Hey Dodgers Fans

995,996 Views | 5504 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by Big C
beelzebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
grandmastapoop;842151883 said:

Do I enjoy Dodger fans woofing about the standings on August 13, when the Giants have won 2 of the last 3 World Series? Why yes. Yes, I do.

Do you Giant fans enjoy the crappy play, the losing and the .444 this season?
moonpod
I'm not gonna gloat unless this actually turns into a title. It's been A LONG time in dodger land....

On a different note....Brian Wilson a dodger?!?!?!??
GMP
beelzebear;842151897 said:

Do you Giant fans enjoy the crappy play, the losing and the .444 this season?

No, not in the least. But the memories are near enough to keep me warm. In 1988 I was six. That was 25 years ago. I imagine the median-aged Dodger fan (and younger) can't even remember the last Dodgers title.
YuSeeBerkeley
grandmastapoop;842151917 said:

No, not in the least. But the memories are near enough to keep me warm. In 1988 I was six. That was 25 years ago. I imagine the median-aged Dodger fan (and younger) can't even remember the last Dodgers title.

I have a feeling you're going to be clinging to those two World Series for years to come. If you're not frightened by these Dodgers and the new ownership, you're not paying attention. Enjoy it while you can.
GMP
YuSeeBerkeley;842151922 said:

I have a feeling you're going to be clinging to those two World Series for years to come. If you're not frightened by these Dodgers and the new ownership, you're not paying attention. Enjoy it while you can.

I'm not concerned about the new ownership.

I am concerned about your TV deal.

But I also know baseball is a weird game. I'd rather have more money to spend than not, but I also know that it takes more than money. The Yankees have spent the most money for years, and they've won one title in the last 13 seasons.
NYCGOBEARS

You've been clinging to your old WS championships and it has literally been many years since you've won them. Giants fans have worried about the Dodgers forever. It is an essential part of the great rivalry. Win a few titles before you start crowing. Our ownership and manager are proven. Yours as of yet, are not. The Giants will contend again.
OskiMD
With the deep starting rotation and emergence of Puig I am going to go with the Dodgers winning the WS this year. And I remember the last WS very well. That was an amazing season with Hershiser, Gibson, et al. One of the best WS, and I don't even like baseball much.
Cal Panda Bear

It's hilarious how Doyer fans are talking as if they WON a championship already.
2ndTrumpetBear
Cal Panda Bear;842152070 said:

It's hilarious how Doyer fans are talking as if they WON a championship already.

What are Giants fans talking about?
sycasey
2ndTrumpetBear;842152084 said:

What are Giants fans talking about?

That we already won two titles?
CalBear68
OskiMD;842152032 said:

With the deep starting rotation and emergence of Puig I am going to go with the Dodgers winning the WS this year. And I remember the last WS very well. That was an amazing season with Hershiser, Gibson, et al. One of the best WS, and I don't even like baseball much.

Well, great! Just have the trophy sent down to doggerland and call off the rest of the games. First series ever won in August. Woo! Hoo!
2ndTrumpetBear
sycasey;842152099 said:

That we already won two titles?

Considering how much time the Giants have spent in the 2013 cellar, I don't know how often I would be bringing up that 2012 title.
CalBear68
2ndTrumpetBear;842152114 said:

Considering how much time the Giants have spent in the 2013 cellar, I don't know how often I would be bringing up that 2012 title.

OK, how about the 2010 title then?
moonpod
Giants have won 7 over the years. The Dodgers 6. Before 2010 it had been like 50 years plus for the giants. Last dodger title was 1988. It's not like either of these teams have been in contention year in year out until very recently for the giants and this year for the dodgers really. Rivalries are great for generating smack talk but would be better if both teams were competitive at same time (relatively infrequent but has happened). This year Isn't one of those years. So the giants fans can cling to the glory of past year and 2010 and us dodger fans can basically hope that this is finally the year (25....)
sycasey
2ndTrumpetBear;842152114 said:

Why not? Did they take the flags down? Did the players give their rings back? The whole point of playing is to win a championship; if you suck the next year it's not like the championship didn't count, it just means you sucked the next year.
86Oski
sycasey;842152302 said:

Why not? Did they take the flags down? Did the players give their rings back? The whole point of playing is to win a championship; if you suck the next year it's not like the championship didn't count, it just means you sucked the next year.

Take it easy on them, sycasey. They're probably just a little rusty on how this whole championship thing works.
2ndTrumpetBear
sycasey;842152302 said:

if you suck the next year it's not like the championship didn't count, it just means you sucked the next year.

It certainly does.
beelzebear
It comes down to this: the Dodgers are playing exceptional baseball right now, and the Giants are not. Nothing else like enjoying summer, great baseball and living in the moment.
Unit2Sucks
Wake me up when there is a ring ceremony for leading the NL West in mid-August.

Until then, Giants are the defending champs and the Dodgers are still far enough removed from a WS title that it's about as relevant to today as Cal's last Rose Bowl.
GB54
People who trade for Crawford, Gonzalez, Beckett and 260 million dollars in salary don't inspire fear-they inspire laughter
beelzebear
Dodgers are on one of the hottest streaks in baseball, in like 30+ years. Seems dropping all that coin worked. And Kemp is out.

Giants are 16.5 games back. What happened to SF Giants championship baseball?

YuSeeBerkeley
GB54;842152314 said:

People who trade for Crawford, Gonzalez, Beckett and 260 million dollars in salary don't inspire fear-they inspire laughter

What was that? Sorry, your team is too far down in the standings. I can't hear your laughter from way up here.
YuSeeBerkeley
Unit2Sucks;842152312 said:

Wake me up when there is a ring ceremony for leading the NL West in mid-August.

Until then, Giants are the defending champs and the Dodgers are still far enough removed from a WS title that it's about as relevant to today as Cal's last Rose Bowl.

I think everyone here is missing the point. This is not some flash in the pan gutty Warriors team making a long run all the way to the second round of the playoffs. This Dodgers team is backed by deep pockets and will be a force to be reckoned with for years to come.
moonpod
YuSeeBerkeley;842152360 said:

I think everyone here is missing the point. This is not some flash in the pan gutty Warriors team making a long run all the way to the second round of the playoffs. This Dodgers team is backed by deep pockets and will be a force to be reckoned with for years to come.

We HOPE. It's been 25 years man. Let's enjoy this streak, and let's not count our chickens til they hatch. The backing is there. The farm system is still in place. This SHOULD work....but look at the yanks. It doesn't always quite pan out quite right
GB54
YuSeeBerkeley;842152356 said:

What was that? Sorry, your team is too far down in the standings. I can't hear your laughter from way up here.

Then you don't know who my team is.
sycasey
2ndTrumpetBear;842152304 said:

It certainly does.

I don't think anyone is disputing that the Giants suck this year, but if that is your only point then congratulations on finally making one.
2ndTrumpetBear
sycasey;842152394 said:

I don't think anyone is disputing that the Giants suck this year, but if that is your only point then congratulations on finally making one.

My point is that only Giants fans give a crap about what happened in 2012 and 2010. The rest of us are more concerned with what is going on today and tomorrow. But if holding on to your glory days makes you happy, then more power to you.
NYCGOBEARS
moonpod;842152119 said:

Giants have won 7 over the years. The Dodgers 6. Before 2010 it had been like 50 years plus for the giants. Last dodger title was 1988. It's not like either of these teams have been in contention year in year out until very recently for the giants and this year for the dodgers really. Rivalries are great for generating smack talk but would be better if both teams were competitive at same time (relatively infrequent but has happened). This year Isn't one of those years. So the giants fans can cling to the glory of past year and 2010 and us dodger fans can basically hope that this is finally the year (25....)

Quit it. Making sense in this thread is not allowed.
moonpod
Lol
beelzebear

Thank you Frisco, we love you!
NYCGOBEARS
beelzebear;842152437 said:

Thank you Frisco, we love you!

You shouldn't post pictures of dirty old men on BI. There may be some kids reading this.
SoCalBear323
Defending champs baby. Last place in the division. 5th worst record in the league. That's gangsta.

The temporariness of success in both teams who win a championship and then suck balls for a decade, and players who sign 100 million dollar contracts and become completely worthless within 6 months is the main reason why I can't get into baseball.
beelzebear
NYCGOBEARS;842152438 said:

You shouldn't post pictures of dirty old men on BI. There may be some kids reading this.

Oh really, you don't say.
NYCGOBEARS
beelzebear;842152443 said:

Oh really, you don't say.

Dodgers fans are always bragging about stuff they bought.
moonpod
NYCGOBEARS;842152444 said:

Dodgers fans are always bragging about stuff they bought.

HEY NOTHING wrong with store bought!
First Page Last Page
Page 23 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.