Hey Dodgers Fans

996,356 Views | 5504 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by Big C
NYCGOBEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
beelzebear;842152802 said:

...and the Giants are the smallest midget with the teeny tiny ding dong.

Are you from the San Fernando Valley?
beelzebear
NYCGOBEARS;842152820 said:

Are you from the San Fernando Valley?

The Valley, like no way. Totally grody.

Nope, Westeros. You know, lots of little people and miniature hostess treats.

Were are you from, Main St. Flushing?
NYCGOBEARS
beelzebear;842152823 said:

Were are you from, Main St. Flushing?

Worse... Sacramento.
GinFizzBear
sycasey;842152735 said:

Though if they truly have bottomless pockets then wasting this money will ultimately mean nothing to them. We'll see about that claim -- even the very richest teams still seem to reach their limit at some point.

Well, I'm exaggerating, but they have the most lucrative TV contract in baseball history. 25 years, $8.5 billion, with $2 billion going back to revenue sharing. The team gets around the normal revenue sharing rules here by an exception made for networks owned by the team itself. So they have the biggest contract, and they keep a disproportionate amount of revenue, relative to other clubs.
YuSeeBerkeley
GB54;842152789 said:

Impressive yes but at this point they are still the biggest midget in the NL West

Now you're just grasping at straws. It'd be one thing if the Dodgers were just beating up on weak teams within the division, but during this run, they've gone up against teams in contention such as the Cardinals, Rays, and Reds. Keep on hating, though.
beelzebear
NYCGOBEARS;842152824 said:

Worse... Sacramento.

Big points for honesty...and I see why you live in NYC.

My uncle lives in Sacto. It's not bad except the summer.
GB54
GinFizzBear;842152812 said:

Your commentary is an impressive collection of internet-poster, radio-show-call-in guy labels like "overrated" and "stiff" and best of all, "gamers." What do those things even mean? You've been listening to too much Krukow. Are you going to tell me to "grab some pine, meat" next?

I'm not arguing that the trade was a good move for Boston. It was. Sometimes trades work out well for both parties; it's not a zero-sum game.

You probably don't follow the Dodgers closely enough to understand that Crawford and Gonzales were huge upgrades at their positions for LA, and that Punto represents some badly needed depth at the infield. Beckett, yeah that's an albatross. personally I wasn't crazy about Beckett getting included in the deal -- I agree he was on a big downward trajectory at the time of the trade -- but it was part of the package. His medical issues didn't surface till after he was a Dodger for a while. I heard he may never play again.

You really don't seem to understand the economics at play here. All of these guys are highly affordable to the Dodgers, so they aren't overpaid. I can't explain it in a simpler way than that for you, so I'll end it here.

Except maybe performance on the field, the standings, etc. Wow. I don't remember your Cal comments being this bad.

LOL, would I ever love to sell you something.

Two left fielders, Dodgers and Red Sox

BA HR RBI OBP OPS
Carl Crawford .293 5 19 .343 .760
Daniel Nava .283 10 54 .370 .787

Carl Crawford salary, $20 Million
Daniel Nava salary, $500,000
Your delusions---priceless!
NYCGOBEARS
YuSeeBerkeley;842152829 said:

Now you're just grasping at straws. It'd be one thing if the Dodgers were just beating up on weak teams within the division, but during this run, they've gone up against teams in contention such as the Cardinals, Rays, and Reds. Keep on hating, though.

Oh my goodness you are taking things far too seriously. Chill out. Enjoy the ride. It's a good one and they're rare.
NYCGOBEARS
beelzebear;842152831 said:

Big points for honesty...and I see why you live in NYC.

My uncle lives in Sacto. It's not bad except the summer.

Lol. Actually, it was a great place to grow up. NYC is a great place to be a grown up.
bonsallbear
NYCGOBEARS;842152839 said:

Lol. Actually, it was a great place to grow up. NYC is a great place to be a grown up.

Inner-tubing from Sunset Bridge down to Ancil Hoffman. Yes, Sacatomatoes was good to grow up in.
NYCGOBEARS
bonsallbear;842152843 said:

Inner-tubing from Sunset Bridge down to Ancil Hoffman. Yes, Sacatomatoes was good to grow up in.

I'd love to do that now. That was fun!
GinFizzBear
GB54;842152832 said:

LOL, would I ever love to sell you something.

Two left fielders, Dodgers and Red Sox

BA HR RBI OBP OPS
Carl Crawford .293 5 19 .343 .760
Daniel Nava .283 10 54 .370 .787

Carl Crawford salary, $20 Million
Daniel Nava salary, $500,000
Your delusions---priceless!

Crawford isn't overpaid; Nava is a very good player underpaid. He's earning $500k because he had been DFA'd and wasn't even back in the majors until 2012. When he becomes artibtration eligible in 2015, I'm sure his agent will get him a fair deal.

As far as the HRs/RBIs are concerned, Crawford bats leadoff, and he doesn't have the role of a power hitter, and he has fewer plate appearances.

Still waiting for your first intelligent post.
sycasey
GinFizzBear;842152858 said:

As far as the HRs/RBIs are concerned, Crawford bats leadoff, and he doesn't have the role of a power hitter, and he has fewer plate appearances.

Crawford also has a lower OBP than Nava.
GB54

Crawford isn't overpaid

Still waiting for your first intelligent post.

But I'm arguing with the village idiot.
GinFizzBear
GB54;842152872 said:

But I'm arguing with the village idiot.

I think you're a dumbass too, GB54. At least we like the same college football team. EDIT: what's your favorite baseball team? I'm pretty sure it's some team besides the Giants. Not interested in discussing your baseball team, just curious.
GB54
GinFizzBear;842152875 said:

I think you're a dumbass too, GB54. At least we like the same college football team.

Agreed. Let's pick it up again in the world series.
2ndTrumpetBear
Dodger fans are not all bad. At least we know how to boo Kanye West.
NYCGOBEARS
GB54;842152878 said:

Agreed. Let's pick it up again in the world series.

Don't stop now. It was just starting to get fun with all the name calling. Hell, I don't want to wait until the Reds v Tigers play in the World Series to hear the rest of it. .
GB54
GinFizzBear;842152875 said:

EDIT: what's your favorite baseball team? I'm pretty sure it's some team besides the Giants. Not interested in discussing your baseball team, just curious.

Carl Crawford has a shrine in his backyard where he prays to the ex GM of my favorite team
YuSeeBerkeley
NYCGOBEARS;842152836 said:

Oh my goodness you are taking things far too seriously. Chill out. Enjoy the ride. It's a good one and they're rare.

What makes you think I'm not enjoying it? Just cause I'm responding to haters, here? All part of the fun, no?
NYCGOBEARS
YuSeeBerkeley;842152949 said:

What makes you think I'm not enjoying it? Just cause I'm responding to haters, here? All part of the fun, no?

Fair enough. I probably shouldn't have singled you out. Let's keep it in good fun though because despite our different professional allegiances, we are all Bears here and if nothing else that should at least command a modicum of civility and respect. Having said that - f@ck the Doyers. Lol.
Cal Panda Bear
NYCGOBEARS;842152884 said:

Don't stop now. It was just starting to get fun with all the name calling. Hell, I don't want to wait until the Reds v Tigers play in the World Series to hear the rest of it. .

I cant wait for that too. Going to be an interesting World Series :p
GRRAAH
Just showed him in Philly. God forbid he ruins our fabulous chemistry.

Hey NYCGOBEARS...sure you don't want to train down with me tomorrow to see the mighty, magical, Dodgers??

GO BLUE!!!
NYCGOBEARS
GRRAAH;842153927 said:

Hey NYCGOBEARS...sure you don't want to train down with me tomorrow to see the mighty, magical, Dodgers??
GO BLUE!!!

Second time today a Dodger fan has asked me this. Lol. No, I'm good. Enjoy Philly. I hope that Puig chokes on a cheesesteak. See you Tuesday.
GMP
NYCGOBEARS;842153932 said:

Second time today a Dodger fan has asked me this. Lol. No, I'm good. Enjoy Philly. I hope that Puig chokes on a cheesesteak. See you Tuesday.

Happened to be in DC for 36 hrs for work and got to see Thursday's Giants game. Nice park. Miserable, typical 2013 Giants for 8 innings.... And then a little 2010 magic at the end.
GRRAAH

Oh really? Second time? Glad to hear you keep good company :-)

I can taste that Arnold Palmer!

Cheers
NYCGOBEARS
grandmastapoop;842153934 said:

Happened to be in DC for 36 hrs for work and got to see Thursday's Giants game. Nice park. Miserable, typical 2013 Giants for 8 innings.... And then a little 2010 magic at the end.

Wow! You got to see Hector save the day? Awesome. That park does look nice. Good for you. That was one of the few bright moments in awhile.
GRRAAH
chazzed;842152589 said:

Their hot streak is getting ridiculous, really. The Tigers started off the 1984 season in a similar manner.

So, how about this. 41-8...ties best streak since 1900...yes, 113 years. Enjoy!!
goldenbear2005

You're a freakin idiot.
NYCGOBEARS
goldenbear2005;842154153 said:

You're a freakin idiot.

My friends who are Dodgers fans like me. They also seem to think that despite my love for and loyalty to the Giants, that I am fairly bright. What's your problem and why the name calling?
Intermezzo

Crawford isn't overpaid

You know, it's not a requirement to be unintelligent to be a Dodger fan. You can admit Crawford is way overpaid and still be a fan and enjoy all the success they're having.
Cal_Fan2
goldenbear2005;842154153 said:

You're a freakin idiot.

That was uncalled for.......

bonsallbear
Intermezzo;842154286 said:

You know, it's not a requirement to be unintelligent to be a Dodger fan. You can admit Crawford is way overpaid and still be a fan and enjoy all the success they're having.

More name calling ----- grow up.
Cal Panda Bear
bonsallbear;842154340 said:

More name calling ----- grow up.

He's not really name-calling. More like describing... :beer:

Only two more weeks until we all resume cheering for the same team...:gobears:
SigOtherIsATrojan
Baseball postseason is a crap shoot, the Dodger run may not matter in October.

However, nice to see the battery chuckers have disappeared from Dodger forums and the LA Times, crawling back under the rock they were under for 50 years, until they came out beating their chest recently. I don't begrudge them that, 2 World Series in 3 years is an accomplishment. The fact the Dodgers were owned by a bankrupt fraud probably just added to their glee.

Get used to this. Frank McCourt doesn't work here anymore. The Dodgers are owned by guys with unlimited resources and a desire to be great, plus they're doing things behind the scenes like hiring great baseball people and scouting well.
First Page Last Page
Page 25 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.