Vaccine Redux - Vax up and go to Class

362,417 Views | 4701 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by movielover
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Coronavirus forecasts from multiple research teams, shared with federal officials, foresee stable or declining COVID hospitalizations in early fall, The Washington Post reports.

"The scenarios show the possibility of a late-fall surge. A new variant remains the biggest wild card," The Post adds.
"But several factors including the approval this week of reformulated boosters and the buildup of immunity against the latest strain of the virus could suppress some of the cold-season spread."

Justin Lessler, a UNC epidemiologist, said: "[N]othing appears to be projecting anything like an omicron wave."

What we're watching: Many big employers, including Apple, are using Labor Day as "the line in the corporate sand" to get serious about bringing people back to the office, The Wall Street Journal reports (subscription):

"Many executives say ... a post-Labor Day return is their best hope at getting workers on a more regular office schedule before the fall and winter holidays."

-Axios
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
sycasey
The last surge resulted in a lot of cases, but not much change in the death rate. If it's just more Omicron next time then I'd expect to see the same.
MinotStateBeav
New York Gov. Hochul gave covid test contract to campaign donor who then charged 2x the cost of the tests.

https://nypost.com/2022/09/09/hochul-donor-got-bigger-bucks-than-competitors-in-covid-test-deal/
AunBear89
I guess some Democrats are as corrupt as rank and file Republicans. Shocking.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
MinotStateBeav
Trust the science they said...

sycasey
MinotStateBeav said:

You know that we have vaccines now, right?
MinotStateBeav
sycasey said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Read it again and see where you f'd up.
sycasey
MinotStateBeav said:

sycasey said:

MinotStateBeav said:

You realize the virus also changed, right?
AunBear89
MinotStateBeav said:

sycasey said:

MinotStateBeav said:

His first mistake was trying to engage you in an intellectual conversation.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
bearister
Axios-Ipsos poll: Americans are ready to move on from the pandemic

https://www.axios.com/2022/09/13/axios-ipsos-coronavirus-public-moving-on
MinotStateBeav
sycasey said:

MinotStateBeav said:

sycasey said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Yep..it changed alright. Like we all said it would...people that had no need for the "vaccine" or made a personal choice to not take it were castigated even though we knew the "vaccine" didn't stop the spread. You had the NFL playing games where they had to mask up after smashing into each other haha. The theater of it all was a joke then just as it is now. The way the government and the "vaxxed" treated those who didn't want it was a shame to you all. People on this board were wishing people that didn't take the "vaccine" to die and that wasn't a rare sentiment in this country.
sycasey
MinotStateBeav said:

sycasey said:

MinotStateBeav said:

sycasey said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Yep..it changed alright. Like we all said it would...people that had no need for the "vaccine" or made a personal choice to not take it were castigated even though we knew the "vaccine" didn't stop the spread. You had the NFL playing games where they had to mask up after smashing into each other haha. The theater of it all was a joke then just as it is now. The way the government and the "vaxxed" treated those who didn't want it was a shame to you all. People on this board were wishing people that didn't take the "vaccine" to die and that wasn't a rare sentiment in this country.
I mean, it's still true that everyone should have gotten vaxxed. The previous versions of the virus might have been slowed significantly by more community-level immunity. Once it mutated to Omicron, not so much . . . but that mutation was not a foregone conclusion at the time.
oski003
"I think it could be a better vaccine," Osterholm said, though he cautioned that, in the early days of mRNA COVID vaccines, society had "unbridled expectations that ultimately didn't pan out," such as the vaccines preventing infection.

Dr. Bali Pulendran, professor of microbiology and immunology at Stanford University, told Fortune he isn't sure why the U.S. hasn't yet approved Novavax for use as a booster, giving those who've received a two-dose mRNA series another option, aside from newly approved Omicron mRNA vaccines.

"It's a terrific vaccine, and I do hope people get access to it if they wish to," Pulendran said.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/america-skeptical-dark-horse-covid-090000404.html "

Ironically, many Americans are vaccine skeptics now, due to the failures of the mRNA vaccines and public officials lying about those failures, not because I posted some stuff on Bear Insider.
bearister

"Still, Wachter said he'll continue masking in crowded, poorly ventilated indoor spaces and on airplanes "probably forever," especially if he doesn't need to talk with anyone.

"I figure, why take ANY risk in situations like these?" he tweeted."
-Axios
DiabloWags
Novavax (NVAX) From $240 to $36 in only 8 months.
From $36 to $21 in 1 month.

Yesterday, JP Morgan cut the 12 month price target to $27 from an earlier target of $132.

NVAX.... the "gift" that just keeps on giving!

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
oski003
DiabloWags said:

Novavax (NVAX) From $240 to $36 in only 8 months.
From $36 to $21 in 1 month.

Yesterday, JP Morgan cut the 12 month price target to $27 from an earlier target of $132.

NVAX.... the "gift" that just keeps on giving!

Wrong thread but congrats on your gains. Please use them on the animals you save.
MinotStateBeav
Seems a little late for this warning lol.
Zippergate
Another fanatical TV talking head MD turned heretic.

https://rwmalonemd.substack.com/p/dr-aseem-malhotra-promoted-covid

"In conclusion of both papers, there is a strong scientific, ethical, and moral case to be made that COVID-19 vaccines rollout must stop immediately until raw data has been released for fully independent scrutiny. Looking to the future, the medical and public health professions must recognize these failings and eschew the tainted dollar of the medical industrial complex. It will take a lot of time and effort to restore trust in these institutions, but the future and the health of both the medical profession and humanity depend on it. "

That phrase medical industrial complex sounds vaguely familiar. Hmm. Anyway, his change of tune 21 months into the "vaccine" campaign is welcome but not exactly timely. NOW we're going to scrutinize the raw data? After hundreds of millions of people have received three, four, even five doses of these experimental gene therapies? As he says, "It will take a lot of time and effort to restore trust in these institutions" which failed us.
Zippergate
Sorry, I just couldn't resist...

oski003
Zippergate said:

Sorry, I just couldn't resist...

Does Hunter get a cut from Pfizer?
Unit2Sucks
I know that anti-vaxxers won't understand this message, but if you are about to be homeless for some period of time and living in a communal shelter, reducing your chances of contracting a virus (whether it's the flu or COVID) is probably a good idea. Vaccination can help.

At this point however, unless the bivalents prove themselves to have some level of durability, there is little to no chance that vaccination will make a difference at the population level so I couldn't care less if idiots continue to spread anti-vax rhetoric.

It's not going to help 003's investment in Novavax though.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

I know that anti-vaxxers won't understand this message, but if you are about to be homeless for some period of time and living in a communal shelter, reducing your chances of contracting a virus (whether it's the flu or COVID) is probably a good idea. Vaccination can help.

At this point however, unless the bivalents prove themselves to have some level of durability, there is little to no chance that vaccination will make a difference at the population level so I couldn't care less if idiots continue to spread anti-vax rhetoric.

It's not going to help 003's investment in Novavax though.
I don't have an investment in Novavax. Does Bourla ever pleasure you or is it one-sided? According to your definition of anti-vaxx, which is basically saying anything against the untested new bivalent vaccines that Biden peddles, the newest anti-vaxxer is Dr. Paul Offit, the director of the Vaccine Education Center at CHOP and an internationally recognized expert in the fields of virology and immunology. He is easily one of the country's top experts and has had enough of Biden's CDC peddling mRNA for all purposes.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/opinion/faustfiles/100026
Big C
Zippergate said:

Another fanatical TV talking head MD turned heretic.

https://rwmalonemd.substack.com/p/dr-aseem-malhotra-promoted-covid

"In conclusion of both papers, there is a strong scientific, ethical, and moral case to be made that COVID-19 vaccines rollout must stop immediately until raw data has been released for fully independent scrutiny. Looking to the future, the medical and public health professions must recognize these failings and eschew the tainted dollar of the medical industrial complex. It will take a lot of time and effort to restore trust in these institutions, but the future and the health of both the medical profession and humanity depend on it. "

That phrase medical industrial complex sounds vaguely familiar. Hmm. Anyway, his change of tune 21 months into the "vaccine" campaign is welcome but not exactly timely. NOW we're going to scrutinize the raw data? After hundreds of millions of people have received three, four, even five doses of these experimental gene therapies? As he says, "It will take a lot of time and effort to restore trust in these institutions" which failed us.

Welcome back, Zip! Dunno if you heard: The right wing of this forum is down two posters. Given your insight, maybe you could take up some of that slack!
Zippergate
Leave it to U2S to come to the defense of the inane, empty sloganeering of the Telepromter-reader in Chief parroting copy written by an intern with a degree in Grievance Studies. The idea that people facing a hurricane should be concerned about their "vaxx" status is absurd to everyone but the truly gaslit elite. But even if it were true, you do realize that even in the vaxx's heyday when the wild strain was prevalent it took weeks for the vaccine to build up the body's ability to resist a covid infection. Weeks. In fact, there's plenty of evidence that you are more susceptible to the virus in the days immediately following the jab. That's why when compiling the stats on vaxxed vs unvaxxed They only count the vaxxed until 21 days after their second dose. Gotta make the numbers look good. At least until they are so awful (as in negative efficacy) that They stop publishing them.

Hey U2S, show us an anti-vaxx expert who regrets telling people not to be jabbed. Just one.
Zippergate
Quote:

Welcome back, Zip! Dunno if you heard: The right wing of this forum is down two posters. Given your insight, maybe you could take up some of that slack!
Was there an argument related to the topic at hand hiding in there? I must have missed it.
oski003
Zippergate said:

Leave it to U2S to come to the defense of the inane, empty sloganeering of the Telepromter-reader in Chief parroting copy written by an intern with a degree in Grievance Studies. The idea that people facing a hurricane should be concerned about their "vaxx" status is absurd to everyone but the truly gaslit elite. But even if it were true, you do realize that even in the vaxx's heyday when the wild strain was prevalent it took weeks for the vaccine to build up the body's ability to resist a covid infection. Weeks. In fact, there's plenty of evidence that you are more susceptible to the virus in the days immediately following the jab. That's why when compiling the stats on vaxxed vs unvaxxed They only count the vaxxed until 21 days after their second dose. Gotta make the numbers look good. At least until they are so awful (as in negative efficacy) that They stop publishing them.

Hey U2S, show us an anti-vaxx expert who regrets telling people not to be jabbed. Just one.

mRNA is very effective 21 days after second shot up to 60 days after second shot!
Big C
Zippergate said:

Quote:

Was there an argument related to the topic at hand hiding in there? I must have missed it.

Hey, you're good! No, I was just extending a welcome and an invitation.
Unit2Sucks
Zippergate said:

There are quite a few. Probably would be more if fewer of those idiots committed suicide by COVID.

Here's just the first example I found on google:

Quote:

'Afraid I was going to die': Hawaii anti-vaccine leader expresses regret after getting COVID

"We were told the COVID virus was not that deadly. It was nothing more than a little flu. I can tell you it's more than a little flu," he said.

Wikoff was sent to a hospital on the west side of Oahu, but was transferred to a facility in Honolulu because there was not enough space. The state's hospitals were at or near capacity during the latest surge.

"I was in a bed. I can't move, I can't breathe," he recalled. "I was afraid I was going to die."
At this point I don't really care what people like zipperhate do - inject bleach, snort ivermectin, whatever dude. There are still thousands of unvaxxed Americans dying per week but that's on them.

I'm sorry that so many people died because they believed in anti-vax propaganda but we can't change the past.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

Zippergate said:

There are quite a few. Probably would be more if fewer of those idiots committed suicide by COVID.

Here's just the first example I found on google:

Quote:

'Afraid I was going to die': Hawaii anti-vaccine leader expresses regret after getting COVID

"We were told the COVID virus was not that deadly. It was nothing more than a little flu. I can tell you it's more than a little flu," he said.

Wikoff was sent to a hospital on the west side of Oahu, but was transferred to a facility in Honolulu because there was not enough space. The state's hospitals were at or near capacity during the latest surge.

"I was in a bed. I can't move, I can't breathe," he recalled. "I was afraid I was going to die."
At this point I don't really care what people like zipperhate do - inject bleach, snort ivermectin, whatever dude. There are still thousands of unvaxxed Americans dying per week but that's on them.

I'm sorry that so many people died because they believed in anti-vax propaganda but we can't change the past.

What are Wikoff's expert credentials? By the way, as stated before, I believe almost everyone over 40 and those at high risk should get vaccinated.
Zippergate
An obese 66 year-old man who organized a group to fight mandates becomes deathly ill, then has a change of heart. Perhaps he should have received the vaccine, but it's unclear to me why he thinks it was a mistake to fight mandates that effect the entire population, the vast majority of which is younger and healthier. I would add that the guy is obviously not a rocket scientist. After getting Covid, he then agreed to be jabbed. Guess he's never heard of this thing that the Medical Industrial Complex has helped us unlearn called natural immunity, a crazy phenomenon even Fauci was talking about back in the day before the medical establishment was "brought to you by Pfizer." But hey, I guess you can never have too much toxic spike protein in your system, especially for extinct strains of the virus.
Zippergate
Quote:

There are still thousands of unvaxxed Americans dying per week but that's on them.

This would be hilarious if it weren't so sad. You have no idea what you're talking about. With the passage of time, the efficacy of the vaxx is negative for most of the people who have received them.
Eastern Oregon Bear
Zippergate said:

An obese 66 year-old man who organized a group to fight mandates becomes deathly ill, then has a change of heart. Perhaps he should have received the vaccine, but it's unclear to me why he thinks it was a mistake to fight mandates that effect the entire population, the vast majority of which is younger and healthier. I would add that the guy is obviously not a rocket scientist. After getting Covid, he then agreed to be jabbed. Guess he's never heard of this thing that the Medical Industrial Complex has helped us unlearn called natural immunity, a crazy phenomenon even Fauci was talking about back in the day before the medical establishment was "brought to you by Pfizer." But hey, I guess you can never have too much toxic spike protein in your system, especially for extinct strains of the virus.
Last year's strains are extinct? Your hyperbole went there?
bearister

Robert M. Wachter - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_M._Wachter

*I think UCSF's Dr. Bob gives sound advice.
Zippergate
Quote:

*I think UCSF's Dr. Bob gives sound advice.
Yeah, especially with that hurricane coming. All aboard the Booster Treadmill! Woot Woot!

So sad for Pfizer that uptake of the latest booster is less than 2%. What (or perhaps who) do millions of vaccinated Americans know that this esteemed doctor doesn't?

Still waiting for my polio booster. Dang, I wish they'd hurry up.
bearister
You got me there. The American public displays its brilliance over and over again.

It is against my better judgment, but I think I will continue to seek medical advice from the Mayo Clinic, UCSF, Stanford Medical Center and Harvard Medical School instead of from the American public and BI.

Will the COVID-19 booster be like an annual flu shot? - Mayo Clinic News Network

https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/discussion/9-12-post-will-the-covid-19-booster-be-like-an-annual-flu-shot/

COVID-19 vaccines - Harvard Health

https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-vaccines

UCSF COVID-19 Vaccine Information | Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources

https://coronavirus.ucsf.edu/vaccines

Vaccine Update | Stanford Health Care

https://stanfordhealthcare.org/discover/covid-19-resource-center/patient-care/safety-health-vaccine-planning.html
First Page Last Page
Page 75 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.