Is Aaron Rodgers washed up?

19,993 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by B.A. Bearacus
Big C
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AXLBear;842733121 said:

I think the girl is bad for him. His play has dropped and she's behind the rift with his family

This. Look, a guy only has a finite amount of energy. Let's say you already have 50 million banked: What are you going to be able to get up for (so to speak), her or the Green Bay Packers?

I can't blame the man. If you can, try walking a mile in his cleats first, then talk.
okaydo
Big C_Cal;842733328 said:

This. Look, a guy only has a finite amount of energy. Let's say you already have 50 million banked: What are you going to be able to get up for (so to speak), her or the Green Bay Packers?

I can't blame the man. If you can, try walking a mile in his cleats first, then talk.

In the first year of their relationship, Rodgers was named NFL MVP and was thisclose to returning to the Super Bowl.

I'm assuming a couple has more sex in the first year of a relationship than in their second and third year.
Big C
okaydo;842733332 said:

In the first year of their relationship, Rodgers was named NFL MVP and was thisclose to returning to the Super Bowl.

I'm assuming a couple has more sex in the first year of a relationship than in their second and third year.

The first year, she told him she was saving it for after she was married.
hanky1
Nothing I've said now or in the past has been inaccurate. And yes I picked him in my draft the past two years and he's been awful. I swear one more bad game and I'm dropping him for Blaine Gabbert.
kaplanfx
okaydo;842733325 said:

She's being blamed on this thread for Rodgers' poor performance.

Haha, I didn't even recognize her.
tommie317
He's not washed up but he is no longer a pro bowl caliber QB
going4roses
Unit2Sucks;842733300 said:

Interesting, so you think hanky1 is starting to lose effectiveness? He hasn't had a good troll thread in over a year, is hanky1 all washed up?

Lol
going4roses
Big C_Cal;842733328 said:

True ... But a women have peculiar effects on men and varies depending on the man.

She may be great for him personally but his work maybe not so much ... It happens

She is beautiful as _____.
Maybe thinking of the rest of his life with her???

He will be ok either way
okaydo
I remember this from 2 years ago:

Sometimes, it's too early to say when an elite career is over.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/09/30/for-tom-brady-end-game-has-become-apparent/HkkQMtH3T6hbJMEDlJioqI/story.html

[video=youtube;lpGSR8Pxbes][/video]

elpbear
Laugh all you want, but there is a big problem in Green Bay. But it's (mostly) not Rodgers, it's Mike McCarthy. The Green Bay offense reminds me a lot of later Jeff Tedford era teams. Some of that is due to talent, but a lot is due to scheme and playcalling. Way too much run on first down, run on second down, and then pass on third and long. Rodgers has bailed out the offense with his ability to move in the pocket, scramble, make tough completions, draw defenses offsides, etc but there's only so much you can do with that.

There's no way an offense as talented as Green Bay should score 14 points in that Minnesota game. Some of that is on Rodgers, but most of that is on McCarthy, in my opinion.
pierrezo
bearister;842733247 said:

He is getting too much and being sapped of his vital juices and essence.

He needs more purity of essence.
Robocheme
ESPN Insider article basically saying the same thing as Hanky.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/17614273/slump-aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-real-big-change-needed-nfl-2016
vanity
Robocheme;842733505 said:

ESPN Insider article basically saying the same thing as Hanky.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/17614273/slump-aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-real-big-change-needed-nfl-2016

- a decline in YPA suggests breakdowns either with the OL, or the wide receivers getting downfield. similar to what happened to kap when the SF OL went to hell -- he throws a nice deep ball, but without the protection to allow the play to develop, or without WRs that can get downfield and get open and make plays, it is worthless.
bearister
[video][/video]
Robocheme
15/24, 205 yards, 4 Td, 0 int, 129.3 rating
hanky1
Epic decline. epic.
hanky1
I believe some people owe Hanky1 an apology.
hanky1
Will Matt Barkley outplay Rodgers?
okaydo
hanky1;842746994 said:

I believe some people owe Hanky1 an apology.

If Rodgers still stinks it up and never becomes elite again, then we'll apologize.

But it's still too early to say he's "washed up" when other elite (ex-Green Bay Packers) QBs have come back after mid-career slumps.
bencgilmore
rodgers looks fine. he needs some new receivers.
hanky1
You see as soon as I posted this he catches fire. It's like I'm motivating him to play better
MinotStateBeav
hanky1;842747008 said:

You see as soon as I posted this he catches fire. It's like I'm motivating him to play better

Naw, i blame you for the Veggie Diet he's on.
Goobear
MinotStateBeav;842747011 said:

Naw, i blame you for the Veggie Diet he's on.

Not so fast. Not washed up, warming up!
CaliforniaEternal
Janky you jank
tim94501
Watch the packers catch fire and win the nfc
NYCGOBEARS
CaliforniaEternal;842747021 said:

Janky you jank

This. Janky1 on fire. Tire fire.
Bear_Elegance
hanky1;842733083 said:

It's now been a full 16 game slate since Rodgers has played well. He just doesn't look good anymore. Definitely can't say he's the top QB in the League right now. No way top 5. Probably not even top 10. Perhaps top 15. Maybe. Forget his performance 2, 3, or 4 years ago. Look at him in recent games. He's aweful. Last year the excuse was WR. This year it is Oline. Truth is he is in decline. Some guys fall off later than others in their careers. Rodgers just happened to fall off much earlier and much more rapidly than most.

Stupidest thread title ever.

One of the stupidest originating posts for a thread, too. What an obvious troll attempt.
okaydo
No. 1 in TDs
No. 4 in passer rating

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/passingTouchdowns

Also, I may have discovered hanky1's true identity:

chazzed
It's just a matter of time before the Pack releases him.
FloriDreaming
Unit2Sucks;842733300 said:

Interesting, so you think hanky1 is starting to lose effectiveness? He hasn't had a good troll thread in over a year, is hanky1 all washed up?

Yah he and Shockey are dropping the ball. We need some younger blood to troll it up in here or bring back BearsWiin and TrojanWarrior, those guys know troll.
Bear8
Looking at the data, Matt Ryan has about the best record in the League. Pretty similar data to Aaron's, but his QB rating is significantly higher. Goff shouldn't feel too bad losing to a guy like that. Ryan is a star and only going to get better.
tim94501
6bear6;842777537 said:

Looking at the data, Matt Ryan has about the best record in the League. Pretty similar data to Aaron's, but his QB rating is significantly higher. Goff shouldn't feel too bad losing to a guy like that. Ryan is a star and only going to get better.

Ryan has to do something in the playoffs before he's crowned as elite
MakeCalGreatAgain
Rodgers is underachieving and not hitting open guys as often as he needs to, but to say he's washed up is Redonkulous.
elpbear
MakeCalGreatAgain;842777545 said:

Rodgers is underachieving and not hitting open guys as often as he needs to, but to say he's washed up is Redonkulous.
No QB sees all the open guys, but with Green Bay, open guys are few and far between. Sunday was a masterclass in passing, he was dropping balls into tight windows all over the field, and that with an injured calf on his plant leg. Fortunately for Rodgers the pass protection was excellent, so his gimpy leg wasn't really an issue. The Packers should be able to handle the Bears coming up, but when they play the Vikings, who have a pretty fearsome pass rush (unlike Seattle which has been terrible after losing Mebane and Avril [EDIT]: Oops, they still have Avril), he'd better be more mobile or it could be a rough day.

Matt Ryan is talented, but if you take Julio Jones (an absolute stud) away from him, he'd look a bit more pedestrian. AR's never had a talent like that to throw to. Ryan is still having a great year, to be sure.
Beardog26
Julio was taken away from him Sunday and he still lead his offense to 42 points. Of course, the Rams aren't making too many teams or players look pedestrian these days. That said, I agree that Ryan needs to make some noise in the playoffs to be considered for that next level of QB.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.