Vaccine Redux - Vax up and go to Class

373,166 Views | 4764 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by movielover
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wraptor347 said:

oski003 said:

Only 19% of authors in NEJM and JAMA properly disclosed the payments they got.

They only looked at 31 articles... That seems like a ridiculously small sample to be drawing such broad conclusions from. I can't see much more without making an account, but what i could see was not particularly compelling.
It doesn't matter. oski0003's argument is failing so now it is time to discredit the institutions.
oski003
dajo9 said:

wraptor347 said:

oski003 said:

Only 19% of authors in NEJM and JAMA properly disclosed the payments they got.

They only looked at 31 articles... That seems like a ridiculously small sample to be drawing such broad conclusions from. I can't see much more without making an account, but what i could see was not particularly compelling.
It doesn't matter. oski0003's argument is failing so now it is time to discredit the institutions.

Looking at 31 articles is quite a bit as they are analyzing each contributing author. Your critique is fair but hardly damning.

Dajo, I have been posting about the tit for tat in this process for a long time. The corruption is clear.
bearister
American Airlines flight to London turns around over mask dispute - Axios

https://www.axios.com/american-airlines-passenger-mask-dispute-miami-d56b10c8-0a46-4012-a5ab-05137701fb62.html

*If the gal has a pot to p@iss in, the airline should sue the mother f'er in a civil suit for damages.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
Covid reinfection: how likely are you to catch virus multiple times?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/21/covid-reinfection-how-likely-are-you-to-catch-virus-multiple-times?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
MinotStateBeav
Major news dropped today on natural immunity
bearister
MinotStateBeav said:

" The study has limits namely, it was done before the omicron wave and doesn't factor in any information about boosters. It does, however, broadly agree with studies from other countries.

Vaccines were more effective at preventing infection or serious illness than natural immunity from prior infections before the delta variant became the dominant strain. After delta became the main strain, vaccines alone grew weaker against the virus and natural immunity got much stronger. This could be due in large part to the fact that vaccines began wearing off around the time delta spread, according to the study...

The effectiveness of natural immunity with omicron, however, is not fully understood yet. The CDC warns both vaccines and natural immunity have declined with the new dominant variant."
oski003
bearister said:

MinotStateBeav said:

" The study has limits namely, it was done before the omicron wave and doesn't factor in any information about boosters. It does, however, broadly agree with studies from other countries.

Vaccines were more effective at preventing infection or serious illness than natural immunity from prior infections before the delta variant became the dominant strain. After delta became the main strain, vaccines alone grew weaker against the virus and natural immunity got much stronger. This could be due in large part to the fact that vaccines began wearing off around the time delta spread, according to the study...

The effectiveness of natural immunity with omicron, however, is not fully understood yet. The CDC warns both vaccines and natural immunity have declined with the new dominant variant."

"After delta became the main strain, vaccines alone grew weaker against the virus and natural immunity got much stronger."

Since vaccines wore off, does that mean natural immunity lasts longer than mRNA vaccines? I think it does.
bearister
Covid booster shots effective against severe illness from omicron, CDC studies say

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/booster-shots-effective-severe-illness-omicron-rcna13038
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna13038
dimitrig
oski003 said:

bearister said:

MinotStateBeav said:

"After delta became the main strain, vaccines alone grew weaker against the virus and natural immunity got much stronger."

Since vaccines wore off, does that mean natural immunity lasts longer than mRNA vaccines? I think it does.

My coworker's sister is not vaccinated. She has had COVID twice in the last 6 months and not asymptomatic cases either. My coworker says she still had some symptoms from the first bout before contracting it again over the holidays.

Unit2Sucks
Natural immunity means COVID didn't kill you the first time. It doesn't mean you can't get vaccinated for even better protection. It's also much more of a guarantee of a baseline protection. Some people don't have much protection from prior infection because of any number of reasons including low viral load. Vaccine protection is more homogeneous and is not in competition with prior infection.

Morons have died trying to build "immunity " through COVID.
oski003
https://www.flagshippioneering.com/stories/valuing-a-bioplatform-and-the-premium-deserved-for-potential-exponential-value-creation

Flagship Pioneering gave Stephen Hahn his golden parachute, which may explain why the United States is giving people four doses of mRNA while other vaccines aren't available. Many European nations were way ahead of the U.S. with Moderna myocarditis warnings, and countries even don't allow it for males under 30 years old.
BearForce2

Full news conference: River Oaks doctor suspended from Houston Methodist over views on COVID-19 .

Doctors are asking questions and pushing back against the narrative.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

Natural immunity means COVID didn't kill you the first time. It doesn't mean you can't get vaccinated for even better protection. It's also much more of a guarantee of a baseline protection. Some people don't have much protection from prior infection because of any number of reasons including low viral load. Vaccine protection is more homogeneous and is not in competition with prior infection.

This is bonkers. Both extremes aren't helpful.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/johns-hopkins-university-tells-student-his-adverse-reaction-to-the-covid-vaccine-isnt-sufficient-for-booster-exemption/ar-AAT1AXO?li=BBnbfcL
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/johns-hopkins-university-tells-student-his-adverse-reaction-to-the-covid-vaccine-isnt-sufficient-for-booster-exemption/ar-AAT1AXO?li=BBnbfcL
I agree that their restrictions are too tight if this doesn't qualify. It's all just become very complicated and has made it hard for institutions to easily do a good job on reasonable and effective measures. The fact that there are so many anti public health idiots turning this into a cause celebre certainly doesn't help matters. In a normal timeline, we would see 90%+ vaccination rates like we do with other vaccines. Instead we have people (like you) constantly spreading misinformation which causes 30%+ of the eligible population to eschew safe and effective vaccines die "reasons". And thousands of people commit suicide by COVID every day for months on end because they "do their own research".
MinotStateBeav
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I agree that their restrictions are too tight if this doesn't qualify. It's all just become very complicated and has made it hard for institutions to easily do a good job on reasonable and effective measures. The fact that there are so many anti public health idiots turning this into a cause celebre certainly doesn't help matters. In a normal timeline, we would see 90%+ vaccination rates like we do with other vaccines. Instead we have people (like you) constantly spreading misinformation which causes 30%+ of the eligible population to eschew safe and effective vaccines die "reasons". And thousands of people commit suicide by COVID every day for months on end because they "do their own research".
You mean all those 90% vaccinated countries with record covid cases? Those ones?
Big C
MinotStateBeav said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

You mean all those 90% vaccinated countries with record covid cases? Those ones?

How are their COVID fatality numbers? Because we are up to around 1,500-2,000 per day again... and that will probably rise over the next couple of weeks (vast majority are the unvaxxed folks who did their own research). All-time high for us was a year ago when we got up to around 3,000 per day, but that was on about 1/3 the number of cases.

I know this isn't about me and my silly pride, but as a proud American, it bugs the crap out of me that all these commies in other countries are laughing at us:

"America is #1 again! This time in COVID deaths! Rah ha ha... "

"Those idiots: They invent the vaccine and keep most of it for themselves... but then they're too stupid to take it! Rah ha ha... "

(These are actual quotes I made up.)
oski003
Big C said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

How are their COVID fatality numbers? Because we are up to around 1,500-2,000 per day again... and that will probably rise over the next couple of weeks (vast majority are the unvaxxed folks who did their own research). All-time high for us was a year ago when we got up to around 3,000 per day, but that was on about 1/3 the number of cases.

I know this isn't about me and my silly pride, but as a proud American, it bugs the crap out of me that all these commies in other countries are laughing at us:

"America is #1 again! This time in COVID deaths! Rah ha ha... "

"Those idiots: They invent the vaccine and keep most of it for themselves... but then they're too stupid to take it! Rah ha ha... "

(These are actual quotes I made up.)

The Pfizer vaccine was invented in Germany. It is safer than the Moderna vaccine, which was invented in concert between the NIH and Moderna. The United States stifled other U S. development once mRNA was "successful" in early trials.

The countries with lower death rates have healthier populations and/or strict lockdowns. The worst thing you can have is an unhealthy population with little restriction and a low vaccination rate, which seems to be large pockets of the US. Europe and Australia have approved Novavax as a traditional solution to vaccinate the vac hesitant and those who have had bad reactions to mRNA. Hopefully, the US will do the same.
bearister
Florida's omicron wave could be worse than data shows

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2022/01/21/floridas-omicron-wave-could-be-worse-than-data-shows/
bearister
DiabloWags
Some people arent watching the 49'er game?
Interesting.

bearister
Multi tasking and commercials. I'm working both forums.
BearForce2
U.K. is trying to get back to normal and will end:

Mandated face masks
Masks in school
Work from home advisories
Mandatory passports for nightclubs/ events
Legal requirement to self-isolate

Meanwhile, in Flint, Michigan, public schools announced they will extend virtual instruction indefinitely!
dimitrig
DiabloWags said:

Some people arent watching the 49'er game?
Interesting.

I haven't watched an NFL game since Goff and the Rams were in the Super Bowl.

One time when I was in college at Cal my sister had extra Niners playoff tickets. It was when Steve Young was the QB so 1992-1993 maybe?

I decided I'd rather make it a night with my hot new gf instead and I think that was definitely the right decision in retrospect.

So... not a big fan of the NFL. Nothing against the Niners. Did watch some of those Montana/Craig/Rice/Lott teams from time to time.

bearister
Gonzaga suspends legend John Stockton's basketball season tickets over defiance of mask mandate

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/gonzaga-suspends-legend-john-stocktons-basketball-season-tickets-over-defiance-of-mask-mandate/
Unit2Sucks
I didn't realize John Stockton posted on BI.

bearister
Maybe Stockton has CTE from going too hard to the hoop too many times.
Big C

That's the thing about sports stars/celebrities: You don't want to know how the sausage is made. A pundit once described Charles Barkley as a "stone moron", but that pundit was wrong and Barkley pretty much had it right about role models.
B.A. Bearacus
BearForce2
100 questions they don't want to answer

The most troubling part of the pandemic to me is the lack of transparency and accountability.

https://stevekirsch.substack.com/p/100-questions-they-dont-want-to-answer

1. If the vaccines are safe and effective, then why do the manufacturers need liability protection?
2. If the vaccines are so safe, why aren't any of the organizations that mandate vaccines accepting liability?
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
BearForce2

Video of the silenced vaccine victims.
Lyrics and vocals by Julie Elizabeth who is vaccine injured.
Produced by the staff of the Vaccine Safety Research Foundation.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
bearister
Goldman Sachs | Survey: Small Businesses on the Brink: New Survey Data Shows Omicron Hurting Main Street, Leading Small Business Owners to Overwhelmingly Support Congress Passing Additional Aid

https://www.goldmansachs.com/citizenship/10000-small-businesses/US/infographics/small-businesses-on-the-brink/
Unit2Sucks
Too bad people who do their own research don't care about this data.

MinotStateBeav
Unit2Sucks said:

Or have recovered from COVID.
Unit2Sucks
MinotStateBeav said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Or have recovered from COVID.
In related news, we've yet to see any evidence of someone dying from COVID and then getting reinfected. Super helpful to keep in mind.
oski003
They all started the same way in term of logic, 3rd dose for high risk and front lines, then all people; 4th dose for high risk and front line, then all people. March: omicron specific, high risk and front lineā€¦.then all people.

Will the Israel trial result conclusion be applied in the USA?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/8fa9fb5e-8aa8-40c0-a889-99d16e179644
First Page Last Page
Page 52 of 137

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.