Clips to sign T-Wall to 2-Way Contract!

38,597 Views | 327 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by philbert
EricBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Tyrone starting again today for Clips.

EricBear
Staff
Wallace having another solid game for Clips in second straight start. Clips blowing out Kings.

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400975374
bear2034
EricBear said:

Wallace having another solid game for Clips in second straight start. Clips blowing out Kings.

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400975374
10 pts 3 reb 1 ast and 1 block with less than 3 minutes to go, Clippers with a big lead.
bear2034
Wallace +/- 23 is tops on the team!
graguna
My kids are now playing T-Wall on NBA 2K. BAM!
EricBear
Staff
graguna said:

That's awesome.

I share Clipper season tickets with several of my partners. Their first year was 1989, so tickets are phenomenal. And now, thanks to Ballmer, totally overpriced. That, plus Doc Rivers running team into the ground from the front office, has caused me to lose almost all interest in them. But reinvigorated by Ty Wallace's play.

My first game of the season is Boston on 1/24. That should be really cool to see Wallace and Jaylen (and maybe Jabari).
EricBear
Staff
https://www.google.com/amp/www.bakersfield.com/sports/former-bakersfield-high-standout-making-the-most-of-first-week/article_d9619720-f8c1-11e7-873c-2722ddf01598.amp.html
concordtom
EricBear said:

graguna said:

That's awesome.

I share Clipper season tickets with several of my partners. Their first year was 1989, so tickets are phenomenal. And now, thanks to Ballmer, totally overpriced. That, plus Doc Rivers running team into the ground from the front office, has caused me to lose almost all interest in them. But reinvigorated by Ty Wallace's play.

My first game of the season is Boston on 1/24. That should be really cool to see Wallace and Jaylen (and maybe Jabari).
Do you know them well enough to say hey, other than the BI guy?
What were you up to 2+ yrs ago?
concordtom
concernedparent said:

ducky23 said:

bearister said:

He is killing it. I would have lost my job as a scout preparing my report on him at Cal. Were he and Jaylen mishandled by the coaching staffs at Cal or did the Berkeley air just not agree with them?

You and me both. I think with Jaylen it was petty easy to see that the dude was just oozing with potential and he only needed more experience.

But with Wallace, he was a senior and still hadn't shown any significant improvement. There were just so many holes in his game. But now, just his basic fundamentals and his decision making are so much better. It's amazing what a little coaching can do. And I assume he got most of this coaching from the g-league. Maybe we should hire the top g-league coach out there.

He's still a 6'5 combo guard with a long wingspan, respectable athleticism, and two NBA levels skills (penetrating and rebounding). It's strange to me that people are surprised by Crabbe, Wallace, Bird making the NBA, and Brown being really good (I mean he was the 3rd overall pick).
I'll only be surprised if Bird sticks. And Rabb, too, I'm not sure about.
Ryan has exceeded expectations!!
concordtom
So what's the deal with NBA 2-day contracts?
How much longer until Clippers are forced to either drop him or sign him to more $.
petalumabear
concordtom said:

So what's the deal with NBA 2-day contracts?
How much longer until Clippers are forced to either drop him or sign him to more $.

2 WAY contracts Tom. They can move back and forth between the D league and THE league and not have to be released or maintained on an NBA LEAGUE contract. Allows the teams more flexibility, the players the chance to play consistently at both levels and gives the players a higher salary (still very low) to be bound to their team for the full year. Hope that helps.

There are also 10 Day contracts which is where the team signs the player for 10 days and then the player is released at the end of the 10 days. They can resign the player once to another 10 day but if they resign to a third, it becomes a contract for the remainder of the year IIRC..
oskidunker
Hopefully players stay injured and they sign Ty
EricBear
Staff
https://www.google.com/amp/s/clipperholics.com/2018/01/14/tyrone-wallace-talks-transition-g-league-nba/amp/
EricBear
Staff
Clips (Ty Wallace) vs. Rockets (Ryan Anderson) tonight at Staples Center.

Here is a nice summary of Ryan's game over the past month.

HoopDreams
Ty playing great defense. Great steal, fast break and assist to Blake
but Ryan Anderson just hit a 3 against Ty
concernedparent
Just tuned in and saw Wallace absolutely pick CP3's pocket and run a beautiful break. Doubt he sees G League again this year.
EricBear
Staff
EricBear
Staff
EricBear
Staff
EricBear
Staff
gobears
Ty has plus 16, leading all players entering 4th.. 5 for 7 from floor, 1 for 2 from 3.
Leading Clips in minutes at 29 thru 3.

goBears
EricBear
Staff
Has played more minutes through 3Q (30) than Blake (28).

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400975394
EricBear
Staff
Ty has been sitting the entire 4th quarter.

Coming in with 3:34 to go, Clips up 108-98.
EricBear
Staff
Clips win 113-102. Ty leads team with a +16 +/-. Clips 5-1 since Ty called up from G-League.
LOUMFSG2
Nice all-around game for Ty, 12 pts, 2 rebs, 2 asts, 1 blk, 3 stls, only 1 TO, team leading +16 (tied with Lou Williams) in 33 mins. It'll be interesting to see what they do with him when Rivers comes back, but he's making his case to continue to be part of the rotation with his play.
HoopDreams
Ty's game was always to go strong to the rack, but it was just too clogged in college for him. The other thing is they don't call those silly block fouls. See the two highlight clips posted ... he wasn't called for a foul on either of them (nor should he have been). How many charges did they call on Wallace and Brown that were even worse attempts to get a charge call? Absolutely criminal.

The other things are Ty really learned how to pass, including pick and roll (another thing we refused to do, even with the perfect pick-n-roll player in Rabb. And Ty's shot has a much higher arc. In college his shot was way too flat
EricBear
Staff
All good points.

Turning into a real story, particularly with Clips' newfound energy and spirit. Win tonight over Rockets was huge. Blake played with a legitimate edge to him which I haven't seen in years. And he seems to enjoy playing with Ty.

bear2034
Something like 5 wins in a row for the Clippers since Wallace got there? First game was a loss against the Warriors, no shame there.
bearmanpg
concernedparent said:

Just tuned in and saw Wallace absolutely pick CP3's pocket and run a beautiful break. Doubt he sees G League again this year.
If I'm not mistaken, there is a provision to the 2 way contract that limits the player to a set number of days on the NBA teams roster, then the rest of the year he is guaranteed G league roster spot....I think the player makes a guaranteed $75K + whatever he earns at the NBA level...It all comes to about a max of $275K for the year....
EricBear
Staff
EricBear
Staff
EricBear
Staff
Starting again, vs Nuggets.

EricBear
Staff
EricBear
Staff
EricBear
Staff

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.