Vaccine Redux - Vax up and go to Class

492,994 Views | 5310 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by Zippergate
bear2034
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Eastern Oregon Bear is anti-science and anti-horses.
Eastern Oregon Bear
Zippergate said:

Maybe it's just me but ridiculing a drug that might have saved countless lives strikes me as not very funny. People sued hospitals, often in vain, to force them to provide ivermectin to their loved ones suffering from Covid. Ivermectin is safer than tylenol and has been administered to billions of people. It's on the WHO's list of essential medicines and earned the discoverer a Nobel prize. I wonder if drugs like ivermectin will be available to you and your loved ones when the next pandemic hits.
If I have parasitic worms, I'd take Ivermectin if it was prescribed for me. For other unproven speculative uses, I'll trust 99% of the medical community over a handful of pompous armchair virologists and epidemiologists on a college football message board.
Zippergate
So you are going to trust the people who conned you into believing that ivermectin is a drug for horses. Got it.
Big C
Cal88 said:

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.
A horse by any other name is still a horse.
Big C
Cal88 said:

A stitch in nine saves equine.
movielover
"That's a 38.2% increase compared to 2020 and a 63.7% increase from 2019.

"This increase in maternal deaths has "erased four decades of progress in obstetrics," remarked @P_McCulloughMD."

Eastern Oregon Bear
Zippergate said:

So you are going to trust the people who conned you into believing that ivermectin is a drug for horses. Got it.
Where did I say Ivermectin is a drug for horses?
bear2034
Big C said:

Cal88 said:

Of course, of course, said the horse.
bear2034
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Zippergate said:

Are you anti-horse?
Eastern Oregon Bear
bear2034 said:

Eastern Oregon Bear is anti-science and anti-horses.
Back off, man. I'm a scientist.
Zippergate

Zippergate said:

Here's the lie...

And here's you perpetuating the lie...

"This was after the doctor asked how many doses your friend needed and he stamped his hoof on the floor 30 times. "

Or was I wrong to assume that the hoof reference was to this viral tweet from FDA?
Eastern Oregon Bear
Zippergate said:

Zippergate said:

Here's the lie...

"This was after the doctor asked how many doses your friend needed and he stamped his hoof on the floor 30 times. "

Or was I wrong to assume that the hoof reference was to this viral tweet from FDA?
You were wrong. Nice work finding a 2.5 year old tweet that says something I didn't say. I don't believe I've ever seen that tweet before. If so, I certainly don't remember it. That's not surprising because I spend close to zero time on social media. If not for my work duties and what gets posted here, it probably would be zero. I know that must be shocking to someone like you who must spend hours per day finding things to post here.
oski003

Zippergate said:

Zippergate said:

Here's the lie...

You were wrong. Nice work finding a 2.5 year old tweet that says something I didn't say. I don't believe I've ever seen that tweet before. If so, I certainly don't remember it. That's not surprising because I spend close to zero time on social media. If not for my work duties and what gets posted here, it probably would be zero. I know that must be shocking to someone like you who must spend hours per day finding things to post here.

Why did you so make the hoof joke? Were you fully aware that ivermectin is for humans but just wanted to mislead on behalf of big pharma? Or were you ignorant and really thought ivermectin was only for veterinary use? Please clarify.
Eastern Oregon Bear
oski003 said:

Zippergate said:

Zippergate said:

Here's the lie...

Why did you so make the hoof joke? Were you fully aware that ivermectin is for humans but just wanted to mislead on behalf of big pharma? Or were you ignorant and really thought ivermectin was only for veterinary use? Please clarify.
<Yawn>
Zippergate
It's not just some obscure 2.5 year-old tweet. It was a major news story that went viral. The FDA disgraced itself in order to discourage people from using a drug that was gaining attention worldwide as an effective treatment for Covid. I find it strange that you read this board yet are unaware of the controversy. Now that you know, do you think this viral tweet was a reasonable communication from the FDA?
Eastern Oregon Bear
Zippergate said:

It's not just some obscure 2.5 year-old tweet. It was a major news story that went viral. The FDA disgraced itself in order to discourage people from using a drug that was gaining attention worldwide as an effective treatment for Covid. I find it strange that you read this board yet are unaware of the controversy. Now that you know, do you think this viral tweet was a reasonable communication from the FDA?
From this discussion, you'd think Ivermectin was only for humans. In reality, the vast majority of it's usage in the US is for horses, cattle, pigs, sheep and goats. As I recall, the unprescribed usage of Ivermectin for Covid was from veterinary grade Ivermectin that wasn't intended for human use. That's likely what FDA was trying to prevent. It does say "Using the Drug Ivermectin to treat COVID-19 can be dangerous and even lethal. The FDA has not approved the drug for that purpose.". People trying to treat themselves stand a good chance of overdosing, so it wasn't safe. That's why the references to people not being horses or cows. It wasn't to suggest it's not for humans, just that it wasn't approved for treating Covid in humans

Funny how you, bear2034 and Oski007 are outraged while movielover, who I was joking about, hasn't said a word. I knew you all were a humorless bunch, but I didn't think you were this humorless.
oski003

Zippergate said:

From this discussion, you'd think Ivermectin was only for humans. In reality, the vast majority of it's usage in the US is for horses, cattle, pigs, sheep and goats. As I recall, the unprescribed usage of Ivermectin for Covid was from veterinary grade Ivermectin that wasn't intended for human use. That's likely what FDA was trying to prevent. It does say "Using the Drug Ivermectin to treat COVID-19 can be dangerous and even lethal. The FDA has not approved the drug for that purpose.". People trying to treat themselves stand a good chance of overdosing, so it wasn't safe. That's why the references to people not being horses or cows. It wasn't to suggest it's not for humans, just that it wasn't approved for treating Covid in humans

Funny how you, bear2034 and Oski007 are outraged while movielover, who I was joking about, hasn't said a word. I knew you all were a humorless bunch, but I didn't think you were this humorless.

Your first paragraph is irrelevant. Yes, non-human animals get worms and other parasites more than humans and therefore use ivermectin more. You are therefore correct it is used moreso in the USA for pets and livestock than humans. That is irrelevant to whether or not it treats covid. Other countries use the dirt cheap medication to treat covid while the u.s. uses $1,400 per course Paxlovid. Paxlovid, which contains an aggressive HIV inhibitor, is often even proactively prescribed, again for $1,400, for folks who are simply traveling internationally. Covid is Pfizer's cash cow. MOO! MOO!

As for your second paragraph, <yawn>.

MOO!
Eastern Oregon Bear
oski003 said:

Zippergate said:

Your first paragraph is irrelevant. Yes, non-human animals get worms and other parasites more than humans and therefore use ivermectin more. You are therefore correct it is used moreso in the USA for pets and livestock than humans. That is irrelevant to whether or not it treats covid. Other countries use the dirt cheap medication to treat covid while the u.s. uses $1,400 per course Paxlovid. Paxlovid, which contains an aggressive HIV inhibitor, is often even proactively prescribed, again for $1,400, for folks who are simply traveling internationally. Covid is Pfizer's cash cow. MOO! MOO!

As for your second paragraph, <yawn>.

MOO!
OK, I'm done. Feel free to continue attacking me for something I don't believe and didn't say. I've got more important things to do.
Cal88

Zippergate said:

The only reason ivermectin is dangerous is that it has been banned or restricted, so people using horse paste IVM or even in pill form don't have a proper dosage guidance (the pills often come in small and nonstandard doses) . IVM is very safe when following the proper posology, but can become toxic in high doses. The FDA is being hypocritical here, as IVM would not be dangerous if they didn't ban it.

PS: I did think your post with the hoof was pretty funny.
Zippergate
It turns out you know quite a bit about this situation afterall.

From this discussion, you'd think Ivermectin was only for humans. In reality, the vast majority of it's usage in the US is for horses, cattle, pigs, sheep and goats.

And humans have taken billions of doses and it has known anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties which is why clinicians tried on Covid in the first place. Aspirin is used on horses. Does that make aspirin a horse drug?

As I recall, the unprescribed usage of Ivermectin for Covid was from veterinary grade Ivermectin that wasn't intended for human use.

Your recollection is of a twisted version of the narrative, not the facts. First of all, it's the same drug, just packaged and dosed differently. And there was never any evidence that significant numbers of people were taking the equine version let alone overdosing on it. The news stories of overdosing were quickly debunked as being manufactured out of thin air. It was fake news. But why is it that some people would consider taking the equine version of the drug? Might it have something to do with the fact that doctors were persecuted for prescribing the human version or being prevented from prescribing it at all? The FDA never comes between doctor and patient over the off-label use of pharmaceuticals; the FDA's ivermerctin smear campaign was unprecedented and I'm sure the timing of the tweet, August 2021, had nothing to do with Biden's vaccine mandate campaign which was just ramping up at the time.

Here is the narrative in all its glory. Everything single aspect of it is a lie.

bearister
Yet another study shows little benefit for ivermectin with COVID-19 | CIDRAP

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/yet-another-study-shows-little-benefit-ivermectin-covid-19

"Overall, these findings, while evidencing a small benefit in symptom duration, do not support the use of ivermectin as treatment for COVID-19."

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Big C
bear2034 said:

Big C said:

Cal88 said:

And let's not forget the John Elway theme song: "A horse is a horse, of course, of course... "
bearister
Big C said:

bear2034 said:

Big C said:

Cal88 said:

And let's not forget the John Elway theme song: A horse is a horse, of course, of course...

Zippergate
These articles are designed for people who are happy to read from a "reputable" source how it's all good, the authorities are doing their job as gatekeepers of the medical system. If only it were true.

https://pierrekorymedicalmusings.com/p/the-last-of-the-big-seven-fraudulent

"The PANORAMIC trial for molnupiravir and the PRINCIPLE trial for ivermectin provide a good example of extreme bias in trial design. For molnupiravir, investigators randomized 25,000 patients a median of 2 days from onset. For ivermectin, they allow inclusion up to 14 days after onset a delay incompatible with the recommended use of antiviral treatments, and incompatible with current real-world protocols. This delay alone would normally be more than enough to guarantee a null effect for an early treatment. However, authors also bias the population, treatment dose and duration, treatment administration, and sample size to favor a null result with ivermectin."

"1) Long delay between registration and enrollment

One participant reports filling out a form for the trial at the time of receiving a positive PCR result and not being called until much later on day 11 of COVID to complete enrollment twitter.com (C). A second participant reports waiting 9 days after online registration to receive an enrollment phone call twitter.com (D), twitter.com (E)."
2) Ability to pickup medication quickly removed from information sheet

Earlier versions of the patient information sheet (e.g., v3.1 c19ivm.org (K)) allowed patients to pickup the medication from a local pharmacy instead of waiting for delivery. This was removed sometime before the ivermectin arm and the sheet now only lists delivery, excluding the possibility of very quick pickup of the medication after enrollment c19ivm.org (L).
If you think that ends their shenanigans in trying to treat patients as late as possible in the disease, the c19early.com detectives found two other juicy tidbits of fraud:
3) Slow delivery

The patient information sheet for molnupiravir states that medication will be delivered by the next day c19ivm.org (H), Gbinigie, while the patient information sheet for ivermectin has deleted "next day" only stating that medication will be delivered c19ivm.org (I).
Despite all the above, they went even further:
4) Trial Schedule Change

As of February 11, 2022, the trial was open intermittently (twice daily between Sunday and Thursday), a change which further decreases the chance of participants receiving relatively early treatment."

Despite all that...
"Significantly improved recovery and significantly lower risk of long COVID with ivermectin, despite very late treatment, low-risk patients, and poor administration.

36% lower ongoing persistent COVID-19 specific symptoms, p<0.0001 (details below). The primary recovery outcome shows superiority of ivermectin (probability of superiority > 0.999), missing from the abstract (details below). The p values for sustained recovery, early sustained recovery, alleviation of all symptoms, and sustained alleviation are all < 0.0001."

https://c19ivm.org/meta.html#principleivm

Here's a summary of all the clinical trials on ivermectin. Frightening isn't it. Wouldn't want to take something like that.

https://c19ivm.org/meta.html

So when are you going to apply your keen powers of investigation to expose molnupiravir, the patented wonder drug that was approved despite showing zero benefit?
movielover
bearister said:

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/yet-another-study-shows-little-benefit-ivermectin-covid-19

"Overall, these findings, while evidencing a small benefit in symptom duration, do not support the use of ivermectin as treatment for COVID-19."

Another Fake Study? You cherry pick the negative while burying the many positive studies.

NLM: "In 2015, the Nobel Committee for Physiology or Medicine, in its only award for treatments of infectious diseases since six decades prior, honoured the discovery of ivermectin (IVM), a multifaceted drug deployed against some of the world's most devastating tropical diseases. ..."

"...Six of seven meta-analyses of IVM treatment RCTs reporting in 2021 found notable reductions in COVID-19 fatalities, with a mean 31% relative risk of mortality vs. controls. During mass IVM treatments in Peru, excess deaths fell by a mean of 74% over 30 days in its ten states with the most extensive treatments. Reductions in deaths correlated with the extent of IVM distributions in all 25 states with p < 0.002. "

From the outset doctors and specialists knew that treating Covid required a cocktail approach, just like with HIV treatments.

Most doctors I listened to while hiking years ago had a number of similiar IVM protocols:

- EARLY treatment at first sign of possible infection
- administered with ZINC. Zinc is hypothesized to stop viral replication, but it needs to get into the cell - this is what IVM and quercetin accomplish
- combined with VITAMIN D (sunshine for Africans)
- some doctors also combined a steroid protocol

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34466270/

TheFiatLux

oski003 said:

Zippergate said:

Zippergate said:

Here's the lie...

<Yawn>
But why the hoof joke? You didn't answer that. Man up. Have a spine and stand behind what you post.
bearister
I like how tRump's handlers are playing the MAGA GREATEST HITS ALBUM on a continuous loop, resurrecting all the old issues that heat up the loins of the base. The lethal Covid vaccine, ivermectin the wonder drug, the framed patriots of Jan 6, the withdrawal from from Afghanistan, the rigged Election of 2020, etc., etc., etc. Is that all they got?

I guess the MAGA creativity well is drying up with regard to fabricating a new batch of fake issues to make the drawers of the base soggy.

….and do you think tRump needs to pivot away from attacking Biden's age and mental acuity now that stories are surfacing of Fred tRump's slow descent into Alzheimer's, tRump making it clear at his rallies that he would read "San Diego go f@uck yourself," if someone slipped that onto his teleprompter and the way he drags his right leg like Igor?

Eastern Oregon Bear
Cal88 said:

Zippergate said:

The only reason ivermectin is dangerous is that it has been banned or restricted, so people using horse paste IVM or even in pill form don't have a proper dosage guidance (the pills often come in small and nonstandard doses) . IVM is very safe when following the proper posology, but can become toxic in high doses. The FDA is being hypocritical here, as IVM would not be dangerous if they didn't ban it.

PS: I did think your post with the hoof was pretty funny.
Thanks. Humor was all I intended, not some deep discussion of horses and Ivermectin.
Eastern Oregon Bear
TheFiatLux said:

oski003 said:

Zippergate said:

Zippergate said:

Here's the lie...

<Yawn>
But why the hoof joke? You didn't answer that. Man up. Have a spine and stand behind what you post.
I have seen at least 150 times when movielover didn't "man up" and stand behind his post when I or someone else questioned it, so I don't see the need to do so for him now. As for the rest of you that charged to his rescue, I haven't forgotten the times I've been ridiculed even when I wasn't involved in the discussion. I feel no need to jump up and boogie when you say "Dance!"
Zippergate
I posted a response by Dr. Kory, a self-admitted liberal Democrat. To dismiss his points with the broad brush of MAGA is disappointing.
TheFiatLux

TheFiatLux said:

oski003 said:

Zippergate said:

Zippergate said:

Here's the lie...

<Yawn>
I have seen at least 150 times when movielover didn't "man up" and stand behind his post when I or someone else questioned it, so I don't see the need to do so for him now. As for the rest of you that charged to his rescue, I haven't forgotten the times I've been ridiculed even when I wasn't involved in the discussion. I feel no need to jump up and boogie when you say "Dance!"
So you just acknowledge you lied about the hoof joke. There's a certain character in that, so I'll give you that.
Eastern Oregon Bear
TheFiatLux said:

TheFiatLux said:

oski003 said:

Zippergate said:

Zippergate said:

Here's the lie...

<Yawn>
So you just acknowledge you lied about the hoof joke. There's a certain character in that, so I'll give you that.
I'm not sure I understand where I lied, but if it makes you feel better, I'm glad I could help.
Cal88
bearister said:

This study was the latest entry in a comprehensive list of 246 ivermectin COVID-19 studies -192 of which peer reviewed - on the treatment of covid with ivermectin.

Here are the composite results of all these studies, including the one you just posted:

the list is here:
https://c19ivm.org/

And here are the results, compiled graphically:
https://c19ivm.org/meta.html

A small percentage of these ivermectin studies did show neutral or poor results, and the main result for these is that ivermectin was administered late, after 10 days of the onset of early symptoms. This is one way to game the research and set it up for failure. Ivermectin has two big drawbacks for big pharma: it's a dirt cheap generic drug, and it works...

Zippergate
Here's a thought experiment. What if Trump won the 2020 election and like Biden went all in on the Covid vaccines that he loves to take credit for to this day. Everything else remains the same. What would be the reaction from the Left to the vaccine mandates, ivermectin, lockdowns, etc? I think some would be whistling a very different tune.
Big C
Zippergate said:

Here's a thought experiment. What if Trump won the 2020 election and like Biden went all in on the Covid vaccines that he loves to take credit for to this day. Everything else remains the same. What would be the reaction from the Left to the vaccine mandates, ivermectin, lockdowns, etc? I think some would be whistling a very different tune.

Great point! If Biden had recommended the possibility of ingesting disinfectant to fight COVID, I'd be huggin' my Clorox bottle. If Trump had suggested I wear a mask, I'd tell him to stick that face diaper where the sun don't shine. If Biden had told me to go to the Capitol and "fight like hell", I woulda been there, crackin' skulls. If Trump were 81, I'd refer to him as "the wise old owl".

It's all about politics.
First Page Last Page
Page 133 of 152

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.