2025 Swim Recruits

9,964 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by OBear073akaSMFan
LegoBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Noticed she was visiting at one of the football games. Amazing class and hopefully Durden has led us past the McKeever ugliness.

tedbear said:

https://swimswam.com/2-recruit-in-class-of-2025-teagan-odell-chooses-cal-golden-bears-grab-1-2-3-in-the-class/
Dream Team 2
HBear
https://swimswam.com/cals-womens-class-of-2025-is-shaping-up-as-one-of-the-best-in-history/

Title says it all. Exciting times ahead!
OBear073akaSMFan
..and the comment section the writer thinks Cal has another top-20 lined up. ..And the beat goes on..
OBear073akaSMFan
Schroeder71
Fantastic news! The class of 2025 brings back memories when Cal & Stanford landed the top five swimmers in the nation. GO BEARS!
LegoBear
The assistant coach Joshua Huger posted that they were not done either so hopefully.

OBear073akaSMFan said:

..and the comment section the writer thinks Cal has another top-20 lined up. ..And the beat goes on..
philbert
so glad that McKeever is gone
OBear073akaSMFan
philbert said:

Her departure should had happened long ago! 10 years ago when we recruited the fab four & won the ncaa their freshmen year & I believe coach Teri was soon the Olympic coach, with all these accolades we should had been signing recruits like mad. Nada. We did get some single outstanding recruits here & there but nothing like 10 yrs ago. Think there were lots of negative recruiting going on with coach Teri. It's great to see us return to glory!
coachdeke
OBear073akaSMFan said:

philbert said:

Her departure should had happened long ago! 10 years ago when we recruited the fab four & won the ncaa their freshmen year & I believe coach Teri was soon the Olympic coach, with all these accolades we should had been signing recruits like mad. Nada. We did get some single outstanding recruits here & there but nothing like 10 yrs ago. Think there were lots of negative recruiting going on with coach Teri. It's great to see us return to glory!
I didn't realize you were Nostradamus. You would have fired her after one of the greatest recruiting classes in history-really?
HBear
CAL WOMEN HIT AGAIN: #7 ANNIE JIA COMMITS TO GOLDEN BEARS FOR FALL 2025

Quote:

The Cal women have hit again on their historic class of 2025, with the 7th-ranked recruit in the country Annie Jia announcing her verbal commitment to the Golden Bears. This gives Cal commitments from the #1, #2, #3, #7, #13, and a handful of "Best of the Rest" ranked recruits.

OBear073akaSMFan
HBear said:

CAL WOMEN HIT AGAIN: #7 ANNIE JIA COMMITS TO GOLDEN BEARS FOR FALL 2025

Quote:

The Cal women have hit again on their historic class of 2025, with the 7th-ranked recruit in the country Annie Jia announcing her verbal commitment to the Golden Bears. This gives Cal commitments from the #1, #2, #3, #7, #13, and a handful of "Best of the Rest" ranked recruits.
Wow!

OBear073akaSMFan
coachdeke said:

OBear073akaSMFan said:

philbert said:

I didn't realize you were Nostradamus. You would have fired her after one of the greatest recruiting classes in history-really?
No way I was saying to fire coach Teri. There were lots of positives during this time period of the these recruits, which included recruiting the fab4, winning the NCAAs in prior year, & even Teri becoming head & assist Olympic coach but the recruiting seem to hit a snag for those 10 after the fab 4. Yes we did get recruits & there were exceptional ie.Stadden, Ivey but IMO there were some reasons why many more higher ranked recruits were going else where. I did question this in previous threads about negative recruiting against coach Teri which I think was the reason why are recruiting stalled. I think the University should had (yes..shoulda, woulda, & coulda) investigated earlier and not let some investigative news reporter start the ball rolling 10 years later.
Schroeder71
How many are members of the talented 2025 recruit class? Is there a maximum for women's swimming?
GO BEARS!
SanseiBear
Schroeder71 said:

How many are members of the talented 2025 recruit class? Is there a maximum for women's swimming?
GO BEARS!
This website says 14 for division 1. Scholarships
Polodad
No max on numbers. The constraint is always on scholly $ available.
swimmer19
On the men's side, SwimSwam #11 Ryan Erisman and HM Julien Rousseau -> Cal

Erisman is on the US National Junior Team and a mid-distance standout from Florida, Rousseau is the top CA recruit and a distance standout out of San Diego.
OBear073akaSMFan
swimmer19 said:

On the men's side, SwimSwam #11 Ryan Erisman and HM Julien Rousseau -> Cal

Erisman is on the US National Junior Team and a mid-distance standout from Florida, Rousseau is the top CA recruit and a distance standout out of San Diego.
Couldn't find any announcement on Ryan Erisman's commitment. Saw Julien's but is Ryan for sure?
solobear
Erisman

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cz1j2Yepfpi/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
OBear073akaSMFan
Thanks
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.