Vaccine Redux - Vax up and go to Class

362,259 Views | 4701 Replies | Last: 22 hrs ago by movielover
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
concordtom said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

philbert said:

bearister said:

philbert said:

bearister said:

philbert said:

Big C said:

It takes a special kind of thread nowadays to get moved from Growls to Off Topic! Congrats to all who've worked so hard on this!
it was long overdue

tRumpist by chance?

Nope. Just tired of the back and forth that wasn't convincing anyone of anything. At this point, everyone is entrenched in their positions.

But one of the positions is based on politics, not science. False equivalence.
Did it change the hearts and minds of any of the anti-vax/anti-science crowd? I see the same folks posting the same stuff over and over in this thread. No one seems to have changed their position.

There's a much more informative thread on the Insider board, btw.

Highlighting how mRNA vaccines have 30x higher death rate per vaccination than flu vaccines (or any other vaccine that is licensed for use) is not anti-vax.

Where is your evidence for this claim? You've made a number of unsupported claims for months now. You can pretend that your continuous crying wolf isn't anti-vax but the pattern is indistinguishable. You apply a heavy dose of skepticism to any pro mRNA data or discussion and absolutely no such concern with respect to any negative reports, anecdotes or rumors.

So tell us, where is there proof that mRNA vaccines have killed 30x the flu? How many Americans have mRNA vaccines killed?

It is from VAERS, the national vaccine safety monitoring system. I have said this before.

Which has already been demonstrated as an unreliable metric.

Just proof of how disingenuous oski is being. VAERS does not report vaccine caused deaths and he knows it. He may pretend not to be an anti-vaxxer but continues to propagate known disinformation in the hopes that people won't call him out for it.

He wants people to think mRNA causes 30x the deaths of the flu vaccine but in reality he uses a source that isn't intended to be used to conclude that even one person died from the vaccine.

As far as I can tell, oski hasn't provided evidence of a single death from mRNA.

Show some decency. I am not being disingenuous at all. You just parrot whatever our government says. If I posted local news stories of cases of family's ignored when their loved ones died after vaccination, you would shoot them down as unverified because they won't be verified. The foxes are guarding the hen house.

This will likely stay a local news story and not be verified:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wfla.com/community/health/coronavirus/13-year-old-dies-in-sleep-after-getting-covid-19-vaccine-cdc-investigating/amp/

"County health officials told the newspaper that the medical examiner's office had conducted an autopsy, and Clynick's death was reported to the CDC."

"The boy, Jacob Clynick, had no known underlying medical conditions, according to his family."

"The investigation as to whether there is a correlation between his death and vaccination is now at the federal level with CDC," This death was on June 15th. Pfizer got EUA for this age range in May.

Oh wait, I forgot, healthy 13 year olds with no underlying health conditions drop dead all the time. Again, SARCASM.

Makes up a 30x death rate with no basis and then plays the victim card and asks for decency.

That child's death is a horrible tragedy and I feel for his family. We still don't know whether it's a pure vaccine death and I do hope that the appropriate people can make a proper determination. The fact that the family wasn't aware of comorbidities doesn't mean that he didn't have any. I had a friend who had no known health problems who died in his sleep at 22. It was devastating. It turns out he had an undiagnosed heart condition.

You will continue to dissemble and mislead at every turn in hopes you can slip one through the goalie. Stop pretending you're a victim or that you are on a noble crusade.

I gave a factual basis. You are the one spinning and lying. I will continue to post information as it comes available. Have a nice day.

False. You intentionally made a false and misleading declarative statement in order to attack the mRNA vaccines because of your agenda. You could make a lot of supported factual claims about VAERS reports, but the one you made was completely unsupported. You should stop and if you weren't a fraud you would stop making these sorts of claims.

You pretend to be some sort of unbiased observer but continually play games and mislead. You know what VAERS is and how it works but hope other people won't call you out on it. And maybe you will convince low information readers to believe your garbage.

For anyone who is interested in why Oski's claim that mRNA vaccines cause 30x as many deaths (despite the fact that he can't even find one proven death) is both false and incredibly disingenuous, here is what the CDC says about VAERS: https://vaers.hhs.gov/data/dataguide.html

Quote:

When evaluating data from VAERS, it is important to note that for any reported event, no cause-and-effect relationship has been established. Reports of all possible associations between vaccines and adverse events (possible side effects) are filed in VAERS. Therefore, VAERS collects data on any adverse event following vaccination, be it coincidental or truly caused by a vaccine. The report of an adverse event to VAERS is not documentation that a vaccine caused the event.

VAERS reports can be submitted voluntarily by anyone, including healthcare providers, patients, or family members. Reports vary in quality and completeness. They often lack details and sometimes can have information that contains errors.

And there is a perfectly good reason why there would be so many more reports for potential COVID vaccine related deaths than for the flu: COVID is a new disease with new vaccines and the government is actively asking people to report anything and everything. So the high reporting numbers don't mean anything other than that extra reporting is encouraged.

I believe it's possible that the new vaccines have higher risks associated with them. I also don't think the VAERS data is good evidence of that.

At this point, we are just posting the same things. Your "noble" attacks on me are noted and not appreciated. I will continue to post new information as it becomes available.

I believe your motivation to be genuine and well-intentioned. You believe that we need to stop vaccine hesitancy and get more people vaccinated to stop covid 19. I believe this board is a place where I can question what our health officials are saying and doing. There is a lot to question. I sincerely believe that mRNA spike protein vaccines are not as safe as we are led to believe, and our leaders have put us in a position such that this is our only protection.
You can post whatever you want. I am also free to keep saying why I don't find your argument convincing.

See my post immediately above.
We are all on the same side, here, no?
What am I missing. Oski said he's for the vaccine age 30+ So that leaves us debating below 30. Okay, we are well on our way home on the issue of vaccines, no?

Below 30 is the whole issue. More people who won't get vaccinated and as a result will help drive further spread and new virus mutations.
oski003
sycasey said:

concordtom said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

philbert said:

bearister said:

philbert said:

bearister said:

philbert said:

Big C said:

It takes a special kind of thread nowadays to get moved from Growls to Off Topic! Congrats to all who've worked so hard on this!
it was long overdue

tRumpist by chance?

Nope. Just tired of the back and forth that wasn't convincing anyone of anything. At this point, everyone is entrenched in their positions.

But one of the positions is based on politics, not science. False equivalence.
Did it change the hearts and minds of any of the anti-vax/anti-science crowd? I see the same folks posting the same stuff over and over in this thread. No one seems to have changed their position.

There's a much more informative thread on the Insider board, btw.

Highlighting how mRNA vaccines have 30x higher death rate per vaccination than flu vaccines (or any other vaccine that is licensed for use) is not anti-vax.

Where is your evidence for this claim? You've made a number of unsupported claims for months now. You can pretend that your continuous crying wolf isn't anti-vax but the pattern is indistinguishable. You apply a heavy dose of skepticism to any pro mRNA data or discussion and absolutely no such concern with respect to any negative reports, anecdotes or rumors.

So tell us, where is there proof that mRNA vaccines have killed 30x the flu? How many Americans have mRNA vaccines killed?

It is from VAERS, the national vaccine safety monitoring system. I have said this before.

Which has already been demonstrated as an unreliable metric.

Just proof of how disingenuous oski is being. VAERS does not report vaccine caused deaths and he knows it. He may pretend not to be an anti-vaxxer but continues to propagate known disinformation in the hopes that people won't call him out for it.

He wants people to think mRNA causes 30x the deaths of the flu vaccine but in reality he uses a source that isn't intended to be used to conclude that even one person died from the vaccine.

As far as I can tell, oski hasn't provided evidence of a single death from mRNA.

Show some decency. I am not being disingenuous at all. You just parrot whatever our government says. If I posted local news stories of cases of family's ignored when their loved ones died after vaccination, you would shoot them down as unverified because they won't be verified. The foxes are guarding the hen house.

This will likely stay a local news story and not be verified:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wfla.com/community/health/coronavirus/13-year-old-dies-in-sleep-after-getting-covid-19-vaccine-cdc-investigating/amp/

"County health officials told the newspaper that the medical examiner's office had conducted an autopsy, and Clynick's death was reported to the CDC."

"The boy, Jacob Clynick, had no known underlying medical conditions, according to his family."

"The investigation as to whether there is a correlation between his death and vaccination is now at the federal level with CDC," This death was on June 15th. Pfizer got EUA for this age range in May.

Oh wait, I forgot, healthy 13 year olds with no underlying health conditions drop dead all the time. Again, SARCASM.

Makes up a 30x death rate with no basis and then plays the victim card and asks for decency.

That child's death is a horrible tragedy and I feel for his family. We still don't know whether it's a pure vaccine death and I do hope that the appropriate people can make a proper determination. The fact that the family wasn't aware of comorbidities doesn't mean that he didn't have any. I had a friend who had no known health problems who died in his sleep at 22. It was devastating. It turns out he had an undiagnosed heart condition.

You will continue to dissemble and mislead at every turn in hopes you can slip one through the goalie. Stop pretending you're a victim or that you are on a noble crusade.

I gave a factual basis. You are the one spinning and lying. I will continue to post information as it comes available. Have a nice day.

False. You intentionally made a false and misleading declarative statement in order to attack the mRNA vaccines because of your agenda. You could make a lot of supported factual claims about VAERS reports, but the one you made was completely unsupported. You should stop and if you weren't a fraud you would stop making these sorts of claims.

You pretend to be some sort of unbiased observer but continually play games and mislead. You know what VAERS is and how it works but hope other people won't call you out on it. And maybe you will convince low information readers to believe your garbage.

For anyone who is interested in why Oski's claim that mRNA vaccines cause 30x as many deaths (despite the fact that he can't even find one proven death) is both false and incredibly disingenuous, here is what the CDC says about VAERS: https://vaers.hhs.gov/data/dataguide.html

Quote:

When evaluating data from VAERS, it is important to note that for any reported event, no cause-and-effect relationship has been established. Reports of all possible associations between vaccines and adverse events (possible side effects) are filed in VAERS. Therefore, VAERS collects data on any adverse event following vaccination, be it coincidental or truly caused by a vaccine. The report of an adverse event to VAERS is not documentation that a vaccine caused the event.

VAERS reports can be submitted voluntarily by anyone, including healthcare providers, patients, or family members. Reports vary in quality and completeness. They often lack details and sometimes can have information that contains errors.

And there is a perfectly good reason why there would be so many more reports for potential COVID vaccine related deaths than for the flu: COVID is a new disease with new vaccines and the government is actively asking people to report anything and everything. So the high reporting numbers don't mean anything other than that extra reporting is encouraged.

I believe it's possible that the new vaccines have higher risks associated with them. I also don't think the VAERS data is good evidence of that.

At this point, we are just posting the same things. Your "noble" attacks on me are noted and not appreciated. I will continue to post new information as it becomes available.

I believe your motivation to be genuine and well-intentioned. You believe that we need to stop vaccine hesitancy and get more people vaccinated to stop covid 19. I believe this board is a place where I can question what our health officials are saying and doing. There is a lot to question. I sincerely believe that mRNA spike protein vaccines are not as safe as we are led to believe, and our leaders have put us in a position such that this is our only protection.
You can post whatever you want. I am also free to keep saying why I don't find your argument convincing.

See my post immediately above.
We are all on the same side, here, no?
What am I missing. Oski said he's for the vaccine age 30+ So that leaves us debating below 30. Okay, we are well on our way home on the issue of vaccines, no?

Below 30 is the whole issue. More people who won't get vaccinated and as a result will help drive further spread and new virus mutations.

Maybe the issue is/was the CDC trying to encourage vaccination by relaxing mask and social distancing rules for those vaccinated without any legal means to have a business or public building verify that a customer or guest is actually vaccinated?

Again, provide a vaccination choice. Stop giving Pfizer and JnJ the controls.
oski003
Please realize that I will continue to post here in an effort to create awareness such that US vaccination strategy may change. I am not trying to convince individuals here to avoid vaccination.
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

By the way, 2,000 alleged vaccine deaths were added to VAERS today. We are now up to 11,000. 4,000 were added in a two week period.

They aren't even alleged vaccine deaths. Why do you have to spread so much disinformation? It's pathetic and you should be ashamed of yourself for continuing to try to mislead people.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

By the way, 2,000 alleged vaccine deaths were added to VAERS today. We are now up to 11,000. 4,000 were added in a two week period.

They aren't even alleged vaccine deaths. Why do you have to spread so much disinformation? It's pathetic and you should be ashamed of yourself for continuing to try to mislead people.

2,000 people randomly died within days or weeks of getting vaccinated and, in just one week, were reported to VAERS as a possible side effect. Is that better? Should I now be less ashamed?
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

2,000 people randomly died within days or weeks of getting vaccinated and, in just one week, were reported to VAERS as a possible side effect. Is that better? Should I now be less ashamed?

It would be better if you stopped reporting unverified reports with the purpose of misleading people.

Fortunately now that this thread has been squirreled to OT fewer people will see your shameless misinformation.
oski003
Sex: Female

Vaccinated: 2021-05-23
Onset: 2021-06-07
Days after vaccination: 15

Other Medications: None
Current Illness: Headache started around 3 weeks prior to event that delayed dose of second vaccine. Headache was very severe and she saw PCP for it twice and it lasted a week. It then resolved and she got her second vaccine.
Preexisting Conditions: None except obesity with BMI 39
Allergies: None

Write-up: Patient had massive acute intracranial hemorrhage. Was found down in bathroom. In ED CT scan showed large intraventricular hemorrhage, EVD placed, patient progressed to massive brain swelling and infarctions, decompressive craniectomy, unable to control intracranial pressure, parents agreed to DNR status and patient is not expected to survive.
AunBear89
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

It would be better if you stopped reporting unverified reports with the purpose of misleading people.

Fortunately now that this thread has been squirreled to OT fewer people will see your shameless misinformation.
Everybody knows, in the RWNJ World, correlation equals causation.

Example: The sun was shining when I woke up this morning. I stubbed my toe as I got out of bed.
Therefor, sunshine makes you stub your toe.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Unit2Sucks
I'm starting to dig into VAERS reports and seeing a pattern:

VAERS ID 0984766-1
Male, 34
"My ***** swelled to ten times its size"

VAERS ID 1313235-1
Male, 26
"The patient also reported seeing angels and demons in bed; Also, the patient noticed that the ***** tip got red and experienced pain."

VAERS ID 1135758-1
Male 49
"Had a very strong erection through night most of the morning; Very horrible side effects; very unusual side effects"

VAERS ID 1338085-1
Male, 44
"I noticed a substantial increase in the length and girth upon sexual arousal that I've never quite experienced ever before. The length of my erect ***** before 2021 was approximately 7.5 Inches with a girth of about 3.5 Iches. However, after receiving the 1st dose of the Moderna Vaccine, the average length of my erect ***** is now 9+ inches, with an average girth of 4.25 inches. I actually like the positive changes so this is the first time I am actually report it to anyone at all."

sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

VAERS ID 0984766-1
Male, 34

VAERS ID 1313235-1
Male, 26
"The patient also reported seeing angels and demons in bed; Also, the patient noticed that the ***** tip got red and experienced pain."

VAERS ID 1135758-1
Male 49
"Had a very strong erection through night most of the morning; Very horrible side effects; very unusual side effects"

VAERS ID 1338085-1
Male, 44
"I noticed a substantial increase in the length and girth upon sexual arousal that I've never quite experienced ever before. The length of my erect ***** before 2021 was approximately 7.5 Inches with a girth of about 3.5 Iches. However, after receiving the 1st dose of the Moderna Vaccine, the average length of my erect ***** is now 9+ inches, with an average girth of 4.25 inches. I actually like the positive changes so this is the first time I am actually report it to anyone at all."
Moderna looking better and better!
AunBear89
Unit2Sucks said:

VAERS ID 0984766-1
Male, 34

VAERS ID 1313235-1
Male, 26

VAERS ID 1135758-1
Male 49

VAERS ID 1338085-1
Male, 44

BearFarce wants to vet all these reports to ensure they are really men and not women with swinging dicks.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
oski003
Please note I am only focusing on the 11,000 deaths. It is easier to sift through BS that way. Obviously, there are some jokers who post some stuff on VAERS. That doesn't nullify the good data, even though you wish it did. This isn't funny.

Sex: Male

Vaccinated: 2021-06-13
Onset: 2021-06-14
Days after vaccination: 1

Preexisting Conditions:
Allergies:
Diagnostic Lab Data:
CDC Split Type:

Write-up: Flu like symptoms for 2 days then was found deceased

bearister
John C. Holmes would have snickered at Male, 44, for publicizing his shortcomings.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Please note I am only focusing on the 11,000 deaths. It is easier to sift through BS that way. Obviously, there are some jokers who post some stuff on VAERS. That doesn't nullify the good data, even though you wish it did. This isn't funny.

You haven't been posting data. You are posting unverified reports that need to be investigated by the CDC to determine if it's data and then they have to try to determine whether there was a causal link. Over 330 million vaccine doses have been administered in the US so far - that's lots of opportunity for events to occur coincident with a dose and that's even assuming that the reports are both truthful and accurate, which we know is just an assumption.

Your listing of unverified, unresearched reports is no different from my listing above. The plural of anecdotes isn't data and you know it. You don't have any idea what the good data is nor do you care. You see something negative about mRNA and you post it as fact. That's not the methodology of someone interested in having a good faith discussion.

But you have an agenda and it's obvious that you will continue to pursue that agenda both vigorously and shamelessly.
oski003
Sex: Female

Vaccinated: 2021-06-17
Onset: 2021-06-23
Days after vaccination: 6

Other Medications: Vienva 0.1-20 mg-mcg per tablet
Current Illness: No.
Preexisting Conditions: Obesity, Family history of clotting disorder (her workup with negative), and depression.
Allergies: NKDA
Diagnostic Lab Data:
CDC Split Type:

Write-up: Cardiac arrest without resuscitation. Unknown cause of cardiac arrest. Awaiting autopsy report.
oski003
Sex: Male

Vaccinated: 2021-06-02
Onset: 2021-06-19
Days after vaccination: 17

Write-up: myocarditis in young men receiving their 2nd @pfizer shot/ Have others died from it or is my nephew the first; heart was enlarged and there was some fluid surrounding it; heart was enlarged and there was some fluid surroundin it; This is a spontaneous report from a non-contactable consumer or other non hcp (patient''s aunt). A 13-years-old male patient received bnt162b2 (PFIZER-BIONTECH COVID-19 VACCINE, Formulation: Solution for injection, Lot Number: EW0217 and expiry date not reported), dose 2 via an unspecified route of administration on 13Jun2021 (at the age of 13 years) as dose 2, single for covid-19 immunisation. The patient received the first dose, bnt162b2 (PFIZER-BIONTECH COVID-19 VACCINE, Formulation: Solution for injection, Lot Number: EW0168 and expiry date not reported) on 03May2021 (at the age of 13 years) as dose 1, single for covid-19 immunisation. The patient medical history was not reported. Patient had no known health problems, was healthy and was on no medications. Reportedly, patient died less than 3 days later of 2nd covid shot. The initial autopsy results (done Friday) were that his heart was enlarged and there was some fluid surrounding it. The team speculated the patient said he had a cardiac event. Reporter stated that there have been cases of myocarditis in young men receiving their 2nd pfizer shot, have others died from it or was patient the first. Reporter stated that the vaccine was saving millions of lives, she knows it was mostly safe but the patient died. Reporter stated that if patient had not received the 2nd shot. we believe he would be alive today. A vaccine for a virus he had a 99.99% chance of surviving. Patient did not receive any treatment. Outcome of all the events was fatal.; Sender''s Comments: Linked Report(s) : US-PFIZER INC-2021757528 Same reporter, same drug, different patient; Reported Cause(s) of Death: His heart was enlarged and there was some fluid surrounding it; His heart was enlarged and there was some fluid surrounding it.

Write-up: Date of Admission: 6/19/2021 Date of Death: 6/20/2021 Primary Care Physician: No primary care provider on file. REASON FOR ADMISSION: Patient is a 13-year-old previously healthy male who was admitted after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest with ROSC after CPR for 15 minutes in the field, found to be in the context of large cerebellar hemorrhage secondary to brain lesion (AVM vs tumor). BRIEF SUMMARY OF HOSPITALIZATION: Patient was intubated prior to arrival to the ED. Upon arrival he was started on epinephrine and norepinephrine drips to maintain perfusion and was administered bicarbonate x2. Head CTA was obtained and was notable for midbrain hemorrhage and tonsillar herniation, and no contrast enhanced blood flow in the brain. Brain death exams were completed at 09:59 and 14:20. APNEA test was performed at 13:30, which is the official time of brain death. Official cause of death was brainstem herniation from intracranial hemorrhage. Mechanical ventilation was continued to allow family time to grieve and perform last rites. Time of cardiac death after mechanical ventilation withdrawal was 18:36. HOSPITAL COURSE BY PROBLEM: FEN/Renal/Endo: #Central DI He received 1.5 L of normal saline bolus in the ED and an additional 3 L of ringers lactate bolus overnight in the ICU to maintain perfusion and decrease heart rate. His sodium was 141 upon presentation but reached a maximum of 160 due to central diabetes insipidus. He was started on 0.45% normal saline at 100 mL/hr to improve hypernatremia, which was monitored Q1h until normonatremic. He additionally required vasopressin drip to be started due to central DI, which was increased to a maximum of 20 mU/kg/hr. CV: At time of admission, epinephrine was running at 0.1 mcg/kg/min and norepinephrine was 0.1 mcg/kg/hr. Norepinephrine was increased shortly thereafter to 0.12 mcg/kg/min. In the morning after admission, he had tachycardia to the 190s, which appeared to be narrow complex. Epinephrine and norepinephrine were discontinued. Two doses of adenosine were administered (6 mg first dose, 12 mg second dose) due to suspected SVT. The rate decreased for ~4 seconds after the second dose however returned to ~180. EKG arrived which showed sinus tachycardia so no further medications or cardiac interventions were done. Fluid rates were increased to 2x MIVF rate and additional 500 mL bolus of LR was administered. Norepinephrine and epinephrine were restarted and escalated due to low blood pressures in the early afternoon.to allow family time with patient. Both titrated to effect. Pulm: Patient was mechanically ventilated to achieve normal pH, normocarbia, and high arterial oxygen tension per brain death protocol. He had no primary pulmonary disease during this admission. Neuro: #Intraparenchymal hemorrhage #Tonsillar herniation Neurosurgery was consulted. Mannitol x1 and hypertonic saline 23% x1 were administered to decrease intracranial pressures. Keppra 2g was administered for seizure prophylaxis. No sedation was needed during patient''s hospitalization. PERTINENT STUDIES & CONSULTS: Pediatric neurology Neurosurgery PENDING TESTS RESULTS: None RECOMMENDATIONS AND FOLLOWUP: None No future appointments. PHYSICAL EXAMINATION: BP 108/78 | Pulse (!) 144 | Temp 36.5 ?C (97.7 ?F) | Resp (!) 15 | Ht 1.65 m (5'' 4.96") | Wt 46.5 kg (102 lb 8.2 oz) | SpO2 99% | BMI 17.08 kg/m? Estimated body mass index is 17.08 kg/m? as calculated from the following: Height as of this encounter: 1.65 m (5'' 4.96"). Weight as of this encounter: 46.5 kg (102 lb 8.2 oz). ALLERGIES N

2 reports on the same thing. Consolidated them.
BearForce2
Unit2Sucks said:

But comrade, you are one of the top spreaders of misinformation here. Please calm down and realize your biggest supporter here is Aunbear.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
Unit2Sucks
In case for some reason you thought oski, zipperhate, et al. are outliers.

The stakes for fighting misinformation are life and death

Quote:

Nearly all deaths from COVID-19 in the United States are preventable

The United States surgeon general published a report this week calling for a whole-of-society response to health misinformation, calling it a "serious threat to public health." It took a sweeping look at a wide range of misinformation, on everything from masks to unproven drugs.

But the focus of Surgeon General Vivek Murthy's remarks circled back to vaccines. Daily vaccination rates have stalled out at around 500,000 shots per day, and in many pockets of the country, a majority of people aren't getting immunized. The US is struggling to bump those numbers up.

Misinformation about the COVID-19 vaccines spreads fast, and so do the accompanying consequences. The rapid spread of the more transmissible Delta coronavirus variant makes them even easier to see.

Case counts are going up around the country, particularly in areas with low vaccination rates. Every person hospitalized with COVID-19 in Los Angeles County is unvaccinated. In Louisiana, 94 percent of COVID-19 cases since May were among the unvaccinated.

bearister
Man, believed to have died from vaccine, died from heart disease

https://mol.im/a/9796353
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
AunBear89
YogiHydraSockPuppet - my very own stalker. You can't quit me.

How's your butthurt these days?

oski003
bearister said:

It sounds like the vaccine likely sped up the timing of his death, but he would have not died but for the heart disease. Many covid deaths are like this as well.
oski003
Some information on the immunocompromised, their protection, and variants.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-vaccine-updates-07-17-21/h_7a9c613db596cabe7e8d2361fead90d0

https://www.google.com/amp/s/api.nationalgeographic.com/distribution/public/amp/science/article/the-complex-situation-for-immunocompromised-people-and-covid-19-vaccines

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inquirer.com/health/coronavirus/covid-19-variants-resistant-to-treatment-arise-immunocompromised-patients--20210212.html%3foutputType=amp
Zippergate
Posted on Twitter by Dr. Robert Malone, inventor of mRNA technology

"Many have been asking for this. Pfizer adolescent Risk / benefit calculations based on official CDC data, forwarded to me by an actuary. Please prove these wrong?"

(Links to data on CDC website)

"Thus, the Pfizer vaccine is 3 to 5 times more like to cause a 12 to 17 year old male to be hospitalized, than the CDC predicts it will prevent hospitalization from the disease itself."

"For 12 to 17 old females, the Pfizer vaccine is 4 to 5 times more likely to cause hospitalization than CDC predicts to prevent it, by similar calculations."

"So 12-17 year old males are only 16% less likely to die from COVID, than their vaccine. Females aged 12-17 years old are 72% MORE like to die from their vaccine than COVID itself."

dimitrig
Zippergate said:

"Many have been asking for this. Pfizer adolescent Risk / benefit calculations based on official CDC data, forwarded to me by an actuary. Please prove these wrong?"

"Thus, the Pfizer vaccine is 3 to 5 times more like to cause a 12 to 17 year old male to be hospitalized, than the CDC predicts it will prevent hospitalization from the disease itself."

"For 12 to 17 old females, the Pfizer vaccine is 4 to 5 times more likely to cause hospitalization than CDC predicts to prevent it, by similar calculations."

"So 12-17 year old males are only 16% less likely to die from COVID, than their vaccine. Females aged 12-17 years old are 72% MORE like to die from their vaccine than COVID itself."

This may be true. Let's assume it is.

How many lives of other age groups may be saved if 12-17 year old males don't go around spreading COVID everywhere and helping to create new variants in the process?

oski003
dimitrig said:

Zippergate said:

How many lives of other age groups may be saved if 12-17 year old males don't go around spreading COVID everywhere and helping to create new variants in the process?

Vaccinated individuals are spreading covid and creating variants in the process, likely at a lower rate than unvaccinated but offset by not social distancing and wearing masks.

Edited to add a counterpart. I do believe that those who were eligible to get an eua vaccine and chose not to should not take hospital beds from those who were either ineligible or got vaccinated.
concordtom
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

You haven't been posting data. You are posting unverified reports ...

"I mean, it could be Russia, but it could also be China. It could also be lots of other people. It also could be somebody sitting on their bed that weighs 400 pounds, OK? You don't know who ..."
concordtom
Unit2Sucks said:

In case for some reason you thought oski, zipperhate, et al. are outliers.

The stakes for fighting misinformation are life and death

Quote:

Nearly all deaths from COVID-19 in the United States are preventable

The United States surgeon general published a report this week calling for a whole-of-society response to health misinformation, calling it a "serious threat to public health." It took a sweeping look at a wide range of misinformation, on everything from masks to unproven drugs.

But the focus of Surgeon General Vivek Murthy's remarks circled back to vaccines. Daily vaccination rates have stalled out at around 500,000 shots per day, and in many pockets of the country, a majority of people aren't getting immunized. The US is struggling to bump those numbers up.

Misinformation about the COVID-19 vaccines spreads fast, and so do the accompanying consequences. The rapid spread of the more transmissible Delta coronavirus variant makes them even easier to see.

Case counts are going up around the country, particularly in areas with low vaccination rates. Every person hospitalized with COVID-19 in Los Angeles County is unvaccinated. In Louisiana, 94 percent of COVID-19 cases since May were among the unvaccinated.

Or as Biden said, the spreaders of misinformation are getting people killed.
concordtom
oski003 said:

bearister said:

It sounds like the vaccine likely sped up the timing of his death, but he would have not died but for the heart disease. Many covid deaths are like this as well.

Yeah.
For me, day to day living sped up the timing of my death; I would have not died but for the daily living.

Please let it be reported that living is toxic and deadly - to be avoided!
BearForce2
concordtom said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Quote:

Or as Biden said, the spreaders of misinformation are getting people killed.

Both Joe Biden and Kamala Harris have spent months spreading doubt and misinformation.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
concordtom
Oh just shut the hell up, would you?!!!
BearForce2

Of course, this doesn't apply just to science but with all things from the left.
Zippergate
dimitrig said:

Zippergate said:

1. It is unethical to do harm to one group, children, in order to protect another group from potential harm.
2. Children have long lives ahead of them, most of those dying from Covid do not. Therefore, in terms of human life years protected or lost, your argument is highly like to be false.
3. There are effective treatments for Covid. Most deaths from Covid could be prevented if our industry-captured government officials would stop following a vaccination-only agenda and allow doctors to use what has been learned from doctors all around the world in treating Covid.
4. Children do not spread Covid to adults at high rates. This has been proven in school settings across the world.
5. If the vaccines are so effective, why should anyone care whether the person sitting next to you is vaccinated or not?
6. One of the top vaccine scientists in the world says just the opposite; that the policy to vaccinate everyone in the middle of a pandemic is crazy because it increases the rate of variant proliferation.

At the very least, all people getting the coivd vaccines are entitled to full disclosure about the risks. I don't know how anyone on this board can honestly say that this is currently occurring.

Btw, the UK will not recommend Covid vaccines for teenagers on the advice of scientists.

Baghdad Bob Psaki in a rare moment of candor...
https://t.co/axuc2sPY33
Big C

Other countries wish they had our access to the vaccines. We have it, but almost a third of the nation won't take the jab, even after all the s*** we've been through the past 16 months (including 600,000+ dead Americans).

I know, as a people, we've always had sort of an anti-intellectual streak, but when did we become "the stupid country"?
Unit2Sucks
Looks like there are a lot of problems with one of the most widely cited Ivermectin studies. Sounds like it's all BS. Why isn't Zipperhate talking about it? Is this what Robert Malone says will save us?

HTTPS://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/jul/16/huge-study-supporting-ivermectin-as-covid-treatment-withdrawn-over-ethical-concerns

Quote:

A medical student in London, Jack Lawrence, was among the first to identify serious concerns about the paper, leading to the retraction. He first became aware of the Elgazzar preprint when it was assigned to him by one of his lecturers for an assignment that formed part of his master's degree. He found the introduction section of the paper appeared to have been almost entirely plagiarised.

It appeared that the authors had run entire paragraphs from press releases and websites about ivermectin and Covid-19 through a thesaurus to change key words. "Humorously, this led to them changing 'severe acute respiratory syndrome' to 'extreme intense respiratory syndrome' on one occasion," Lawrence said.

The data also looked suspicious to Lawrence, with the raw data apparently contradicting the study protocol on several occasions.

"The authors claimed to have done the study only on 18-80 year olds, but at least three patients in the dataset were under 18," Lawrence said.

"The authors claimed they conducted the study between the 8th of June and 20th of September 2020, however most of the patients who died were admitted into hospital and died before the 8th of June according to the raw data. The data was also terribly formatted, and includes one patient who left hospital on the non-existent date of 31/06/2020."

There were other concerns.

Zippergate
Big C said:

Other countries wish they had our access to the vaccines. We have it, but almost a third of the nation won't take the jab, even after all the s*** we've been through the past 16 months (including 600,000+ dead Americans).

I know, as a people, we've always had sort of an anti-intellectual streak, but when did we become "the stupid country"?
When did we become Oceania?
First Page Last Page
Page 17 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.