Has he been fired yet

12,242 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Strykur
4thGenCal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
helltopay1 said:

Concord: I think your rhetoric is dangerous. According to my source, (I'm active in political circles) there have been six attempts to date to harm the President. These attempts almost never get publicized for obvious reasons. You don't want to agitate the crazies/uninformed. In our country, if you are not pleased with the head of the executive branch, we have an election every four years. If the person is re-elected, it means most folks disagree with you. If he is not re-elected, it means most folks agree with you. That's the beauty of our system. Also, in our country, not liking someones' character is not grounds for impeachment . Absent legal malfeasance ( provable high crimes and misdemeanors ) presidents are constitutionally given the opportunity too serve either one or two terms. Advocating harm or publicly hoping or wishing for harm is a very slippery slope indeed . The veneer of civilization is very, very thin and, as a result, this country settles our differences at the ballot box. We are not yet China, Russia, iran, Cuba or Venezuela or most countries in Africa or the Middle East. We used to teach the Constitution in our public schools . Old graybeards on this board remember Civic s being taught in the early years. Not anymore. According to a recent study, most Americans have less knowledge of our political system than recent immigrants taking the citizenship exam. Civilizations do not automatically endure forever. Please seeRome. We are a nation of laws---not men. when we reverse that, we are asking for trouble.
Agreed - I also wish people would respect differing views and not go ballistic when other positions than their's, is stated. There are a few posters that unfortunately try to to pivot an Cal sports discussion, into an agenda for their political views. Its totally the wrong forum for such attempts.
calbear80
oskidunker said:

The more we lose, the better the chance unless losing close counts.

Ouch!
oskidunker
Close counts only in horseshoes and hand grenades.
Go Bears!
calbear80
bearsandgiants said:

As bad as the Pac12 is this season, we could potentially find a decent coach to get this team into the conference tourney championship game.

Or at least win a few conference games.

Go Bears!
socaltownie
helltopay1 said:

Concord: I think your rhetoric is dangerous. According to my source, (I'm active in political circles) there have been six attempts to date to harm the President. These attempts almost never get publicized for obvious reasons. You don't want to agitate the crazies/uninformed. In our country, if you are not pleased with the head of the executive branch, we have an election every four years. If the person is re-elected, it means most folks disagree with you. If he is not re-elected, it means most folks agree with you. That's the beauty of our system. Also, in our country, not liking someones' character is not grounds for impeachment . Absent legal malfeasance ( provable high crimes and misdemeanors ) presidents are constitutionally given the opportunity too serve either one or two terms. Advocating harm or publicly hoping or wishing for harm is a very slippery slope indeed . The veneer of civilization is very, very thin and, as a result, this country settles our differences at the ballot box. We are not yet China, Russia, iran, Cuba or Venezuela or most countries in Africa or the Middle East. We used to teach the Constitution in our public schools . Old graybeards on this board remember Civic s being taught in the early years. Not anymore. According to a recent study, most Americans have less knowledge of our political system than recent immigrants taking the citizenship exam. Civilizations do not automatically endure forever. Please seeRome. We are a nation of laws---not men. when we reverse that, we are asking for trouble.
While I agree with you that isn't precisely true. Impeachment is a POLITICAL action and doesn't have anything in the constitution other than the undefined in common or statute HCAM. Indeed, Johnson was impeached largely not because of a crime but because Congress exerted its authority and was unhappy that an racist scum ex-slave holder wouldn't implement Reconstruction.
calbear80
bearmanpg said:

Strykur said:

So who wants to start an over/under on when he's canned?
March 14th......

When is the first day of Pac-12 Tournament?

Go Bears!
Yogi58
calbear80 said:

bearmanpg said:

Strykur said:

March 14th......

When is the first day of Pac-12 Tournament?

Go Bears!
March 13
oskidunker
Et tu brute..
Go Bears!
calbear80
oskidunker said:

Et tu brute..

Please explain.
oskidunker
Refering to prior supporters who must now concede he must go
Go Bears!
calbear80
calbear80
MilleniaBear said:

Dont fire till end of season but go ahead and hire a consultant to find a replacement

It is almost the end of the season.

Go abears!
calbear80
bearmanpg said:

Strykur said:

March 14th......

?
Strykur
furk
Strykur
TODAY

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.