Clips to sign T-Wall to 2-Way Contract!

38,608 Views | 327 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by philbert
BGGB2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caltagjohnson said:

Clipper efforts to low ball him are ridiculous. I would like to see him as a complete free agent at the end of the season. He has shown he can play in the NBA. And play well, How about becoming the backup guard for the Warriors? Clippers have crappy management and are going nowhere.
Umm, the Clips have a man named Jerry West in their front office. I heard he's pretty good.
EricBear
Staff
EricBear
Staff
EricBear
Staff
EricBear
Staff
Ty started tonight in win over Suns:

And produced:

EricBear
Staff
KoreAmBear
Ty provides this crazy length at the 1 esp. on D and rebounding. He's unique in that way.

EricBear
Staff
Milos out last night with an injury so Tyrone started and got quality minutes. I think Clips are better with Ty.

EricBear
Staff
EricBear
Staff
Too bad here:

EricBear
Staff
EricBear
Staff
EricBear
Staff
EricBear
Staff
EricBear
Staff
EricBear
Staff
EricBear
Staff
Ty with a decent first half tonight. 4 points/2 rebounds/2 assists.

EricBear
Staff
Not a productive night for Ty (4 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists in 31 minutes), but Doc put him in the final 45 seconds to inbound against the Spurs' press and to play defense. Paid off in a big win for Clips. Playoff hopes still alive.

concordtom
Wow, good seats!

So, look at Lance Aldridge miss the second screen to be set on Wallace. He realizes it's gone (bad setup by Manu) and so Lance reaches to try and grab Tyrone's arm and slow him down (a would-be foul). And then he appears to watch what happens with an "oops" body language.

It appears that Manu stepped out of bounds before Ty's pursuit was reckoned with, inho.

So, honestly, where is this contract stuff at with Ty?
EricBear
Staff
He will be a restricted free agent this summer.

I believe Clips offered him a 4-year deal, but non-guaranteed. So he is going to check out the market.

EricBear
Staff
This is a good read.

concordtom
FYI: This thread is now 300 posts long. That makes it the longest since the Monster Thread was closed (on page 17), and then the NBA Finals thread (on page 19).
EricBear
Staff
concordtom said:

FYI: This thread is now 300 posts long. That makes it the longest since the Monster Thread was closed (on page 17), and then the NBA Finals thread (on page 19).
Some fine company.

Ty Wallace has ben a terrific story this season. There has been all kinds of cool stuff out there about him, and it has been fun to observe locally here in LA. He was also incredibly gracious when I interviewed him in January following the Clips-Nuggets game. Easy guy to root for, and fun to promote him with this thread. Will start a new one next season, to track him wherever he lands.
EricBear
Staff
concernedparent
EricBear said:

concordtom said:

Some fine company.

Ty Wallace has ben a terrific story this season. There has been all kinds of cool stuff out there about him, and it has been fun to observe locally here in LA. He was also incredibly gracious when I interviewed him in January following the Clips-Nuggets game. Easy guy to root for, and fun to promote him with this thread. Will start a new one next season, to track him wherever he lands.
Especially because so many people were skeptical about and just unnecessarily harsh on one of the best players we've had in this era.
concordtom
concernedparent said:

Especially because so many people were skeptical about and just unnecessarily harsh on one of the best players we've had in this era.
Yeah, I must say, that kinda pissed me off.
He was among the tops in points, rebounds, assists, steals all-time at Cal, right? I had a full-on thread about that going last year... until we flamed out vs. Hawaii (wheels fell off bus).

I was a big TW fan, and am not surprised that he's had success.
EricBear
Staff
Bearprof
Ty Wallace cited for special NBA award....
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/4/6/17204838/other-nba-award-picks
EricBear
Staff
EricBear
Staff
HoopDreams
EricBear said:

learned that one in the nba
he could never do that in college
EricBear
Staff
LOUMFSG2
HoopDreams said:

EricBear said:

I think people forget how good Ty Wallace was in college. From his Cal bio, in his junior year, he was First-team All-Pac-12, finalist for the Bob Cousy Award, honoring the National Point Guard of the Year, named to both the National Association of Basketball Coaches and the United States Basketball Writers Association all-district teams, two-time Pac-12 Player of the Week award and a National Player of the Week award, named a first-team All-American in ESPN analyst Jeff Goodman's mid-season awards list in December.

Here are some video highlights from Cal:

BearGoggles
LOUMFSG2 said:

HoopDreams said:

EricBear said:

I think people forget how good Ty Wallace was in college. From his Cal bio, in his junior year, he was First-team All-Pac-12, finalist for the Bob Cousy Award, honoring the National Point Guard of the Year, named to both the National Association of Basketball Coaches and the United States Basketball Writers Association all-district teams, two-time Pac-12 Player of the Week award and a National Player of the Week award, named a first-team All-American in ESPN analyst Jeff Goodman's mid-season awards list in December.

Here are some video highlights from Cal:

He was a great college player, but his improvement since leaving Cal has be significant (arguably massive). At Cal, he wasn't a particularly good shooter - that area really seems to have improved - and was turnover prone. Ty really rounded out his game and deserves a ton of credit for what I imagine was a lot of hard work. Great to see him succeeding and getting set up for a big payday.
EricBear
Staff
Started last night, another solid effort. One game remaining.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.