Vaccine Redux - Vax up and go to Class

356,726 Views | 4606 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by bearister
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is ... one way to do it.

bearister
Covid 4 - RWNJ talk radio hosts 0

Dangerous transmissions: anti-vax radio shows reach millions in US while stars die of Covid

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/sep/21/anti-vax-radio-hosts-dying-covid?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
A couple from the Dallas area were asked to leave a restaurant because they were seen wearing masks, and the owner says he's going to continue enforcing his "no face mask" rule.

https://abc7news.com/society/dallas-area-couple-kicked-out-of-restaurant-for-wearing-masks/11033604/
AunBear89
bearister said:

A couple from the Dallas area were asked to leave a restaurant because they were seen wearing masks, and the owner says he's going to continue enforcing his "no face mask" rule.

https://abc7news.com/society/dallas-area-couple-kicked-out-of-restaurant-for-wearing-masks/11033604/

I guess "my body, my choice" only applies to the willfully ignorant.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
bearister
It being Texas and all, why didn't the mask wearers dipped into their bowling ball bags and yank their Glocks with twin Cinnabons* and squeeze off a quick 100 rounds?

*As they are known in Oaktown

oski003
This is a Chinese vaccine using an adjuvant from Emeryville based company Dynavax.

23% Systemic AE's vs Moderna's 80+% and Pfizer's 70+% is night and day and explains why I criticize mRNA vaccines. There are other vaccines that don't have the adverse effects of mRNA.

Unit2Sucks
Would be great to add another safe and effective vaccine! No one has said otherwise.

Here's more on the Clover trials:

Quote:

Clover reported the following data from their Phase 2/3 SPECTRA trial in a press release issued September 22, 2021. SCB-2019 (CpG 1018/Alum) demonstrated 100% efficacy against severe COVID-19 and hospitalizations and 84% efficacy against moderate-to-severe COVID-19 caused by any strain of SARS-CoV-2. SCB-2019 (CpG 1018/Alum) demonstrated 79% overall efficacy against COVID-19 of any severity caused by the globally dominant Delta variant. Efficacy was 92% against the Gamma variant and 59% against the Mu variant, and collectively these three strains (Delta, Gamma and Mu) comprised 73% of all strains identified in the study. Overall efficacy was 67% against COVID-19 of any severity caused by any strain in the study, successfully meeting the primary endpoint of the trial. Clover's vaccine candidate is one of the first to demonstrate significant efficacy against Delta in a double-blind, randomized clinical trial.

oski003
Something to bear in mind. I am not sure when Pfizer will actually have the approved vaccine available. They are in no rush as long as the media and presidential administration protects this information.

Even though the FDA has given full license to Pfizer, any lawsuits for injuries must still pass a willful misconduct standard because nobody is actually getting the licensed vaccine.

https://leohohmann.com/2021/08/27/boom-major-law-firm-confirms-fda-deceived-america-with-its-confusing-approval-of-pfizer-vax/
Unit2Sucks
This was prescient.

Cal89
oski003 said:

Something to bear in mind. I am not sure when Pfizer will actually have the approved vaccine available. They are in no rush as long as the media and presidential administration protects this information.

Even though the FDA has given full license to Pfizer, any lawsuits for injuries must still pass a willful misconduct standard because nobody is actually getting the licensed vaccine.

https://leohohmann.com/2021/08/27/boom-major-law-firm-confirms-fda-deceived-america-with-its-confusing-approval-of-pfizer-vax/
Looking around to learn more, this article seems to cover this concern quite well:

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/yes-the-fda-really-has-given-full-approval-to-comirnaty/

Regardless, when only 20-30% of Americans trust government officials and our media, and for well-found reasons unfortunately, even when something is true, it's now an upward battle. When there is minimal to no trust in any relationship, that's a serious problem. This, IMO, needs to be our first order of business. Until such is successfully addressed or corrected, trust in our government and media restored, one should naturally expect large portions of the population to think and do otherwise.

As devastating as the pandemic has been, this concerns me much more.
Sig test...
oski003
Cal89 said:

oski003 said:

Looking around to learn more, this article seems to cover this concern quite well:

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/yes-the-fda-really-has-given-full-approval-to-comirnaty/

Regardless, when only 20-30% of Americans trust government officials and our media, and for well-found reasons unfortunately, even when something is true, it's now an upward battle. When there is minimal to no trust in any relationship, that's a serious problem. This, IMO, needs to be our first order of business. Until such is successfully addressed or corrected, trust in our government and media restored, one should naturally expect large portions of the population to think and do otherwise.

As devastating as the pandemic has been, this concerns me much more.

https://www.fda.gov/media/150386/download

"[1] The licensed vaccine has the same formulation as the EUA-authorized vaccine and the products can be used interchangeably to provide the vaccination series without presenting any safety or effectiveness concerns. The products are legally distinct with certain differences that do not impact safety or effectiveness."

Again...

"The products are legally distinct with certain differences that do not impact safety or effectiveness."

Way to go BP, FDA, administration, and those who naively believe or cover for them.
oski003
"I took every single vaccine that ever came out, and I had never had a reaction to anything. I went in that day without any concern because it had been cleared by the FDA. I feel like an idiot."

"The pandemic is horrible. It's a real problem. But they made calculated decisions on how to protect the most people, and I don't know who made these decisions but they've decided vaccinating as many people as possible will save more people than attending to the vaccine injuries. I think they do not want to create fear or panic and to publicize the fact there are injuries."

Dr. Hertz said the mainstream media does not want to talk to anyone in her group who's been injured because they're not allowed to publish about vaccine injuries. "There are a lot of people who have had neurological reactions and a lot of people don't know it's vaccine-related," she said.

Feel free to read the article and then defend the CDC's and FDA's actions here. I feel it is an ends justifies the means analysis, which is incorporated in the statements above. Please don't take the cheap way out and just bash the media source.

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/dr-danice-hertz-injured-pfizer-covid-vaccine/
Unit2Sucks
Quote:

Please don't take the cheap way out and just bash the media source.
Please don't take the cheap way out by relying on whack job anti-vaccine websites that traffic in misinformation. If we're talking about Kennedy family rumors we can talk to RFK Jr., but we don't need his agenda driven misinformation campaign.

When the anti-vaxxers come for the new vaccines that you currently purport to support, how will you react?
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

Quote:

Please don't take the cheap way out and just bash the media source.
Please don't take the cheap way out by relying on whack job anti-vaccine websites that traffic in misinformation. If we're talking about Kennedy family rumors we can talk to RFK Jr., but we don't need his agenda driven misinformation campaign.

When the anti-vaxxers come for the new vaccines that you currently purport to support, how will you react?

The doctor quoted throughout the entire article is pro vaccines. Thanks.

As for coming after DNA medicines, the FDA and CDC have already attacked DNA medicines while at the same time falsely contrasting the JnJ covid vaccine to DNA medicines (in this same attack). As for Novavax, I think it will have some myocarditis issues as well, but not near the same level as Moderna.
Unit2Sucks
003 - you should submit this to VAERS to make sure someone looks into vaccine induced melanin sensitivity. Big news if true!

bearister
Uncontrolled Spread review: Trump's first FDA chief on the Covid disaster

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/sep/26/uncontrolled-spread-review-covid-trump-fda-chief-scott-gottlieb?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

003 - you should submit this to VAERS to make sure someone looks into vaccine induced melanin sensitivity. Big news if true!

I don't post fake news. Thanks.
bearister
"You're wrong doctor. I don't have COVID" and "I'd rather die than take the vaccine"

Dr. Matthew Trunsky says some dying COVID patients deny virus

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/09/25/dr-matthew-trunsky-says-some-dying-covid-patients-deny-virus/5866695001/
calpoly
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I don't post fake news. Thanks.
You just did!
oski003
My bad. I generally use the quote function when replying, so, in quoting Unit2, I sometimes post fake news. :/
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

My bad. I generally use the quote function when replying, so, in quoting Unit2, I sometimes post fake news. :/
Oh come on, you've admitted to mistakenly posting fake news before haven't you? I haven't gone back through your posting history but I believe there has been at least one incident you admitted in this very thread. I would say you recklessly post news about VAERS data that amounts to fake news but you continue to believe that you are doing so in good faith, regardless of the fact that the VAERS data is an early warning system riddled with false data.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Oh come on, you've admitted to mistakenly posting fake news before haven't you? I haven't gone back through your posting history but I believe there has been at least one incident you admitted in this very thread. I would say you recklessly post news about VAERS data that amounts to fake news but you continue to believe that you are doing so in good faith, regardless of the fact that the VAERS data is an early warning system riddled with false data.

I didn't realize that the VAERS deaths included deaths reported by the UK health authority during the initial UK rollout. I thought it was US only. Therefore, my ratios were off, and I admitted such.

As for our health authorities, if other countries hadn't confirmed the link between mRNA covid vaccines and myocarditis, us officials would have never or been even slower to find it. I don't rationalize away the 20x deaths of the covid vaccine vs all other vaccines combined in a similar time period by just screaming anti-vaxxers or they must be encouraging people to submit side effects. Yet, at the same time they could not find a link between myocarditis and the vaccines because they weren't previously directing hospitals to ask myocarditis patients if they had recently been vaccinated.
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

I don't rationalize away the 20x deaths of the covid vaccine vs all other vaccines combined in a similar time period
This is fake news and you know it. You don't need to "rationalize" anything to speak accurately. There is no evidence to support the theory that any significant number of people are dying from COVID vaccines. VAERS does not provide any support for that theory nor is it intended to be used in that manner and you know it. The fact that you are still pretending like VAERS can be used this way shows how little you care about the truth when pushing your agenda.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

I don't rationalize away the 20x deaths of the covid vaccine vs all other vaccines combined in a similar time period
This is fake news and you know it. You don't need to "rationalize" anything to speak accurately. There is no evidence to support the theory that any significant number of people are dying from COVID vaccines. VAERS does not provide any support for that theory nor is it intended to be used in that manner and you know it. The fact that you are still pretending like VAERS can be used this way shows how little you care about the truth when pushing your agenda.

It is not fake news. I have no ulterior motive here. I absolutely believe that incidences of vaccine injuries are kept from the general public because it is in the best interests of the general public in an end justifies the means analysis.
oski003
NBA players are avoiding mRNA vaccines.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32293462/vaccinated-nba-staffers-concerned-health-risks-being-exposed-unvaccinated-players-season-approaches
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

It is not fake news. I have no ulterior motive here. I absolutely believe that incidences of vaccine injuries are kept from the general public because it is in the best interests of the general public in an end justifies the means analysis.
Your reliance on fake news to push your agenda is absolutely coming from an "end justifies the means analysis". You know you're abusing VAERS data and if someone used VAERS to attack some product that you didn't have an agenda against, you would attack the analysis and the person making it. Stop pretending like you are some sort of honest broker here. You saying you don't have an ulterior motive is quite a funny statement.
Big C
oski003 said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32293462/vaccinated-nba-staffers-concerned-health-risks-being-exposed-unvaccinated-players-season-approaches

In the first sentence of your linked article, it states that 90% of NBA players are vaccinated. If all the zip codes in the country were even approaching that percentage, we'd pretty much be done with COVID.

(Not surprised Kyrie Irving isn't vaccinated, as he also once stated that that he thought the earth might be flat. He is a nut job. I guess he "does his own research" on these issues.)
oski003
Big C said:

oski003 said:

In the first sentence of your linked article, it states that 90% of NBA players are vaccinated. If all the zip codes in the country were even approaching that percentage, we'd pretty much be done with COVID.

(Not surprised Kyrie Irving isn't vaccinated, as he also once stated that that he thought the earth might be flat. He is a nut job.)

Interesting news nonetheless. Are the warriors going to trade Wiggins or is he going to only play less than half of the games? He can't play in the bay.
Unit2Sucks
It's amazing how many people are dying because they buy into the anti-vaxxer nonsense that people like 003 are selling. No pro athletes will die because they have great access to healthcare but all of these people spreading their nonsense are absolutely leading to the deaths of so many dumb people. It's abhorrent to hear the stories of people begging for snake oil from their death beds when all they needed to do was get a freely and readily available vaccine earlier this summer.
oski003
In today's deep thoughts by Dr. Paul Offit, he implies it may be okay to kill some people if it leads to advancing mRNA technology.

https://twitter.com/DrPaulOffit?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
Big C
oski003 said:

Big C said:

oski003 said:

(Not surprised Kyrie Irving isn't vaccinated, as he also once stated that that he thought the earth might be flat. He is a nut job.)

Interesting news nonetheless. Are the warriors going to trade Wiggins or is he going to only play less than half of the games? He can't play in the bay.

Ya gotta wonder what Andrew Wiggins is thinking. He finally gets himself into a good situation in the NBA and now it's in jeopardy. My guess is, he had his reasons in the beginning, but now he's just being stubborn. The longer things go, the more he's in a gold fish bowl and it's tough to give in at that point.

But Colin Kaepernick Man of Principal he's not, IMO.
oski003
Worth watching regarding myocarditis.

Unit2Sucks
Too bad this family isn't on BI - they would star a lot of posts in OT.

Unit2Sucks
This is an example of the sort of tragedy that could be easily avoided if not for all of the anti-vaccine rhetoric. My heart goes out to his parents who tried in vain to convince him to get vaccinated.

20-year-old who believed he was too healthy to need COVID vaccine dies, NC mom says

Quote:

Tamra Demello had been begging her son Tyler Gilreath to get the COVID-19 vaccine for months.
And for months, the 20-year-old resisted getting the shot, telling his mother he was young, healthy and didn't have any pre-existing conditions, and therefore he didn't need the vaccine's protection.

"When they're 20, you can't make them do what they don't want to do anymore," Demello said in an interview Tuesday with The News & Observer. "You can cajole, you can threaten. I can't physically pick him up and put him in the car."

Finally, Gilreath agreed, just in time for his mother's 60th birthday on Aug. 30. He told her he would get vaccinated once he reached the University of North Carolina at Wilmington, where he would be a sophomore and planned to major in computer science.

But he never got a chance. Within days of Demello driving him from their home in Cary to Wilmington, he tested positive for the coronavirus around Aug. 20, she said. On Sept. 27, after going through three weeks of severe illness, Gilreath died.

Eastern Oregon Bear
oski003 said:

Worth watching regarding myocarditis.

We're supposed to take medical advice from a stock broker? One who states that his focus is not on the medical field? From his Twitter page:

As an investment banking advisory firm, we are strategically focused on the infrastructure, energy & utilities sectors globally.

I'll listen to someone who works in the field and not a self proclaimed expert who's read an article or two.

First Page Last Page
Page 29 of 132

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.