Vaccine Redux - Vax up and go to Class

362,243 Views | 4701 Replies | Last: 21 hrs ago by movielover
smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
death cult
MinotStateBeav
LA Mayor Eric Garcetti held his breath when taking photos with Magic Johnson, that's why he can go maskless, checkmate Anti-vaxxers! lol.

oski003
UK and NZ approved Novavax today, which pretty much leaves the true anti-vaxxers Trudeau, Fauci, and Woodcock, et al, as the only ones in the world that have not approved a non-genetic Covid vaccine. Novavax is an American company but has been delayed by the FDA. I do believe they will be approved soon because, contrary to what USucks says, people need an alternative and Pfizer has made $$$$$$ and can still make tons of money with their $530 ten pill treatment that combines with HIV medication.

For those allergic or who had a reaction to mRNA, it provides a good alternative. Hopefully, it will be available in March.

DISCLAIMER: Fauci etc. is not a true anti-vaxxer. They just have other motivations.

For example, Joe Biden is on a huge mission right now to incentivize electric vehicle adoption. He is heavily inspired but Michigan is a swing state and labor unions fund him. He proposes to provide electric vehicle manufacturers at $7,500 rebate for each car sold. However, if the manufacturer uses Union Labor they get $12,000. Basically, he supports GM and Ford and wants to give a giant F you to Tesla, Rivian, and others. Tesla, who basically, fueled mass adoption of EV vehicles has two domestic factories, is ignored by Biden. He gives speeches promoting EV and never utters (or tweets) the word Tesla, although Tesla is the #1 EV manufacturer. It is bizarre. It is a good ole boys network.
sycasey
oski003 said:

For example, Joe Biden is on a huge mission right now to incentivize electric vehicle adoption. He is heavily inspired but Michigan is a swing state and labor unions fund him. He proposes to provide electric vehicle manufacturers at $7,500 rebate for each car sold. However, if the manufacturer uses Union Labor they get $12,000. Basically, he supports GM and Ford and wants to give a giant F you to Tesla, Rivian, and others. Tesla, who basically, fueled mass adoption of EV vehicles has two domestic factories, is ignored by Biden. He gives speeches promoting EV and never utters (or tweets) the word Tesla, although Tesla is the #1 EV manufacturer. It is bizarre. It is a good ole boys network.
Politicians trying to make constituents and base voters happy is not bizarre. It's standard politics.
oski003
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Politicians trying to make constituents and base voters happy is not bizarre. It's standard politics.
Generally speaking, base voters and constituents don't favor GM & Ford over Tesla when it comes to EV incentives. This is tyranny of the minority by creating a national policy that caters to a union and a swing state. This is messed up. Secondly, these "standard" politics are a good example of the true reasons for why J&J, Pfizer, and the NIH/Moderna were given regulatory capture of the US Covid Market.
sycasey
oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Generally speaking, base voters and constituents don't favor GM & Ford over Tesla when it comes to EV incentives. This is tyranny of the minority by creating a national policy that caters to a union and a swing state. This is messed up. Secondly, these "standard" politics are a good example of the true reasons for why J&J, Pfizer, and the NIH/Moderna were given regulatory capture of the US Covid Market.
Once again, catering to swing states is not bizarre for a President. It's pretty typical.

I don't like it, but it happens all the time for all kinds of things. It's not strange. It also doesn't prove that any vaccine is better than Pfizer.
oski003
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Once again, catering to swing states is not bizarre for a President. It's pretty typical.

I don't like it, but it happens all the time for all kinds of things. It's not strange. It also doesn't prove that any vaccine is better than Pfizer.

I am glad you are least admit that you don't like this type of politics. As for the parallel to the vaccine development and approval, it certainly isn't some smoking gun that proves Novavax is better than Pfizer's vaccine. Nobody said it was. Of course, that smoking gun proof may lie in the approval documents that Pfizer and the FDA are fighting so hard to delay and bury from the public.
dajo9
sycasey said:

Well, looks like my kid has caught COVID. Positive test last night.

I'm not too worried. Why? Because I'm vaxxed and boosted, so is my wife, and my son (6yo) had both shots too. So far, mild symptoms only and no one else tested positive (yet). We do also have a 2-year-old who can't be vaccinated, but I'll trust the evidence here and expect she'll probably be fine, given the low risk to her age group.

I hope your family recovers well.
sycasey
dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

I'm not too worried. Why? Because I'm vaxxed and boosted, so is my wife, and my son (6yo) had both shots too. So far, mild symptoms only and no one else tested positive (yet). We do also have a 2-year-old who can't be vaccinated, but I'll trust the evidence here and expect she'll probably be fine, given the low risk to her age group.

My son is already symptom-free. Everyone else tested negative today. Waiting to re-test him after the 5 day window, when hopefully he can go back to school.
bearister
Omicron infections may not protect well against future coronavirus spread - Axios

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-omicron-infections-immunity-vaccines-pandemic-a30199c7-ea54-4939-a5ba-c8de20dfb3ec.html
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
The case for masks became hugely stronger': scientists admit their Covid mistakes

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/feb/04/i-didnt-think-vaccines-would-work-scientists-admit-their-covid-mistakes?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
BearForce2
The CDC is finally recognizing 'natural immunity' legislators should follow suit

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/592457-the-cdc-is-finally-recognizing-natural-immunity-legislators-should-follow

Quote:

Given now that CDC recognizes the protective effect of prior infection, it is time to update vaccination policies and school or work-entry requirements across federal and state or county governments. Those with natural immunity should have equal status as those vaccinated. Demonstrating a prior infection is no more difficult than demonstrating vaccination. Many European countries recognize that immunity due to prior infection is equal to vaccination.

Not exempting those with prior infection was always unfair; now it is unscientific as well.
BearForce2
Unit2Sucks
sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

My son is already symptom-free. Everyone else tested negative today. Waiting to re-test him after the 5 day window, when hopefully he can go back to school.
Great news, sounds like you guys made it through the gauntlet!
oski003
BearForce2 said:

The CDC is finally recognizing 'natural immunity' legislators should follow suit

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/592457-the-cdc-is-finally-recognizing-natural-immunity-legislators-should-follow

Quote:

Given now that CDC recognizes the protective effect of prior infection, it is time to update vaccination policies and school or work-entry requirements across federal and state or county governments. Those with natural immunity should have equal status as those vaccinated. Demonstrating a prior infection is no more difficult than demonstrating vaccination. Many European countries recognize that immunity due to prior infection is equal to vaccination.

Not exempting those with prior infection was always unfair; now it is unscientific as well.

Should someone who tests positive but never has any symptoms be treated the same way as someone who is vaccinated? Why or why not?
bearister
A neighbor of mine just told me that all the people in hospitals right now are vaccinated. I assume that is a Tucker Carlson position? Can you Fox News watchers confirm that?
sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

Great news, sounds like you guys made it through the gauntlet!

May have spoke too soon. Wife tested positive today after developing symptoms last night. Just mild cold symptoms, but the quarantine clock restarts!
bearister
Wearing a N95 or KN95 mask can reduce risk of Covid infection 83%

https://mol.im/a/1047801
MinotStateBeav

At the end the county coroner says they have a few cases currently related to vaccine related myocarditis.
Unit2Sucks
MinotStateBeav said:

At the end the county coroner says they have a few cases currently related to vaccine related myocarditis.

Tragic. Parents must be devastated. Hopefully doctors will learn from this and do a better job seeing the warning signs. I read that he had more than a month of difficulty with multiple hospital visits and they never identified myocarditis.
MinotStateBeav
Unit2Sucks said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Tragic. Parents must be devastated. Hopefully doctors will learn from this and do a better job seeing the warning signs. I read that he had more than a month of difficulty with multiple hospital visits and they never identified myocarditis.
Gee it's almost like hospitals are told to not diagnose issues with the vaccine. I mean, it's not like they won't prescribe that horse dewormer that works on covid. Or have a completely cumbersome database that no doctor wants to spend the time to list the issues with the vaccine...
oski003
MinotStateBeav said:

Unit2Sucks said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Gee it's almost like hospitals are told to not diagnose issues with the vaccine. I mean, it's not like they won't prescribe that horse dewormer that works on covid. Or have a completely cumbersome database that no doctor wants to spend the time to list the issues with the vaccine...

You mean myocarditis risks have been purposefully hidden from the public, including doctors treating vaccine victims? Base voters love mRNA vaccines. You can't alienate your base by telling the truth. It is just politics.
MinotStateBeav
oski003 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Unit2Sucks said:

MinotStateBeav said:

You mean myocarditis risks have been purposefully hidden from the public, including doctors treating vaccine victims? Base voters love mRNA vaccines. You can't alienate your base by telling the truth. It is just politics.
Doctors treating vaccine victims that were essentially shunned from raising the issue. Both in the media and big tech. Remember, the "Peer reviewed studies" that supported the use of the vaccines, were data the pharmaceutical companies gave to the researches peer reviewing. There was no open source of data for researchers to view. My guess is there's a reason they wanted to withhold the data for 75 years, wonder what it could be.
Unit2Sucks
MinotStateBeav said:

Unit2Sucks said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Vast majority of myocarditis cases are unrelated to the vaccine. It's not exactly a new problem, although the connection to COVID vaccines obviously is. If you look at the reporting around this death, the doctors had a number of chances to diagnose this and just didn't.

Although I'm not a doctor, my understanding is that doctors are aware of the connection and that this is something people are on the lookout for. Not sure if it would have made a difference here, but it's something doctors should be prepared for.

Your baseless conspiracy theories aside, everyone is aware of myocarditis. It's not a secret and it's not like all of the fake VAERS stuff that you guys like to talk about. Nor does it have any connection to any of the snake oils people like you believe in like HCQ, bleach, horse dewormer, iodine, urine drinking etc. Anti vaxxers love trying untested remedies, as long as some authority says they are a bad idea.
BearForce2
White House gets set for cautious pivot on pandemic

Quote:

"No one wants a repeat of last July," said one Democratic strategist.

At the Independence Day event, President Biden declared near "independence" from COVID-19.
Quote:

"It's time to have a serious conversation with the American people and say that we are going to be living with this for a long time," said Democratic strategist Rodell Mollineau. "We've been looking at this in a very binary way. Things are likely to never go back to normal, but it doesn't mean we have to live in fear."

Only now they want to have a serious conversation?

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/592906-white-house-gets-set-for-cautious-pivot-on-pandemic
MinotStateBeav
BearForce2 said:

White House gets set for cautious pivot on pandemic

Quote:

"No one wants a repeat of last July," said one Democratic strategist.

At the Independence Day event, President Biden declared near "independence" from COVID-19.
Quote:

"It's time to have a serious conversation with the American people and say that we are going to be living with this for a long time," said Democratic strategist Rodell Mollineau. "We've been looking at this in a very binary way. Things are likely to never go back to normal, but it doesn't mean we have to live in fear."

Only now they want to have a serious conversation?

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/592906-white-house-gets-set-for-cautious-pivot-on-pandemic
2 years of our lives and they want to have that serious "conversation" now lol f these people.
BearForce2

The Covid fear porn narrative is collapsing.
Big C

Next month we'll be post-surge and barring a future variant that's significantly more deadly, we're done with this s***. It will be time to stop trying to detect and count every damn case, time to stop tinkering with masking strategies every few weeks, all of that crap. All that will be left is...

+ Didn't get the vaccine? That's unfortunate; we'll hold a few syringes for you... and there may be annual vaccines.

+ Keep working on new therapeutics!

+ CDC and local Health, continue to track new strains and hospitalizations

+ Stay home when you're sick.

+ Wear a mask, if you want. Or not. Stay away from crowded, indoor public places, if you want. Or not.

The pandemic will be endemic. Like a very contagious flu, but for real this time. Next month. Good riddance. Too bad we lost so many Americans, which was unnecessary. History lesson.
sycasey
Big C said:

Next month we'll be post-surge and barring a future variant that's significantly more deadly, we're done with this s***. It will be time to stop trying to detect and count every damn case, time to stop tinkering with masking strategies every few weeks, all of that crap. All that will be left is...

+ Didn't get the vaccine? That's unfortunate; we'll hold a few syringes for you... and there may be annual vaccines.

+ Wear a mask, if you want. Or not. Stay away from crowded, indoor public places, if you want. Or not.

The pandemic will be endemic. Like a very contagious flu, but for real this time. Next month. Good riddance. Too bad we lost so many Americans, which was unnecessary. History lesson.

I think there will be new therapeutics out very soon, which should make it much easier to handle any future surges.

Update from my household: now everyone in the family has tested positive except me. I am the Iron Man!
BearForce2
Therapeutics?
No masks?

What the hell is going on around here?
Big C

Responses evolve to fit changing conditions. It's called following the science.
sycasey
Big C said:

Responses evolve to fit changing conditions. It's called following the science.

Yes, when we have therapeutics that ACTUALLY work then we should use them. Just as public health strategy should change once everyone has a chance to get vaccinated.
dimitrig
sycasey said:

Big C said:

I think there will be new therapeutics out very soon, which should make it much easier to handle any future surges.

Update from my household: now everyone in the family has tested positive except me. I am the Iron Man!

Clearly you were the carrier.

BearForce2
Big C said:

Responses evolve to fit changing conditions.

But how will the libs virtue signal?
sycasey
dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

Big C said:

Clearly you were the carrier.

Not sure if you're joking here or not, but: if I never had symptoms and never tested positive, then probably not.
First Page Last Page
Page 56 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.