Biden: "Nothing we can do to change virus trajectory"

11,498 Views | 129 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearForce2
LMK5
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is Joe throwing in the towel before he gets one off the rack? https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/22/biden-says-nothing-can-change-the-trajectory-of-covid-pandemic-over-the-next-several-months.html
The truth lies somewhere between CNN and Fox.
wifeisafurd
From little transparency to too much transparency?

Looking for the stock market to tank.

There is only so much you can blame on Trump when your campaign was I have a plan to deal with COVID.
AunBear89
Righteous Righties are predictable - hypocrites and a-holes.

NOW you're concerned about the federal government's policy re: the pandemic? But when Trump was doing f&ck all, it was all rainbows and ponies?
BearForce2
Joe Biden did warn us of a dark winter. Now it's here.
Doom and gloom vs. MAGA.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
Go!Bears
AunBear89 said:

NOW your concerned about the federal government's policy re: the pandemic? But when Trump was doing f&ck all, it was all rainbows and ponies?
I guess they haven't been paying attention for the last year. We built the plateau he starts from over the last three months. To believe that it will disappear in weeks is to believe in fantasy. What I think they can't process is a President telling the truth.
BearForce2
Biden was going to shut down the country but now he declares nothing can change the trajectory and the media asks about a new paint job for Air Force One.

The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
Anarchistbear
Projections from the government throughout this disaster have zero credibility so I don't take Biden seriously. And, no,, they weren't Trump's projections but Fauci's and others,

I'd have a lot more confidence in Biden if he cleans house. Sure Trump was the major culprit but Fauci, the CDC/ FDA with the test kits- all these people should get the axe. Otoh there were a few public health officials- the CDC lab guys who paved the way for the Moderna vaccine and others who deserve a lot of credit-

bearister
Why is it that all the wealthy Republicans I know that are 65-69 years old have all been vaccinated even when people older and those more in need have not been vaccinated?
These are the same people that were telling me a few months ago that doctors were padding the Covid figures so that they could get more federal reimbursement and they called bs on masks and social distancing.

People like that always have an angle that allows them to jump the line.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Anarchistbear
bearister said:

Why is it that all the wealthy Republicans I know that are 65-69 years old have all been vaccinated even when people older and those more in need have not been vacc

They are essential BI OT posters.
BearForce2
bearister said:

Why is it that all the wealthy Republicans I know that are 65-69 years old have all been vaccinated even when people older and those more in need have not been vacc

How many wealthy Republicans do you know between the ages of 65-69?
sycasey
How does anyone read this statement as "throwing in the towel?" He's literally saying things will get worse before they get better. But he is also saying they will get better.
bearister
Not many because I don't hang with people like that except golf and walking my dog in my hood. 5 of them have been vaccinated. I signed up through the county and I expect my number will be called in March or April. I'm happy to wait for my turn.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearForce2
dajo9
BearForce2 said:

I think Jr. is talking about his Dad's health care plan
American Vermin
dimitrig
Go!Bears said:

AunBear89 said:

NOW your concerned about the federal government's policy re: the pandemic? But when Trump was doing f&ck all, it was all rainbows and ponies?
I guess they haven't been paying attention for the last year. We built the plateau he starts from over the last three months. To believe that it will disappear in weeks is to believe in fantasy. What I think they can't process is a President telling the truth.

This is always the case.

Start an endless war in Iraq for no reason? Blame Obama for creating ISIS.

Deregulate banking and cause a crash? Blame Obama for slow economic growth.

Take no responsibility for a pandemic for an entire year? Blame Biden for saying he doesn't have a quick fix.

BearForce2
dimitrig said:

Take no responsibility for a pandemic for an entire year? Blame Biden for saying he doesn't have a quick fix.

No, it's more simple than that. Biden's campaign was, we have a plan they don't. Now, in his first week, "there's nothing we can do....."

dimitrig
BearForce2 said:

dimitrig said:

No, it's more simple than that. Biden's campaign was, we have a plan they don't. Now, in his first week, "there's nothing we can do....."

Sort of like the Republicans' plan for healthcare then, except they had 4 years to do something about it - 2 while they controlled all branches of government.

Back to the Future: Trump's History of Promising a Health Plan That Never Comes

calpoly
LMK5 said:

Is Joe throwing in the towel before he gets one off the rack? https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/22/biden-says-nothing-can-change-the-trajectory-of-covid-pandemic-over-the-next-several-months.html
It took only 3 days for this moron to go on the attack...after no criticism of his master tRumps for the last four years. LMK5, you are pathetic.
dimitrig
BearForce2 said:

dimitrig said:

Maybe he can simply follow the comprehensive plan that Trump left after an entire year of handling this crisis.
BearForce2
dimitrig said:

BearForce2 said:

dimitrig said:

Sort of like the Republican's plan for healthcare then, except they had 4 years to do something about it - 2 while they controlled all branches of government.

When the Biden administration said there's nothing we can do, Democrat mayors were ending lockdowns.

The Trump administration estimates that its healthcare rule changes will provide an additional two million Americans with coverage. and has given Americans access to more affordable health insurance options.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sallypipes/2020/10/26/heres-whats-in-trumps-healthcare-plan/?sh=61271c119777

BearForce2
calpoly said:

LMK5 said:

It took only 3 days for this moron to go on the attack...after no criticism of his master tRumps for the last four years. LMK5, you are pathetic.

Were you on the receiving end of some good butthurt recently? I wasn't paying attention.
LMK5
The problem here is that up till now we've been told that lockdowns are our way of modulating the spread. Biden seems to have blown this up with "nothing we can do to change the trajectory of the virus over the next several months." It's quite a departure.

He has also said that things are going to get worse before they get better. Then why are things starting to open up? Why is UC, for the first time, talking about in-person classes? Why is Cuomo now allowing spectators at football games? Why is DC reopening schools in this environment?: https://www.hillrag.com/2020/11/18/dcps-begins-phased-reopening-as-cases-surge/

The timing of all this is something of a head-scratcher to some, but somewhat predictable to others.
The truth lies somewhere between CNN and Fox.
dajo9
I'm no expert but it seems pretty straightforward to me. Lockdowns have been very effective in places where the public supported them, like New Jersey and Australia.

Now we have a vaccine. With the vaccine we will be in the same place in 6 months with or without lockdowns. The cost-benefit analysis has changed. Get the vaccine out.
American Vermin
sycasey
LMK5 said:

The problem here is that up till now we've been told that lockdowns are our way of modulating the spread. Biden seems to have blown this up with "nothing we can do to change the trajectory of the virus over the next several months." It's quite a departure.

He has also said that things are going to get worse before they get better. Then why are things starting to open up? Why is UC, for the first time, talking about in-person classes? Why is Cuomo now allowing spectators at football games? Why is DC reopening schools in this environment?: https://www.hillrag.com/2020/11/18/dcps-begins-phased-reopening-as-cases-surge/

The timing of all this is something of a head-scratcher to some, but somewhat predictable to others.
Once again, for the people in the back:

THERE IS A VACCINE NOW. Some policies and plans are going to change in response to that. UC planning on in-person classes in the fall makes sense given the new circumstances; vaccinations should be more widespread by then. Some state/local governments are probably looking at opening up because the vaccine is rolling out. I might not agree with every decision, but that's the most obvious difference between now and then.

Let me ask you this: agree or disagree, what do the decisions made at the state and local level have to do with Biden's statement? You think that all Democrats nationwide are just taking all their cues from him, when he's been President for less than a week? Trust me, Democrats are like herding cats; it takes a lot more than that to get everyone to fall in line behind the same policy.
Unit2Sucks
dajo9 said:

I'm no expert but it seems pretty straightforward to me. Lockdowns have been very effective in places where the public supported them, like New Jersey and Australia.

Now we have a vaccine. With the vaccine we will be in the same place in 6 months with or without lockdowns. The cost-benefit analysis has changed. Get the vaccine out.
Perhaps Biden is just managing expectations. I do think that increasing mask compliance nationwide, if possible in this environment, would positively impact the trajectory of the virus. If Biden was referring to nearterm death totals, he's correct that it's already too late to do anything about it. 400k have already died and we are probably looking at another 100k dead from people who got sick before Biden took office. From that perspective, the trajectory is set. That isn't to say that what we do from here on our is meaningless. The best time to take action was yesterday. The second best is today. Let's stop the whining and do something.

It would have been better if he spoke more precisely. Unfortunately we are going from the worst, lease precise president in history to someone who is just disappointingly imprecise at times. It's a big improvement but I wish Biden were a better communicator. This is one of the reasons it's better to let the public health experts do the talking.
sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

If Biden was referring to nearterm death totals, he's correct that it's already too late to do anything about it.
If you actually read the whole statement and not just the cherry-picked portion the right-wing media is running with, it's pretty clear that's exactly what he was talking about.
going4roses
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
Big C
going4roses said:

Can you imagine living in her district, where pretty much most of the people you run into in public support her?

I'll be staying in the East Bay, thank you very much.
BearForce2
Big C said:

going4roses said:

Can you imagine living in her district, where pretty much most of the people you run into in public support her?

Eric Swalwell who serves on the Intelligence Committee was compromised by a Chinese spy. Can you imagine living in his district?
sycasey
BearForce2 said:

Big C said:

going4roses said:

Eric Swalwell who serves on the Intelligence Committee was compromised by a Chinese spy.

No he wasn't.
going4roses
BearForce2 said:

Big C said:

going4roses said:

Eric Swalwell who serves on the Intelligence Committee was compromised by a Chinese spy. Can you imagine living in his district?

Is it possible for you to tell the truth every once in a while?
BearForce2
going4roses said:

BearForce2 said:

Big C said:

going4roses said:

You desire truth all of a sudden?
Did Swalwell not land a fart on MSNBC and deny it?
Are we to believe Swalwell did not bang bang the Fang Fang?
sycasey
BearForce2 said:

going4roses said:

BearForce2 said:

Big C said:

going4roses said:

You desire truth all of a sudden?
Did Swalwell not land a fart on MSNBC and deny it?
Are we to believe Swalwell did not bang bang the Fang Fang?

It's interesting that you just accept this as true without evidence.

Even if he did have sex with her, this was before he was married so would not be a scandal either. Just knowing someone who was later outed as a spy is not the same as being compromised.
dimitrig
Big C said:

going4roses said:

She can introduce all the crazy bills she wants. They will never even make it out of committee. This woman is a wannabe AOC except she's not educated nor compassionate.

Edit: Now that I think of it she's like Colorado's Sarah Palin

going4roses
dimitrig said:

Big C said:

going4roses said:

She can introduce all the crazy bills she wants. They will never even make it out of committee. This woman is a wannabe AOC except she's not educated nor compassionate.

Edit: Now that I think of it she's like Colorado's Sarah Palin

And Rap sheet long as the day
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.