Vaccine Redux - Vax up and go to Class

362,460 Views | 4701 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by movielover
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
bearister said:

You can skip to 1:15 for the clip. Joe Rogan, Aaron Rodgers, and the other vax-avoidant idiots here and across the land need to smoke different or less weed than they are smoking right now.
bearister
Based on Rogan's latest controversy, I don't see AR man hugging it up with him anymore.
B.A. Bearacus
bearister said:

Based on Rogan's latest controversy, I don't see AR man hugging it up with him anymore.

A-Rod liked three Greenwald tweets yesterday, including the one below. Love him or hate him, A-Rod is standing by his boy Joe. Got a feeling Shailene Woodley has probably had a few "I didn't sign up for this" moments recently.

MinotStateBeav
B.A. Bearacus said:

bearister said:

A-Rod liked three Greenwald tweets yesterday, including the one below. Love him or hate him, A-Rod is standing by his boy Joe. Got a feeling Shailene Woodley has probably had a few "I didn't sign up for this" moments recently.

I so no lies in that tweet.
Unit2Sucks
MinotStateBeav said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

bearister said:

Hey, he's just asking questions. How could a question be a lie?

I don't think you have to be a Rogan superfan to criticize him for wrongdoing. Rogan has admitted there was no excuse for him to use the n word. Do I have to go through the brain damage of listening to a bunch of his 4 hour shows before I can accept that? How many hours of Rogan's podcast do I need to listen to before I can declare this his pro-Ivermectin and anti-vaccine takes are dangerous? Like Greenwald, I'm just asking questions here.
BearForce2
Unit2Sucks said:

MinotStateBeav said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

bearister said:

Hey, he's just asking questions. How could a question be a lie?

I don't think you have to be a Rogan superfan to criticize him for wrongdoing. Rogan has admitted there was no excuse for him to use the n word. Do I have to go through the brain damage of listening to a bunch of his 4 hour shows before I can accept that? How many hours of Rogan's podcast do I need to listen to before I can declare this his pro-Ivermectin and anti-vaccine takes are dangerous? Like Greenwald, I'm just asking questions here.

Rogan isn't anti-vaccine. Unit2, you may be the most guilty of spreading lies about the virus and vaccine than anyone else on this site.
Big C
BearForce2 said:

Big C said:

Responses evolve to fit changing conditions.

But how will the libs virtue signal?

We have ordered more of those lawn signs that read, "In this house, we believe . . . "

Also: We have added new letters to "LGBTQ+". No joke: I will report back on this. Can't top that!

You see, where there's a will, there's a way!
bearister
….and the Lack of Self Awareness Award of the Week goes to: Monte Vista High School, Danville

The story on the KTVU News at 10 pm tonight was that the school booked it's Junior Prom at the Scottish Rite Temple in Oakland. Pursuant to city ordinance, you need proof of vaccination to get in the building. The unvaxxed spawn of tRumpers were whining on camera how unjust it is that they cannot attend their prom.
I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able sleep tonight after hearing about this tragedy. Maybe there is a GoFundMe or something.

bearister
"The so-called "freedom convoy" which departed for Ottawa on 23 January was the brainchild of James Bauder, an admitted conspiracy theorist who has endorsed the QAnon movement and called Covid-19 "the biggest political scam in history". Bauder's group, Canada Unity, contends that vaccine mandates and passports are illegal under Canada's constitution, the Nuremberg Code and a host of other international conventions…

Since they have arrived in Ottawa, the extreme elements of the protest have been visible: neo-Nazi and Confederate flags were seen flying, QAnon logos were emblazoned on trucks and signs and stickers were pasted to telephone poles around the occupied area bear Trudeau's face, reading: "Wanted for crimes against humanity."….

Elon Musk and Donald Trump have both endorsed the convoy. Fox broadcasters Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson have provided glowing updates on the continuing occupation.….

The Ottawa occupation is proof that a few thousand determined protesters can overwhelm police and shut down major cities with enough vehicles and coordination. Solidarity convoys have shut down the busy Coutts border crossing between Alberta and Montana, strained police resources in Toronto and Quebec City, and activists as far away as Helsinki, Canberra, London and Brussels have taken note. On the convoy channels, protesters warn this is just the beginning."

5G and QAnon: how conspiracy theorists steered Canada's anti-vaccine trucker protest

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/feb/08/canada-ottawa-trucker-protest-extremist-qanon-neo-nazi?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

*Trudeau should mobilize the army and declare a seal pup hunt on the convoy.
oski003
An interesting read. Please feel free to counter the information in the article and study, such as previous views on cytoxicity.

"Vaccine spike antigen and mRNA persist for two months in lymph node germinal centers... protein production of spike is higher than those of severely ill COVID-19 patients!"

https://rwmalonemd.substack.com/p/a-health-public-policy-nightmare?r=ta0o1&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web
bearister
oski003
bearister said:

Interesting timing, with all the pictures coming out of democratic leaders maskless indoors.
sycasey
oski003 said:

bearister said:

Interesting timing, with all the pictures coming out of democratic leaders maskless indoors.
This has less to do with that and more that public polling indicates the popularity of continued Covid restrictions is falling. Politicians want to be ahead of the curve, not behind it.
oski003
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

bearister said:

This has less to do with that and more that public polling indicates the popularity of continued Covid restrictions is falling. Politicians want to be ahead of the curve, not behind it.

I agree, but politicians publicly not abiding by their own mandates certainly can sway opinion against them!
sycasey
oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

bearister said:

I agree, but politicians publicly not abiding by their own mandates certainly can sway opinion against them!
Somewhat, but I would bet this effect is minimal compared to what people experience in their own lives.
Big C
bearister said:

"The so-called "freedom convoy" which departed for Ottawa on 23 January was the brainchild of James Bauder, an admitted conspiracy theorist who has endorsed the QAnon movement and called Covid-19 "the biggest political scam in history". Bauder's group, Canada Unity, contends that vaccine mandates and passports are illegal under Canada's constitution, the Nuremberg Code and a host of other international conventions…

Since they have arrived in Ottawa, the extreme elements of the protest have been visible: neo-Nazi and Confederate flags were seen flying, QAnon logos were emblazoned on trucks and signs and stickers were pasted to telephone poles around the occupied area bear Trudeau's face, reading: "Wanted for crimes against humanity."….

Elon Musk and Donald Trump have both endorsed the convoy. Fox broadcasters Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson have provided glowing updates on the continuing occupation.….

The Ottawa occupation is proof that a few thousand determined protesters can overwhelm police and shut down major cities with enough vehicles and coordination. Solidarity convoys have shut down the busy Coutts border crossing between Alberta and Montana, strained police resources in Toronto and Quebec City, and activists as far away as Helsinki, Canberra, London and Brussels have taken note. On the convoy channels, protesters warn this is just the beginning."

5G and QAnon: how conspiracy theorists steered Canada's anti-vaccine trucker protest

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/feb/08/canada-ottawa-trucker-protest-extremist-qanon-neo-nazi?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Regarding the "freedom convoy", part of me is shaking my head, but part of me is feeling a proud patriotism, knowing that there are a bunch of Canadians who are as stupid as a bunch of Americans.

Canadians pull their hockey pants on one-leg-at-a-time just like everybody else!
Unit2Sucks
Interesting article discussing some of the context around Dr Malone's recent podcast with Rogan which ruffled so many feathers.

Quote:

Malone has claimed to be an expert on the COVID-19 vaccines, and he did perform some of the foundational experiments in the study of mRNA technology in the late 1980s. But in more recent times he's become a consistent source of science quackery, even getting kicked off Twitter for misrepresenting vaccine safety.

One of the best examples of this came in Malone's comments to Rogan about myocarditis, which is inflammation of the heart muscle that is sometimes accompanied by chest pain and heart palpitations. On The Joe Rogan Experience, Malone talked about "a recent paper out of Hong Kong comprehensive analysis [of] myocarditis in boys… saying the myocarditis was so bad after vaccination, and these are all verified post-vaccination myocarditis was so bad that you went to the hospital." He also ooh-poohed people who try to claim that "myocarditis is mild and they recover from it, OK. Those statements aren't, let's say gently, based in fact."

As Science Vs points out, he is simultaneously quoting a paper about the rate of myocarditis before dismissing the same paper's claim that the myocarditis was rare and mild. To clear this up, Science Vs host Wendy Zukerman interviewed Dr. Mike Kwan, an author of that paper.

"Those patients, they recover completely," Dr. Kwan said. He monitored 178,000 teens who received COVID-19 vaccines, and of those cases, 33 teens got myocarditis. Notably, they didn't call an ambulance or hospital and admit themselves, but instead reported chest discomfort to Dr. Kwan. He then invited them into the hospital in order to perform tests. "All the cases were hospitalized because we wanted to perform a detailed workup for them," he explained.

Some of their symptoms cleared up with ibuprofen, and "some of them even not require medications, and they just take a rest, and eventually they recover by themselves, and none of them got severe complications, and no cases of mortality, most importantly. And all of them recover and went back home. And so far, some patients are being followed up around seven months and they're very good, no problem, so this is very good news."

Malone's attempt to prove that the vaccines lead to dangerous myocarditis left out almost all of the key context: The boys were hospitalized as part of the study, none of them required major medical interventions, and nobody died. According to host Zukerman, "It felt like he trusted and focused on the negative things in this study but then didn't trust all the positive stuff."

Besides that, Malone neglected more recent studies that showed even smaller risk of myocarditis, as well as the overwhelming evidence that myocarditis is much more prevalent in unvaccinated people who catch COVID-19 than in people who receive the vaccine.

Eastern Oregon Bear
bearister said:

Since they have arrived in Ottawa, the extreme elements of the protest have been visible: neo-Nazi and Confederate flags were seen flying,
It's been a while since I've heard Canadians referred to as anti-slavery Union scum.
bearister
bearister
bearister said:

On the ABC national news they had a Canadian official on that said 90% of Canadian truckers are vaxxed. This protest is lunatic fringe….and they are acting like terrorists because they are using their kids as human shields by having them in their trucks to prevent police action.
BearForce2
Canadian truckers, terrorists, racists, extremists, Russia, Putin.
oski003
BearForce2 said:

Canadian truckers, terrorists, racists, extremists, Russia, Putin.

The minute the Canadians break up the truck rally Russia will invade Ukraine. This is incredibly important to Putin.
oski003
oski003
Vaccine Expert Paul Offit advised his son, in his 20's, not to get a booster.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2022/01/should-teens-get-booster-omicron/621222/
BearForce2
Unit2Sucks

oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

2 of the 3 pictured aren't covering their nose. This would be 100x harder wearing these masks outside in heat also. And, yes, kudos for wearing masks Such a contrarian!
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

2 of the 3 pictured aren't covering their nose. This would be 100x harder wearing these masks outside in heat also. And, yes, kudos for wearing masks Such a contrarian!

You aren't an anti masker but the contrarian in you couldn't help but criticize. This is so on brand for you.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

You aren't an anti masker but the contrarian in you couldn't help but criticize. This is so on brand for you.

Did you know that Vaccine Expert Paul Offit advised his son, in his 20's, not to get a booster?
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Did you know that Vaccine Expert Paul Offit advised his son, in his 20's, not to get a booster?

Unlike you I'm not trawling anti-vaxx misinformation websites searching for information I can use to dissemble. If Based on what you've said, it sounds like he advised his son to get 2 doses of mRNA vaccine. Not that you would ever let that get in the way of your anti public health crusade.

I decided to google this guy. Here's a recent quote from Offit:

Quote:

If you work in a hospital, as I do, and you see children between 12 and 15 years of age coming into your hospital, they're not there because they haven't gotten a third dose, they're there because they haven't gotten any doses. I mean, this really is, at least at the hospital level, a disease for the unvaccinated, and that has to be our focus. I just feel like to some extent we've kind of given up on that, and this constant talk about boosting is in many ways a detour.
Once again shows how disingenuous you are to disregard his real message (which is that everyone, including children, should be vaccinated) in order to spread your anti-vax garbage.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Unlike you I'm not trawling anti-vaxx misinformation websites searching for information I can use to dissemble. If Based on what you've said, it sounds like he advised his son to get 2 doses of mRNA vaccine. Not that you would ever let that get in the way of your anti public health crusade.

Quote:

If you work in a hospital, as I do, and you see children between 12 and 15 years of age coming into your hospital, they're not there because they haven't gotten a third dose, they're there because they haven't gotten any doses. I mean, this really is, at least at the hospital level, a disease for the unvaccinated, and that has to be our focus. I just feel like to some extent we've kind of given up on that, and this constant talk about boosting is in many ways a detour.
Once again shows how disingenuous you are to disregard his real message (which is that everyone, including children, should be vaccinated) in order to spread your anti-vax garbage.

Geez, man. Project much?
dajo9
BearForce2 said:

The Covid fear porn narrative is collapsing.
Closing in on a million deaths and this guy thinks fear is unwarranted.

The Democratic politicians aren't just following polls. They are seeing the situation evolve the same as most of the rest of us. Vaccines came online almost a year ago. Everyone that can be vaccinated and isn't vaccinated has made their choice. The northeast winter surge is ending. Now is the time to normalize, at least here in the northeast. Most of us people on the edge of this discussion see it that way and most of the politicians in touch with things see it that way as well.

It is only the people with an agenda in this fight who see it as political gamesmanship when they are seeing the politicians do the right thing at the right time.
DiabloWags
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Quote:

Geez, man. Project much?

Is that the default reply for admitting that you were wrong about Paul Offit's vaccine position?
Why not just admit to Unit II that you were wrong, and apologize?

oski003
DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Quote:

Geez, man. Project much?

Is that the default reply for admitting that you were wrong about Paul Offit's vaccine position?
Why not just admit to Unit II that you were wrong, and apologize?

Paul Offit advised his son to not get a booster shot because the risks outweighed the benefits. Full stop.

USucks is inputting his own views into the topic.
First Page Last Page
Page 57 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.