I'm praying that Sabean will foolishly give Melky Cabrera a huge extension.
BlueAndGold
BowDowntoWashington;841904162 said:

You beat the Dodgers without Matt Kemp (who accounts for a major % of the team's offense). Congrats. The Giants still suck. I'm praying that Sabean will foolishly give Melky Cabrera a huge extension.

lol, mad as ****.
GMP

At least you know you're a one man offense. And of course, a one man pitching staff (which just got beat).
Adrian The Cal Bear

We could have said the same thing when you guys beat us last series since we didnt have the Panda.

Leave it to a UW fan to be hatting like a hatter
KoreAmBear
Adrian The Cal Bear;841904132 said:

Vogelsong > Kershaw

Sure why not.

Then where is Lincecum in the equation? Hmm... OK let's find the ERA ranking for MLB starters. Oh, here it is.

105. Jake Arrieta 5.55 > 106. Tommy Hunter 5.67 > 107. Timmy 6.07.

Unfortunately, with the Dodgers' pathetic hitting right now, Timmy will probably lower his ERA to slightly under 6 after Wednesday's game. Should be a fun rest of the year. Go Dodgers!
CannonBlast
Adrian The Cal Bear;841904169 said:

We could have said the same thing when you guys beat us last series since we didnt have the Panda.

Leave it to a UW fan to be hatting like a hatter

Stop this NL west pillow fight. Both teams got owned by the Angels last week. If MLB had relegation, the NL west is where the sorry teams would go. ;-P go Bears! Go Halos!
Adrian The Cal Bear
KoreAmBear;841904171 said:

Sure why not.

Then where is Lincecum in the equation? Hmm... OK let's find the ERA ranking for MLB starters. Oh, here it is.

105. Jake Arrieta 5.55 > 106. Tommy Hunter 5.67 > 107. Timmy 6.07.

Unfortunately, with the Dodgers' pathetic hitting right now, Timmy will probably lower his ERA to slightly under 6 after Wednesday's game. Should be a fun rest of the year. Go Dodgers!

Tomorrow's start for Timmy is going to be interesting. He had a bad first inning in his last start but after that, he really dialed in. Let's see if he carries that over.
NYCGOBEARS

Injuries happen. Weak excuse. Matt Kemp didn't cause Kershaw to give up the big HR to The Melk Man.
NYCGOBEARS
I say this with the utmost respect for one of the greatest rivalries in all sports. The Dodgers blow! Today we'll know better if Lincecum has gotten over the hump or not. Go Giants!!! Beat LA.
sycasey
CannonBlast;841904174 said:

Stop this NL west pillow fight. Both teams got owned by the Angels last week. If MLB had relegation, the NL west is where the sorry teams would go. ;-P go Bears! Go Halos!

You're thinking of the AL Central.
Adrian The Cal Bear
LafayetteBear;841904242 said:

Based on a single game? LOL. Let's see how their statistics match up at the end of the season.

Forgot to mention - he beat Kershaw earlier in the season too. 2-0

But yeah let;s see...
KoreAmBear
Adrian The Cal Bear;841904181 said:

Tomorrow's start for Timmy is going to be interesting. He had a bad first inning in his last start but after that, he really dialed in. Let's see if he carries that over.

My worry is that he has the perfect team to pitch against to get this act together (like Zito the other day). No need for rehab assignments to the minors. Just schedule a start against the Doyers. Doyers gotta take one from the Gigantes, though. Glad it's the Dodgers and Giants contending rather that the D-Backs (boring).
rathokan
one start doesn't define a trend. Kershaw has owned the Giants in the past. Whether or not yesterday was a precursor of things to come or just a bump in the road remains to be seen.

Reminds me of:

"And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Vitas Gerulaitis 17 times in a row."
after beating Jimmy Connors at the January 1979 Masters. Gerulaitis had lost their previous 16 matches.

:bravo
KoreAmBear
rathokan;841904278 said:

one start doesn't define a trend. Kershaw has owned the Giants in the past. Whether or not yesterday was a precursor of things to come or just a bump in the road remains to be seen.

Reminds me of:

"And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Vitas Gerulaitis 17 times in a row."
– after beating Jimmy Connors at the January 1979 Masters. Gerulaitis had lost their previous 16 matches.

Clayton has not been himself this year because he has plantar fasciitis on his plant foot, which we know can be painfully dreadful when MSF had to play on it. He'll likely have to power through the rest of the season with it. Plus 2 runs allowed is more than a quality start anyway. Vogelsong has been great this year.
Adrian The Cal Bear
rathokan;841904278 said:

Reminds me of:

after beating Jimmy Connors at the January 1979 Masters. Gerulaitis had lost their previous 16 matches.

Kershaw in 0-2 against the Giants so far. Im excited for the next Kershaw start against the GMen. This is perhaps the best Giants offense of recent.
Adrian The Cal Bear
Well Timmy is good so far. Definitely has command of his pitches.
KoreAmBear
FingeroftheBear;841904312 said:

Live webstream here: http://www.vipbox.tv/watch/57836/1/mlb-:san-francisco-giants-vs-los-angeles-dodgers-live-stream-online.html (get the headphones out)

With HOFer and all-time great Vin Scully at the mic. Say all you want Giants fans but you don't have Vin Scully. Only guy that's in the same sentence of Jack Buck, father of idiot Joe.

Go Dodgers!

Do you have to download all that crap?
Adrian The Cal Bear
FingeroftheBear;841904312 said:

Live webstream here: http://www.vipbox.tv/watch/57836/1/mlb-:san-francisco-giants-vs-los-angeles-dodgers-live-stream-online.html (get the headphones out)

With HOFer and all-time great Vin Scully at the mic. Say all you want Giants fans but you don't have Vin Scully. Only guy that's in the same sentence of Jack Buck, father of idiot Joe.

Go Dodgers!

Ill take Kruk, Kuip, Jon Miller, and even Dave Flemming over Scully anyday.
GB54
Adrian The Cal Bear;841904320 said:

Scully is 84 but still better than all but one of these guys (Miller).

Kuiper is good. Kruk boring. Fleming is beyond boring residing in the outskirts of McCarver-ville
KoreAmBear
Adrian The Cal Bear;841904320 said:

Homer much?
Adrian The Cal Bear
KoreAmBear;841904323 said:

Homer much?

I grew up listening to those 4 so yeah call me a homer. But I think the same can be said on both sides. I find Scully boring.
KoreAmBear
Adrian The Cal Bear;841904335 said:

I grew up listening to those 4 so yeah call me a homer. But I think the same can be said on both sides. I find Scully boring.

Maybe but he has saint-like status to Dodger fans and there's a substantial consensus throughout baseball about Vinny's ability and legendary status (more so than people liking guys like Kuiper etc. - not even an issue). I like Jon Miller but I hated listening to him, not just because he's the Giant broadcaster, but I really hate listening to Joe Morgan pontificate.
BowDowntoWashington
Jon Miller is God awful. A lot of people in Baltimore hated him too. I wonder what took ESPN so long to get rid of Miller and Morgan. Dan Shulman is a million times better than Miller.

Krukow and Kuiper aren't terrible, but they certainly aren't top tier announcers. Vin Scully, Marty Brennaman, Bob Uecker, and Shulman are great announcers.
JollyBear
Jumping the gun here -- still 3 innings left -- but when's the last time a team swept three games with three shutouts?
Cal_Fan2
JollyBear;841904357 said:

Jumping the gun here -- still 3 innings left -- but when's the last time a team swept three games with three shutouts?

Texas Rangers in 2008

Oakland A' in 1996 (The A's have had 9 streaks of 2 and 3 game shutouts...the last 2 gamer was 2010, against the Giants)
Last Page
Page 1 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.