Vaccine Redux - Vax up and go to Class

356,686 Views | 4606 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by bearister
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

New study says boosters aren't needed for the general public yet. This puts 003 in a difficult position of having to both blame Biden and big pharma for recommending boosters prematurely to goose profits and blame the mRNA vaccines for being ineffective without a booster. He's been playing both sides for a while so will be interesting to see which anti-vax path takes prominence.

I am not anti vax, I am anti mRNA covid vax with the caveat that people should get it because it is effective and the only thing available against a deadly disease.

The two HEAD FDA scientists were pushed out because they advocate most of the US population not get boosters because pfizer and Moderna are still 90% effective against severe disease for the non vulnerable population. They have more of a global view that the world needs the mRNA vaccines more than healthy Americans need boosters.

However, for the same reason that mRNA was pushed ahead despite its side effects, the US desires covid vaccines to prevent infection because they are still trying to eradicate covid in the united states at least to the extent that even the smaller threat of severe disease is eliminated further. These vaccines given every 5 months can reduce infections significantly. At what cost? Pfizer and Moderna/NIH see dollar signs because they can charge double in the USA what they charge in the third world. Pfizers 4 million spent lobbying in q1 will pay off. Plus, they don't have to pay for more cold chain.

I have always advocated for the US to allow non cold chain safer vaccines that also prevent severe disease. However, the mRNA vaccines worked and prevented development of other vaccines, with the exception of global giant JnJ.

This is 100% consistent with what is happening and your conclusions are entirely misguided based on your preconceived beliefs and angelical need to promote these vaccines.
But you also keep saying that mRNA requires boosters already. Are you saying that's not the case?

Also, the head FDA scientists who resigned under protest also are frustrated by the lack of actual scientific trials for boosters. I think only 300 people total have been in a Pfizer booster trial, and they didn't establish a comparative control group. Of those 300, one had a heart attack two weeks post vax (Pfizer said unrelated) and 15 had enlarged lymph nodes. While the boosters may be relatively safe, the scientists protested a lack of evidence that they actually were, along with lack of a proven need.

FYI, this is a foreign publication. No national outlet in the US will report this stuff:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9993515/amp/Show-jumper-22-suffered-extremely-rare-reaction-Moderna-vaccine-never-ride-again.html?__twitter_impression=true

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9991347/amp/Ex-girlfriend-model-Kris-Smith-suffers-rare-heart-condition-getting-Pfizer-Covid-shot.html

On the other hand, US outlets posts headlines blaming the unvaccinated when the vaccinated succumb to covid 19.

Headline: woman dies from covid after visiting state with low vaccination rate.

"Candace Cay (Kruger) Ayers, 66, of Springfield, passed away on September 3, 2021, at St. John's Hospital in Springfield, IL. She was preceded in death by more than 4,531,799 others infected with Covid-19. She was vaccinated but was infected by others who chose not to be. The cost was her life."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/15/us/illinois-family-vaccine-obit/index.html

It is your fault, you red state mofos!

Why would the Pfizer vaccine be any more or less dangerous as a booster than it is as an initial vaccination?
For a quick answer based on the Nature article above,

"Although the benefits of primary COVID-19 vaccination clearly outweigh the risks, there could be risks if boosters are widely introduced too soon, or too frequently, especially with vaccines that can have immune-mediated side-effects (such as myocarditis, which is more common after the second dose of some mRNA vaccines,3 or Guillain-Barre syndrome, which has been associated with adenovirus-vectored COVID-19 vaccines4). If unnecessary boosting causes significant adverse reactions, there could be implications for vaccine acceptance that go beyond COVID-19 vaccines. Thus, widespread boosting should be undertaken only if there is clear evidence that it is appropriate."

Also, people can develop an allergy to PEG, which is what is causing some Bell's Palsy as well as PEG Allergy Triggered Postvaccination Anaphylaxis.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/2779980
bearister
Has the thought ever crossed your mind that as The Basket of Deplorables start losing family members to Covid, that those of them with more than two brain cells may think that tRump lied to them about the Pandemic? I'm kinda thinkin' that those are the wrong type of people to piss off if you are a city slicker.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Unit2Sucks
bearister said:

Has the thought ever crossed your mind that as The Basket of Deplorables start losing family members to Covid, that those of them with more than two brain cells may think that tRump lied to them about the Pandemic? I'm kinda thinkin' that those are the wrong type of people to piss off if you are a city slicker.
This tweet is both made up and yet depressingly accurate. I wouldn't expect the deplorables to ever wise up or take true personal responsibility for their actions but I do expect gofundme to have a great year raising expenses for people who died from COVID because they decided that they would rather eat horse dewormer or gargle with iodine than do the sane thing and get vaccinated.

dimitrig
Unit2Sucks said:

bearister said:

This tweet is both made up and yet depressingly accurate. I wouldn't expect the deplorables to ever wise up or take true personal responsibility for their actions but I do expect gofundme to have a great year raising expenses for people who died from COVID because they decided that they would rather eat horse dewormer or gargle with iodine than do the sane thing and get vaccinated.

Nothing wrong with doing your own research, but it needs to come from reliable sources such as peer-reviewed journals and not:

Media
Politicians
Corporations
Churches

I don't even trust medical professionals unless what they are telling me agrees with the research. If my doctor prescribes me a medicine I consider that a strong recommendation but not an edict.

However, the issue is when deplorables (to quote Hillary Clinton) do their own research. They probably aren't reading The New England Journal of Medicine and even if they are they either don't understand it or else believe it is part of some crazy conspiracy.

Unit2Sucks
dimitrig said:

Unit2Sucks said:

bearister said:

Nothing wrong with doing your own research, but it needs to come from reliable sources such as peer-reviewed journals and not:

Media
Politicians
Corporations
Churches

I don't even trust medical professionals unless what they are telling me agrees with the research. If my doctor prescribes me a medicine I consider that a strong recommendation but not an edict.

However, the issue is when deplorables (to quote Hillary Clinton) do their own research. They probably aren't reading The New England Journal of Medicine and even if they are they either don't understand it or else believe it is part of some crazy conspiracy.
The vast majority of people "doing their own research" are just confirming their own biases. Reading a peer-reviewed article in a journal and truly understanding it with the required context is beyond the vast majority of non-practitioners. The idea that freedom means encouraging idiots to ignore expert advice so they can follow their gut (as told to them by Fox News and other idiots) is how we ended up where we are. This is how we ended up with a moron in the white house who thought publicly suggesting, with no forethought, that we should consider injecting bleach up our azzes. And that was just one example.
BearForce2
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
oski003
Cal89 said:

dimitrig said:

Cal89 said:

Roy Kent said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Ivermectin is recommended by the CDC to be given by the physicians for preventative treatment of all refugees for intestinal parasites (not covid).

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/guidelines/overseas-guidelines.html

That's not particularly relevant to what's happening now. The idiots eating horse paste believe you need much higher doses and can't get prescriptions.

Look at Oklahoma - ERs are filling up with IVM overdoses.

https://www.insider.com/oklahomas-emergency-rooms-are-clogged-with-people-overdosing-on-ivermectin-2021-9

Quote:

A doctor in rural Oklahoma said the number of people overdosing on the deworming medication ivermectin meant for livestock was so high that emergency rooms were filled to the brim.

The situation is so dire that people with gunshot wounds have to wait their turn to get treatment, Dr. Jason McElyea, an ER physician affiliated with hospitals in Sallisaw, told NBC affiliate KFOR.

McElyea said the hospitals he worked at became overwhelmed after people started taking ivermectin, believing unverified claims that it's an effective COVID-19 treatment.

"The ERs are so backed up that gunshot victims were having hard times getting to facilities where they can get definitive care and be treated," McElyea said.

LOL. That story was a fabrication and you bought it lock, stock, and barrel.

Damn, I should have read this thread more carefully. I think it was in this discussion where I shared this same issue, as a concern about journalistic integrity. Yes, it was here, now a page back:

https://bearinsider.com/forums/6/topics/101590/replies/1908899

It seems these fabricated stories are still out there, Tweets about them, not corrected, removed or flagged as mis/disinformation. This "ends justify the means" messaging mentality is highly destructive, IMO. Sadly, such occurrences are not rare. There should be outrage, but most often, after some noise, silence prevails. Everyone in my circle often doesn't trust the news until, if they can make time, research a specific topic themselves. All too often we find shenanigans and shady tactics employed, if not outright lies. For those on Twitter, DrewHolden360 has a very solid record of calling-out these instances. Not sure if anyone researches and chronicles this BS better than him:

As noted in the earlier post linked above, there is very serious lack of trust in our media. Also, over time, with our government: https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2021/05/17/public-trust-in-government-1958-2021/

Yet, it's our government officials, the media, telling us what to do, what's in our best interest, supposedly. With such a credibility problem, and seemingly no desire to address it, many will unfortunately not know who or what to believe.

It's almost as if some foreign power or adversary was trying to destabilize our society and our government.

Nah.

There's actually plenty of folks with supporting data who feel that way, but that would be a different thread...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/08/30/health/covid-ivermectin-prescriptions.amp.html

The above article was printed on August 30. The original article stated that 70% of calls to Mississippi poison control were for Ivermectin.

They just added the following at the bottom of this two week old article:

Correction: Sept. 13, 2021
An earlier version of this article misstated the percentage of recent calls to the Mississippi poison control center related to ivermectin. It was 2 percent, not 70 percent.

While Ivermectin is not approved and should not be used to treat covid outside a doctor's care, it certainly seems like there is a concerted effort to discredit it.

Today's booster panel recommendations will be interesting. There is a policy need to give people boosters, but BP has not run sufficient trials for the FDA to actually approve boosters under any semblance of scientific process.
oski003
Unexpected and heartbreaking: Thousands flood ABC affiliate's Facebook page with vaccination horror stories

https://trib247.com/articles/unexpected-and-heartbreaking-thousands-flood-abc-affiliate-s-facebook-page-with-vaccination-horror-stories
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unexpected and heartbreaking: Thousands flood ABC affiliate's Facebook page with vaccination horror stories

https://trib247.com/articles/unexpected-and-heartbreaking-thousands-flood-abc-affiliate-s-facebook-page-with-vaccination-horror-stories
*** is trib247? Is there any fake news site that you won't fall in love with for criticizing vaccines? I won't click because I don't want to reward clickbait scammy websites.

In other news:

And lol but true:

oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

*** is trib247? Is there any fake news site that you won't fall in love with for criticizing vaccines? I won't click because I don't want to reward clickbait scammy websites.

In other news:

And lol but true:

You sound upset and cry about the messenger. Here is the Facebook page.

https://m.facebook.com/wxyzdetroit/photos/a.461583946134/10158207966696135/?type=3&source=48
MinotStateBeav
Check out this FDA Hearing I time stamped it at 4 hour 11 min mark, the doctors sound like they want to use science to disprove people that won't take the vax, but that the science available can't. Pretty intersting, I've heard up to 3 doctors so far.

Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

In other news:

And lol but true:

https://m.facebook.com/wxyzdetroit/photos/a.461583946134/10158207966696135/?type=3&source=48
LOL mr pretend scientist now believes anything that anti-vaxxers say on facebook. The link you posted is even less reliable than I imagined the original RWNJ fake news link.

Almost 6 billion COVID vaccine doses have been administered worldwide. We've learned a lot about the risks of the vaccines and have no need to rely on random FB comments for evidence. If people are dropping dead from mRNA vaccines, it would be happening all over the world and we would know about it.

You know it's not true and you don't care because you are so emotionally invested in the narrative you bought into so many months ago. That's why you are so eager to post any random useless quote or article that criticizes vaccines and avoid seeing anything that could hold them in a positive light. You keep projecting your deep-seated emotional response on other people but everyone can see what you're doing.
sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

In other news:

And lol but true:

LOL mr pretend scientist now believes anything that anti-vaxxers say on facebook. The link you posted is even less reliable than I imagined the original RWNJ fake news link.

Almost 6 billion COVID vaccine doses have been administered worldwide. We've learned a lot about the risks of the vaccines and have no need to rely on random FB comments for evidence. If people are dropping dead from mRNA vaccines, it would be happening all over the world and we would know about it.

You know it's not true and you don't care because you are so emotionally invested in the narrative you bought into so many months ago. That's why you are so eager to post any random useless quote or article that criticizes vaccines and avoid seeing anything that could hold them in a positive light. You keep projecting your deep-seated emotional response on other people but everyone can see what you're doing.

I guess it's theoretically possible that for certain groups of people the COVID vaccines are marginally riskier than just catching the disease. That won't be proven via Facebook posts, though.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

In other news:

And lol but true:

I believe a vaccine mandated on the population should be safer. People aren't dropping dead left and right.
I know of only one story of such happening in my circle and the person had an undisclosed nerve condition. With that in mind, it is the only person I have ever heard dying from a vaccine ever (outside of the internet or news). Btw, My son and I got our flu shots this week and turned in my son's shot record to school.
Unit2Sucks
sycasey said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

In other news:

And lol but true:

I guess it's theoretically possible that for certain groups of people the COVID vaccines are marginally riskier than just catching the disease. That won't be proven via Facebook posts, though.
I don't buy it. There is so much cognitive dissonance going on. If someone thinks their immune system is so boss that they have nothing to fear from COVID, why would they be afraid of a vaccine? If you have an adverse reaction to a vaccine, what makes you think you wouldn't have an even worse one from COVID? Imagine thinking a higher power will save you from COVID when he hasn't saved church leaders but has saved hundreds of thousands of vaccinated from suffering that fate? It's almost as if their position makes no sense.

We know the vaccine is effective and safe. 003 knows that too - which is why he's vaccinated. He pines for more effective and safer vaccines but he's perfectly happy to have all these unvaxxed people die because their irrational vaccine hesitance serves his emotional cause.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

sycasey said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

In other news:

And lol but true:

I don't buy it. There is so much cognitive dissonance going on. If someone thinks their immune system is so boss that they have nothing to fear from COVID, why would they be afraid of a vaccine? If you have an adverse reaction to a vaccine, what makes you think you wouldn't have an even worse one from COVID? Imagine thinking a higher power will save you from COVID when he hasn't saved church leaders but has saved hundreds of thousands of vaccinated from suffering that fate? It's almost as if their position makes no sense.

We know the vaccine is effective and safe. 003 knows that too - which is why he's vaccinated. He pines for more effective and safer vaccines but he's perfectly happy to have all these unvaxxed people die because their irrational vaccine hesitance serves his emotional cause.

I am not perfectly happy to have unvaxed people die. You operate under the irrational belief that the vaccine operates as a subset of risk of covid. That is not how it works. There are people that have died from the vaccine that would have never gotten sick from covid. It is a small price to pay to save way more lives but PROBABLY doesn't need to be paid at all with safer vaccines.
sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

sycasey said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

In other news:

And lol but true:

I don't really buy it either, just . . . not ruling out the remote possibility there's something that's been missed.

But again, you need real scientific evidence to prove that, not Facebook anecdotes.
bearister
America fought the pandemic economy and won - Axios

https://www.axios.com/america-fought-the-pandemic-economy-and-won-319d5c0b-e8d9-43c5-b928-aa32c08029aa.html
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearForce2
Unit2Sucks said:

Wouldn't it be easier to be like Bearister and wish everyone would die instead of pretending like you care about people you don't know?
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
oski003
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-megachurch-preacher-and-trump-devotee-says-there-is-no-credible-religious-argument-against-covid-19-vaccines/ar-AAOBHEU?li=BBnbfcL
Unit2Sucks
LOL this is why MAGAts aren't getting vaccinated.

oski003
FYI Hong Kong feels the risk of myocarditis is too high for those under 18 to get more than one mRNA shot.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/hong-kong-panel-advises-single-dose-of-biontech-covid-19-shot-for-teens-1.5587691?cid=sm%3Atrueanthem%3Actvbarrie%3Apost&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook
sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

LOL this is why MAGAts aren't getting vaccinated.

This is very similar to the conservative argument (and that of fake leftists like Yogi) that it's really Democrats' fault that Trump got elected because they were so mean about stuff. Never mind all the Republicans who actually voted for him, of course.
Eastern Oregon Bear
oski003 said:

FYI Hong Kong feels the risk of myocarditis is too high for those under 18 to get more than one mRNA shot.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/hong-kong-panel-advises-single-dose-of-biontech-covid-19-shot-for-teens-1.5587691?cid=sm%3Atrueanthem%3Actvbarrie%3Apost&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook
So we aren't supposed to believe the Chinese about the origins of the Covid virus, but we are supposed to believe them about vaccine safety? I would also like to know more about the subtle differences between the BioNTech and Sinovax vaccines they use and the ones we use over here.
oski003
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

oski003 said:

So we aren't supposed to believe the Chinese about the origins of the Covid virus, but we are supposed to believe them about vaccine safety? I would also like to know more about the subtle differences between the BioNTech and Sinovax vaccines they use and the ones we use over here.

A) It is Hong Kong;
B) mRNA vaccines are more effective than Sinovac; and
C) They have determined that it is better policy to not give their 17 and under two shots of biotech than to risk exposing them to myocarditis.

They are managing the virus better overall and the risk/reward of the second shot of the myocarditis causing vaccines is not worth it for 17 and under.
oski003
More information on myocarditis and mRNA vaccines. 1 in 1000 is far from ideal for teenagers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.news-medical.net/amp/news/20210920/Myocarditis-risk-from-mRNA-COVID-vaccines-re-evaluated-in-Canadian-study.aspx

Edited to add that nobody in this study died of myocarditis, per Unit2Sucks.
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

More information on myocarditis and mRNA vaccines. 1 in 1000 is far from ideal for teenagers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.news-medical.net/amp/news/20210920/Myocarditis-risk-from-mRNA-COVID-vaccines-re-evaluated-in-Canadian-study.aspx
You conveniently left out that all of the cases quickly resolved with standard treatment.

Quote:

Of 32 patients, 30 were admitted to the hospital for clinical observation. Two were monitored as outpatients. The average duration of hospital stay was 4 days. The majority of patients were treated empirically with aspirin and colchicine, and none of them required steroids or other types of immunosuppressants. In all patients, symptoms subsided soon after the standard treatment. No adverse cardiac events and arrhythmias were observed during the hospital stay.

dimitrig
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

You conveniently left out that all of the cases quickly resolved with standard treatment.

Quote:

Of 32 patients, 30 were admitted to the hospital for clinical observation. Two were monitored as outpatients. The average duration of hospital stay was 4 days. The majority of patients were treated empirically with aspirin and colchicine, and none of them required steroids or other types of immunosuppressants. In all patients, symptoms subsided soon after the standard treatment. No adverse cardiac events and arrhythmias were observed during the hospital stay

Being in the hospital for 4 days with heart issues is not something to take lightly.

oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Quote:

Of 32 patients, 30 were admitted to the hospital for clinical observation. Two were monitored as outpatients. The average duration of hospital stay was 4 days. The majority of patients were treated empirically with aspirin and colchicine, and none of them required steroids or other types of immunosuppressants. In all patients, symptoms subsided soon after the standard treatment. No adverse cardiac events and arrhythmias were observed during the hospital stay.

"More information on myocarditis and mRNA vaccines. 1 in 1000 is far from ideal for teenagers."

Yeah, I can't believe I excluded that in my 17 word "essay" on the article. Crazy. I will edit it to add that nobody died of myocarditis in this study.

Unit2Sucks
dimitrig said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Quote:

Of 32 patients, 30 were admitted to the hospital for clinical observation. Two were monitored as outpatients. The average duration of hospital stay was 4 days. The majority of patients were treated empirically with aspirin and colchicine, and none of them required steroids or other types of immunosuppressants. In all patients, symptoms subsided soon after the standard treatment. No adverse cardiac events and arrhythmias were observed during the hospital stay

Being in the hospital for 4 days with heart issues is not something to take lightly.

That's a great reason not to get COVID, which carries with it an even higher risk of myocarditis and hospitalization.
BearForce2
Unit2Sucks
Pfizer announced that positive results from its trial on 5-11 year olds. They haven't yet shared the full results but it looks promising. They are using smaller doses because smaller people.

From NPR:
Quote:

The first results from the highly anticipated trial studying the effectiveness and safety of the Pfizer and BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for children ages 5 to 11 showed promising results.

The pharmaceutical companies said early results of their trial indicate the vaccine is safe for children and establishes a strong antibody response against the virus.

Giving a two-dose regimen of 10 g (micrograms) administered 21 days apart for children between 5 and 11 years old was well tolerated, according to Pfizer and BioNTech. Side effects were also generally comparable to those of people between the ages of 16 and 25 years old who received the vaccine.

This trial used a smaller vaccine dosage, 10 micrograms, rather than the 30 microgram dose used for people 12 and older. The dosage was selected as the preferred dose for safety and effectiveness in young children.

Everyone should be prepared for lots of gnashing of teeth and excessive handwringing from the usual suspects here and nationwide.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

Pfizer announced that positive results from its trial on 5-11 year olds. They haven't yet shared the full results but it looks promising. They are using smaller doses because smaller people.

From NPR:
Quote:

The first results from the highly anticipated trial studying the effectiveness and safety of the Pfizer and BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for children ages 5 to 11 showed promising results.

The pharmaceutical companies said early results of their trial indicate the vaccine is safe for children and establishes a strong antibody response against the virus.

Giving a two-dose regimen of 10 g (micrograms) administered 21 days apart for children between 5 and 11 years old was well tolerated, according to Pfizer and BioNTech. Side effects were also generally comparable to those of people between the ages of 16 and 25 years old who received the vaccine.

This trial used a smaller vaccine dosage, 10 micrograms, rather than the 30 microgram dose used for people 12 and older. The dosage was selected as the preferred dose for safety and effectiveness in young children.

Everyone should be prepared for lots of gnashing of teeth and excessive handwringing from the usual suspects here and nationwide.

It is a good P1 trial that they will try to use as a P3. Nice spin job though. Do you work for them?
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

It is a good P1 trial that they will try to use as a P3. Nice spin job though. Do you work for them?

Lol, predictable hysterics. Please share some more fake VAERS data when you play pretend science.

This is more 003's style:

oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Lol, predictable hysterics. Please share some more fake VAERS data when you play pretend science.

This is more 003's style:

A fact is hysterics? You are a shill.

Btw, I am glad they are going with a 10 ug dose for safety.
First Page Last Page
Page 28 of 132

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.