What should the Warriors do with the number 2 pick

13,876 Views | 141 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by concordtom
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFBear92 said:

concordtom said:

Jerome far better than that short white kid from Northeastern
Not even close to being as good as Barea. Randle's only plus skill was shooting the 3 and he was an atrocious defender.
Well, their career paths completely support you! Iacknowledge that!
But I'm sticking with my assertion - too much fun cheering with Randle to allow it the other way. (Just like Trump/GOP supporters - vote with their hearts, not their heads). ;-)
concordtom
philbert said:

I haven't really watched Mannion that much. I just hesitate to pass judgment on any player's long-term prospects based on watching some youtube highlights and preseason games. He was a 2nd rounder. He's not expected to be a star right away...or ever.

Can he carve himself a career as a reserve rotation player?
Or will he get eaten up by next year's, and the year after's, draft picks?!?!?!
That's what happened to so many of the hs kids that came out before the 1&done rule. They never made it, never developed enough to get to that "level", and were spit out and done before they even finished maturing.

Now then, Maybe someone will come back years later and link this to my comments on Sabrina Ionescu and laugh. That would be funny. Then I'd have to eat TWO servings of crow. But that's what we are about here on chat boards. Jerome was and still is better than Barea, and Mannion will be find himself playing in Korea or Finland in about 2 years.
concordtom
sluggo said:

philbert said:

I haven't really watched Mannion that much. I just hesitate to pass judgment on any player's long-term prospects based on watching some youtube highlights and preseason games. He was a 2nd rounder. He's not expected to be a star right away...or ever. Can he carve himself a career as a reserve rotation player?
Absolutely not. Bad measurables and bad skills. Made no sense to draft him. That late in the draft is a crapshoot, so you take players that have something going for them and hope they can fill in the rest. But there is nothing to point to with him.
Agreement and disagreement.
Blah blah blah, rant rant rant. Opinions galore. It's what all the great sports talk shows are about.
In this case, Sluggo and I happen to be right.
:-)

Wiseman, on the other hand.... I think it was Marcus Thompson, Bay Area sportswriter, who said perhaps 3-4 months ago that some brass (I think on the warriors?) felt he could be HOF material. That's a hot take I'm digging right about now! :-)
Obviously, the W's didn't want to say too much too loudly too early on that one, let the Timberwolves be swayed into a trade.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.