What's going on with baseball?

2,350 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Shocky1
eastcoastcal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Haven't been able to catch up with our conference games. What happened?! 2-7 in conference???
OsoDorado
eastcoastcal said:

Haven't been able to catch up with our conference games. What happened?! 2-7 in conference???
Here's what's going on with baseball: Mike Neu and Jim Knowlton. Nothing is going to change without a change at the top.

In a previous post, I suggested myself as the next Head Coach (and promised we would be in the College World Series regularly within a few years,) but realistically that ship has sailed because I have more important priorities.

However, I would be a good consultant in the search for the next coach, and would gladly do it pro bono. No need for a bureaucratic Head-hunting team. Just leave it up to me.
calbearinamaze
CAL lost final game to OSU 2-1.
Walk, error, wild pitch in B9th.

Team Batting Average only .221 (last year .288)

GO BEARS!!!
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
tpender
Lousy pitching, weak hitting, and poor defense otherwise excellent
Baller4
OsoDorado said:

eastcoastcal said:

Here's what's going on with baseball: Mike Neu and Jim Knowlton. Nothing is going to change without a change at the top.

In a previous post, I suggested myself as the next Head Coach (and promised we would be in the College World Series regularly within a few years,) but realistically that ship has sailed because I have more important priorities.

However, I would be a good consultant in the search for the next coach, and would gladly do it pro bono. No need for a bureaucratic Head-hunting team. Just leave it up to me.
Consult on what???? Quickly you turn on your savior of baseball. There are receipts!!!!

OsoDorado
In reply to Holmoephobic 4:09p, 5/19/15

Quote:

Holmoephobic;842498095 said:
I suppose if we get to the CWS it will be 100% Nue and 0% Esquer.

Right now, our biggest strength is our pitching, thanks to Coach Neu.

Our team has a chance to make it to the CWS even if nothing changes administratively but it will be a lot easier if Esquer allows Neu to make ALL the decisions, including [U]setting the defense[/U] and [U]determining the line-up[/U].

I doubt Esquer has the wisdom to let Neu take complete control, but he would certainly deserve credit if he did.
OsoDorado
Baller4 said:

OsoDorado said:

eastcoastcal said:

Consult on what???? Quickly you turn on your savior of baseball. There are receipts!!!!

OsoDorado

Quote:

Our team has a chance to make it to the CWS even if nothing changes administratively but it will be a lot easier if Esquer allows Neu to make ALL the decisions, including [U]setting the defense[/U] and [U]determining the line-up[/U].

I doubt Esquer has the wisdom to let Neu take complete control, but he would certainly deserve credit if he did.
Did you see the date of that post?

2015 was a long time ago, when Neu still deserved the benefit of the doubt. After all, wasn't he hired by your guy Esquer?
Baller4
OsoDorado said:

Baller4 said:

OsoDorado said:

eastcoastcal said:

OsoDorado

Quote:

2015 was a long time ago, when Neu still deserved the benefit of the doubt. After all, wasn't he hired by your guy Esquer?
What does it matter, your words, that Neu was the one who was going to take this program to the CWS. This your receipt, and now you are trying to say it was because it was back in 2015. Nice try. YOUR WORDS, in the end, you are so full of it, and now you have to eat it. Maybe Neu needs to recruit more Latin players!!!!

coachdeke
Baller4 said:

OsoDorado said:

Baller4 said:

OsoDorado said:

eastcoastcal said:

OsoDorado

Quote:

What does it matter, your words, that Neu was the one who was going to take this program to the CWS. This your receipt, and now you are trying to say it was because it was back in 2015. Nice try. YOUR WORDS, in the end, you are so full of it, and now you have to eat it. Maybe Neu needs to recruit more Latin players!!!!

#winning
JimSox
Well they had one terrific pitcher in Ian May, but he got hurt.
Anyway the Bears beat Ariz. State tonight on a walkoff HR in the ninth to even that series at 1-1.
Baller4
OsoDorado said:

eastcoastcal said:

Here are some more receipts for you, this is when Neu left for UOP. Your proven success had a record of 40-65 in his 2 years at UOP before hired back. Please, don't let the date of your receipts think you are off the hook. Proof of how FOS you are!! Oh, and your baseball savior, lost another series today!

OsoDorado
In reply to calbearsfan 9:54p, 7/20/15

From the article:

"Prior to Cal, Neu was head coach at Diablo Valley College from 2009-11, leading his team to a 87-41 mark (.680) with two Big 8 Conference titles in three years. His 2011 squad was ranked No. 1 in Northern California and [U]his pitching staff led all the California Community Colleges with a 2.13 team ERA[/U]."

This is a proven record of success. Too bad we didn't hire him instead.
Shocky1
honestly the baseball program should be shuttered with all schollys honored thru graduation & evans diamond repurposed for the greater good, the reduction in schollys would allow the financially underwater athletic department to rightsize the department with an equal number of schollys reduced in women's sports while remaining title ix compliant...yeah the dumb azz con artist did a deal with stu gordon for a couple more years to keep baseball on life support but stu is a true golden bear & also a savvy business (lawyer) person who can understand there's no future for baseball in berkeley
OsoDorado
Baller4 said:

OsoDorado said:

eastcoastcal said:

Here are some more receipts for you, this is when Neu left for UOP. Your proven success had a record of 40-65 in his 2 years at UOP before hired back. Please, don't let the date of your receipts think you are off the hook. Proof of how FOS you are!! Oh, and your baseball savior, lost another series today!

OsoDorado

From the article:

"Prior to Cal, Neu was head coach at Diablo Valley College from 2009-11, leading his team to a 87-41 mark (.680) with two Big 8 Conference titles in three years. His 2011 squad was ranked No. 1 in Northern California and [U]his pitching staff led all the California Community Colleges with a 2.13 team ERA[/U]."

Again, 2015 was a long time ago, when Neu still deserved the benefit of the doubt.

In a previous post I noted you served as the Ballboy for the Stanford team when your guy Esquer was an infielder. I hear you've been promoted to Batboy now that he's manager.
Baller4
OsoDorado said:

Baller4 said:

OsoDorado said:

eastcoastcal said:

OsoDorado

From the article:

Again, 2015 was a long time ago, when Neu still deserved the benefit of the doubt.

In a previous post I noted you served as the Ballboy for the Stanford team when your guy Esquer was an infielder. I hear you've been promoted to Batboy now that he's manager.
You are so weak, doesn't matter how long ago. Batboy, yeah that is a good one!!!!

In the past six years, how many times has this program been ranked in the top 25??? You are just as stupid as Trump. Receipts are all over the place proving your are FOS!!!! What happened to the proven record of success???? What happened to Neu is the only one who will take this program to the CWS??? All the recent professional players on the left field wall, none of those were Neu's, yet you give him credit for them, and he sure is taking the credit. You have nowhere to hide now!!!!!

More of your K-Tel greatest hits coming!!!!!!! What a Mook!!!
Baller4
Shocky1 said:

honestly the baseball program should be shuttered with all schollys honored thru graduation & evans diamond repurposed for the greater good, the reduction in schollys would allow the financially underwater athletic department to rightsize the department with an equal number of schollys reduced in women's sports while remaining title ix compliant...yeah the dumb azz con artist did a deal with stu gordon for a couple more years to keep baseball on life support but stu is a true golden bear & also a savvy business (lawyer) person who can understand there's no future for baseball in berkeley
No one in baseball is given a full ride. Baseball is limited in regards to scholarships. If Stu Gordon didn't think there was a future, the program would have folded back in 2011. Gordon saw baseball on the rise, back then, and I am sure he did not expect it to take this type of a turn. I am sure to keep him engaged in raising money, they named the Evans after him.
Baller4
Baller4 said:

OsoDorado said:

Baller4 said:

OsoDorado said:

eastcoastcal said:

OsoDorado

From the article:

You are so weak, doesn't matter how long ago. Batboy, yeah that is a good one!!!!

In the past six years, how many times has this program been ranked in the top 25??? You are just as stupid as Trump. Receipts are all over the place proving your are FOS!!!! What happened to the proven record of success???? What happened to Neu is the only one who will take this program to the CWS??? All the recent professional players on the left field wall, none of those were Neu's, yet you give him credit for them, and he sure is taking the credit. You have nowhere to hide now!!!!!

With all the complaining you did before. You seem to be very quiet about the current situation. But here is another oldie but a goodie.

Your MTG style campaign to bring Neu as the head coach, cannot be ignored!!!!! You were on your soapbox and screaming from the top of your lungs. Funny how you don't want to answer my question about how many times has this program been ranked in the past 6 years. Let me also add, how many post season appearnces with your baseball savior? But the batboy joke is something you are very proud of. Good to see that Cal piece of paper is going to good use!

Why are you not on your soapbox now??

I will be sure to let the AD know that you are available for future FOS consulting!!!!

OsoDorado
In reply to OBear073akaSMFan 11:11a, 4/13/15

Here's what we should do if we really want to support our team:

[U]Fire Esquer NOW[/U] and [U]hire Mike Neu !![/U]
OsoDorado
Baller4 said:

Baller4 said:

OsoDorado said:

Baller4 said:

OsoDorado said:

eastcoastcal said:

OsoDorado

From the article:

With all the complaining you did before. You seem to be very quiet about the current situation. But here is another oldie but a goodie.

Your MTG style campaign to bring Neu as the head coach, cannot be ignored!!!!! You were on your soapbox and screaming from the top of your lungs. Funny how you don't want to answer my question about how many times has this program been ranked in the past 6 years. Let me also add, how many post season appearnces with your baseball savior? But the batboy joke is something you are very proud of. Good to see that Cal piece of paper is going to good use!

Why are you not on your soapbox now??

I will be sure to let the AD know that you are available for future FOS consulting!!!!

OsoDorado
In reply to OBear073akaSMFan 11:11a, 4/13/15

Here's what we should do if we really want to support our team:

[U]Fire Esquer NOW[/U] and [U]hire Mike Neu !![/U]
I'm glad you acknowledge my Cal "piece of paper" in Applied Math. I will give you credit because I'm hearing your guy Esquer has now promoted you from Batboy to bullpen catcher.
Shocky1
Baller4 said:

Shocky1 said:

No one in baseball is given a full ride. Baseball is limited in regards to scholarships. If Stu Gordon didn't think there was a future, the program would have folded back in 2011. Gordon saw baseball on the rise, back then, and I am sure he did not expect it to take this type of a turn. I am sure to keep him engaged in raising money, they named the Evans after him.
baller, title ix compliance does not track with schollys, it measures "counters" which is the # of players on the roster

so the failing baseball program got 36 counters on the current roster of which only 2 are black, it's basically an admissions loophole for white guys from middle class backgrounds to gain berkeley admissions before losing a lotta games at evans which is wasted valuable ground

if baseball is discontinued with all schollys honored thru graduation then 36 women's counters can also be reduced, this is critical for a financially unsustainable athletic department unless the con artist decides to assume debt which will never get paid back but he'll long be gone from berkeley while earning his $1,300,000+ annual salary
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.