Vaccine Redux - Vax up and go to Class

362,276 Views | 4701 Replies | Last: 23 hrs ago by movielover
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearForce2
Big C said:

BearForce2 said:

The virus is currently winding its way through the colder Northeast. We know darn well that it cycles through different areas. . Coincidentally, where it is now contains more blue states. Let's be intellectually honest and see which states have the most per capita deaths since the beginning of the pandemic. And if you would prefer to wait a couple of months to allow the NE to complete their surge, I'm fine with that.

Understood, but for the purposes of this board, I was expecting to see Governor from blue state x is killing his own residents thread since DeSantis has his own thread.
sycasey
BearForce2 said:

Big C said:

BearForce2 said:

The virus is currently winding its way through the colder Northeast. We know darn well that it cycles through different areas. . Coincidentally, where it is now contains more blue states. Let's be intellectually honest and see which states have the most per capita deaths since the beginning of the pandemic. And if you would prefer to wait a couple of months to allow the NE to complete their surge, I'm fine with that.

Understood, but for the purposes of this board, I was expecting to see Governor from blue state x is killing his own residents thread since DeSantis has his own thread.
If you want to find out which governors are killing their residents, maybe better to look at COVID death rates, not case rates.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Israel is about to start their 4th dose of mRNA (due to waning protection).
More false and misleading information from 003. There has been discussion of a 4th shot in Israel but it's certainly not "about to start." You can't help but unethically push your agenda at all times.

Health Ministry advisory board decides against fourth COVID shot, for now

Quote:

Health Ministry experts advising on COVID-19 policy decided overnight Sunday against recommending a fourth vaccine shot for the general population, a measure that has been raised as a possibility by the health minister and the premier.

An advisory panel on dealing with the coronavirus pandemic also decided, along with the ministry's vaccination panel, against reducing the period between receiving a second inoculation dose and a third, booster shot from the current six months to just three months. The idea was considered as a way to more quickly increase overall immunity in the population due to the spread of the new, highly infectious Omicron variant.

Regarding other potential vaccine plans, the two panels decided against giving a second dose to recovered COVID patients who have already had one vaccine shot, or a booster to those who have already had two doses and were then infected.

A fourth (or second booster) shot just for the elderly or immunocompromised was also ruled out.

The fourth (or second booster) shot just for the elderly or immunocompromised that you said was not about to start seven days ago has been approved! I am not going to accuse you of lying. You were just provided false information. I know, I know... The science changes. Lol.

On second thought, "You can't help but unethically push your agenda at all times.". More "false and misleading information" from USuck.

VE drops to 60% after 3rd shot.

BearNIt
BearForce2 said:

Big C said:

BearForce2 said:

The governors from blue states have their residents vaccinated so the likelihood that their residents are admitted to ICUs or die is significantly lower than those of red states where the vaccination rates are significantly lower. If you live in an area that voted for Trump you are 3 times more likely to die if you contract COVID.
bearister
…and after they die, their ballots will still be cast for tRump in 2024.
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

More false and misleading information from 003. There has been discussion of a 4th shot in Israel but it's certainly not "about to start." You can't help but unethically push your agenda at all times.

Quote:

Health Ministry experts advising on COVID-19 policy decided overnight Sunday against recommending a fourth vaccine shot for the general population, a measure that has been raised as a possibility by the health minister and the premier.

An advisory panel on dealing with the coronavirus pandemic also decided, along with the ministry's vaccination panel, against reducing the period between receiving a second inoculation dose and a third, booster shot from the current six months to just three months. The idea was considered as a way to more quickly increase overall immunity in the population due to the spread of the new, highly infectious Omicron variant.

Regarding other potential vaccine plans, the two panels decided against giving a second dose to recovered COVID patients who have already had one vaccine shot, or a booster to those who have already had two doses and were then infected.

A fourth (or second booster) shot just for the elderly or immunocompromised was also ruled out.

The fourth (or second booster) shot just for the elderly or immunocompromised that you said was not about to start seven days ago has been approved! I am not going to accuse you of lying. You were just provided false information. I know, I know... The science changes. Lol.

On second thought, "You can't help but unethically push your agenda at all times.". More "false and misleading information" from USuck.

My post was true when posted, yours was false and misleading. Israel is taking a lot of precautions and has had around 1/3 as many deaths from COVID per capita as the US. Due to their aggressive vaccination program, their advantage will continue to grow. You are cheering for failure like a petulant zealot.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Quote:

My post was true when posted, yours was false and misleading. Israel is taking a lot of precautions and has had around 1/3 as many deaths from COVID per capita as the US. Due to their aggressive vaccination program, their advantage will continue to grow. You are cheering for failure like a petulant zealot.

I am not cheering for failure. Again, that is more false and misleading information. Obviously, your statement wasn't true when you posted it. Again, false and misleading statement. I do, however, agree with your statement that vaccination reduces deaths.
bearister
Royal Caribbean says at least 48 people on board one of its ships that docked in Miami over the weekend have tested positive for the virus.

https://abc7news.com/health/48-test-positive-for-covid-on-worlds-biggest-cruise-ship/11362914/

If that ship ever cruises into SF Bay:

BearForce2
oski003
BearForce2 said:

It is getting hard to keep up with all this false and misleading information. :/
bearister
What the President Could Have Done Today to Counter the Pandemic

https://erictopol.substack.com/p/what-the-president-could-have-done

" Admittedly, there are many things the White House and President Biden cannot control. Like the opposition to vaccines, masks, science, and our main defense tactics to counter the pandemic. Like facing very challenging versions of the virus that are hyper-contagious and evade our immune system. Yet there are certainly several strategic points that could have been enacted today, such as:

1. Booster shots at 4 months after the 2nd dose, not 6 months. The data are overwhelming and many countries have already switched to 3 months.

2. Redefine "fully vaccinated" as 3 shots, unless it is after J&J for which we do not have data for a 3rd shot, or Prior Covid with uncertainty as to whether more than 1 or 2 shots is necessary. Maybe these data will help get the point across about the value of boosters for protection vs infection.

This is important since it will help get our inadequate booster protection up where it needs to be, fully backed by the extensive data for protection vs Delta (such as 90% reduction in death for age 50+, marked reduction in hospitalizations for age 40+, 95% protection vs symptomatic infection for all ages in a large randomized trial). That's even more an issue for Omicron, for which protection drops to ~35% without a booster, but increases vs. symptomatic infection to about ~75%.

3. No airplane passengers who are not fully vaccinated, or having medical documentation for why that is not the case, such as the policy in Canada and many other countries. The federal government should have authority for any interstate transportation.

4. 500 million free rapid tests by request sometime in January is totally inadequate. We need several billion of these, and have needed them for over a year to help prevent spread, as validated and relied upon in many countries throughout the world. It's good that the Administration has finally responded to the loud voices of frustration but it's an exemplar of too little, too late.

5. Distribute KN95 masks to all households. The US government can purchase these for very low cost (i.e. pennies) and get them widely distributed as has been done in other countries to enhance protection.

6. Rapidly scale the production of the anti-Covid pill Paxlovid, which is about to get FDA emergency authorization and the topic of my last post here. There will be a large number of non-mild infections going forward and we now have a treatment that' is expected to wrk extremely well against Omicron, but the supply is dreadfully short. I wrote more about this today Enacting the Defense Production Act, as the President has done for rapid test production, is one way to solve this shortage problem. Our healthcare workforce, already compromised in numbers and morale, will likely be hit hard by Omicron infections. Having a pill treatment that knocks viral load down by 10-0fold quickly, to potentially get them back in action in a short time lag (e.g. 2 days instead of 10) may prove vital. We need to get studies on transmission of Omicron done ASAP, and particularly with Paxlovid treatment to nail this time interval down, as discussed in my recent Q&A with New York magazine.

7. Fix the data mess. The CDC is apparently unable to track hospitalizations and deaths by vaccine status, timing, age of the patient and their relevant co-existing medical conditions. Secretary Xavier Becerra of HHS hasn't yet shown up for the pandemic but has authority to mandate such data collection across the country. We are trying to determine the clinical severity of Omicron but have no ability to track the data here! The inability for CDC to see what was happening during the Delta wave, and their >2-month delay in recommending boosters for all adults, resulted in a large number of unnecessary cases as shown here, on the CDC website just published over the weekend, with only 1 of 3 snapshots since May, already a month old, with only a bit of data tracking cases and deaths, but not hospitalizations, in a limited number of regions of the country. In not a single speech that President Biden has given since taking office has he mentioned any effort to improve data collection and reporting. Just crickets on this issue. How can you navigate in a pandemic without data?"
calpoly
oski003 said:

BearForce2 said:

It is getting hard to keep up with all this false and misleading information. :/
Yes and I suggest that you stop spreading the false and misleading information!
bearister
US Army Creates Single Vaccine Against All COVID & SARS Variants, Researchers Say - Defense One

https://www.defenseone.com/technology/2021/12/us-army-creates-single-vaccine-effective-against-all-covid-sars-variants/360089/
oski003
calpoly said:

oski003 said:

BearForce2 said:

Yes and I suggest that you stop spreading the false and misleading information!

Pfizer has a new vaccine to prevent myocarditis.

https://babylonbee.com/news/pfizer-announces-new-vaccine-that-prevents-people-from-getting-myocarditis?fbclid=IwAR1O2SAXwRLulZkyF-8UL49DhJ9x4a6auMEC9BMUMHgXvzIMyT1a-mUqoas
bearister
"Dr. Unben Pillay said his COVID-19 patients during the last delta wave "had trouble breathing and lower oxygen levels. Many needed hospitalization within days," he said. The patients he's treating now have milder, flu-like symptoms, such as body aches and a cough, he said."

https://abc7news.com/health/omicron-symptoms-early-indicators-suggest-variant-causes-mild-covid/11371283/
DiabloWags
It's funny to see that there are people who think that they are "knowledgeable" when it comes to vaccines ,yet they ignore the fact that in order to be considered "fully-vaccinated" for polio, a series of 4 shots was required.
dimitrig
The son of a coworker of mine was "fully vaccinated" but brought COVID home from college for winter break.

My coworker then caught it as well despite the fact that he had been "fully vaccinated" plus a booster.

He was laid up in bed for a day with it, but was fine on the 3rd day.

How crazy is it that a fully vaccinated person transmitted it to a fully vaccinated person and that the case was still severe enough to have the symptoms of a common cold?

These vaccines keep you from ending up in the hospital, but that's about the limit of their effectiveness.

Once life goes back to normal everyone is going to be getting vaccinated once per year and still getting sick with COVID and that is just how it is going to be.

Unit2Sucks

Let's hope this isn't a trend.
sycasey
dimitrig said:

The son of a coworker of mine was "fully vaccinated" but brought COVID home from college for winter break.

My coworker then caught it as well despite the fact that he had been "fully vaccinated" plus a booster.

He was laid up in bed for a day with it, but was fine on the 3rd day.

How crazy is it that a fully vaccinated person transmitted it to a fully vaccinated person and that the case was still severe enough to have the symptoms of a common cold?

These vaccines keep you from ending up in the hospital, but that's about the limit of their effectiveness.

Once life goes back to normal everyone is going to be getting vaccinated once per year and still getting sick with COVID and that is just how it is going to be.

So in other words it will be like the flu.

I don't think it's crazy at all that vaccinated people might be able to pass the virus to each other. That's how it works with most cold/flu viruses like this. I always figured this was the endgame.
BearForce2
BearForce2
sycasey
Very encouraging news on Omicron.

MinotStateBeav
Remember when the UK had 1 death "With" omicron. Apparently the story was BS and a week later the hospital the guy claimed released a statement that no deaths from omicron there lol.

BearForce2

prior to Nov. 2020 - Biden is vaccine hesitant
Jan 2021 - Biden claims credit for the vaccines
Dec 2021- Biden thanks Trump for the vaccines
Eastern Oregon Bear
BearForce2 said:

prior to Nov. 2020 - Biden is vaccine hesitant
Jan 2021 - Biden claims credit for the vaccines
Dec 2021- Biden thanks Trump for the vaccines
This is just another sign that there's nothing Biden can say that you won't object to.
oski003
DiabloWags said:

It's funny to see that there are people who think that they are "knowledgeable" when it comes to vaccines ,yet they ignore the fact that in order to be considered "fully-vaccinated" for polio, a series of 4 shots was required.

How many shots to be fully vaccinated with mRNA?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/policy/healthcare/587212-uk-health-agency-report-suggests-booster-effectiveness-against-omicron%3famp

Does it even make sense for someone young and healthy to get boosted? They are hardly at risk anyway. Why is the UC system and other Universities mandating boosters?
Unit2Sucks
If this isn't a total outlier, Omicron is going to rip through our country.
https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/28/2/21-2422_article

Omicron transmission in a quarantine hotel across a hallway from one hotel room to another.

I just took a short flight against my better judgment and to say mask compliance was horrendous would be understating how poorly masked people are.

B.A. Bearacus

BearForce2

This entire thread is now brought to you by Pfizer.
AunBear89
When did RWNJs (the GOP base) become anti business and against the free market?
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
oski003
AunBear89 said:

You tell me? When did you stop beating your kids?
oski003
https://www.newyorknationalreview.com/health/facebook-now-censoring-the-british-medical-journal-because-new-science-goes-against-pfizers-lies-and-deception/

One of the oldest and most highly respected scientific journals in the world, The BMJ recently published a report entitled, "Covid-19: Researcher blows the whistle on data integrity issues in Pfizer's vaccine trial" that calls into question the "science" behind Pfizer's Wuhan coronavirus (Covid-19) "vaccine." Because the report does not unquestioningly praise the jabs as "safe and effective," Facebook "fact checked" it and deemed it as containing "false information."
oski003

By request, UK authors of Dec 14, 21's
@NatureMedicine
paper, now separate by age & sex
For Men <40
Pfizer D2 & D3
Moderna D1 & D2
Have rates of myocarditis GREATER than after sars-cov-2 infection
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

You tell me? When did you stop beating your kids?

Lol so you are saying they've always been anti business and anti free market?
First Page Last Page
Page 43 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.