Possible game cancellation due to Smoke?

14,573 Views | 107 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by pierrezo
Golden One
How long do you want to ignore this user?
At 9:00pm tonight (Thursday) the AQI in the Berkeley area is 106. If it's anywhere near that level tomorrow evening, the game will be played.
panoramicknob
BearChemist said:

BeggarEd said:

BearChemist said:

https://airnow.gov/index.cfm?action=airnow.local_city&zipcode=94704&submit=Go

Do you live in East bay? Have long have you walked outside in total this week? We are talking about student athletes playing football for 3.5 hours and you are playing armchair forecast based on data from Aquatic park and claim it will be fine?

Yes. That "armchair" data from the official stations of the Bay Area Air Quality Management District at baaqmd.gov.

Sorry that they show data from not only Aquatic Park, but East and West Oakland also, as being close to or at "moderate" levels as of the 6 to 7pm hour. It doesnt fit your narrative and you're quite emotional about this it seems.

Maybe the winds change and the smoke is worse tomorrow night and you'll get your wish for no game. But seems like a dumb idea to assume that outcome based on the patterns from afternoon to evening over the last few days
I see then. None of my three questions is answered.
Ahhh, so namaste won't cut it. I my friend, know a guy with some Valium, but he lives in the hills, so you might have to battle a 107 AQI to get it.
sycasey
Golden One said:

At 9:00pm tonight (Thursday) the AQI in the Berkeley area is 106. If it's anywhere near that level tomorrow evening, the game will be played.

I believe the forecast is for better air quality tomorrow (today's AQI high was like 180, tomorrow forecast for something in the 150 range). Still bad, but better. If the evening improvement also holds, should be more than fine by game time.
pierrezo
I would love for this game to be rescheduled so I can take my young daughter and elderly parents as planned.
Letting the athletes play in "unhealthy" conditions is bs.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.