Hey Dodgers Fans

996,068 Views | 5504 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by Big C
MisterNoodle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NYCGOBEARS;842179581 said:

World Series champs two of the last three years. Money well spent.

Two-shay, Giants fan. I will now exit this thread. You guys are serious about your baseball!
NYCGOBEARS
MisterNoodle;842179585 said:

Two-shay, Giants fan. I will now exit this thread. You guys are serious about your baseball!

Lol. We are. Your penance is to go find and abuse some Ducks.
CalBear68
NYCGOBEARS;842179587 said:

Lol. We are. Your penance is to go find and abuse some Ducks.

There's one flapping around this board right now!
NYCGOBEARS
CalBear68;842179589 said:

There's one flapping around this board right now!

Not for too long. A Bear is gonna crunch his ass.
RoseBowlThirsty
NYCGOBEARS;842179581 said:

World Series champs two of the last three years. Money well spent.

Amen to that. :cheer

Are you heading to any games in NY this week? It looked like a nice Giants crowd at the Mets game last night. I imagine there will be a lot of Giants fans at the games at Citi Field and Yankee Stadium over the next 5 days.
NYCGOBEARS
RoseBowlThirsty;842179789 said:

Amen to that. :cheer

Are you heading to any games in NY this week? It looked like a nice Giants crowd at the Mets game last night. I imagine there will be a lot of Giants fans at the games at Citi Field and Yankee Stadium over the next 5 days.

Yes! My wife and I are going to the game at Yankee Stadium on Friday night. We are really excited. We are gonna pull a tOSU on them. God willing, our Bears pull a Giants like turnaround. Remember, it all started with a new stadium.
oski24

SoCalBear323
Hyfr.
liverflukes
ALL DAY...............

sycasey
Congrats Dodgers. Worst of luck in the playoffs.
Don'tDance
86Oski;842157695 said:

Preferring Vin's return for another year to a Dodgers' World Series title? Finally, we've found something on which Dodger fans and Giant fans can agree!

I only care about three things in professional baseball after they canceled a World Series and free agency went hog wild:

1) Vin Scully
2) The Giant's losing
3) The A's, [U]if[/U] they commit to Oakland

I am completely impressed by the die-hard A's fans, I wish I was one.
YuSeeBerkeley
I'm curious what the Giants fans think about the D-Bags whining about the Dodger pool party from yesterday. Was it really as classless as they say, or do you think it's just sour grapes?
86Oski
YuSeeBerkeley;842180933 said:

I'm curious what the Giants fans think about the D-Bags whining about the Dodger pool party from yesterday. Was it really as classless as they say, or do you think it's just sour grapes?

This SF Giants fan thinks the Dodgers pool party was a bit classless, but not that big of a deal. By far the more ridiculous aspect is that the Dbacks have a frickin' pool and hot tub in their ballpark. I think Jon Miller once called it one of the more bizarre affectations he had ever seen in a baseball stadium.
beelzebear
YuSeeBerkeley;842180933 said:

I read that the D-Bags specifically asked the Dodgers *NOT* to celebrate on the field upon hearing they won the NL West. Dodgers obliged and went over the fence to the pool, thus technically honoring the D-bags request.

It wasn't classless because they honored the request. It was sour grapes because D-bags still go a bug up their butt.

Okay, the D-bags have the right to be pissed but you always look like a jerk for pooping a party.
KoreAmBear
beelzebear;842180940 said:

I read that the D-Bags specifically asked the Dodgers *NOT* to celebrate on the field upon hearing they won the NL West. Dodgers obliged and went over the fence to the pool, thus technically honoring the D-bags request.

It wasn't classless because they honored the request. It was sour grapes because D-bags still go a bug up their butt.

Okay, the D-bags have the right to be pissed but you always look like a jerk for pooping a party.

D-bags over the last 2-3 years have been the biggest crybabies in MLB, and that is tough to do as there are so many little unspoken rules in baseball. I think if you chew bubble gum while facing the D-bags' dugout, Miguel Montero will take offense. It's in their player handbook.
GB54
beelzebear;842180940 said:

That's a ridiculous request and shouldn't be honored
KoreAmBear
GB54;842180949 said:

That's a ridiculous request and shouldn't be honored

LOL. Was this written by Kirk Gibson? "Dear Dodgers, please do not shat on our field by celebrating if you clinch. I mean, I always respected the game and never showed anyone up, including the Eck man. Sincerely, Gibby. Thank you for my bobblehead night though."

GRRAAH
Looks like McCain is the one who fell off the deep end! Go Blue
OneTopOneChickenApple
According to the LA Times, the Dbacks:
1 Asked Dodger fans in April who were sitting behind home plate, to change their shirts or move to different seats. Douche move.
2. Then they threw at the heads of Puig and Zack Greinke. Cowardly move.
3. Ask the Dodgers not to celebrate on their field. Petty move.

Besides, the players jumped in the pool after everyone left the stadium.
GB54
OneTopOneChickenApple;842181295 said:

1 Asked Dodger fans in April who were sitting behind home plate, to change their shirts or move to different seats. Douche move.
2. Then they at the heads of Puig and Zack Greinke. Cowardly move.

They should have asked their team to beat the Dodgers
soefeil
Don'tDance;842180789 said:

I only care about three things in professional baseball after they canceled a World Series and free agency went hog wild:

1) Vin Scully
2) The Giant's losing
3) The A's, [U]if[/U] they commit to Oakland

I am completely impressed by the die-hard A's fans, I wish I was one.

No season tickets but I make it to 20+ games a year and 35+ this season. It's been a joy to watch this resurgence.
sycasey
OneTopOneChickenApple;842181295 said:

2. Then they threw at the heads of Puig and Zack Greinke. Cowardly move.

The D-Backs really have a lot of demands for a team that's only 15 years old.
CalBear68
I don't speak for all Giants' fans or the organization, but I'm sure that they would be fine with the Dodgers jumping into McCovey Cove if they clinched the division at AT&T.
KoreAmBear
sycasey;842181372 said:

The D-Backs really have a lot of demands for a team that's only 15 years old.

Ha, and Luis Gonzalez and their fans took offense a while back when Puig wouldn't kiss Luis' World Series ring. I mean who treats roid era Luis Gonzalez with that much honor except in Phoenix? I know he's famous for that clutch bloop hit v. the Yankees. But why he expected to be treated like he's Stan Musial, I can never understand.
SoCalBear323
Quote:

"There's no honor that could be too great for Vin Scully, and I absolutely would love to rename a street for him," Garcetti said. "We'll look at a few around the stadium as a possibility. I know there's been a lot in the Twittersphere, a lot of people tweeting and Facebooking about this."

But the announcer is pooh-poohing the idea.

"The mayor of Los Angeles has a great deal more important things to do than name a street after me,"

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-vin-scully-street-name-mayor-garcetti-20130923,0,7265123.story
beelzebear
Report: Dodgers player boasted of urinating in Diamondbacks pool at Chase Field

Senator John McCain calls the Dodgers 'overpaid, immature, arrogant, spoiled brats' after pool celebration

Brian Wilson responds to McComplain

Any way, the video in the first link says most of it: "if you don't want them celebrating, don't drop 18 games behind in half a season".
HaloBear
Eek: http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Man-Stabbed-to-Death-at-Dodgers-Giants-Game-in-San-Francisco-225332042.html
sycasey
HaloBear;842183545 said:

Eek: http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Man-Stabbed-to-Death-at-Dodgers-Giants-Game-in-San-Francisco-225332042.html

Man, not this s*** again. It's just baseball, people.
BeggarEd
sycasey;842183570 said:

Guy was with his Dad and brother when he got stabbed. So sad and disgusting.
KoreAmBear
sycasey;842183570 said:

Horrible. It's sad when sports turns something this serious and heated. It's a real sad reflection of society. Even on this board we have to step back, and try to get a grip on what we are fighting about sometimes. I really blame the instigators like Jim Rome, who have turned sports into "nations" that go to war. Some idiots riff on this and don't know where the limits are.
MiZery
Response #1000!
GMP
sycasey;842183570 said:

Very sad, but some considerations:

This occurred about an hour and a half after the game ended at 3rd and Harrison, from what I've read. There are a couple bars in that area. While it is probably a safe assumption that the Dodgers/Giants gear kicked off a verbal altercation, it is also a safe assumption that the stabbing had more to do with the verbal altercation between people who had been drinking than a simple random attack based on rival allegiances.

I also read that there was a baseball bat involved, in addition to the weapon that was used in the stabbing - though there is no word about which group had the bat.

This is a sad story, but it has more to do with people being idiots and criminals than it does with baseball or sports fandom.

I'm going to the game tonight - as usual, I will keep my mouth shut with opposing fans.
KoreAmBear
grandmastapoop;842183652 said:

This occurred about an hour and a half after the game ended at 3rd and Harrison, from what I've read. There are a couple bars in that area. While it is probably a safe assumption that the Dodgers/Giants gear kicked off a verbal altercation, it is also a safe assumption that the stabbing had more to do with the verbal altercation between people who had been drinking than a simple random attack based on rival allegiances.

I also read that there was a baseball bat involved, in addition to the weapon that was used in the stabbing - though there is no word about which group had the bat.

This is a sad story, but it has more to do with people being idiots and criminals than it does with baseball or sports fandom.

Yes, but as you said the rivalry (and it is stupid when it comes to something like this) probably triggered the rest of the events, so it cannot be discounted. Fans look for other fans to mock, then it turns into something else. When you mix in drinks, anything can happen. It's very sad.
StillNoStanfurdium
grandmastapoop;842183652 said:

I'm going to the game tonight - as usual, I will keep my mouth shut with opposing fans.

As long as the Stow incident gets viewed through the same lens of people being idiots and criminals and not that Dodger fans are terrible. Cause I hear that from a lot of Giants fans and if the shoe is on the other foot I'd hate to see that flipped.
GMP
StillNoStanfurdium;842183661 said:

As long as the Stow incident gets viewed through the same lens of people being idiots and criminals and not that Dodger fans are terrible. Cause I hear that from a lot of Giants fans and if the shoe is on the other foot I'd hate to see that flipped.

Both sides have terrible fans. There is no doubt about that.

I do think the Stow incident is different - because, from what I know, Stow was attacked basically unprovoked. The story last night was a fight between two groups. I am not remotely absolving the Giants fan who pulled out a knife, but the situations are not quite the same.

Edit: I re-read what you wrote. I think I misread the first time - yes, the Stow incident was because of two idiots and criminals, not because of something inherently terrible about Dodger fans.
First Page Last Page
Page 28 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.