cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,265,965 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[SIZE=5]"McDonald's All-American center [COLOR="#0000CD"]Kristine Anigwe [/COLOR]was a fan favorite, but failed to complete a dunk. She was attempting to become the first girl to win the contest since Candace Parker in 2004.
She enlisted the help of Zimmerman, who threw the ball off the backboard to her in the second round, but her dunk rimmed out"
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Blame her missed dunk on her assist man, Zimmerman[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Perhaps [COLOR="#0000CD"]Ivan Rabb, Caleb Swanigan, [/COLOR]and [COLOR="#0000CD"]Jaylen Brown[/COLOR] should talk to Kristine while they are all in Chicago at the McDonald's All-American games about why she is going to Cal...

“The education is the main thing for me,” she said. “A lot of schools don’t emphasize the education part, getting the good grades, that stuff. I really wanted to get a good degree. Cal had everything I wanted.”

oh, and she will be joining two other McDonald All-Americans in Mikayla Cowling and Gabby Green[/SIZE]
Shocky1
Shocky1;842471845 said:

jaylen brown, a 6'7" 215 lbs wing from wheeler hs in georgia & the #2 ranked player in the 2015 class unofficially & quietly visited the university of california, berkeley this sunday & monday at his own expense...dude's athletic skills are off the charts, if you told me he could fly i would believe you

brown played against bishop o'dowd this season & ivan tried to get him to visit cal along with davon dillard, caleb swanigan & himself for the oregon state senior day weekend...he knows both ivan & caleb from the team usa that won the world championship in dubai

jaylen has taken official visits to kentucky, kansas, michigan, ucla & north carolina along with his unofficial visits to cal, georgia & georgia tech

berkeley, california is truly the midnite city

shine bright#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world & planet earth

"i want to get the most out of college...so i'm thinking schools that can get the most out of me and which schools i can get the most out of them...i took a visit out there...i talked to ivan...that's pretty much the only person i talked to before i went out there...i liked the visit...it's a nice place, berkeley...great education and borderline geniuses at cal berkeley and i think i could fit in...i have a lot of things to think about but cal if definitely on my list'
-jaylen brown to evan daniels
HoopDreams
Ivan's clutch play with 0.8 seconds in OT...

https://twitter.com/i/cards/tfw/v1/582080160746242048?cardname=__entity_video&native=true&earned=true
juarezbear
HoopDreams;842475131 said:

[SIZE=5]"McDonald's All-American center [COLOR="#0000CD"]Kristine Anigwe [/COLOR]was a fan favorite, but failed to complete a dunk. She was attempting to become the first girl to win the contest since Candace Parker in 2004.
She enlisted the help of Zimmerman, who threw the ball off the backboard to her in the second round, but her dunk rimmed out"
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Blame her missed dunk on her assist man, Zimmerman[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Perhaps [COLOR="#0000CD"]Ivan Rabb, Caleb Swanigan, [/COLOR]and [COLOR="#0000CD"]Jaylen Brown[/COLOR] should talk to Kristine while they are all in Chicago at the McDonald's All-American games about why she is going to Cal...

"The education is the main thing for me," she said. "A lot of schools don't emphasize the education part, getting the good grades, that stuff. I really wanted to get a good degree. Cal had everything I wanted."

oh, and she will be joining to other McDonald All-Americans in Mikayla Cowling and Gabby Green[/SIZE]

Maybe two other AAs?
Shocky1
Shocky1;842452257 said:

at halftime of this afternoon's asu game in tempe i introduced myself & congratulated kristine anigwe from mountain pointe high school here in the desert on her selection to the mcdonalds all american team for the game in chicago...anigwe is a huge recruiting coup for head coach lindsay gottlieb's women's basketball program

so i asked kristine if she ever eats mcdonalds & she laughed and said she couldn't remember the last time she ate at mcdonalds

sorry ronald#

sure hope coach g in gonna take kristine to the whole foods on telegraph when she gets to berkeley
Shocky1
Shocky1;842465204 said:

the bears are actively targeting 6'4" 175 lbs 2015 shooting guard tyson jolly from putnam city west hs in oklahoma city...jolly is an active defender with a strong handle & a reliable shooting stroke...dude has a non stop motor

around a year ago last february tyson was rushed to the hospital for what turned out to be blood clots on his lungs & the doc told him he would never play basketball again...yeah, both he & coach martin probably aren't big fans of hospital beds or giving up

tyson is unbreakable both mentally & physically...jolly is arguably the fastest rising senior in the 2015 class with a 20 point & 9 rebounds average and is expected to be rated as a top 100 player in the final class rankings per feedback from eric bossi to a cal staff member

huf is talking to tyson daily & it's expected that he will officially visit cal along with a couple of other colleges on his other quickly expanding schools list after his season is over...tyson is a pretty good student with a 3.1 gpa & is coachable both on & off the court

unlike a lot of elite players that myopically think they are gonna just ball out for 10 minutes in college before heading to the nba, tyson fully understands that basketball can be taken away from you at any point, that your playing days can be over in a blink of an eye injury...boom, you're done playing basketball forever & then you gotta use your education to still reach all your dreams in life

yeah, jolly is the mentally tough kinda guy the cal basketball program is gonna build around & his offer from the staff is an actionable one...tyson's last 12 months have been a real rollercoaster but the gates to his unlimited future are wide open

the university of california, berkeley=#1 public university in the world (including freezing azz oklahoma)

coach martin is gonna visit with tyson jolly re: playing time at the #1 public university in the world in beautiful california in a family atmosphere

yeah, traveling to oklahoma city is kinda glamorous

50 year decision#

tyson is gonna officially visit cal april 10-11th (with a probable special guest appearance by young ivee) & gonzaga the following weekend (if he hasn't already made a commitment somewhere) & has made it clear he's gonna leave oklahoma for college

cal family#

tyson has scheduled a safety dance official visit also to minnesota for may 1-3 with smu & utep also scrambling for a visit

this is probably gonna be a cal vs gonzaga recruiting battle...jolly has got a big city swagger about him, will be interesting to see how he perceives spokane in the middle of nowhere vs the cosmopolitan san francisco bay area along with the huge difference in academic prestige between the 2 schools

*****if tyson is looking for a diverse community with people from different backgrounds at the #1 ranked public university in the world, cal is the right choice
***if tyson is looking for a non diverse more sheltered cold azz college town with easy academics, gonzaga might be the right choice

tyson, are you gonna be limitless mentally?...are you gonna paint a beautiful picture?

don't be a dumb azz#
academic ambition#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842473934 said:

i dunno, kinda looks like sean miller needs to quit eating them glazed donuts for breakfast

tuscon is a dump#

sean miller is cracking under the pressure of expectations from an unhappy fan base for his failure to utilize his elite recruiting talent to actually win big basketball games with a basketball on the basketball court with basketball players

"finally to the people that try to make us feel like our season was a failure...go cheer for asu!#bear down"
-sean miller

jeff goodman is reporting that coach miller keyed the cars of a couple of upset fans in the parking lot of mckale that were protesting the wildcats failure (again) to make the final four

i dunno, sean probably should start developing a yoga practice this week, he's not in a good place either physically or mentally

i
HoopDreams
Bobodeluxe
Shocky1;842475169 said:

sean miller is cracking under the pressure of expectations from an unhappy fan base for his failure to utilize his elite recruiting talent to actually win big basketball games with a basketball on the basketball court with basketball players

"finally to the people that try to make us feel like our season was a failure...go cheer for asu!#bear down"
-sean miller

jeff goodman is reporting that coach miller keyed the cars of a couple of upset fans in the parking lot of mckale that were protesting the wildcats failure (again) to make the final four

i dunno, sean probably should start developing a yoga practice this week, he's not in a good place either physically or mentally

i

Funny thing is, there are a number of Cal fans who castigate the rest of us for "settling".

Not you, Shocky, I admire your positive efforts. The girls, and the golf? Eh.

:gobears:
Shocky1
Shocky1;842471871 said:

not legit at all is espn's jeff goodman, the proud owner of 3 chins & a university of arizona degree, who gets his anti cal info from josh "cheap shot" pasternack in tuscon...goodman should have been pulled off the air for his numerous inaccurate "commentary" re: the cal basketball program during the bears spectacular nationally televised victory vs syracuse at madison square garden & his continued biased commentary since then

i dunno, maybe goodman could actually research college teams other than his wildcats rather than stuffing his face with triple cheeseburgers & a double order of fries along with a diet pepsi at dirtbags on east speedway...from a culinary standpoint, it's no ol' yeller caf, that's for sure

jeff goodman=zero credibility

tuscon is a dump#

jeff goodman is now reporting that the emotionally distraught arizona head coach had the following tense conversation with his pool guy trevor (an arizona grad) this morning at his catalina mountains home (which is at the end of a cul de sac of a mediocre cartball course):

trevor the pool guy: "mr miller, would you like me to sweep the pool steps today?"

sean miller (putting down the 2 glazed with sprinkles donuts he's eating for breakfast along with a zero coke): "what the **** are you talking about?...you think we lose twice to wisconsin and now cal is gonna sweep us next season?...quit ******* with me"

trevor: "mr miller, all i'm saying is..."

sean: "look pal, i'm know exactly what you're saying, do you think i'm ******* stupid?...that cal and that bald azz coach is gonna be the new alpha dog in the pac 12...trust me, i hear exactly what you're saying...if you don't like cleaning my pool, you should get the **** out of here and go clean the pools at asu"

Cal Geek
This definitely is MONSTER CLASS status, Swanigan talking about him, Rabb, and Jaylen Brown at Cal:
Shocky1
Cal Geek;842475320 said:

This definitely is MONSTER CLASS status:

trust me, all them potential diamonds are forever guys are only interested in cal because nicodemus promised us he would hire a yoga instructor for the men's basketball program this offseason...if christopher thinks i'm gonna forget his campaign promise, that's not gonna happen, not at all
Cal Geek
MONSTER CLASS Committment Watch:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4466[/ATTACH]
concordtom
Shocky1;842475310 said:

jeff goodman is now reporting that an emotionally distraught had the following conversation with his pool guy trevor (an arizona grad) this morning at his catalina mountains home (which is at the end of a cul de sac of a mediocre cartball course):

trevor the pool guy: "mr miller, would you like me to sweep the pool steps today?"

sean miller (putting down the 2 glazed with sprinkles donuts he's eating for breakfast along with a zero coke): "what the **** are you talking about?...you think we lose twice to wisconsin and now cal is gonna sweep us next season?...quit ******* with me"

trevor: "mr miller, all i'm saying is..."

sean: "look pal, i'm know exactly what you're saying, do you think i'm ******* stupid?...that cal and that bald azz coach is gonna be the new alpha dog in the pac 12...trust me, i hear exactly what you're saying...if you don't like cleaning my pool, you should get the **** out of here and go clean the pools at asu"

Dude, shut up with the Arizona reports already.
They are SO yesterday's news.
It's hard enough living in the desert. But when global warming kicks in, ya'll are gonna be relocated to Western Oregon and Western Washington so you can get some livable Coastal California weather.
calgldnbear
"Take off that red bikini...!!!!"

Anyone?? Anyone???
Shocky1
Shocky1;842454659 said:

sat tonite at the colorado game in boulder behind the cal bench (thx jj) next to jerry, a childhood friend of coach martin from growing up together in the east st louis housing projects back in the day

jerry told me that coach was a way too tall catcher in junior league baseball & that he would trash talk (but with zero profanity) to the hitters the entire game...young cuonzo would relentlessly say stuff like "this guy got no bat, he's gonna strike out again" to jerry every time he was batting

he also told me that everyone respected & feared coach martin's mom sandra, she raised her kids with love & discipline...jerry told me getting on the wrong side of ms sandra was not a smart move

life lessons#

coach martin>>>sean miller>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>pieces of **** on the sidewalk>>>>>dana altman
Shocky1
young ivee got to meet ronald

if you told me that he's gonna open a ronald mcdonald house in oakland someday, i would believe you

HoopDreams
Ok, if Cal signs Rabb, Swanigan, and Brown we would beat this years Kentucky team RIGHT NOW

You don't believe me? Here is the official source...

McDonald All-American SG Malik Newman...

Here's my team from this year's McDonald's All Americans that would give Kentucky its first loss "Oh we'd get the win; I mean I know they're undefeated....I'd have Zo (Allonzo Trier) at the one, (Antonio) Blakeney at the two, JB (Jaylen Brown) at the three, Caleb (Swanigan) at the four and Ivan (Rabb) at the five. It's gonna be a close game, but we'd win

Shocky1
Shocky1;842474569 said:

you got classes this morning and s&c workouts today, spring break is over pal

today's not some kinda black out day, let's grind, let's do this

don't be a dumb azz#

coach webster putting mathews, bird, domingo & t-wall thru the drills

not sure if he's teaching them that happy dance too
https://instagr.am/p/06MM0_OVwq
Shocky1

fugly#

senior stefan nastic with 17 points, 6 boards, 3 blocks, 2 assists, a steal & 5 little children that he scared the **** out of by smiling at them
HoopDreams

SBNation: “His super quick-twitch athleticism was immediately evident, as was his comfort level finishing with either hand around the rim. He projects as a shot blocker and defensive standout as he matures physically.”

BR: "It’s Rabb who might arguably have the most upside of any power forward or center. At 6’11”, he’s ultra-athletic, light on his feet and an instinctive rebounder. And we’ve seen some decent tough in the mid-range, a developing low-post game and the ability to face up and attack slower bigs with a quick first step."

ScoopHoop: “The post feeds weren’t always there, but when Rabb received the ball, he made the most of it. He played hard, showed nice footwork in the paint, scored with both hands, rebounded and made plays from the high and low post. One of the nation’s top prospects did nothing to discredit his reputation on Monday.”
HoopDreams

ScoopHoop: "Swanigan typically impacts the game with his ability to rebound and make plays around the rim. The 6-foot-9 big man did just that on Monday. He's strong and physical, which helps him since he was somewhat undersized in the post against guys like Rabb, Zimmerman and Jeter. Swanigan has good hands, stick-to-itiveness and is aggressive in the paint."
HoopDreams

SBNation: "Brown had several huge dunks during the session, but one from the middle of practice stood out. He was flying down the court in transition as part of a rotating 5-on-5 drill and elevated to dunk about two steps before any normal player should have. He just kept getting higher and higher -- gliding is the only way to describe it -- and eventually hammered it home. It was a subtle display of athletic brilliance"
NVBear78
Shocky1;842475567 said:

coach webster putting bird, moute a bidias, domingo & t-wall thru the drills

not sure if he's teaching them that happy dance too
https://instagr.am/p/06MM0_OVwq

Is that from pre-season or post-season???
Shocky1
NVBear78;842475586 said:

Is that from pre-season or post-season???

this afternoon with mathews, bird, domingo & t-wall
stu
Went down to the crossroads
Fell down on my knees
Down to the crossroads
Fell down on my knees
Asked the Lord above for guidance
Help me if you please

Going down to Zona
With my Mama by my side
Down to Zona
With my Mama by my side
Down here in the desert
We might both be fried

Standing at the crossroads
I looked east and I looked west
At the crossroads
I looked east and I looked west
Nobody here to help me
Now in my distress

Going back to Kentuck
In the winter time
Back to Kentuck
In the winter time
How many guys here
Just sit there on the pine

Rising sun going down
Dark gon' catch me here
Sun going down
Dark gon' catch me here
Still don't see nobody
Come to help me steer

We played in Berkeley
Man we had a time
Played in Berkeley
Man we had a time
Crowd kept us going
People all so kind

You can run, you can run
Tell my friend boy Jaylen Brown
Run, you can run
Tell my friend boy Jaylen Brown
I'm standing at the crossroads
Believe I'll stay in town
Shocky1
never heard of jaylen, caleb & ivan, who are them guys?

yoga matters#
Shocky1

when kidd was with the phx suns, i used to host j, the team's assistant coach frank johnson (later become the head coach before losing too many games & having an affair with the also married wife of the suns largest corporate sponsor resulted in him being fired (kidz, that's that's the quickest way to throw away a promising career) along with my close friend the now deceased dr gary mack (the team shrink...counseled j on marital issues with mrs crazytown, joumana) at my summer club in flagstaff, forest highlands (which is considered the augusta national of arizona)

j told me during one of our rounds together that his final college list included kansas, arizona, ohio state & kentucky with the jayhawks probably the leader despite his never actually ever visiting lawrence...he started playing in informal pick up games at harmon organized by his friend monty buckley...j told me there was a defining epiphany like moment when walking thru a grove of trees near the creek north of harmon with his gear bag over his shoulder on a beautiful bay area afternoon that it all came together for him

kidd realized how much he loved his mom anne & dad steve and that he wanted to share his college experience with them...it was that simple in jk's mind, he never even made an official visit to cal, there was no need to do so

so j played in front of his mom & dad and friends at the #1 public university in the world before moving on to generate $200+million in nba earning before becoming the head coach for the brooklyn nets & milwaukee bucks

i saw j at whisper rock a 2 years ago & he told me that he's never regretted his time at cal...he cherishes the collegiate memories he shared with his parents, dad steve died in 1999 (real talk, our parents will not love live forever and our time with them on earth is limited)

fast forward & another top player in the usa from oakland is faced with similar choices/opportunities

what are your priorities in life, ivan?...what's gonna be your legacy?

cal family#
Cal Geek
Shocky1;842475648 said:

when kidd was with the phx suns, i used to host j, the team's assistant coach frank johnson (later become the head coach before losing too many games & having an affair with the also married wife of the suns largest corporate sponsor resulted in him being fired (kidz, that's that's the quickest way to throw away a promising career) along with my close friend the now deceased dr gary mack (the team shrink...counseled j on marital issues with mrs crazytown, joumana) at my summer club in flagstaff, forest highlands (which is considered the augusta national of arizona)

j told me during one of our rounds together that his final college list included kansas, arizona, ohio state & kentucky with the jayhawks probably the leader despite his never actually ever visiting lawrence...he started playing in informal pick up games at harmon organized by his friend monty buckley...j told me there was a defining epiphany like moment when walking thru a grove of trees near the creek north of harmon with his gear bag over his shoulder on a beautiful bay area afternoon that it all came together for him

kidd realized how much he loved his mom anne & dad steve and that he wanted to share his college experience with them...it was that simple in jk's mind, he never even made an official visit to cal, there was no need to do so

so j played in front of his mom & dad and friends at the #1 public university in the world before moving on to generate $200+million in nba earning before becoming the head coach for the brooklyn nets & milwaukee bucks

i saw j at whisper rock a 2 years ago & he told me that he's never regretted his time at cal...he cherishes the collegiate memories he shared with his parents, dad steve died in 1999 (real talk, our parents will not love live forever and our time with them on earth is limited)

fast forward & another top player in the usa from oakland is faced with similar choices/opportunities

what are your priorities in life, ivan?...what's gonna be your legacy?

cal family#

LIKE....Very well put Shocky .
mamasan
You clearly don't want him at Cal with comments like that.
SRBear
mamasan;842475657 said:

You clearly don't want him at Cal with comments like that.

And this is why I have such problems with the monster thread. I have no idea to which post or who this comment was directed and searching for it shouldn't be like hunting for a needle in a haystack.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Did you know that Neil Fingleton, who plays the [SIZE=6]MONSTER [/SIZE]in Game of Thrones, was a former McDonald's All-American?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Well, there are more [SIZE=6]MONSTERS [/SIZE]playing in this year's game...I'm thinking of three in particular [/SIZE]
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Cal already has one McDonald's All-American on the team
and he's ready for a breakout season[/SIZE]

socaltownie
HoopDreams;842475748 said:

[SIZE=5]Cal already has one McDonald's All-American on the team
and he's ready for a breakout season[/SIZE]

+a gazillion. Some fans on this board have a strange fandom relationship with Jabari. I, for one, am happy with his success on the court and appreciate greatly how he represents the University (and thus, while happy about Brown, am not losing sleep over him as much as Rabb and to an extent Calab.)
Shocky1
SRBear;842475662 said:

And this is why I have such problems with the monster thread. I have no idea to which post or who this comment was directed and searching for it shouldn't be like hunting for a needle in a haystack.

srbear, trust me, you are not my targeted audience

life is not linear

don't be a dumb azz#
First Page Last Page
Page 170 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.