Wilner's coaching hot seat rating

4,207 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by DiabloWags
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Until Fox beats Wyking's school record of 16 losses in a row, I'd say we're good to go.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
PtownBear1
Well he did break Wyking's school record for most conference losses. And I think he has a solid shot to set a new record for both conference and total losses this coming season.
calumnus
PtownBear1 said:

Well he did break Wyking's school record for most conference losses. And I think he has a solid shot to set a new record for both conference and total losses this coming season.

His Cal record 17 conference losses in his second season will probably not be broken no matter how bad it gets, but we played 20 conference games that year.

However, his 15 conference losses this last season matched Jones' 2nd year. I don't think we will be improved this year, so matching Jones' first year 16 conference losses in his 4th year is entirely possible.

Our points scored per game this past season was 63.1 the lowest for a Cal team since the introduction of the shot clock and the 3 pt shot. We may break that record this year. We were #338 of 358 in ppg.

stu
calumnus said:

... Our points scored per game this past season 6.3 ppg was the lowest for a Cal team since the introduction of the shot clock and the 3 pt shot. We may break that record this year. We were #338 of 358 in ppg.
That's the 2022-23 goal. In 2021-22 we actually scored an unreasonably high 63.1 ppg.
DiabloWags
CALiforniALUM said:

KoreAmBear said:

stu said:

I wonder how many more years we'll hear the pandemic excuse.
Until the next pandemic.

Monkey Pox is here. New day, new excuse.
Multiple traces of monkeypox detected in Bay Area wastewater, officials say; more vaccines on the way - ABC7 San Francisco (abc7news.com)
BearSD
calumnus said:

Big C said:

HearstMining said:

DiabloWags said:

Golden One said:

HearstMining said:

Fox may not find an Ivy League job, but there are hundreds of D-1 and D-2 schools out there, many of which don't aspire to basketball greatness, that would almost certainly hire him.
You've just perfectly described Cal.

Bingo.

Yeah, I thought about parenthetically specifying Cal but resisted the urge.

".500! It's aspirational!" is about as catchy as "Invest and attack!"

Yeah, aiming for .500 (ie mediocrity) by hiring a confirmed .500 coach is just so Knowlton.
Aiming for .500 and falling well short of that. Does anyone here think that Fox's team will be 10-10 in conference next season?
Big C
DiabloWags said:

CALiforniALUM said:

KoreAmBear said:

stu said:

Until the next pandemic.

Multiple traces of monkeypox detected in Bay Area wastewater, officials say; more vaccines on the way - ABC7 San Francisco (abc7news.com)

How can any Cal coach be expected to succeed in the middle of a monkeypox crisis? I'd say it's time to give them all another extra one-year extension. Wilcox, Fox, McKeever, all of them...
PtownBear1
Big C said:

DiabloWags said:

CALiforniALUM said:

KoreAmBear said:

stu said:

Until the next pandemic.

How can any Cal coach be expected to succeed in the middle of a monkeypox crisis? I'd say it's time to give them all another extra one-year extension. Wilcox, Fox, McKeever, all of them...
Lol. We joke, but Knowlton probably already has the extensions drafted...
calumnus
PtownBear1 said:

Big C said:

DiabloWags said:

CALiforniALUM said:

KoreAmBear said:

stu said:

Until the next pandemic.

We will probably hear a lot more about lack of a practice facility, Celestine's injury and how young and inexperienced our team is.
Big C
PtownBear1 said:

Big C said:

DiabloWags said:

CALiforniALUM said:

KoreAmBear said:

stu said:

Until the next pandemic.

Yeah, oftentimes, if a remark is funny, it's because it came dangerously close to the truth.
DiabloWags
PtownBear1 said:

We joke, but Knowlton probably already has the extensions drafted...

Heard he could be extended 4 more years out to 2033 due to Monkey Fox.
BearSD
DiabloWags said:

PtownBear1 said:

We joke, but Knowlton probably already has the extensions drafted...

Heard he could be extended 4 more years out to 2033 due to Monkey Fox.

MonkeyFox is a serious disease. It has put Cal's entire men's basketball program in the ICU.
calumnus
Looks like maybe Fox doesn't even have to get fired from Cal to be coaching a non-power conference team.
eastcoastcal
calumnus said:

Looks like maybe Fox doesn't even have to get fired from Cal to be coaching a non-power conference team.
Maybe this was the plan along. We were ahead of our time! Act like a non-power conference team until you are literally in a non-power conference. BRILLIANT
Econ141
eastcoastcal said:

calumnus said:

Maybe this was the plan along. We were ahead of our time! Act like a non-power conference team until you are literally in a non-power conference. BRILLIANT

I am much more accepting of Fox as our coach now thanks to today's events. Cal just became irrelevant in college sports so now I feel we just got what we deserve.
calumnus
fat_slice said:

eastcoastcal said:

calumnus said:

I am much more accepting of Fox as our coach now thanks to today's events. Cal just became irrelevant in college sports so now I feel we just got what we deserve.

If our ship goes down with Knowlton at the helm, Fox and McKeever et al will just be a symptom of the incompetence that doomed us, not the cause.
DiabloWags
eastcoastcal said:

calumnus said:

This ^^^
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.