Vaccine Redux - Vax up and go to Class

372,119 Views | 4763 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by Zippergate
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://fb.watch/dQbN7-5kip/

Well, if your goal is to get more people vaccinated, why wouldn't you approve more vaccines? Why is new never before approved mRNA tech the only approved vaccine tech? Protein covid vaccines are approved virtually everywhere in the world but the USA, and Novavax is an American company!
oski003
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxPgv9bAdfCY6CZufoYdN-AAyI8abOVhf5

The look on Arnold Monto's face. Lol.
bearister
Where's the herd immunity? Our research shows why Covid is still wreaking havoc

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jul/01/herd-immunity-covid-virus-vaccine?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
oski003
https://www.bioworld.com/articles/520241-novavax-vaccine-shows-its-chops?v=preview

Novavax vaccine shows its chops

Given that Novavax Inc.'s COVID-19 vaccine will be a latecomer to the U.S. scene if it gets FDA authorization, it's been cast in a supporting role to the lead being played by the mRNA vaccines from Moderna Inc. and Pfizer Inc.-Biontech SE.

But the data presented at the June 28 Vaccines and Related Biologic Products Advisory Committee (VRBPAC) meeting suggest the Novavax adjuvanted protein vaccine may have the chops to take on a larger role in taming the pandemic.

"The Novavax data was pretty significant in that the ancestral strain in their formulation was able to give pretty good protection against omicron 5," said VRBPAC panelist Wayne Marasco, a professor at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School.

At the same time, "we may be witnessing some limitations with the mRNA vaccines," he said. "Yes, they were the first ones out of the gate, but they don't appear to be able to have that kind of breadth of protection."

Marasco wasn't the only one impressed with the Novavax data. "The most compelling thing that I've seen today is the data from Novavax" showing protection against BA.1, BA.2 and BA.5, said James Hildreth, president and CEO of Meharry Medical College. "It might be timely for the agency to quickly review the data" and approve the Novavax vaccine, he added. As an additional selling point for the Novavax vaccine, Hildreth noted that many people who have shied away from the mRNA vaccines might be more comfortable with the protein vaccine.

Novavax submitted a request to the FDA in January for an emergency use authorization (EUA) for its vaccine. Earlier this month, the vaccine won unanimous VRBPAC support. Although the FDA has acted within one day of similar VRBPAC meetings to grant or expand EUAs for COVID-19 vaccines, it has yet to act on the Novavax vaccine. Speaking at the June 28 meeting, Peter Marks, director of the FDA's Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, said he couldn't say when the agency would make its decision, citing confidentiality.

Amid the VRBPAC enthusiasm for the Novavax vaccine, the FDA's Jerry Weir cautioned that the agency had yet to review the new data presented about the company's vaccine and boosters. In addition to reviewing the efficacy data for its primary vaccine, the Gaithersburg, Md.-based company discussed preclinical data on the boosters it has in development, including the prototype vaccine, an omicron BA.1 monovalent vaccine and a bivalent product containing BA.1.

All the boosters, given eight months after the primary series (instead of the five months for the Moderna and Pfizer shots), generated antibody levels consistent with those seen in the original phase III vaccine trials conducted in the U.K. and the U.S./Mexico, according to the company.

In those trials, the Novavax vaccine showed a 90% efficacy against any COVID-19 infection and 100% efficacy against severe disease. In the U.S./Mexico trial, it showed 93% efficacy against all the variants of interest or of concern circulating at the time. In the U.K. trial, the efficacy against the variants was 86%.

"We are confident that our prototype COVID-19 vaccine generates broad levels of antibodies as a primary series, and that boosting with this prototype vaccine increases the magnitude of the breadth of response," Gregory Glenn, president of R&D at Novavax, said following the VRBPAC meeting. "While we believe in the strength of our prototype vaccine data, we are prepared to supply an omicron-based vaccine this fall in accordance with health authority recommendations."

Global concerns

In addition to the Novavax EUA, the FDA has a lot to consider when it comes to preparing for the next scene of the pandemic. While the VRBPAC supported the inclusion of an omicron component in future boosters, FDA officials will have to decide what that component should be, how it should be used and whether the data should be extrapolated for all age groups. A few VRBPAC members also encouraged the agency to be cognizant of the impact its decisions may have on other countries, especially since the decisions will involve global manufacturers.

The World Health Organization's Technical Advisory Group on COVID-19 Vaccine Composition addressed that issue in its most recent guidance. While the advisory group is recommending boosters with an omicron component, it said the recommendation doesn't preclude the consideration of other variant-specific formulations by regulators. Given the way the virus is evolving in different countries, the needs could differ.

To date, the vaccines in use globally are based on the original Wuhan strain. VRBPAC panelist Bruce Gellin, chief of global public health strategy at the Rockefeller Foundation, asked what would happen to the global vaccine supply if the U.S. were to require a composition change.

"I don't have an answer for that," the FDA's Weir responded, adding that the concern factored into WHO's recommendation to maintain the current primary vaccine based on the ancestral strain.

These are global manufacturers, Gellin said, so the FDA has to consider the ramifications of having a different booster and what's available elsewhere in the world.

In his closing remarks, Weir said he heard the committee's concerns about the importance of global coordination. The FDA will consider that and work on it going forward, he said.
Unit2Sucks
That's a great press release. How many people in the world have taken the Novavax vaccine?

By the way, that breath holding guy whose career you said was ruined thinks this might be the year he gets to 11 minutes.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

That's a great press release. How many people in the world have taken the Novavax vaccine?

By the way, that breath holding guy whose career you said was ruined thinks this might be the year he gets to 11 minutes.

That is great news. Even if it takes a few years, I am glad he is recovering from his vaccine injury and may get to where he was before the shot. He achieved 10:30 in 2020, prior to mRNA, which was good for second in the world.
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

That is great news. Even if it takes a few years, I am glad he is recovering from his vaccine injury and may get to where he was before the shot. He achieved 10:30 in 2020, prior to mRNA, which was good for second in the world.

Sounds like he is fully recovered. But you can still spread misinformation about it.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Sounds like he is fully recovered. But you can still spread misinformation about it.

He could be. Please feel free to post a link about his full recovery from his vaccine injury.
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

He could be. Please feel free to post a link about his full recovery from his vaccine injury.

As you know, Dagoury was the darling of the anti vax industry because he developed myocarditis. The fact that he's recovered isn't something people like you would ever want to publicize. If you want to know how he's doing you could check his Instagram and see that he is doing fine.

Same goes for Fabienne Schlumpf. You declared her career over in January and blamed mRNA. She recently declared her comeback successful. You won't ever talk about it not will any of the anti vax misinformation websites you frequent.

But please post press releases from Novavax after kvetching when other people posted press releases about mRNA which you criticized.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

As you know, Dagoury was the darling of the anti vax industry because he developed myocarditis. The fact that he's recovered isn't something people like you would ever want to publicize. If you want to know how he's doing you could check his Instagram and see that he is doing fine.

Same goes for Fabienne Schlumpf. You declared her career over in January and blamed mRNA. She recently declared her comeback successful. You won't ever talk about it not will any of the anti vax misinformation websites you frequent.

But please post press releases from Novavax after kvetching when other people posted press releases about mRNA which you criticized.

I asked a simple question. Please post a link to their recoveries. You can post a link to specific Instagram pages. I am glad they have recovered from their vaccine injuries.

As for the Novavax article, I just noted the parts where the medical experts at vrbpac ask the FDA when they are going to approve Novavax because it is the best vaccine against current Omicron strain and the FDA responds that they haven't reviewed the data. It is silly and frustrating. I posted video of vrbpac questioning the FDAs slowness in another thread.
oski003
Why the rush for toddler vaccines?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-the-rush-for-toddler-vaccines-covid-pandemic-children-fda-pfizer-moderna-medicine-evidence-11656951993?mod=djemalertNEWS
bearister
COVID was third leading cause of death in 2020 and 2021

https://www.axios.com/2022/07/06/covid-causes-of-death-2020-2021
Unit2Sucks
bearister said:

COVID was third leading cause of death in 2020 and 2021

https://www.axios.com/2022/07/06/covid-causes-of-death-2020-2021
And #1 for 45-54 age group.

Quote:

In the 2020 period, COVID-19 was the second leading cause of death in people age 85 and over, but, amid high vaccine uptake in this age group, it fell to the third leading cause of death from January to October 2021.

Younger adults saw the opposite trend. For those ages 45 to 54, COVID-19 was the fourth leading cause of death in the 2020 period but jumped to the leading cause of death in 2021. Likewise, in those ages 35 to 44, COVID-19 jumped from the fifth leading cause of death in 2020 to the second leading cause in 2021. And for those ages 15 to 24 and 25 to 34, COVID-19 wasn't in the top five in 2020 but ranked as the fourth leading cause of death in both age groups in 2021.

oski003
Pfizer driving pandemic health policy for profits.

https://khn.org/news/article/pfizer-pandemic-vaccine-market-paxlovid-outsize-profit-influence/
bearister
Headed in a bad direction': Omicron variant may bring second-largest US Covid wave

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jul/08/usa-omicron-variant-covid-wave?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

"To keep the effects of a surge, including the risk of economic disruption and long-term issues like long Covid, to a minimum, Americans need to "bring the numbers down as expeditiously as we can", Salemi said.

That includes taking the same measures that have proven to help manage the virus in the past: vaccines, masks, distancing, ventilation, tests."

oski003
Everyone tries to make Kyrie Irving, Rogers, and Djokovic a pariah. The truth is a lot of athletes are unvaccinated because it was not in THEIR best interest to get an mRNA covid vaccine. It is just not publicized.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/34238893/andrew-benintendi-whit-merrifield-10-unvaccinated-kansas-city-royals-players-toronto-blue-jays-series
sycasey
Party tonight in the oski003 household.

oski003
sycasey said:

Party tonight in the oski003 household.

Mixed emotions. CDC is sitting on it for six more days, and the FDA will take their sweet time approving for boosters and under 18. It is a step in the right direction though.
Unit2Sucks
Great news on Novavax. I assume we'll see tens of millions of Americans who were just waiting for that specific vaccine technology get vaccinated now and that the pandemic will be over.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

Great news on Novavax. I assume we'll see tens of millions of Americans who were just waiting for that specific vaccine technology get vaccinated now and that the pandemic will be over.

There would be tens of millions, except for the anti-vax stuff I have posted here has caused the pandemic to go on endlessly and thousands to needlessly die.
oski003
Funny that Reuters has breaking news today that FDA and EU put a severe allergy warning on Novavax, despite the fact that it is a standard warning that almost all vaccines have.

https://www.sanofi.com/en/media-room/press-releases/2022/2022-06-22-12-00-00-2467035
bearister
The BA.5 Covid variant is causing US cases to rise should you be worried? All you need to know

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jul/15/covid-ba5-us-wave-what-you-need-to-know?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
DiabloWags
Unit2Sucks said:

lol
Big C
oski003 said:

Everyone tries to make Kyrie Irving, Rogers, and Djokovic a pariah. The truth is a lot of athletes are unvaccinated because it was not in THEIR best interest to get an mRNA covid vaccine. It is just not publicized.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/34238893/andrew-benintendi-whit-merrifield-10-unvaccinated-kansas-city-royals-players-toronto-blue-jays-series

Yeah, it's not in MY best interest to give to charity or to vote for anyone/anything that would raise my taxes, but some of us choose to act in a way that benefits the common good nonetheless.

PS: LOL, the three folks you mention above were just waiting for a non-mRNA vaccine. Right.
oski003
Big C said:

oski003 said:

Yeah, it's not in MY best interest to give to charity or to vote for anyone/anything that would raise my taxes, but some of us choose to act in a way that benefits the common good nonetheless.

PS: LOL, the three folks you mention above were just waiting for a non-mRNA vaccine. Right.

At this point in time, all three likely won't get vaccinated regardless of whether or not the vaccine is protein, like the flu shot, or mRNA. Perhaps they would if the virus was more deadly for them. As for your first statement, vaccines aren't containing spread, no matter how much Unit2 and his experts have blamed the unvaccinated. For those not at high risk, hand washing and social distancing is key. I personally hardly ever eat indoors because I view it as an unnecessary risk.
BearForce2

Why won't the mainstream media talk about the actual science being published by Pfizer themselves?

And by the way, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) are struggling with a shortage of staff members due to low morale and political pressure, according to a report from Daily Mail.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11015235/Health-experts-quitting-NIH-CDC-droves-embarrassed-bad-science.html
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
Big C
LOL, Rand Paul.. The guy is a joke. A bad joke. A bad joke with an agenda... and something funky going on with his hair.
BearForce2
Big C said:

LOL, Rand Paul.. The guy is a joke. A bad joke. A bad joke with an agenda... and something funky going on with his hair.

Rand Paul was referencing Pfizer's own report.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
BearForce2

Quote:

The New York Times reported on a "new" study the largest to date that shows how the experimental COVID vaccines may affect menstruation. The NY Times then insists that based on the findings there is no cause for alarm.

It may take years before the truth is known about vaccines.
Big C
BearForce2 said:

Quote:

The New York Times reported on a "new" study the largest to date that shows how the experimental COVID vaccines may affect menstruation. The NY Times then insists that based on the findings there is no cause for alarm.

It may take years before the truth is known about vaccines.

A truth that has been known for over a year and a half is that the vaccines do a great job of preventing serious COVID, a disease that has killed over a million Americans.

One of my favorite lines from the pandemic was when somebody said something to the effect of...
"Nancy Pelosi is recommending everybody get vaccinated because she knows that Republicans will do just the opposite of what she tells them to do. Murderess!"
BearForce2
15 days to slow the spread.
AunBear89
Gone by Easter.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
BearForce2
MinotStateBeav
They lied to you, Jim Jordan asking Dr. Debrah Birx questions on Covid. She essentially admits the government lied to people regarding infection to vaccinated persons.
https://rumble.com/v1cmoiz-rep.-jim-jordan-questions-dr.-deborah-birx-on-why-americans-should-trust-th.html

Unit2Sucks
MinotStateBeav said:

They lied to you, Jim Jordan asking Dr. Debrah Birx questions on Covid. She essentially admits the government lied to people regarding infection to vaccinated persons.
https://rumble.com/v1cmoiz-rep.-jim-jordan-questions-dr.-deborah-birx-on-why-americans-should-trust-th.html

You are probably gonna want to have this one back boss. I haven't read the book but looks like that excerpt says that Marc (guessing Marc Short) tried to doctor the reports for political reasons and that Birx had to be careful to reinsert the correct information in different locations because the political morons in Trump's admin wouldn't figure this out.

Birx was gone before the vaccines were rolled out so I have no idea how you are connecting this idiotic tweet with vaccine performance.

If I'm wrong and she had provided false data which Trump had tried to correct, I will take my lumps. But I think we all know that's not going to happen.
First Page Last Page
Page 70 of 137

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.