national anthem

24,889 Views | 269 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by wifeisafurd
helltopay1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just got the year wrong..Gus Hall ran in 1972, 1976, 1980, and 1984. he was President of the American Communist Party for several decades. Matter of historical fact that Brennan voted for him..I just got the year wrong..Now---if you are a straight ( political) American President, why would you nominate someone who had communist sympathies to be the director of the CIA????Hello!!!!
bearister
Well, I take my hat off to tRump, regardless of the motive, for this:

Trump signs landmark national parks bill, aiding GOP candidates

https://www.mercurynews.com/billions-for-national-parks-as-historic-bill-becomes-law
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mercurynews.com/2020/08/04/billions-for-national-parks-as-historic-bill-becomes-law/amp/

*Which is interesting In light of this:

" Trump has done little to preserve public lands or reduce pollution until now. He has pushed to open the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to offshore oil drilling. He overturned a rule that prohibited using bait, such as grease-soaked doughnuts, for hunters to lure and kill grizzly bears. He cut more than 2 million acres from two national monuments in Utah Bears Ears and Grand Staircase-Escalante the largest rollback of national monuments in U.S. history.

He has pushed for new offshore oil drilling off the entire West Coast, including California. He weakened rules put in place by the Obama administration to raise gas mileage standards in vehicles, allowed more mercury pollution from power plants, announced the U.S. would withdraw from the Paris Climate Agreement, and falsely claimed wind turbines cause cancer." Mercury News
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
dimitrig
bearister said:

Well, I take my hat off to tRump, regardless of the motive, for this:

Trump signs landmark national parks bill, aiding GOP candidates

https://www.mercurynews.com/billions-for-national-parks-as-historic-bill-becomes-law
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mercurynews.com/2020/08/04/billions-for-national-parks-as-historic-bill-becomes-law/amp/

*Which is interesting In light of this:

" Trump has done little to preserve public lands or reduce pollution until now. He has pushed to open the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to offshore oil drilling. He overturned a rule that prohibited using bait, such as grease-soaked doughnuts, for hunters to lure and kill grizzly bears. He cut more than 2 million acres from two national monuments in Utah Bears Ears and Grand Staircase-Escalante the largest rollback of national monuments in U.S. history.

He has pushed for new offshore oil drilling off the entire West Coast, including California. He weakened rules put in place by the Obama administration to raise gas mileage standards in vehicles, allowed more mercury pollution from power plants, announced the U.S. would withdraw from the Paris Climate Agreement, and falsely claimed wind turbines cause cancer." Mercury News

This is like getting free dessert with your meal on the Titanic. I won't knock it, but it doesn't do much for conservation.
joe amos yaks
bearister said:

" I may have missed it if someone else mentioned this, but it was impossible for John Brennan to have voted for Gus Hall in 1948 because John Brennan wasn't born until 1955."

When is the last time a fact like that stopped a guy that gets all his news from Fox News and Breitbart from making his argument?
Was it channeled or is Brennan a "preemie"?
helltopay1
Dear civil: Thank you for being a voice of political sanity. I know we've had our differences in the past, but, you are in the same foxhole politically. I appreciate that. I just heard that ALL the vaccines for TDS ( Trump derangement syndrome) have been terminated. The vaccine has been somewhat successful for intelligent four year-olds, but, the costs seem to outweigh the benefits. It seems that for everyone who reads a constitutional scholar, there are ten people who watch Whoopie Goldberg or watch MSNBC. Better to cut bait!!!
AunBear89
helltopay1 said:

Dear civil: Thank you for being a voice of political sanity. I know we've had our differences in the past, but, you are in the same foxhole politically. I appreciate that. I just heard that ALL the vaccines for TDS ( Trump derangement syndrome) have been terminated. The vaccine has been somewhat successful for intelligent four year-olds, but, the costs seem to outweigh the benefits. It seems that for everyone who reads a constitutional scholar, there are ten people who watch Whoopie Goldberg or watch MSNBC. Better to cut bait!!!

Oh, look: the little Trumpkin is trying to be funny. Keep trying, junior! You'll make a funny one of these days.
stu
helltopay1 said:

... you are in the same foxhole politically.
Well spoken! I couldn't have phrased it better.
bearister
The cure for Hitler Derangement Syndrome in Germany during WWII was the firing squad or gallows.
Big C
helltopay1 said:

helltopay1, are you actually planning on voting for Trump this fall?!? Look, I get, "I'm a Republican" or, "I'm a conservative", but Trump is such a complete ass and he's also totally incompetent. Really, you would vote for him after all this?

Intelligent conservatives are jumping off the Trump bandwagon in droves, as we speak. Some will vote for Biden; some will find a different candidate and some will sit it out. They are all bothered by the way this is turning out and wondering what to do, post 2020. Millions of voters will still vote for Trump, of course, but aren't they just the yahoos at this point?
stu
Quote:

Millions of voters will still vote for Trump, of course, but aren't they just the yahoos at this point?
What about those who will vote for Kanye West?
helltopay1
Bearister: Even the most dim among us will understand what you have insinuated . you have just insinuated that Donald Trump and/or his followers deserve either the gallows or the firing squad. for a lawyer not to understand that volatile comments ( crying fire in a crowded theater) can have devastating consequences is truly shocking. At this point, I am clearly calling for any moderator to contact you either privately or on this forum to warn you that you have clearly crossed a very distinct line. T o say that your post is shocking would be an understatement. Consider yourself to be in legal jeopardy if you continue in this vein.
smh
helltopay1 said:

Consider yourself to be in legal jeopardy if you continue in this vein.
oh boy Oh Boy...

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=jackson+eating+popcorn+gif&t=hk&iar=images&iax=images&ia=images
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
bearister
helltopay1 said:

Bearister: Even the most dim among us will understand what you have insinuated . you have just insinuated that Donald Trump and/or his followers deserve either the gallows or the firing squad. for a lawyer not to understand that volatile comments ( crying fire in a crowded theater) can have devastating consequences is truly shocking. At this point, I am clearly calling for any moderator to contact you either privately or on this forum to warn you that you have clearly crossed a very distinct line. T o say that your post is shocking would be an understatement. Consider yourself to be in legal jeopardy if you continue in this vein.

"tRump Derangement Syndrome is a term that has mainly been used by Trump supporters to discredit criticism of his actions, as a way of reframing the discussion by suggesting that his opponents are incapable of accurately perceiving the world." Wikipedia

The term tRump Derangement Syndrome is thus used to belittle and discredit justly deserved criticism of tRump.

By analogy, the term Hitler Derangement Syndrome could have been used to describe any German that justly criticized Hitler. Hitler executed anyone that criticized him (by firing squad or gallows...and tRump, being a fan of dictators, would do likewise if he had the ability).

BTW, the Moderators have not contacted me about my comment which leads me to conclude that unlike you, they understood my comment and that I wasn't threatening anyone. Your tortured interpretation of my comment led you to wage an imaginary battle in your own mind.
helltopay1
yeah----right!!!I know what you insinuated. TDS doesn't begin to describe you.
BeachedBear
helltopay1 said:

Watch Out! Here comes HTP and his mods

FWIW - I think HTP is the only person who inferred that bearister insinuated gallows or firing squad.
bearister
The Mods Vespaed me late last night. The leader said he was with The Police.

UrsaMajor
I don't get this thread. It started as a discussion about the anthem at sporting events, but has devolved into a silly back and forth with HTP, who is bored old retired guy (full disclosure: I am old, too) whose only entertainment is to hang around BI trolling everyone else. Don't feed the trolls.
joe amos yaks
As an alternative, he could play golf at Rossmoor
... or he could be the new "turd blossom".
bearister
UrsaMajor said:

I don't get this thread. It started as a discussion about the anthem at sporting events, but has devolved into a silly back and forth with HTP, who is bored old retired guy (full disclosure: I am old, too) whose only entertainment is to hang around BI trolling everyone else. Don't feed the trolls.

Hey, but he helped me break my record: 20+ years of posting and 26,000+ posts before being falsely accused of making a death threat or being threatened with legal prosecution. At least I'll always have that.

philbert
Congrats?
calumnus
bearister said:

It was a Sting operation.
smh

Quote:

Hey, but he helped me break my record: 20+ years of posting and 26,000+ posts before being falsely accused of making a death threat or being threatened with legal prosecution. At least I'll always have that.
smart a$$ kidds.. yeahbutt how many times were you fairly accused B? (i kidd)
Quote:

the internet > If you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas, or in Latin, qui cum canibus concumbunt cum pulicibus surgent. "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" has been attributed to Benjamin Franklin's Poor Richard's Almanack.

o-o (it means over and out)
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
bearister
Eastern Oregon Bear
calumnus said:

bearister said:

It was a Sting operation.
I think I'll make a simple request given the recent twists in this topic.

Don't stand, don't stand so
Don't stand so close to me
helltopay1
Dear Ursa: You are so typical of your breed. I couldn't possibly really believe what I say; therefore, I am not sincere and am a troll. I do not agree with your political philosophy, but, I give you the benefit of the doubt. I do not question your sincere postings. . I used to respect you. But, then again, I used to go to church.
helltopay1
Bare: In in earlier day, you would have been arrested for making a veiled death threat against a sitting president.
bearister
helltopay1 said:

Bare: In in earlier day, you would have been arrested for making a veiled death threat against a sitting president.

I broke out the chalk and blackboard for you and diagrammed my comment so that you could understand it. Why don't you return the favor by explaining how my comment was threatening anyone. I am genuinely interested how your synapses fire.

*With all the overtly bigoted, homophobic, and sexist references (right out of the 1950's) that you frequently excrete into your posts, you are the one earmarked for a lifetime ban from this website, friendo.
helltopay1
Bare: You have no idea how lucky you are. What took you so long to play the :sexist, homophobic, racist card??Any idiot can play the name-calling game. How long have you been a communist lesbian??See how ridiculous this game is???One of your problems ( I would need a calculator to add up all your problems) is that you think History began with the Beatles. 1950's????You should have been so lucky..
bearister
When you initially ticked me off with your trolling, false accusation, I went through your post history and was going to copy and paste your "Greatest Hits," so to speak, but out of the kindness of my heart, I declined to do so.

As a wiser man than I recently posted here, "don't feed the troll." Since you are a bottomless pit of trolldom, I am not going to further engage with you. You will have to bait a new playmate. I will, however, continue to read your fine work.
Big C
UrsaMajor said:

Beg to differ: Seems like you "get" this thread quite well!
smh
bearister said:

When you initially ticked me off with your trolling, false accusation, I went through your post history and was going to copy and paste your "Greatest Hits," so to speak, but out of the kindness of my heart, I declined to do so.

As a wiser man than I recently posted here, "don't feed the troll." Since you are a bottomless pit of trolldom, I am not going to further engage with you. You will have to bait a new playmate. I will, however, continue to read your fine work.
grab from a many years ago Grreat whedonesque Firefly episode, skippable to ~1:50 ish last little bit..

^^^ autoplay fail, but clickable forward.

alt plan B says jump ahead once playing, again to about 1:50 (or not)

bearister
calumnus
My biggest takeaway from this thread is that the site mods apparently don't frequent the basketball board, because if this was on Growls.....
smh
calumnus said:

My biggest takeaway from this thread is that the site mods apparently don't frequent the basketball board, because if this was on Growls.....
Assuming volunteer Moderators (if any) have a life, says here they'd only get involved after complaint(s) were received
# works for me
smh
We doin dance offs B? happens i've got one, (not nearly) slick as Grease.
After rehearsing separately performers got ambushed by bandstands going rogue.
# low-res mashup

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.