The "I see you through the smokey air" Coogs vs Golden Bears Game Thread

67,898 Views | 760 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PtownBear1
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Piss and moan all you want about Bowers, but he delivers long passes in the bread basket and Bears would have 14 more points if he wasn't getting f'd by his WRs.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Grigsby
Damn
touchdownbears43
Agree....this is is some slop WR play
Yogi58
BearChemist said:

Yogi Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

Yogi Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

student section doesn't even look 1/3 full.
Shouldn't you be boycotting the broadcast?
I have friends who are playing so, yes, i am watching. it entirely disgusts me though. Thanks for asking.
OK, but just know that you are financially supporting Cal's decision to play the game in poor air conditions just as much as you would have if you had attended in person. At least if you'd attended, you could have started some cheers

Next time you criticize people for attending a game you don't think should be played, stand by your principles. Or just don't criticize them in the first place.
Remind me when Ken criticized people attending this game?
https://bearinsider.com/forums/2/topics/76236/replies/1410467
TheFiatLux
Yogi Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

Yogi Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

I have friends who are playing so, yes, i am watching. it entirely disgusts me though. Thanks for asking.
OK, but just know that you are financially supporting Cal's decision to play the game in poor air conditions just as much as you would have if you had attended in person. At least if you'd attended, you could have started some cheers

Next time you criticize people for attending a game you don't think should be played, stand by your principles. Or just don't criticize them in the first place.
OFF I am in no way doing that. This game is on. In a hotel. In Manhattan. My watching has ZERO impact on either the ratings or the image presented.

BTW, even though i have business here, through the weekend, I would have normally flown back for the game, then back on a red eye for my meetings tomorrow and Sunday. So yeah, I am standing by my principles.
BearSD
Ineligible man downfield was a cheap call, but the correct call. He was more than 3 yards ahead of the line of scrimmage.
tim94501
Bowers deserved better from the supporting cast their he was ****in money that drive
socaltownie
****ty call. Offensive man on the ground (after getting thrown to it) and downfield? Come ON!!!
metabear
Offense looked sharper despite not converting.
oursdor
MoragaBear said:

Quote:

um, yeah bro, that looks pretty empty.

Ask anyone on the west side looking at it, it's over half full, bro. And thats a lot more full than most of the stadium.
CMS is ON CAMPUS. It's a Friday night. The conditions suck but the student turnout is objectively awful.
BearChemist
Yogi Bear said:

BearChemist said:

Yogi Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

Yogi Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

Dude, one of us must have reading issue.
LunchTime
I hope that ref has something extremely annoying or a mild catastrophe happen to him this week. Like a flat tire with a flat spare outside of cell service.
FloriDreaming
bearister said:

Piss and moan all you want about Bowers, but he delivers long passes in the bread basket and Bears would have 14 more points if he wasn't getting f'd by his WRs.

I know this seems like a quibble but the reason some QBs have fewer dropped passes than others is placement ant touch. Bowers' throws have zero touch, he just heaves it in there.
TheFiatLux
Yogi Bear said:

BearChemist said:

Yogi Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

Yogi Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

LOL! a completely obtuse reference i was making to my friend with whom I had just been emailing. You're really stretching.
Grigsby
Doh face mask
Grigsby
Dumb penalty
BearSD
Oh, man, that's a boneheaded face mask. Can't do that when you have 'em stopped on 3rd down.
BerlinerBaer
Take it to another thread, gentlemen.
oursdor
TheFiatLux said:

OFF I am in no way doing that. This game is on. In a hotel. In Manhattan. My watching has ZERO impact on either the ratings or the image presented.

BTW, even though i have business here, through the weekend, I would have normally flown back for the game, then back on a red eye for my meetings tomorrow and Sunday. So yeah, I am standing by my principles.

why no Australian Xul?
Grigsby
That penalty really screwed things
MB Cal Golf
The face mask penalty is proving costly. Would have been a punt.
BearSD
Grigsby said:

That penalty really screwed things
Yup. The face mask penalty was essentially a turnover.
Yogi58
Yeah, that was unfortunate
TheFiatLux
oursdor said:

TheFiatLux said:

why no Australian Xul?
HOnestly, I have homework to do (seriously, homework, Etruscan history midterm on Tuesday) and i also am in no mood to "celebrate" this game. Sorry, if you're in NYC let's grab a drink tomorrow with some other Cal folks i am meeting!
bearsandgiants
WSU just keeps coming, and we don't. This won't last if we don't score more.

But I LOVE this defense.
Grigsby
Bynum pick #2!
Yogi58
Can't say enough about what the defense is doing tonight!
PalyBear
Yes!!!!!! Our D Rules!!!!!
calgldnbear
DEFENSE!!!!!

Bynum
MB Cal Golf
Great Pick!!!! Bynum again
BearSD
Wow. Bynum with his second INT of the game.

Falk is not right tonight.
m2bear
oh my.... Bynum
KenBurnski
Can you and the other dude continue this in private please.
Kovy
BYNUM
calumnus
Go Bears!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.