cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,269,314 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearGreg
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]National Champion Cal women swim with the first pitch...
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842528725 said:

a bears coach told me prior to the australia trip that the staff is not currently targeting any recruits from down under...there are d1 programs with assistant coaches that are natives of australia that relentlessly work the region year round that already have strong established relationships within the oz basketball community...it's a matter of limited resources & allocating those efforts in regions that project the most favorable returns

after lighting up the bears for 55 points in 2 games, i'll report here if that thinking has changed re: vasiljevic

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

not gonna happen
Shocky1

walked 36 holes today at coore & crenshaw's newly opened cabot cliffs...this unreal seaside beauty will likely debut as a world top 25 course in future rankings...yeah, it's in nova scotia

experiencing the final 4 holes along the cliffs with the coastal winds & the sun in your eyes goes by as quickly as a 24 second shot clock

[video=youtube;gKhIt9c8USE][/video]

the time is now#
afroski
Don't mean to be a buzzkill, but doesn't the hashtag come before the text? Or is that like some new social media thing?
Shocky1
congrats to one time cal prospective player of interest sacramento high school's solomon young on his commitment to them iowa state cyclones
mikecohen
Shocky1;842533905 said:

walked 36 holes today at coore & crenshaw's newly opened cabot cliffs...this unreal seaside beauty will likely debut as a world top 25 course in future rankings...yeah, it's in nova scotia

experiencing the final 4 holes along the cliffs with the coastal winds & the sun in your eyes goes by as quickly as a 24 second shot clock

[video=youtube;gKhIt9c8USE][/video]

the time is now#

Is that near the Tibetan Buddhist monastery at the Northern End of the Island (closest town, a little town called Cheticamp - with its own extraordinary story of the French Holocaust and diaspora when they were all banished and deported by the English from what they called Acadia, and where a goodly percentage of them wound up in Louisiana, calling themselves "Acadians", which eventually became "Cajuns" -- Strikingly, a goodly percentage of the descendants (biological and spiritual) of the deportees returned in the late 19th Century, and, among other things, established a Catholic church as big as those that take up a Chicago city block, built out of huge stones quarried on the mainland, and skidded across the frozen waterway between the mainland and the island in the dead of winter)? I spent a week visiting the monastery as summer was turning into Autumn. SpectaCUlar.
Shocky1
mikecohen;842533963 said:

Is that near the Tibetan Buddhist monastery at the Northern End of the Island (closest town, a little town called Cheticamp - with its own extraordinary story of the French Holocaust and diaspora when they were all banished and deported by the English from what they called Acadia, and where a goodly percentage of them wound up in Louisiana, calling themselves "Acadians", which eventually became "Cajuns" -- Strikingly, a goodly percentage of the descendants (biological and spiritual) of the deportees returned in the late 19th Century, and, among other things, established a Catholic church as big as those that take up a Chicago city block, built out of huge stones quarried on the mainland, and skidded across the frozen waterway between the mainland and the island in the dead of winter)? I spent a week visiting the monastery as summer was turning into Autumn. SpectaCUlar.

i dunno

Shocky1
"kendrick lamar or j cole?"
-ivan rabb

[video=youtube;fzzMOMkjm8A][/video]

don't be a dumb azz#
mikecohen
Shocky1;842534046 said:

i dunno

I can't figure out whether J. Cole is expressing his true feelings (in which case I hope something can help him), or whether he's portraying a character whose pathos needs expressing, so it can be seen for the destructive illusion that it is.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]smooth stroke
nice arc
priority recruit[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;hMNGQAAkUt8][/video]

HoopDreams
[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=5]Welcome Nick Kerr![/SIZE][/COLOR]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842493683 said:

jaylen hands, a dynamic 6'2" 155 lbs point guard from chula vista & a top 20 player in the 2017 class, has been offered by the bears staff

"cal has done a great job of recruiting this year and that's something i'm looking at"
-jaylen hands

jaylen had been considered a ucla lean with arizona running a tight 2nd position but let's be real here, there's a new national powerhouse program in the united states with much stronger academics than both ucla & arizona that's located in the cosmopolitan and diverse san francisco/oakland bay area

jaylen hands would be a potential dynamic impact leader for cal's touch the sky class (2017) to assure the current upward recruiting trajectory of the california golden bears basketball program:

cal's monster class (2013)
cal's doses & mimosas class (2014)
cal's diamonds are forever class (2015)
cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016)
cal's touch the sky class (2017)
cal's started at the bottom class (2018)*

*the vision is jordan brown, elijah hardy, miles norris & ideally marvin bagley

jaylen has got a busy summer schedule trying out for the team usa squad starting on may 28th & also playing for the compton magic aau team but still intends to unofficially visit berkeley with his dad ronnie who knows coach wyking jones from playground games growing up in inglewood back in the day

the bears staff will be most successful when all 5 coaches (coach martin, huf, tracy, wyking & nicodemus) build relationships with prospective recruits & their families...these 5 guys comprise arguably the most likable & hardest working collegiate basketball staff in the nation, a staff that will compete with anybody including coach cal for any recruit with academic ambition in the united states

some valuable recruiting lessons were learned (from my perspective) this year in chasing guys with overly involved dads/selfish position demands like tyler dorsey & bennie boatwright and guys who lack the necessary academic ambition to flourish at cal like brandon sampson (no ncca qualifying score) but obviously the diamonds are forever class (2015) has transformed the #1 public university in the world to an epic turning point on the basketball court that even pudgy noted donuts expert sean miller has conceded that cal could win the national championship this upcoming season

this **** is getting live

do you got your season tix(s) at haas?...why not?...man, you don't wanna be like that lupe fiasco

this is cal basketball#

"california, arizona, ucla, stanford and sdsu are the main schools i'm hearing from"
-jaylen hands

jaylen will be unofficially visiting arizona august 7th (visiting a dump like tucson with summer desert temps will be a lot of fun) & hopefully cal too...generally speaking i never get too excited re: any west coast prospect until they make an unofficial visit with their family to berkeley, it's a key indicator of a targeted recruit's serious interest in the bears

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

jaylen is transferring from chula vista mater dei to balboa prep for his senior season
Shocky1
travis decuire has received a commitment from 2016 guard el cerrito gaucho sayeed pridgett to montana

go grizzlies#
Shocky1
damari & his dad jules (former basketball standout) are visiting with the cal staff today in berkeley on an unofficial visit & will also be visiting nevada on september 12th

milstead (moreau catholic) & jade smith (alameda's st joseph notre dame) are 2017 bay area point guards of significant interest to the bears along with troy brown, jaylen hands & rj nembhard as prospective future facilitator/distributors at the 1

charlie moore is cal's top 2016 point guard & elijah hardy (bishop o'dowd) is the priority target for 2018

and yeah, there's a real strong probability that t-wall's name is gonna be called during the nba draft next spring too

jason kidd's legacy#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]So you want to roll into Haas on game day and get big PT minutes, without putting in the work to earn them?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]You may want to rethink your school destination....[/SIZE]

Shocky1
the cal staff is actively recruiting rj nembhard, a 6'3" 170 lbs top 100 player in the 2017 class from keller high school in texas

nembhard reminds me of t-wall with his ability to break down defenders with his superior size & athleticism and also ability to slide to the 2 at times

texas, oklahoma & new mexico are among rj's many collegiate options but moms grew up in san diego & as a financial industry professional the family recongizes the value of a cal degree, the doors it can open for a lifetime

[video=youtube;hyZn0L_woYo][/video]

50 year decision#
HoopDreams
[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=6][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Those California Golden Bears have a few big time diaper dandies, baby![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=5]Dick Vitale...
"The California Golden Bears went 3-1 on its four-game trip to Australia. The lone loss came in overtime in the final game. Cuonzo Martin has a great blend of veterans and newcomers and should contend for the Pac-12 title"[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
Shocky1
the successfully targeted & recruited 2015 class is intended to forever change the trajectory of the cal basketball program, to compete for national championships with high character true student athletes at the #1 public university in the world...coach martin & the staff are not interested in dumb azzs...these guys are elite immediate impact blue chippers with academic ambition, they are all truly diamonds in ways that extend far beyond playing basketball on a basketball court with a basketball...basketball does not define these diamonds

*****stephen domingo, #35 ranked player in the 2013 class

*****roman davis, top 150 player in the 2015 class

*****leo nikolayevich tolstoy, a late emerging 5 star euro recruit with an actionable offer from the cal staff...leo has got a 4.38 gpa & is considered a strong cal fit in that he is considered the considered the greatest writer ever in russian literature by rivals & scout...his significant production is tempered by his preference for making non violent resistance statements & questioning authority during time outs...lacks lateral mobility & is not a strong on ball defender primairly because he is dead...loves berkeley & is considered a cal lean by 24/7...jeff goodman is tweeting that tolstoy thinks "tucson is a dump"

*****jaylen brown, #1/#2 ranked player in the 2015 class
[IMG]https://nbccollegebasketballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwi5ztbkmtm4 mjdjmwviyjg3ogjjytdmnwm3mzhmzgrm.jpeg" />[/IMG]

*****ivan rabb, #1 ranked (prior to a minor summertime injury) player in the 2015 class

*****brandon mccartney aka lil b, a local berkeley product is known for runnin' his mouth & deadly curses...strong chemistry with jaylen brown but also a defensive liability as brandon chacuca has posted him up/abused him on the aau circuit in iso sets
[video=youtube;eU5PVFjsQG8][/video]

true california golden bears fans will be celebrating the magic of haas with their season tix(s) as them diamonds integrate with the hungry returning nucleus of guys...noted donuts expert sean miller said it best: "cal can win the national championship"

shine bright#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000FF"]Roman Davis[/COLOR]: "Dream school"[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;zMbUrEQtdU0][/video]
Shocky1
no wonder kim k is gonna dump that broken down dumb azz kayne for me so she can get them cal basketball tixs on the floor of haas pavillion

i dunno but coach martin probably can't dance much better either

[video=youtube;Rmani9H_8h8][/video]
petalumabear
Give the Kanye Shyte a rest please. What a loser.

Go Bears!
Shocky1
petalumabear;842535557 said:

Give the Kanye Shyte a rest please. What a loser.

Go Bears!

not gonna happen until the goals of the cal's monster class thread are achieved in their entiriety
goldmountain
Hi Shocky1

Enjoy reading your comments, always. I'll be at the game today. Looking forward to seeing you again. If you are up for lunch, come the the Chinese place on Durant where I met you a few years ago.
goldmountain
about noon.
Shocky1

it's gameday, baby, let's do this

started at the bottom#
Shocky1

started from the bottom#
Shocky1
[video=youtube;2NS54KX4R_c][/video]
HoopDreams

Shocky1

"no ones going to love you like your mama"
-oscar frayer

Shocky1
"wish i was in berkeley right now...i used to make excuses why i couldn't do something!...because my dreams were so big and they seemed so unrealistic...my mama grinded for everything i have and im grinding so she can everything shes ever wanted"
-tyson jolly

Shocky1

http://www.csnbayarea.com/video_content_type/cals-coach-cuonzo-martin-definition-tough
Shocky1
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25290295/inside-college-hoops-the-story-behind-cuonzo-martins-picture

this is cal basketball#
south bender
Shocky1;842537630 said:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25290295/inside-college-hoops-the-story-behind-cuonzo-martins-picture

this is cal basketball#

Shocky,

I thank you for posting this. Who cannot be touched by this incredible moment for Cuonzo and his boy?
Shocky1
south bender;842537682 said:

Shocky,

I thank you for posting this. Who cannot be touched by this incredible moment for Cuonzo and his boy?

i dunno maybe criminal dana altman?
First Page Last Page
Page 220 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.