Women's Swim Recruiting: Class of 2016

158,028 Views | 423 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by UrsusArctosCalifornicus
PalyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know this is the Women's recruiting thread but seeing the graphic above, I'm curious to know why Maxime Rooney would go to Florida. With those grades he should be able to get into Cal and LSJU, get excellent coaching and a world class education. Does he want to leave the Bay Area? Were we not interested? Scholarship?
dgong
I agree this is a bit of a head scratcher. Asian heritage usually results in academic reputation being a large factor in college choice. Florida is a decent school, especially if one is going to live in the South, but it's no Cal or Stanford. I would assume he had a great visit and he felt comfortable with the team and his fit as a student.

I do not have any recruiting inside dope, but hard to believe both Cal and the Farm were not recruiting Rooney.

Maybe both local swim powers are still in the mix, so I really do not want to be seen crapping on this kid's choice, as it his life.
BearDevil
PalyBear;842539706 said:

I know this is the Women's recruiting thread but seeing the graphic above, I'm curious to know why Maxime Rooney would go to Florida. With those grades he should be able to get into Cal and LSJU, get excellent coaching and a world class education. Does he want to leave the Bay Area? Were we not interested? Scholarship?

No real mystery why Rooney would pass on the farm-still gets top recruits, but they rarely improve. Princeton (Corey Okubo, Cole Buese) have passed them up as a purely academic pick for swimming. Harvard (Sonia Wang, Brittany Usinger) occupies that position for women.

Both Cal teams and LSJU women are the best swimming/academic combos. Rooney looks like America's next great middle distance swimmer and thinks UF can develop him. Caleb Dressel is a great sprinter who can help his speed. Florida's Gregg Troy is brutal and has a ton of transfers, but he does get results with some high end talent (Lochte, Beisel). Still kinda think Maxime will eventually end up at Cal, but I also thought Okubo would leave Princeton after last season.

Rooney's really close to his Pleasanton Seahawks teammates who've taken some lumps at Cal. Breed was a Captain, but her career was hampered by injuries. Li's done pretty well, but still had a rough NCAAs last season. Silverthorn had a bumpy frosh year.

Rooney's also close with freshman Ken Takahaski. Bears would take Jensen in a heartbeat if he wanted to commit now, but still think the Bears will wait out every other sprinter to see if they can flip Rooney before signing day.
BearDevil
tedbear;842532490 said:

Lost in all the Taylor Ruck hype is another Canadian who performed really well, Penny Oleksiak. Second in the 50 Fly, second in the 100 Fly, second in the 100 Free, and big contributor to five different relay teams. Looks like her and Ruck are about the same age. That would be a "Dream" package deal in 2018.

Much has already been said about Taylor Ruck, but I wanted to summarize her performances here. First in the 100 Free, first in the 200 Free, sixth in the 100 Back, third in the 200 Back, and contributor to five different relays. Taylor tried to pull off some crazy as doubles, including a five swim day on Day 3 of the meet. She definitely has the potential to be the next superstar of women's swimming.

Great observation, tedbear. Penny Olesiak has registered for College Swimming, class of 2018 recruit so she's interested in swimming for an American college. Only has a few SCM times, but her times as a rising sophomore are not too far off from Katie Drabot's current best times in the 50/100/200 Frees. Also a stud flyer.

Her brother plays in the NHL and is 6'7". He played college hockey at Northeastern. Native English speaker, from a family familiar with American college sports. Potentially two Canadians in the top five recruits in 2018. Noemie needs to get to work on her.
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
BearDevil;842540145 said:

Noemie needs to get to work on her.

:beer:
[COLOR="#006699"][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]
Team Canada's shaping up to be quite a global force with the rise of Taylor, Penny, Emily Overholt & Sydney Pickrem (not to forget our very own Noemie of course)!

Agree that Taylor & Penny have the makings of a dream package for 2018 should they wish to compete stateside @ the collegiate level!
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
------

[COLOR="#006400"][SIZE=5]Teenage swimming sensation Penny Oleksiak aiming to represent Canada[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[U]Tue, Mar 31[/U]: After her record-setting performance at the Provincial high school championships, Toronto swimmer Penny Oleksiak now has her sights set on bigger goals. Rob Leth reports.

[COLOR="#FFA500"][SIZE=3]VIDEO[/SIZE] ->[/COLOR] http://globalnews.ca/video/embed/1913902/

------
PalyBear
BearDevil;842539799 said:

No real mystery why Rooney would pass on the farm-still gets top recruits, but they rarely improve. Princeton (Corey Okubo, Cole Buese) have passed them up as a purely academic pick for swimming. Harvard (Sonia Wang, Brittany Usinger) occupies that position for women.

Both Cal teams and LSJU women are the best swimming/academic combos. Rooney looks like America's next great middle distance swimmer and thinks UF can develop him. Caleb Dressel is a great sprinter who can help his speed. Florida's Gregg Troy is brutal and has a ton of transfers, but he does get results with some high end talent (Lochte, Beisel). Still kinda think Maxime will eventually end up at Cal, but I also thought Okubo would leave Princeton after last season.

Rooney's really close to his Pleasanton Seahawks teammates who've taken some lumps at Cal. Breed was a Captain, but her career was hampered by injuries. Li's done pretty well, but still had a rough NCAAs last season. Silverthorn had a bumpy frosh year.

Rooney's also close with freshman Ken Takahaski. Bears would take Jensen in a heartbeat if he wanted to commit now, but still think the Bears will wait out every other sprinter to see if they can flip Rooney before signing day.

Thanks BD for the info. Nice to hear there is a chance we can flip him. Go Bears!
barabbas
BearDevil;842539799 said:

I wouldn't think that the women's training would have much influence on a male recruit. From all I've heard Breed's experience at Cal has been very good.
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
tedbear;842539172 said:

-Meghan went to Tennessee which is a surprise because Georgia was in her final four list. Also she seems to have dropped the Furd, and is leaning toward Cal.

[COLOR="#006699"][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Meghan was last spotted leaving out of an airport early this morning (Fri), so chances are she's flying out to... Cal?
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
----------

tedbear;842539172 said:

-Katie went to Georgia, which is a surprise because she has always mentioned Cal and the Furd as her favorites.

[COLOR="#006699"][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Hope we'll catch a glimpse of Katie D at the game as well (tedbear, you're going to scout it out? :p). Latest rumour has it that LSJU's making a strong play for both Claire & Katie D... *boo*
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
----------

tedbear;842539172 said:

-Allie Szekeley was at Georgia, and has also been to Virginia. No known Cal interest.

Allie Szekely - [COLOR="#696969"]11 Sept 2015[/COLOR] @ [COLOR="#808080"]Hood, Virginia[/COLOR]
Gangster for life, till the day I die [SIZE=4]��[/SIZE]

Allie Szekely - [COLOR="#696969"]13 Sept 2015[/COLOR] @ [COLOR="#808080"]University of Virginia[/COLOR]
MA reppin @ UVA #gohoos [SIZE=4]������[/SIZE]

[COLOR="#808080"]Sam Magnan, Allie, Zach Fong [/COLOR]

----------

tedbear;842539172 said:

-Horejsi was at Tennessee. No known Cal interest.

Lindsey Horejsi - [COLOR="#696969"]12 Sept 2015[/COLOR]
Bleed maroon and gold ��❤️

----------

tedbear;842539172 said:

-No new info on Mann, Voss, or Nelson

Christina Lappin - [COLOR="#696969"]13 Sept 2015[/COLOR]
Thank you Michigan swim&dive team for making this a trip I will never forget. GO BLUE��������〽️

[COLOR="#808080"]Lili Maracas, ??, [U][COLOR="#000000"]Erin Voss[/COLOR][/U], Olga Lapteva, Christina Lappin, Ali DeLoof, Madison Preiss [/COLOR]

----------

Maxime Rooney - [COLOR="#696969"]12 Sept 2015[/COLOR]
Can't wait to wear the Gator cap next year! GAME DAY BABY GO GATORS #GatorPride

[COLOR="#808080"]Maxime (2016 commit), Chandler Bray (2016 recruit, Avon, IN), Sherridon Dressel (2016 recruit, Bolles, FL), Tori Bindi (2016 recruit, Club Sailfish, FL), Savanna Faulconer (2016 commit - Y-Spartaquatics, SC)[/COLOR]

Savanna Faulconer - [COLOR="#696969"]13 Sept 2015[/COLOR] @ [COLOR="#808080"]University of Florida[/COLOR]
Rainesville ��

[COLOR="#808080"]Savanna Faulconer, Kelsey Dambacher, Kelly Ann ? [/COLOR]

----------

Kaitlin Harty - [COLOR="#696969"]12 Sept 2015[/COLOR]
Waaaaaaaaar Eagle, Hey!

[COLOR="#808080"]Gwen Worlton (2016 recruit, Schroeder YMCA, WI), Kaitlin Harty (2016 recruit, Greenwood, MA), Marie Yacopino (2016 recruit, North Penn), etc.[/COLOR]

----------

UrsusArctosCalifornicus;842514259 said:

Have already discussed Moriah (Pleasanton Seahawks) & Chenoa (Davis), but another low-risk high-upside local that tedbear had included in his OP post is Maddie Murphy from Orinda (Crow Canyon Sharks), whose sprint free & fly prowess would always come in handy with some more development.

[COLOR="#808080"]Maddie Murphy[/COLOR]

[COLOR="#808080"]Maddie Murphy & Tatum Wade[/COLOR]

----------

BearDevil;842539583 said:

Definitely surprised that Adams, Mann, and Lauren Case (all with Georgia ties) didn't visit.

Guess Lauren was casing the Louisville Cardinals yesterday?
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Lauren Case - [COLOR="#696969"]12 Sept 2015[/COLOR] @ [COLOR="#808080"]Papa John's Cardinal Stadium[/COLOR]
GA recruits taking on UofL [SIZE=4]��[/SIZE]

[COLOR="#808080"]Alex Taylor & Lauren Case[/COLOR]

----------

tedbear;842539172 said:

-Marsh possibly going to the Furd

[COLOR="#006699"][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Or reuniting with Nora McCullagh @ Carol Capitani's group? Lauren also being wooed by the 'horns...
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Lauren Case - [COLOR="#696969"]5 Sept 2015[/COLOR] @ [COLOR="#808080"]The University of Texas at Austin[/COLOR]

I L❤️VE Alyssa and ATX ������

[COLOR="#808080"][COLOR="#000000"]Alyssa Marsh[/COLOR] & Lauren Case[/COLOR]

----------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
tedbear;842539172 said:

-Hannah Cox is going to the Arizona in two weeks, and is really close to her Team USA roommate, Kennedy Lohman. No known connection to Cal

------

Katie Drabot - [COLOR="#696969"]12 Sept 2015[/COLOR] @ [COLOR="#0099cc"]UC Berkeley[/COLOR]
Keep calm and stay golden [SIZE=4]������[/SIZE]

[COLOR="#ff9900"]??, Anina Lund, Hannah Cox, Keaton Blovad, Katie Drabot, Meghan Small[/COLOR]

https://instagr.am/p/7jPej8EQ3K
[COLOR="#FF0000"][SIZE=3]Update[/SIZE][/COLOR]: ^^ above photo of all the Cal recruits has now been deleted by Drabot from her account...

Anina Lund's info - looks like she may be a distance freestyler: http://www.collegeswimming.com/swimmer/243856/
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

------

Meghan Small - [COLOR="#696969"]12 Sept 2015[/COLOR] @ [COLOR="#0099cc"]UC Berkeley[/COLOR]
[SIZE=4]������[/SIZE]

[COLOR="#696969"][U]kt[/U]: YESS :') obsessed!!! #gobears [SIZE=4]��������[/SIZE][/COLOR]

------

Hannah Cox - [COLOR="#696969"]13 Sept 2015[/COLOR] @ [COLOR="#0099cc"]California Memorial Stadium[/COLOR]
hostess with the mostest [SIZE=4]☺️[/SIZE] and @amybilquist too

[COLOR="#696969"][U]Amy[/U]: [SIZE=4]☺️��[/SIZE]
[U]Kelly[/U]: Go Bears!! [SIZE=4]������������[/SIZE]
[U]Jack Connors[/U]: You have literally gone from Singapore to NH to Cali in like a week and a half
[/COLOR]

------

Keaton Blovad - [COLOR="#696969"]13 Sept 2015[/COLOR]
My 6'2" white friend. Love u Billy

[COLOR="#696969"][U]Billy aka Amy[/U]: Much love K-Town [SIZE=4]��[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Keaton Blovad - [COLOR="#696969"]12 Sept 2015[/COLOR]
So happy to be a baby bear [SIZE=4]������������[/SIZE]

------
tedbear
UrsusArctosCalifornicus;842542368 said:

------

Katie Drabot - [COLOR="#696969"]12 Sept 2015[/COLOR] @ [COLOR="#0099cc"]UC Berkeley[/COLOR]
Keep calm and stay golden [SIZE=4]������[/SIZE]

[COLOR="#808080"]?, Anina Lund, Hannah Cox, Keaton Blovad, Katie Drabot, Meghan Small[/COLOR]

Anina Lund's info: http://www.collegeswimming.com/swimmer/243856/
(looks like she may be a mid to distance freestyler?)
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

------

Meghan Small - [COLOR="#696969"]12 Sept 2015[/COLOR] @ [COLOR="#0099cc"]UC Berkeley[/COLOR]
[SIZE=4]������[/SIZE]

[COLOR="#696969"][U]kt[/U]: YESS :') obsessed!!! #gobears [SIZE=4]��������[/SIZE][/COLOR]

------

Yaaaay! Great find UAC! See, I didn't need to go to the game after all. Hahaha! Feeling really good about our chances with Katie and Meghan. Really hope Hannah joins them too. Abbey, Katie, Meghan, Keaton, and Hannah would be the perfect DreamTeam2016. Do we even have enough scholly money for all of them? I wonder if the girl to the far left is a breaststroker? Oh, and for everyone else not named BearDevil or UAC, it is very likely that Claire Adams is heading to LSJU. Denial ---> Acceptance
BearDevil
Really like the potential mix of Abbey, KB, Small, Drabot, and Cox. Would be a tight squeeze to get all five, but any two of Small, Drabot, and Cox works. Lots of flexibility in both relays and individual events. Kinda thought Cox was a pipe dream with no Cal ties so especially stoked to see her in the mix.

New PAC-12 scholly will guarantee a floor which will help with out of state recruits. Big Ten is the only other conference that can offer that. Pretty rough for Wisconsin since it looks like none of Drabot, Beata, and Jernberg will swim for the Badgers. IN's taken a beating too-only Lilly King stayed in state. Hannah House, Aly Tetzloff, Amy, Burchill, and Adams left/going out of state. 2017 flyer Hannah Kuk may be headed to the Bay too,
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
-------

Fallon Brown - [COLOR="#696969"]13 Sept 2015[/COLOR]
Proud of @erikabrown27 [SIZE=4]����[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]SwimMAC's Erika Brown Verbally Commits to Tennessee[/SIZE]

http://swimswam.com/swimmacs-erika-brown-verbally-commits-to-tennessee/

-------

[COLOR="#006699"][SIZE=5]Sprinter Tevyn Waddell Picks Minnesota Golden Gophers For College[/SIZE][/COLOR]

http://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/news/sprinter-tevyn-waddell-picks-minnesota-golden-gophers-for-college/

-------
BearDevil
Not sure, but Alyssa Marsh's mom and Texas coach Carol Capitani may have been teammates at Cal.
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
Next couple of weeks should be really interesting, as commitments should start to come in...

If memory serves, Katie McL had verbaled straightaway (that very Sunday of the recuiting weekend) back in 2014. Kathleen followed suit just over a week later, Amy the following month, and Abbey finally in Nov after a rather agonising wait haha (on Teri's end I'm sure, as at our's lol).

Really chuffed that Katie Drabot & Meghan Small had visited the campus just as we had all anticipated/hoped, and further psyched that Hannah Cox joined in the recruiting fun here! :beer:

The studly trio are without a doubt the top 2016 targets for us, with Meghan & Katie as "must-haves" if Bears are to stay on top against the relentless tide of the Furd's surging ascendency, Georgia not lying down as also-rans after last year's recruiting stumble, and the growing threat of traditional Pac-12 powers U$C & UofA with their massive incoming classes.

Can't take things ever for granted, but really really hoping that Meghan will be partial to donning the blue & gold colours, though she's also considering the Vols, the Card, and Trojans... *anxious*

Katie D. has been looking a sure bet to be swimming in the Bay Area for some time now (see the "[U]Women's Swim Recruits[/U]" thread). However, contrary to my prior reading of her collegiate leanings, I'm no longer quite as confident of Drabot being a done deal for Cal, seeing that the Cardinal & UGA are also in the running (latter possibly more as a backup or to strengthen her hand when it comes to offers from Teri or Greg?). Well hopefully it's just jittery nerves on my part lol!

Hannah came to our attention relatively late (cheers BD for your perceptive spotting), but she really made her mark @ Jr Worlds in Singapore and I'd for one would love, love to welcome her as a baby :bear:!!

[COLOR="#808080"]??, Anina Lund, Hannah Cox, Keaton Blovad, Katie Drabot, Meghan Small[/COLOR]

Brilliant to see a distance prospect who has completely flown under our radar, Anina... Lund could become a valuable asset now that Becca Mann doesn't appear to be heading our way, Erin Voss was feeling out the Mich Wolverines, Kirsten Jacobsen visited 'Zona & IU, and Megan Byrnes has already been committed to the farm. Also a worrisome bit of uncertainty hovering over Cierra's return after the Olympics...

If it's any compensation, don't think Becca was checking out the Bulldawgs last week, hmmm could be a UM candidate I suppose? Not likely being sought by Meehan either, seeing that Mann's home schooled and a certain Katie Ledecky's supposedly coming in after Rio. LSJU's already distance-bloated with Leah Stevens & incoming furdette Megan.

Also in the mix, a Mystery Recruit who tedbear's praying will turn out to be a breaststroker with some potential now that Lindsey Horejsi (Vols + Golden Gopher visits) & Allie Szekely (UVa, maybe UGA but less likely) have their sights set elsewhere, and Kennedy Lohman's bearing down to Wildcat country with Savanna Faulconer chomping to be a baby gator.

Keep in mind that of the sought-after [U]2015 prospects[/U] who visited 6 Sept 2014, Ella Eastin -> Stanfurd, Kirsten Vose -> Troy, 2015 Mystery Recruit -> ??...so it'd be rather unrealistic to expect everyone of the uncommitted [U]2016 recruits[/U] from that group shot at the UCSD game to end up signing up as baby :bear:s...but OTOH, not totally impossible... :p

As BearDevil had reminded on multiple occasions, smashing as it would be to welcome a dream class comprising of [U]Katie, Meghan & Hannah[/U] to the fold, Teri may have to get awfully creative to fit all three, on top of the other 2 visitors from that group pose (Anina + 2016 Mystery Recruit), into her budget alongside commit Keaton, a deferred Abbey & blue-shirted Cierra next year (not to mention transfer Valerie this season).

If all three are seriously interested, do have absolute faith in Mother T making it happen somehow !

:gobears:
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

UrsusArctosCalifornicus;842522002 said:

--------

[video=youtube;cMLInZEVfuE][/video]

[SIZE=4][COLOR="#800080"]UPDATE[/COLOR][/SIZE]: Well after watching Claire's interview above, guess we can forget about her becoming a :bear: :bawl: ...looks like she's down to either UT, A&M or UVa... well at least won't be going to the Farm or become a Dawg if that's any consolation for us!

--------

[COLOR="#006699"][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Could have spoken too soon there, as haven't heard of Claire visiting the Horns or Cavs or in fact making any trips thus far AFAIK. She's also conspicuously absent from that Georgia photo featuring Katie D & Allie. btw no signs of Beata Nelson, Becca or GA recruit Lauren Case having visited UGA either...Lauren was over @ UT instead, followed by a trip to Louisville.

Adams did check out the farm in the spring though, so tedbear's nightmare could well become reality, yikes... :nono:
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
BearDevil
Sadly I'm going to have to get with the programme, since I have absolutely no idea what chuffed means...

Small may not be a done deal to Cal, but almost certainly not going to LSJU. They were on her radar in July, but not in September. If Georgia were a priority, they would have been on her list all along and she would have visited Athens over Knoxville the first weekend. 'SC may still be in the mix.

Both LSJU and Cal have the same problem-too many high end recruits chasing too few slots. Bears are trying to juggle Small, Drabot, and Cox and LSJU is trying to juggle Adams, Drabot, and someone else (likely a sprinter). May be the rare season where Bears don't add any locals which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing if three more big fish are part of the deal.

Kinda think Mann might be going to 'SC or going pro. Her future is in open water, not the pool, even though she'd be a great college swimmer.

Doubt Teri adds any major pieces into the mix unless she gets shut out on two of Small, Drabot, and Cox. Getting all three would be tricky. No offense to Anina, but her current times don't merit major money. May really want to go to Cal, and out of state admission is difficult and expensive, but scholly money's already tight.
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
UrsusArctosCalifornicus;842543765 said:

btw no signs of Beata Nelson

[COLOR="#006699"][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Blinking heck, Matt Kredich & Tyler Fenwick would pull off quite a scoop for the Vols if they succeed in landing #1 recruit Meghan Small, #2 Beata Nelson & #10 Lindsey Horejsi (who have all made trips to Knoxville), having already won a verbal from Erika Brown!
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
-------

Beata [COLOR="#696969"]& Emily Allen @ UT[/COLOR]

-------
BearDevil
Looking closer at Anina, she looks a lot like a distance version of Jenna Campbell or Cat Ladd. Not an immediate NCAA qualifier, but has potential to qualify and perhaps eventual score down the line. Has the profile of the ideal local recruit: good grades and some upside potential. Moriah Simonds and Chenoa Devine are very similar to Anina. Valuable pick up for PAC-12s and dual meets.

Curious what the plan is for Cox. Stud middle distance swimmer (200 and 500), 800 relay swimmer, and fills a need in the 400 IM. Won't swim both the 400 IM and 200 Free, so need to see if her third event is the 200 Back or the 1650 (both areas of need). Good complement to Cierra (200/500/1650, 800 Relay), Small (400 IM, 200 Free, 800 Relay, 200 Back), Drabot (500/200 Free, 800 Relay), or Anina/Simonds/Devine (500/1650). Really versatile recruit in the classic Teri mode.
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
BearBackerinLA;842546152 said:

http://www.ocvarsity.com/ocvarsity/light-80076-cal-mater.html

OBear073akaSMFan;842546173 said:

Nice find. She is ranked #142 by Swimswam. Guessing minimum scholarship money, if any at all.

[COLOR="#006699"][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Cheers BearBackerinLA, this had completely slipped by me! :beer:

Well no mention as yet on SwimSwam, SwimmingWorld or CollegeSwimming either: http://www.collegeswimming.com/team/110

Aislinn hails from SOCAL Aquatics, same club as Ella & Emily Eastin. Ranked [U]#18[/U] in CA, and [U]#141[/U] nationally on CollegeSwimming.

http://www.collegeswimming.com/swimmer/383441/

A very warm welcome to the :bear: family goes out of course to Aislinn here! :gobears:

[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
BearDevil
Interesting timing on the commit since doesn't appear Light visited last weekend with the other recruits. Looks like a backstroker with times in the Courtney Mykkanen/Emily Eastin ballpark.
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
BearDevil;842543824 said:

Kinda think Mann might be going to [U]'SC[/U] or going pro. Her future is in open water, not the pool, even though she'd be a great college swimmer.

[COLOR="#006699"][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Early sightings for the weekend:

1) Becca Mann @ [U]USC[/U]

2) Lauren Case @ [U]U of A[/U]

3) Hannah Cox expected to also visit [U]'Zona[/U] but unconfirmed at this point...
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

-------

BearDevil;842538914 said:

Don't doubt that both [COLOR="#696969"](Emily Eastin & Alyssa Marsh)[/COLOR] are being recruited by LSJU, but they're not home until the first weekend in October. Probably talking about a recruit trip to [U]Duke[/U] or Michigan.

4) Kylie Jordan (2016 Duke commit) + Kira Page + Alyssa + Em @ [U]Duke[/U]

-------

5) Claire Adams @ [U]UVA[/U]

-------

6) Maddie Murphy @ [U]UCLA[/U]

-------

[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
UrsusArctosCalifornicus;842544138 said:

Matt Kredich & Tyler Fenwick would pull off quite a scoop for the Vols if they succeed in landing #1 recruit Meghan Small, #2 Beata Nelson & #10 Lindsey Horejsi (who have all made trips to Knoxville), having already won a verbal from Erika Brown!

:bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

-------

Meghan Small - [COLOR="#696969"]20 Sept 2015[/COLOR]

Tennessee here we come ▫️[SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF8C00"]��[/COLOR][/SIZE]

-------
tedbear
UrsusArctosCalifornicus;842550111 said:

:bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

-------

-------

Well UAC, I think you and BD know that I'm not surprised. Now if only Claire can come back into the equation :p.
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
tedbear;842550125 said:

Well UAC, I think you and BD know that I'm not surprised. Now if only Claire can come back into the equation :p.

[COLOR="#006699"][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Yup tedbear you had never been entirely convinced that Meghan would be the most natural of fits for Bears, guess this has been bourned out by her verbal today...

Here's [U]SwimSwam[/U]'s take on Small's commit:
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
-------

[COLOR="#808080"][SIZE=4]#1 Recruit Meghan Small Chooses Tennessee For 2016 And Beyond[/SIZE][/COLOR]

http://swimswam.com/1-recruit-meghan-small-chooses-tennessee-for-2016-and-beyond-0/

-------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
-------

UrsusArctosCalifornicus;842546876 said:

3) Hannah Cox expected to also visit [U]'Zona[/U] but unconfirmed at this point...

Hannah Cox - [COLOR="#696969"]20 Sept 2015[/COLOR] @ [COLOR="#808080"]The University of Arizona[/COLOR]

#beardown

[COLOR="#808080"]Bonnie Brandon & Hannah[/COLOR]

-------

Early sightings for the weekend:

1) Becca Mann @ [U]USC[/U]

[COLOR="#006699"][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Becca also competed in the [U]Tiburon Mile[/U] this morning, finishing 5th overall (2nd fastest woman). Just daydreaming that she may have found the time to visit the campus after her little swim...

http://www.rcptiburonmile.com/raceinfo/results/2015-race-results/

-------

Meanwhile Allie was checking out 'SC:
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Allie Szekely - [COLOR="#696969"]20 Sept 2015[/COLOR] @ [COLOR="#808080"]University of Southern California[/COLOR]

Fight on✌��

-------

Kirsten Jacobsen - [COLOR="#696969"]20 Sept 2015[/COLOR] @ [COLOR="#808080"]University of Virginia[/COLOR]

Football game for trip number 3 ����

[COLOR="#808080"]Sara Stranick & Kirsten[/COLOR]

-------

4) Kylie Jordan (2016 Duke commit) + Kira Page + Alyssa Marsh + Emily Eastin @ [U]Duke[/U]

Looks like that in addition to the above 4, [U]Duke[/U] also hosted Kenisha Liu & Brittany Kampfer over the weekend.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
-------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
Rumour going around that local recruit Chenoa Devine (distance prospect from Davis) + in-state prospect Amy Okada had both officially visited the campus just this weekend!
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
-------

Chenoa Devine

http://www.collegeswimming.com/swimmer/201908/

Devine swims to Junior National Team
http://www.bluedevilhub.com/2015/09/22/devine-swims-to-junior-national-team/

-------

Amy Okada

http://www.collegeswimming.com/swimmer/216387/

-------
BearDevil
Hannah Cox took photos with former Cherry Hill Colorado teammates Naze and Brandon during recruiting trips. Brandon was very vocal about the "unfairness" of having to swim against Missy in high school.
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
BearDevil;842539583 said:

Don't think Georgia is Drabot's or Szekely's first choice, but they can offer the most scholly money because if so many openings due to last year's recruiting misses. Isn't Small's first choice either since she wouldn't have visited SEC rival Tennessee instead. Definitely surprised that Adams, Mann, and Lauren Case (all with Georgia ties) didn't visit.

-------

Carol Capitani - [COLOR="#696969"]21 Sept[/COLOR]
Great day to be a Longhorn!!!

-------

Lauren Case - [COLOR="#696969"]21 Sept[/COLOR] @ [COLOR="#808080"]The University of Texas at Austin[/COLOR]

I am so excited to announce my official commitment to swim for the University of Texas! I can't wait to be a part of such an amazing team, and I am confident that under the leadership of Carol and Roric I will grow as both a swimmer and a person. Thank you so much to my friends, family, coach and teammates who have helped me get to this point! Hook 'em! ������

-------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
BearDevil;842550930 said:

Hannah Cox took photos with former Cherry Hill Colorado teammates Naze and Brandon during recruiting trips. Brandon was very vocal about the "unfairness" of having to swim against Missy in high school.

[COLOR="#006699"][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Ha I recall all too well the massively heated controversy surrounding the whole affair at the time, after the [U]Wall Street Journal[/U] had published this article: http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887324235104578241961511333962

http://jezebel.com/5976240/olympic-gold-medalist-missy-franklin-is-swimming-for-her-high-school-like-its-no-big-deal
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
UrsusArctosCalifornicus;842550111 said:

[COLOR="#006699"][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Interestingly enough, Meghan had made a trip to USC just this weekend as seen here with Conor Dwyer, Allie & Courtney Mykkanen...just prior to announcomg her commitment to the Lady Vols on Sunday:
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
BearDevil
Georgia didn't even get official visits from two high rated recruits (Small and Case) with Georgia ties. Without Cierra and Small, Bears will have a tougher time landing 2017 distance and 400 IM recruits Sierra Schmidt and Courtney Harnish.
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
-------

Lindsey Horejsi - [COLOR="#696969"]22 Sept[/COLOR]

So excited to be verbally committing to 〽️innesota!! Can't wait to see what the future holds! ❤️❤️

-------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
-------

[COLOR="#008080"][SIZE=5]Socal Aquatics’ Aislinn Light Makes Verbal Commitment to Cal Bears[/SIZE][/COLOR]

The [U]California Golden Bears[/U] have received a verbal commitment from in-state standout Aislinn Light. A senior at Mater Dei High School in Santa Ana, California, Light placed fourth in the 100 free (50.80) and fifth in the 100 back (55.39) at 2015 CIF Division I Championships last May. She also led off Mater Dei’s 200 medley relay (26.70) and anchored their 400 free relay (50.60). Light went on to compete in the inaugural California State Championship meet where she won the “B” final of the 100 free in 50.66, and was 7th in the 100 back with 55.50.

Light trains with Coach Steve Pickell at Socal Aquatics Association. Her best times (SCY/LCM) over the past year include:
[INDENT][COLOR="#696969"]• 50 back – 26.46/
• 100 back – 54.81/1:03.98
• 200 back – 1:59.01/2:18.00
• 50 free – 23.59/27.14
• 100 free – 50.66/57.91
• 200 free – 1:51.31/2:08.84[/COLOR][/INDENT]

Light should provide new blood to the Bears’ storied backstroke fleet, which will have lost Missy Franklin, Melanie Klaren, Rachel Bootsma, Elizabeth Pelton, Kelly Naze, and Alicia Grima by the time she starts. Light will join an equally impressive backstroke group consisting of new (2015-16) freshmen Kathleen Baker and Amy Bilquist as well as returning veterans Jasmine Mau, Catherine Ladd, and Kristin Vredeveld. Light’s best 100 back time would have made the “B” final at 2015 Pac-12 Championships and her 200 back would have been on the A/B bubble.

http://swimswam.com/socal-aquatics-aislinn-light-makes-verbal-commitment-to-cal-bears/

-------
BearsObserver
we knew this for a week now. :-)

UrsusArctosCalifornicus;842552486 said:

-------

[COLOR="#008080"][SIZE=5]Socal Aquatics’ Aislinn Light Makes Verbal Commitment to Cal Bears[/SIZE][/COLOR]

The [U]California Golden Bears[/U] have received a verbal commitment from in-state standout Aislinn Light. A senior at Mater Dei High School in Santa Ana, California, Light placed fourth in the 100 free (50.80) and fifth in the 100 back (55.39) at 2015 CIF Division I Championships last May. She also led off Mater Dei’s 200 medley relay (26.70) and anchored their 400 free relay (50.60). Light went on to compete in the inaugural California State Championship meet where she won the “B” final of the 100 free in 50.66, and was 7th in the 100 back with 55.50.

Light trains with Coach Steve Pickell at Socal Aquatics Association. Her best times (SCY/LCM) over the past year include:
[INDENT][COLOR="#696969"]• 50 back – 26.46/
• 100 back – 54.81/1:03.98
• 200 back – 1:59.01/2:18.00
• 50 free – 23.59/27.14
• 100 free – 50.66/57.91
• 200 free – 1:51.31/2:08.84[/COLOR][/INDENT]

Light should provide new blood to the Bears’ storied backstroke fleet, which will have lost Missy Franklin, Melanie Klaren, Rachel Bootsma, Elizabeth Pelton, Kelly Naze, and Alicia Grima by the time she starts. Light will join an equally impressive backstroke group consisting of new (2015-16) freshmen Kathleen Baker and Amy Bilquist as well as returning veterans Jasmine Mau, Catherine Ladd, and Kristin Vredeveld. Light’s best 100 back time would have made the “B” final at 2015 Pac-12 Championships and her 200 back would have been on the A/B bubble.

http://swimswam.com/socal-aquatics-aislinn-light-makes-verbal-commitment-to-cal-bears/

-------
tedbear
BearBackerinLA;842552778 said:

we knew this for a week now. :-)

UAC >>> Swimswam :acclaim:
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
Haha, I can't take any credit for this at all :p - actually it's all thanks to BearBackerinLA's super sleuthing skills!!! :beer:
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
BearBackerinLA;842546152 said:

Aislinn Light

[U]09-17-2015[/U]

http://www.ocvarsity.com/ocvarsity/light-80076-cal-mater.html

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.