monster ajay mitchell

20,444 Views | 177 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Shocky1
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?

do you believe in the magic of cal football & basketball???

sam jackson v is a believer, **** the opinions & the logistics...is ajay mitchell a believer too?

the day the monster (walking onto the court wearing the cal lid clapping his hands at the 10 second mark in this video) sat courtside (next to the incandescent roberta martin and her sons chance & joshua) at the epicenter of basketball madison square garden (or as the jubilant bird puts it, "the gardenu") beating the nationally ranked wolves of wall street hometown crowd syracuse orangemen against all odds & beating the statistics

yeah farleigh dickinson is yet again conclusive proof that the heart understands things than the mind cannot begin to comprehend, excuses are for losers

let's ******* go (we attack)#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the ******* world & planet earth
Shocky1
Quote:

I want Pasternak with Theo and another former Bear on staff. Let's bring back our stud players and get this program going!
I want Theo in living rooms recruiting and selling as the top assistant.

89, theo robertson would be a valuable addition to the staff for recruiting & shooting mechanics/mindset development but he' will not be the top associate head coach target. when interviewed..the only major area of improvement in ajay mitchell's game is his perimeter shooting (3 pointers), robertson can help him get to the next level

theo is working for the pac 12 network right now along with serving as a liaison to the big c society, he told me this week that he is 100% eligible for reemployment in berkeley

rodney brown=the next alan crabbe sharpshooter in berkeley
Shocky1
fun times on the gauchos board:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/ucsbgauchos/cal-job-video-footage-of-pasternick-yesterday-on-t-t25902.html

stu
Shocky1 said:

fun times on the gauchos board:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/ucsbgauchos/cal-job-video-footage-of-pasternick-yesterday-on-t-t25902.html
You know it's SoCal when half of the comments are about what cars people drive.

On the positive side they want to keep their coach.

"Once-promising coaches end up in the graveyard of coaches."

Hmmm - Montgomery retired, Martin was umasked at Mizzou, and the last two were DOA.
Shocky1
ncca money talk: each pac 12 victory is worth a "unit" or approximately $350,000 per win to the conference which is then split 12 ways...ucla is the only potential unit earner left in the big dance for the pac 12
Shocky1

2023 california golden bears transfer portal update:

haas biz ad grad joel brown & sociology major grad kuany kuany are officially in the transfer portal and teammate joel hyder will not be playing for the bears next season

but no official decision yet from the pride of krefeld germany 7'1" 260 lbs lars thiemann, this is why the head coach decision needs to be made in the next couple of days

most casual fans fail to appreciate that thru hundreds of hours of disciplined practice to improve his shooting mechanics that lars improved from 48.7% his freshman year to 74.1% this season on free throws which is truly outstanding for a 5...honestly think similar improvement will happen next season with his post scoring around the bucket with better coaching & ajay mitchell dishing dimes (instead of the nickels thiemann got this season) & develop into a consistent 15+ points per game standout if he opts to stay in berkeley for his final season

it should not come as a surprise to anyone that lars had the greatest game of his career against them university of texas arlington mavericks (see video above) with 17 points on a lethal 8 of 10 field goals for 17 points & only 1 turnover which coincided with the monster's appearance with his daughter taylor on december 21st marking his only visit to his palace during the last 6 years

yeah shocky from his old floor seats provided the necessary very loud verbal instructions to lars only feet away to "demand the ball, lars, demand the ball" and "don't dribble, lars, no dribbling" along with "let's do this, lars, let's ******* go" which wuz witnessed 1st hand by a kinda embarazzed mike saffell & marshall cherrington

anyways with the monster potentially returning to haas next season if joe pasternack is the next head coach it makes a lotta sense for lars checking with his former friend/teammate andre kelly re: what's it like playing with elite facilitator ajay mitchell & for a fiery player's coach...if lars can assert himself more in imposing his will against much smaller pac 12 posts & work on catching passes (soft hands, baby) he could be a major force in berkeley next season as the starting center

i tole taylor in the car after the fun victory on our way to san francisco for dinner at fino ristorante with future son in law brendan glapion (staring salary out of boalt law, $200k+) that the highlite of the afternoon for me wuz seeing the 100% surprised (what's he doing here?) look on lars face when doing the solo stormin' the floor ended up with me fist bumping him with props in the postgame opponent walk thru line while his teammates looked on in bewilderment

this **** is getting live, yeah me & lars r everyone's favorite germans (well ok, maybe not the con artist)

fordere den ball, lars, fordere den ball, lass un gehen

https://instagr.am/p/Cc0cnSQsXXo
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CJToAWfleUL

the clock starts ticking the moment the athletic director and joe pasternack start interviewing each other this morning, their chances of solving the case of the missing cal basketball program is cut in half if they don't come to agreement in the 1st 48 hours which means the bears will start a walk on at point guard next season instead of elite facilitator ajay mitchell and lose 20+ games again next season in an empty haas
6956bear
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/CJToAWfleUL

the clock starts ticking the moment the athletic director and joe pasternack start interviewing each other this morning, their chances of solving the case of the missing cal basketball program is cut in half if they don't come to agreement in the 1st 48 hours which means the bears will start a walk on at point guard next season instead of elite facilitator ajay mitchell and lose 20+ games again next season in an empty haas
It is fine to want Pasternack and hopefully he would bring Mitchell with him. But you do not know what some other coach may be able to find for PG in the transfer portal. Would that player be as strong as Mitchell? Who knows. But I agree likely not.

I like Pasternack and do believe he may be able to good things at Cal and maybe sooner than some others, but I am not sold that he is the ONLY HC that could turn this around.

Pasternack is likely the leader in the clubhouse in this search. Cal could do worse. The bigger question is can Cal do better. I fully expect you to call me a dumb azz and tell me why Joe is the ONE. But I think Cal at times gets stuck in this gotta understand Cal stuff. Cal is no doubt a tough job but not an impossible one. Lets hire the best coach. If that is Joe then so be it. I am just not sure that is the case.

Wilcox understood Cal. He has been brilliant hasn't he. Lets hire the best guy, not just the guy that "understands" Cal. I am not against Pasternack BTW, just think there are others that merit strong consideration and I hope they are given strong consideration.

Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/B8FaO5vHD-f
6956, ur not a dumb azz, it is also true that shocky is not a dumb azz either now that he know how to use bold print cuz its fun

the reality is that thx to the negative forces that have almost destroyed the magic of cal basketrball, the program is at an existential point after a 3-29 season & the few remaining season tix holders/donors almost ready to throw in the towel which means the program is at a breaking point particularly with markeisha everett's failed leadership in not offering free tixs to students like san diego state which is investing in the future (a hardcore fan base)

so the bears need to win next season, can we agree upon that?

if the bears start a walk on at point guard they will lose 25+ games

if the bears start devin askew at point guard they will lose 20+ games...askew got innate scoring skills but distributing don't come naturally to him, he will flourish next season in berkeley with a 100% healthy body (needs to become more bouncy & quick twitch, he moved last season kinda like a granite statue on valium) as a starter at the 2 with a 15+ ppg, there's a reason coach cal recruited him to kentucky outta high school

and no there are/will be zero point guards they got even half the 1 skills of ajay mitchell...he made 20+ passes yesterday in to tight windows, it wuz absolutely unreal...ajay got 2 years of remaining eligibility, as bad as the record wuz last season this is not a total rebuild so a winning record & maybe the magic of cal basketball will shine brite in a couple of months from now when the 2023/2024 season tips off

so joe pasternack is the best opportunity to win right now, not in a couple of years from now

very impressed with amir abdur rahim, he's articulate, passionate & proven himself with his remarkable turnaround at kennesaw state...my questions to amir would include his strategy at point guard for the upcoming season & also aau/west coast recruiting connections?...does he got a relationship with ryan silver to ensure the commitments of sharpshooter rodney brown & devin curtis?...will be bring jabri abdur rahim (moms dee grew up in oakland/berkeley grad) to the bay?

https://instagr.am/p/CnxXL5tPffO
amir would bring energy back to the cal basketball program, shareef would finally be invested in the program as would my yoga buddy jaylen brown whose next contract will be the nba max $290,000,000+...raising nil & practice facility dollars would be a real thing

can u imagine jaylen brown calling up a high school mcdonalds all american with a strong gpa & telling him why berkeley is the best place to build ur brand as an intellectual & also do u wanna be nil endorsed by me for my new clothing line 7uiceshops.com?

https://instagr.am/p/CpyhrAQMeWd
anybody else would just be the con artist being the con artist

6956 is not a dumb azz#
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/Cg5KTshOlMl
at 6'8" 210 lbs the shooting guard nightmare mismatch with length & 38.7% 3 point shooting jabri abdur rahim would need a ncca exception (which are quite common these days in their efforts to not control movement) to play in berkeley with 2 years of remaining eligiblity

plus jabri got good hair

chief nocahoma fell in the cali sun#
Shocky1
100% disagree calfanz, at 7'1" 260 lbs with a soft shooting touch around the basket & a very good free throw shooter along with a team 1st attitude the best basketball for lars thielmann is all in front of him with much better coaching (less dribbling, pass catching drills, improved post interior footwork & better defensive awareness of passing lanes) if he opts to stay in berkeley & play for the new coach (playing professionally back home is a legit option)...the monster thinks he got thurminator upside

nd okafor gotta lotta upside too but do you really want him playing 30+ minutes per game next season backed up by skinny as **** devin curtis who must become invested in the nutrition/s&c program with intensity starting day 1 during cal's summer bridge...while on the field at memorial stadium during pregame checking on cal's monster offensive line, stood close to devin & his moms talking to the former basketball staff which wuz kinda awkwardly tryna make conversations, his reported weight is not even close to accurate

yeah lars just needs more gameday floor seat mentoring from his favorite fellow german to tap into his inner thurminator, then he won't be so surprised when the monster greets him in the walk thru line after stormin' the floor after epic cal basketball victories, this **** real or something

would be kinda helpful if hoop dreams would quit just standing around clapping & beached bear would quit daydreaming with his hands in his pockets & help out with the lars development/coaching plan on gamedays

but most of all it would make a world of difference if lars wuz on the receiving end of perfectly thrown dimes for short range finishes around the bucket from from truly elite facilitator/distributor ajay mitchell

https://instagr.am/p/Cm4nv1MP6Tg
demand the ball, lars, demand the ball (shocky's pet project now that young ivee not in the haas)#
Shocky1
Quote:

Shocky, tell us why Joe versus the other alleged candidates: Johnson, Terry, Abdur Rahim, Michelson, and I guess Madsen as well?

(noticed from your last post your starting).

Also, I assume Joe may get a look by more schools than Cal. Why does he choose to work for JK?
wifey, 100% respect your major contribution to the cal's men golf team & a major force in the successful recruitment of desean jackson (and his moms), my take on the basketball candidates you cited is as follows:

stan johnson: my golf buddy mr sun angel from silverleaf tells me that johnson is an effective recruiter, he wuz primarily responsible for bringing markus howard to tempe while an assistant coach...at 43 years old he's the right age but he's never coached anywhere with high gpa academic requirements & his lack of any berkeley connections means he would not hit the ground running for a failing program that wuz 3-29 last season

rodney terry: a 54 year old with zero berkeley connections, no way

amir abdur rahim: my 2nd favorite choice & only other seriously worthwhile candidate...the 42 year old would be mentored & able to utilize the shaeef numerous professional connections to build out his staff with a nba vibe which would be cool...the real wild card is can he sell jaylen brown as the face of cal basketball recruiting via nil endorsements for 7uice?...if so, this could be potentially a monster hire in the college basketball world...but at the end of the day amir's lack of west coast recruiting connections & the necessity of an impact point guard for next season make him the #2 choice...reality is that steve kerr could be hired & this team would still lose 20+ games next season without an elite facilitator/distributor at the 1 (modern college basketball is dominated by point guards with the ball in their hands)

brian michelson: yeah let's hire a white guy (90%+ of the playing rotations for nationally ranked teams are comprised of black student athletes) whose only experiences in life are the lily white jesuit high school in portland, drake university in non diverse des moines & playing/coaching at gonzaga with the whitest student population on planet earth to the #1 ranked publicly diverse university in the world, what could possibly go wrong?

mark madsen: a white guy whose dream job is to be the head basketball coach in palo alto

joe pasternack: your right joe gotta lotta national interest right now from more savvy athletic directors but his wife lindsay has already made the mental move back home to the bay so unless he wanna live by himself in a condo by the sandpiper golf course he's gonna accept any offer from knowlton very quickly...basketball wives very often call the shots, cal's basketball future wuz dismantled when roberta martin wuz done with cal after her 3.67 gpa son joshua wuz not cleared off the waiting list by berkeley admissions (who accepted the white/lower gpa quinn tedford back in the day) & matriculated at purdue...plus joe tole me cal is his dream job which has been confirmed to me by multiple impeccable sources that are very close to him & in a position to know his personal dreams in life

and working for knowlton is not an issue/problem for pastrnack, chancellor christ has issued a vote of no confidence (which you & i have privately discussed) for her athletic director & is currently working to terminate his thru 2029 contract with an annual salary of $1,300,000+ pending the results of the already iniated investigation of his & his fellow worthless bureaucrat jennifer simon-o'neil potential cover up of the suicidal swimmers complaints re: the evil as **** mckeever that the con artist praised & significantly lavished with increased financial compensation

the con artist (who unfortunately is not interviewed by this fan site) never created any expectations that the last coach sell tickets or create any energy around the program & the lazy azz fox who wuz not respected by the players wuz more than happy just to collect his $1,900,000+ salary & get extended in his final job before retirement...pasternack will embrace fans & donors alike as this program strives to sell out haas like wuz the case during the cal's monster class era with the unaffordability of family tixs to the golden state warriors...students should be offered free tixs to haas & new bay area fans particularly those without any berkeley affiliations need to be welcomed into an inclusive tent to celebrate the magic of cal basketball

pasternack is uniquely qualified among the candidates as the only one with actual working experience with berkeley admissions & also trusted relationships with some of cal basketball largest donors which is critical for the construction of a basketball only practice facility in the parking lot north of haas (and not the con artist's failed fundraising for his $125,000,000+ quidditch all sports facility which is never gonna get built)

during the recruitment of sami elaraky i got to know former bears walk on & city college of san francisco head coach justin labagh...we were once standing against the gym wall prior to one of the rams game & i asked him what wuz the secret sauce to him being the winningest coach in the history of college basketball (87% winning record, multiple state of california championships)...justin's answer has resonated with me thru the years, "you win games during the summer"...translation: recruiting results from april thru august are what win games, teams with more talent win most of the time in today's college basketball game

so at the end of the day the most important skillset of the next california golden bears leader is the ability to assemble an effective recruiting team (hiring staff & channeling social media) that is 100% focused on recruiting 24/7/35...pasternack is miles ahead of the other candidates with his west coast recruiting ties at both the aau & high school levels...cal's 2023 recruiting class of sharpshooter (better shooter than anybody currently in the program, alan crabbe is the cal player comparison) rodney brown & bouncy post devin curtis will be at risk per their aau coach ryan silver if pasternack is not the head coach, they need to be locked down during the next week

but the real wildcard is elite facilitator/distributor and all big west player of the year ajay mitchell whose ability to pass into tight windows is ******* unreal...mark my words, without ajay the bears will lose 20+ games next season...bet

wifey, this really isn't that complicated, it's really just a question of whether or not the con artist is gonna be obstinate or something
oskidunker
Shocky1 said:

Quote:

Shocky, tell us why Joe versus the other alleged candidates: Johnson, Terry, Abdur Rahim, Michelson, and I guess Madsen as well?

Also, I assume Joe may get a look by more schools than Cal. Why does he choose to work for JK?
wifey, 100% respect your major contribution to the cal's men golf team & a major force in the successful recruitment of desean jackson (and his moms), my take on the basketball candidates you cited is as follows:

stan johnson: my golf buddy mr sun angel from silverleaf tells me that johnson is an effective recruiter, he wuz primarily responsible for bringing markus howard to tempe while an assistant coach...at 43 years old he's the right age but he's never coached anywhere with high gpa academic requirements & his lack of any berkeley connections means he would not hit the ground running for a failing program that wuz 3-29 last season

amir abdur rahim: my 2nd favorite choice & only other seriously worthwhile candidate...the 42 year old would be mentored & able to utilize the shaeef numerous professional connections to build out his staff with a nba vibe which would be cool...the real wild card is can he sell jaylen brown as the face of cal basketball recruiting via nil endorsements for 7uice?...if so, this could be potentially a monster hire in the college basketball world...but at the end of the day amir's lack of west coast recruiting connections & the necessity of an impact point guard for next season make him the #2 choice...reality is that steve kerr could be hired & this team would still lose 20+ games next season without an elite facilitator/distributor at the 1 (modern college basketball is dominated by point guards with the ball in their hands)

brian michelson: yeah let's hire a white guy (90%+ of the playing rotations for nationally ranked teams are comprised of black student athletes) whose only experiences in life are the lily white jesuit high school in portland, drake university in non diverse des moines & playing/coaching at gonzaga with the whitest student population on planet earth to the #1 ranked publicly diverse university in the world, what could possibly go wrong?

mark madsen: a white guy whose dream job is to be the head basketball coach in palo alto

joe pasternack: your right joe gotta lotta national interest right now from more savvy athletic directors but his wife lindsay has already made the mental move back home to the bay so unless he wanna live by himself in a condo by the sandpiper golf course he's gonna accept any offer from knowlton very quickly...basketball wives very often call the shots, cal's basketball future wuz dismantled when roberta martin wuz done with cal after her 3.67 gpa son joshua wuz not cleared off the waiting list by berkeley admissions (who accepted the white/lower gpa quinn tedford back in the day) & matriculated at purdue...plus joe tole me cal is his dream job which has been confirmed to me by multiple impeccable sources that are very close to him & in a position to know his personal dreams in life

and working for knowlton is not an issue/problem for pastrnack, chancellor christ has issued a vote of no confidence (which you & i have privately discussed) for her athletic director & is currently working to terminate his thru 2029 contract with an annual salary of $1,300,000+ pending the results of the already iniated investigation of his & his fellow worthless bureaucrat jennifer simon-o'neil potential cover up of the suicidal swimmers complaints re: the evil as **** mckeever that the con artist praised & significantly lavished with increased financial compensation

the con artist (who unfortunately is not interviewed by this fan site) never created any expectations that the last coach sell tickets or create any energy around the program & the lazy azz fox who wuz not respected by the players wuz more than happy just to collect his $1,900,000+ salary & get extended in his final job before retirement...pasternack will embrace fans & donors alike as this program strives to sell out haas like wuz the case during the cal's monster class era with the unaffordability of family tixs to the golden state warriors...students should be offered free tixs to haas & new bay area fans particularly those without any berkeley affiliations need to be welcomed into an inclusive tent to celebrate the magic of cal basketball

pasternack is uniquely qualified among the candidates as the only one with actual working experience with berkeley admissions & also trusted relationships with some of cal basketball largest donors which is critical for the construction of a basketball only practice facility in the parking lot north of haas (and not the con artist's failed fundraising for his $125,000,000+ quidditch all sports facility which is never gonna get built)

during the recruitment of sami elaraky i got to know former bears walk on & city college of san francisco head coach justin labagh...we were once standing against the gym wall prior to one of the rams game & i asked him what wuz the secret sauce to him being the winningest coach in the history of college basketball (87% winning record, multiple state of california championships)...justin's answer has resonated with me thru the years, "you win games during the summer"...translation: recruiting results from april thru august are what win games, teams with more talent win most of the time in today's college basketball game

so at the end of the day the most important skillset of the next california golden bears leader is the ability to assemble an effective recruiting team (hiring staff & channeling social media) that is 100% focused on recruiting 24/7/35...pasternack is miles ahead of the other candidates with his west coast recruiting ties at both the aau & high school levels...cal's 2023 recruiting class of sharpshooter (better shooter than anybody currently in the program, alan crabbe is the cal player comparison) rodney brown & bouncy post devin curtis will be at risk per their aau coach ryan silver if pasternack is not the head coach, they need to be locked down during the next week

but the real wildcard is elite facilitator/distributor and all big west player of the year ajay mitchell whose ability to pass into tight windows is ******* unreal...mark my words, without ajay the bears will lose 20+ games next season...bet

wifey, this really isn't that complicated, it's really just a question of whether or not the con artist is gonna be obstinate or something
Lars has bad hands. Whenever anyone throws him a bullet he loses it. AJ can get it to him but unless its a soft pass that he is waiting for he wont catch it. Not a Lars fan. Prefer Okafor. Much stronger, better hands and better rebounder. That being said, I guess wecan use the depth.
Go Bears!
Shocky1

eric musselman would be a terrible fit in berkeley & he knows it

yanni hufnagel tole me that after a close nevada loss due to missed fts he assembled the assistant coaches in the postgame locker room & wuz screaming at them that they better get those piece of **** players to the practice facility the next morning at 7:00 am for a couple of hours of free throw shooting, if a player didn't show up he would be cut or benched

yanni said he politely pointed out that multiple guys had mandatory classes & musselman said "i don't give a **** what they got going on, they'd better be there in the morning" before stormin' out

yeah the muscleman would be one of the worst coaches possible at the #1 ranked public university in the world
Shocky1

luv this guy, he got no sources except the monster & then he adds his own twist on things

yeah let's bring in 2.5 gpa ballers & then ball out at the #1 ranked public university in the world that flunks out dumb azzs

coaching changes twitter guy is not a harvard grad

Chapman_is_Gone

Shockey repeatedly demonstrating that he is a ****ing racist.
BeachedBear
I have loads of respect for local coaching legend Lou Richie. Haven't spoken to him in a while, but I'd love to hear his thoughts on these candidates.
parentswerebears
Your statement shows me that you have never met Shocky.
Shocky1
BeachedBear said:

I have loads of respect for local coaching legend Lou Richie. Haven't spoken to him in a while, but I'd love to hear his thoughts on these candidates.
beached, with 2 guys on the current roster lou gotta be publicly neutral but he is friends with joe pasternack

richie should definitely be considered by the next head coach for a life/academic mentor role on the staff & utilize his extensive california high school coaching relationships to facilitate the bounce back of transfer portal guys who never considered the last 2 head coaches in berkeley
Cabin14
Lars has undoubtedly improved since he stepped on campus but his poor hands and limited-to-non-existent offensive repertoire make him a poor fit in any role in a major conference other than a backup center that gives you 7-9 spot minutes. Think Kenyon Jones...

Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/Coit1B8vV_W
think (with good coaching) the thurminator...
Chapman_is_Gone
parentswerebears said:

Your statement shows me that you have never met Shocky.

Oh, but I have.
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

luv this guy, he got no sources except the monster & then he adds his own twist on things

yeah let's bring in 2.5 gpa ballers & then ball out at the #1 ranked public university in the world that flunks out dumb azzs

coaching changes twitter guy is not a harvard grad

ruh roh looks like mr non harvard got his feelings hurt or something by the monster
parentswerebears
Cool. Different experiences for us, then. Too bad.
Big C
BeachedBear said:

If you connect with Coach Richie and there's a lull in the conversation, ask him about Roberson's jump shot mechanics and if he ever tried to fix it. Then, please report back because I've been wondering...
ducky23
Shocky1 said:

Quote:

Methinks shocky cares more about next year than the next 10 years
stu
ducky23 said:

Methinks shocky cares more about next year than the next 10 years
What's best for next year could also be best for the next 10 years. Or almost the best for the next 10 years. I wouldn't hire a coach based only on a particular player coming along but I don't see a convincing argument that any other candidate has significantly better upside than JP.
dan1997
Pasternack is not only the safe hire, but also has the best track record among the rumored candidates and has as big an upside as any. He has been to tournament 2 of the last 3 years, 20+ wins each season but last year because he had 5 games against the bottom teams of Big West cancelled (4 at home) because of Covid. He has won over 70% of his games and has beat high majors for recruits at UCSB, including Cal.

In addition, he is a program builder, which we need. He inherited a 6-win team from Bob Williams and won 23 games his first season, which tied the greatest turnaround in NCAA history. Won a school record 27 games this season.

Stan Johnson is 43-39 in 3 years as head coach and is 5 games below .500 in league play, was not even in post-season this year and has never been to NCAA.

Amir Abdur-Rahim is 45-73 (.381) in 4 seasons at Kennesaw St.

Both are huge risks. Pasternack is the safer hire and has as high a ceiling as any of them.
Shocky1
ducky, cal athletics with knowlton tryna run the 2029 long con game is at an existential financial/fan interest point looking out over the cliff, there may not be cal basketball as we know it know it 10 years from now

if the con artist don't hire joe pasternack/ajay mitchell (who got 2 years of eligibility, the nba draft is not a realistic option unless he develops a perimeter shooting game), the bears will either start at point guard a walk on or a shooting guard who does not naturally distribute/facilitate and this team will struggle to average 50+ points per game with a 95% probability of 20+ losses again playing in front of less than 1,000 fans at haas on some midweek nights

the 2023 recruiting class of rodney brown & devin curtis could be ransacked and there will be just more beachfront timeshare sales brochures from the con artist re: the practice facility

ducky, this really isn't that complicated
udaman1
No offense to @dan1997, but I don't like the word "safe" for a potential new head coach. At this stage, we need a hire with a nuclear explosion warning that comes with him.
stu
udaman1 said:

No offense to @dan1997, but I don't like the word "safe" for a potential new head coach. At this stage, we need a hire with a nuclear explosion warning that comes with him.
I thought Berkeley was a nuclear-free zone.
Shocky1
uda, dan's take is 100% on the money & if/when you meet joe the relentless energy he exudes should come with a warning for the rest of the pac 12
6956bear
There seems to be a certainty from some that Ajay Mitchell will follow Pasternack to Cal if Joe is hired. Is that known or just believed? I think it matters. Part of the reasoning for hiring Pasternack is that he and Mitchell could be a "package deal". At least from some of his supporters here.

ducky23
There also seems to be this certainty that JP is going to automatically start bringing in recruits. What actual evidence do we have for that? His classes at SB seemed pretty whatever. Yes, he recruited well at AZ, but Arizona recruits itself.

Yes I get that he has all of these "west coast ties" and "AAU" ties but when it comes down to it, I feel like recruiting is much more about if the coach can connect to the prospect.

And if chapman wants to call me racist, fine, but just from an outsiders perspective, it seems like having a young charismatic black man as a coach is more advantageous than having some white dude.

Maybe I'm just naive on how recruiting actually works.
stu
ducky23 said:

There also seems to be this certainty that JP is going to automatically start bringing in recruits. What actual evidence do we have for that? His classes at SB seemed pretty whatever. Yes, he recruited well at AZ, but Arizona recruits itself.

Yes I get that he has all of these "west coast ties" and "AAU" ties but when it comes down to it, I feel like recruiting is much more about if the coach can connect to the prospect.

And if chapman wants to call me racist, fine, but just from an outsiders perspective, it seems like having a young charismatic black man as a coach is more advantageous than having some white dude.

Maybe I'm just naive on how recruiting actually works.
I've seen good salespeople of all descriptions and lacking any direct contact with any of the candidates I'll have to wait and see how it works out. That said, it didn't take me long to figure out Fox didn't have it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.