Vaccine Redux - Vax up and go to Class

512,832 Views | 5321 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by movielover
TheFiatLux
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sycasey said:

TheFiatLux said:

sycasey said:

TheFiatLux said:

sycasey said:

TheFiatLux said:

sycasey said:

TheFiatLux said:

Genocide Joe said:

I firmly believe that Fauci is the most loathsome person in the history of the US government. Worse than Benedict Arnold. The damage he wrought on America will far outlive this disgusting POS.
Worse than all the slaveowners! The ones who started needless wars! The ones who killed all the Native Americans!

Come on now.
Yes. Fauci, almost single-handedly, put in place the forces that would erode so much of our society, government, way of life. I won't list them all, they're known, but the Covid hysteria is singularly the most damaging thing to happen to this country in our lifetime, if not ever.
You are lost, my friend.
Projection much?

Society was locked down. Insane. Society put the interests of adults ahead of children. Reprehensible. Your rights were suspended. For nothing. But here you are defending it all and its architect.

I've said this before, but yours is an example of Melbourne Syndrome. Like Stockholm Syndrome, except here those who were lied to bond with the people lying.

Lost souls.

I have my own disagreements with past COVID policy and do not mind criticism of such. I just don't think it was the greatest crime our government has ever committed in its history. Silly me, thinking slavery or war or racial genocide are worse.
I think we might be closer, if not in agreement. What I didn't make clear so you may have missed is that I am talking about an individual. I'm not talking about all the ills of society / government. The things you list were terrible but weren't one person; they were also a different time. It's a little bit of apples and oranges. Fauci KNEW what was going on, he knew HIS role and he lied and lied more. Those lies have had deleterious impact far beyond just the individual lies he told.
Lots of people knew slavery was wrong at the time; that's why there was a war over it and why there had to be so many tenuous compromises in the years before. The people who started that war knew exactly what they were doing and what they were fighting for. I think I'm going to say those individuals were a lot more destructive than Fauci, who ultimately was just an advisor and didn't even have actual direct control over state and local health policy.

OK, we're not close. We're just going to fundamentally disagree and leave it at that. Thanks.
sycasey
TheFiatLux said:

sycasey said:

TheFiatLux said:

sycasey said:

TheFiatLux said:

sycasey said:

TheFiatLux said:

sycasey said:

TheFiatLux said:

Genocide Joe said:

I firmly believe that Fauci is the most loathsome person in the history of the US government. Worse than Benedict Arnold. The damage he wrought on America will far outlive this disgusting POS.
Worse than all the slaveowners! The ones who started needless wars! The ones who killed all the Native Americans!

Come on now.
Yes. Fauci, almost single-handedly, put in place the forces that would erode so much of our society, government, way of life. I won't list them all, they're known, but the Covid hysteria is singularly the most damaging thing to happen to this country in our lifetime, if not ever.
You are lost, my friend.
Projection much?

Society was locked down. Insane. Society put the interests of adults ahead of children. Reprehensible. Your rights were suspended. For nothing. But here you are defending it all and its architect.

I've said this before, but yours is an example of Melbourne Syndrome. Like Stockholm Syndrome, except here those who were lied to bond with the people lying.

Lost souls.

I have my own disagreements with past COVID policy and do not mind criticism of such. I just don't think it was the greatest crime our government has ever committed in its history. Silly me, thinking slavery or war or racial genocide are worse.
I think we might be closer, if not in agreement. What I didn't make clear so you may have missed is that I am talking about an individual. I'm not talking about all the ills of society / government. The things you list were terrible but weren't one person; they were also a different time. It's a little bit of apples and oranges. Fauci KNEW what was going on, he knew HIS role and he lied and lied more. Those lies have had deleterious impact far beyond just the individual lies he told.
Lots of people knew slavery was wrong at the time; that's why there was a war over it and why there had to be so many tenuous compromises in the years before. The people who started that war knew exactly what they were doing and what they were fighting for. I think I'm going to say those individuals were a lot more destructive than Fauci, who ultimately was just an advisor and didn't even have actual direct control over state and local health policy.

OK, we're not close. We're just going to fundamentally disagree and leave it at that. Thanks.
Yes, if you think that whatever Fauci did is worse than the people who enacted all of that stuff I named (remember, you said he was the worst individual in HISTORY, so I don't want to hear about "it was a different time" as an excuse) then we are not close at all. Just plain nuts.
TheFiatLux
sycasey said:

TheFiatLux said:

sycasey said:

TheFiatLux said:

sycasey said:

TheFiatLux said:

sycasey said:

TheFiatLux said:

sycasey said:

TheFiatLux said:

Genocide Joe said:

Come on now.
You are lost, my friend.
Projection much?

Lost souls.

Yes, if you think that whatever Fauci did is worse than the people who enacted all of that stuff I named (remember, you said he was the worst individual in HISTORY, so I don't want to hear about "it was a different time" as an excuse) then we are not close at all. Just plain nuts.
You should check out Dale Carnegie.

Nope, that's not what I said. What I wrote is "Fauci is the most loathsome person in the history of the US government." I gave you too much credit for being sincere in having a conversation, instead you misrepresented what I clearly wrote, and did a misdirect. That was my mistake. I'll leave it at that.
sycasey
TheFiatLux said:

sycasey said:

TheFiatLux said:

sycasey said:

TheFiatLux said:

sycasey said:

TheFiatLux said:

sycasey said:

TheFiatLux said:

sycasey said:

TheFiatLux said:

Genocide Joe said:

Come on now.
You are lost, my friend.
Projection much?

Lost souls.

You should check out Dale Carnegie.

Nope, that's not what I said. What I wrote is "Fauci is the most loathsome person in the history of the US government." I gave you too much credit for being sincere in having a conversation, instead you misrepresented what I clearly wrote, and did a misdirect. That was my mistake. I'll leave it at that.
Again, I think the people who started a war to support slavery are more loathsome, but that's just me.
dajo9
The competition:
Andrew Fauci
Jefferson Davis (civil war)
Andrew Jackson (trail of tears)
"The rules were that you were not going to fact check"
MAGA
movielover
Upwards of 50 Million are illegal, many with stronger emotional ties to Central and South America, China, and India. Some Mexicans I chat with are completely unaware of Ireland and Sweden.

Many urban American high schools have less than 25% of students pass the basic math and English proficiency tests after 12 years of formal education, free pre school, free Head Start, free libraries, tutoring, and PBS. It's a disaster. What's California public education, #49 or #50?

Dr. Jordan Peterson says 10% of American citizens score under 83 on an IQ test and aren't admitted to the US Military.

FWIW, Navy Seals gave IQs around 120.

https://eightify.app/summary/psychology-and-self-improvement/jordan-peterson-shocking-iq-statistic
bear2034
Big C said:

bear2034 said:

The majority of Americans believed Covid vaccines have caused a significant number of unexplained deaths.

Is your conclusion from this that it is a piece of evidence that helps prove the case, or that what people have heard over their media the past couple of years has influenced their opinion?

Because if the latter, we agree once again.

We've heard nothing from the media, that's the whole point. We should have heard that people suffering from three or more comorbidities had much higher death rates from Covid But this type of news gets trickled in by various medical professionals on Twitter or even Youtube such that if you're not paying attention, you would never know.

The idea that a significant number of people have experienced death or injury from vaccines is still treated as right wing conspiracy by mainstream corporate news.
sycasey
dajo9 said:

The competition:
Andrew Fauci

Henry Kissinger and everything he did in Asia.
dajo9
sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

The competition:
Andrew Fauci

Yep. How about Dick Cheney and everything he did in the middle east?
MAGA
calbear93
sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

The competition:
Andrew Fauci

You do see the damage done to the scientific and medical authorities that the leading voice from the pandemic is even being compared to this (whether on a hyperbolic manner or not). There is almost no going back to same level of trust, just like broken trust in any relationship. And that does a lot more harm than any short-term benefit that was targeted.
sycasey
calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

The competition:
Andrew Fauci

You do see the damage done to the scientific and medical authorities that the leading voice from the pandemic is even being compared to this (whether on a hyperbolic manner or not). There is almost no going back to same level of trust, just like broken trust in any relationship. And that does a lot more harm than any short-term benefit that was targeted.
Well, my point is that whatever Fauci's faults are they pale in comparison to the above. TheFiatLux appears to disagree.
calbear93
sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

The competition:
Andrew Fauci

Well, my point is that whatever Fauci's faults are they pale in comparison to the above. TheFiatLux appears to disagree.
Well, even if you win the argument, the harm it has done in the long run and the fuel it has given to conspiracy theories in the future remain the same. So, he may take pride that he is better than Jefferson Davis, but he should be ashamed, and I am ashamed for defending him.
Cal88
dajo9 said:

The competition:
Andrew Fauci

Biden/Israel killed many more indigenous people in Gaza than Jackson ever did in the Trail of Tears. They've also displaced 20 times as many men, women and children, as in the Trail of Tears, victims who are facing starvation and disease today.

I'm not sure why Jackson is held as some kind of genocidal historical figure, to his credit he's preserved American independence by taking on the Anglo-American banking cartel. He's a boy scout compared to those modern leaders who presided over the deaths of millions of innocent people in Indonesia, Vietnam or Iraq just to name these three colonial interventions.
Big C
bear2034 said:

Big C said:

bear2034 said:

The majority of Americans believed Covid vaccines have caused a significant number of unexplained deaths.

Is your conclusion from this that it is a piece of evidence that helps prove the case, or that what people have heard over their media the past couple of years has influenced their opinion?

We've heard nothing from the media, that's the whole point. We should have heard that people suffering from three or more comorbidities had much higher death rates from Covid But this type of news gets trickled in by various medical professionals on Twitter or even Youtube such that if you're not paying attention, you would never know.

The idea that a significant number of people have experienced death or injury from vaccines is still treated as right wing conspiracy by mainstream corporate news.

Not much from what you people refer to as "MSM", but there's all kinds of media. This is why I wrote "...what people have heard over their media... "

These people that believe this, they hear about the idea from somewhere, right? Or do you think that most of them know somebody who, documented, died from the COVID vaccine?

This is one of the problems we have nowadays: echo chambers.
bearister

Andrew Jackson, age 78 (by Matthew Brady, 1845)

*He isn't even the earliest POTUS of which a photo exists.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bear2034
Big C said:

bear2034 said:

Big C said:

bear2034 said:

Not much from what you people refer to as "MSM", but there's all kinds of media. This is why I wrote "...what people have heard over their media... "

These people that believe this, they hear about the idea from somewhere, right? Or do you think that most of them know somebody who, documented, died from the COVID vaccine?

As far as Covid "news" is concerned, I would argue that there is no right wing echo chamber. Even Fox News is sponsored by Pfizer. Any alternative view or interpretation of science regarding Covid and the vaccines is suppressed. What's important to me is to me is to be able live in a society where questions can be asked freely without someone being labeled a conspiracy theorist and this is not happening.
movielover
sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

The competition:
Andrew Fauci

One could argue he was a key player in the vaxx, the strategy, the rollout, and the subsequent worldwide death of allegedly 17 Million people.

But look at the courageous Florida Surgeon General.

USA Today: Florida Surgeon General Dr. Ladapo wants to halt COVID mRNA vaccines, going
against FDA

"State Surgeon General Dr. Joseph Ladapo said in a statement released by the Florida Department of Health that he raised questions about the safety of the vaccines with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and they did not provide an adequate response. As a result, he said he is now recommending against using the vaccines."

Years in, and they can't answer simple questions.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2024/01/04/florida-surgeon-general-dr-joseph-ladapo-covid-vaccine/72107931007/
Big C
bear2034 said:

Big C said:

bear2034 said:

Big C said:

bear2034 said:

As far as Covid "news" is concerned, I would argue that there is no right wing echo chamber. Even Fox News is sponsored by Pfizer. Any alternative view or interpretation of science regarding Covid and the vaccines is suppressed. What's important to me is to me is to be able live in a society where questions can be asked freely without someone being labeled a conspiracy theorist and this is not happening.

1. If alternative views about this are so suppressed, why am I reading about them on a sports fan web site?

2. What's important to me is to be able to live in a society where questions can be asked freely without someone being thrown in jail for asking them. Private citizens or entities labeling someone a conspiracy theorist is simply a first-amendment response, unless of course the government is tattooing that label on their foreheads (which I would be against, btw).
dajo9
As a percentage of the U.S. population more people were ethnically cleansed in the Trail of Tears than Americans died of Covid.

Some people suffered great hardship with Covid restrictions. Maybe someday Fiat will share his personal story with us (or maybe he has and I have missed it). Covid "hysteria" has been a great thing for my wife and I as we have often said to each other that we "don't know how we would have done it" in the last few years without the hybrid work model (we moved and have early teenage kids in lots of activities). But I understand my anecdote is not as important as the data. I just think the data should include the millions of Americans partially working from home now. Who do I thank for that?

Fully trusting the government is not for me. I dont have an opinion on Fauci because I never listened to him. In 2020 our little league season was cancelled. In the summer a bunch of us dads got a bunch of interested families together for an unofficial summer season. It was all volunteer. All old uniforms. We umpired ourselves. No money changed hands. Every week our kids played a baseball game. It was great. But again, I understand my anecdotes are no match for data and my experience was probably unusual.
MAGA
bear2034
Big C said:

1. If alternative views about this are so suppressed, why am I reading about them on a sports fan web site?

2. What's important to me is to be able to live in a society where questions can be asked freely without someone being thrown in jail for asking them. Private citizens or entities labeling someone a conspiracy theorist is simply a first-amendment response, unless of course the government is tattooing that label on their foreheads (which I would be against, btw).

It's harder to suppress information without total control of the internet. CCP China tries but can't successfully pull it off like North Korea can. We're so much better off after Elon Musk bought Twitter. Youtube's search algorithm can't catch everything.
sycasey
calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

The competition:
Andrew Fauci

Well, even if you win the argument, the harm it has done in the long run and the fuel it has given to conspiracy theories in the future remain the same. So, he may take pride that he is better than Jefferson Davis, but he should be ashamed, and I am ashamed for defending him.

What this whole thread shows me the political messaging has gotten so insane on the right that now people seem to really believe that Anthony Fauci is more loathsome than all the slavers and war criminals and open traitors who have served in the US government over its entire history. Or that Joe Biden is personally responsible for everything currently happening in Gaza. How can you have reasonable political discourse in this environment?
bearister
We're In a Major COVID-19 Surge. It's Our New Normal | TIME

https://time.com/6554340/covid-19-surge-2024/
Lets Go Brandon
bearister said:

LOL at people trying to do COVID hysteria, the sequel
Cal88
sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

The competition:
Andrew Fauci

What this whole thread shows me the political messaging has gotten so insane on the right that now people seem to really believe that Anthony Fauci is more loathsome than all the slavers and war criminals and open traitors who have served in the US government over its entire history. Or that Joe Biden is personally responsible for everything currently happening in Gaza. How can you have reasonable political discourse in this environment?

Biden could stop the massacre anytime he chooses, Israel would have run out of ammunition in November without the non-stop massive weapons resupplying from the US. They are only able to bomb Gaza to smithereens because of close to 300 cargo plane and 30 shiploads of ammunition from the US the last 3 months. This is not "insane right wing" thinking, it's a very basic aspect of the ongoing annihilation of Gazans.

https://jacobin.com/2023/11/us-weapons-shipments-biden-administration-war-crimes-civilian-deaths-gaza
oski003
Cal88 said:

sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

The competition:
Andrew Fauci

Biden could stop the massacre anytime he chooses, Israel would have run out of ammunition in November without the non-stop massive weapons resupplying from the US. They are only able to bomb Gaza to smithereens because of close to 300 cargo plane and 30 shiploads of ammunition from the US the last 3 months. This is not "insane right wing" thinking, it's a very basic aspect of the ongoing annihilation of Gazans.

Hamas could stop the massacre any time they choose. They just need to release their hostages and leave Gaza.
Cal88
oski003 said:

Cal88 said:

sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

The competition:
Andrew Fauci

Hamas could stop the massacre any time they choose. They just need to release their hostages and leave Gaza.

Israel has killed about as many Israeli hostages in early October as Hamas is holding now, look up the Hannibal Doctrine. Their main purpose is to ethnically cleanse Gaza, their actions are not driven by concern for their hostages.
oski003
Cal88 said:

oski003 said:

Cal88 said:

sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

The competition:
Andrew Fauci

Israel has killed about as many Israeli hostages in early October as Hamas is holding now, look up the Hannibal Doctrine. Their main purpose is to ethnically cleanse Gaza, their actions are not driven by concern for their hostages.

Israel accidentally killing the hostages Hamas kidnapped while they are in war with them is irrelevant to the fact that Hamas could stop the massacre by releasing the hostages. Thanks.
bearister
Genocide Joe said:

bearister said:

No hysteria this time. No one is making you get the spike or wear the mask. You chose your own route. Everyone takes the precautions they want…or none at all. Dr. Ashish Jha and
Dr. Robert Wachter don't seem unreasonable or panicky.

Is there a fact presentation of the current Covid situation that is "the accurate version" that you can link? Maybe Dr. Ladapo has written one.

* tRump is one of those fat old people that should exercise caution if he wants to live to his swearing in. We almost lost the poor old boy last time around.
sycasey
Cal88 said:

sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

The competition:
Andrew Fauci

https://jacobin.com/2023/11/us-weapons-shipments-biden-administration-war-crimes-civilian-deaths-gaza

First off, I'll be clear that I do not support the way Israel is waging this war and agree that the US should curtail aid unless certain conditions are met. That said . . .

Military assistance to Israel is approved by Congress, not Joe Biden alone. Israel is also going to make its own choices, which are not all on him. Biden does not control everything. The same would be true if Trump were president.

Going back to an earlier point, though: I'd like you to explain how the Palestinian Arabs are the "indigenous" people of that land and Jews are not.
movielover
Cal88 said:

sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

The competition:
Andrew Fauci

sycasey - Biden's policies directly fund Iran with tens of Billions of dollars, the Mothers Milk of terrorism
& war.

I. WSJ: Biden Keeps the Billions Flowing to Iran
Choosing not to enforce oil sanctions finances Tehran's terrorism.

"Iran exported nearly 1.4 million barrels of oil per day in October, sustaining its average for 2023. This is up 80% from the 775,000 barrels per day Iran averaged under the Trump Administration's "maximum pressure" strategy, according to United Against Nuclear Iran, the group of former U.S. Ambassador Mark Wallace and Sen. Joe Lieberman, whose Tanker Tracker generates the best public data we have.

II. The Biden Administration [Obama / Jarrett?] released over $6 Billion - some say $10 Billion - to Iran, the big Daddy sponsor to proxy terrorist groups like Hamas. Funds unfrozen, Israel attacked.

III. FDD: BIDEN ENRICHED IRAN BY MORE THAN $50 BILLION. HERE'S HOW TO TURN OFF THE SPIGOT

The folly of Team Biden's relentless Iran appeasement has been revealed by the Hamas attacks. It's clear that an anti-Hamas, pro-Iran policy cannot coexist."

https://www.fdd.org/analysis/2023/10/17/biden-enriched-iran-by-more-than-50-billion-heres-how-to-turn-off-the-spigot/

Conclusion: Orange Man had far better policies

dajo9
The geniuses of the Internet Brands c-suite humiliated themselves with a threatening video demanding their workers return to the office complete with cheery music and dancing workers. I guess they have pulled down the video after the backlash. Would you trust this company with your brand?

Office workers work from home because we can and still be successful for our companies and ourselves. The c-suite geniuses seem to have left the employee benefit part of the equation out of the video. We are ALWAYS negotiating. You'd think people in those positions would know that.
https://www.threads.net/@jordanreviewsittt/post/C1_KIWIOYYy/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==
MAGA
TheFiatLux
Genocide Joe said:

bearister said:

They are addicted to it.
sycasey
dajo9 said:

The geniuses of the Internet Brands c-suite humiliated themselves with a threatening video demanding their workers return to the office complete with cheery music and dancing workers. I guess they have pulled down the video after the backlash. Would you trust this company with your brand?

Office workers work from home because we can and still be successful for our companies and ourselves. The c-suite geniuses seem to have left the employee benefit part of the equation out of the video. We are ALWAYS negotiating. You'd think people in those positions would know that.
https://www.threads.net/@jordanreviewsittt/post/C1_KIWIOYYy/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

This mirrors a lot of what I heard while working for a big tech company.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cydx1zjLcNM/?igsh=ZWI2YzEzYmMxYg==
sycasey
movielover said:

Cal88 said:

sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

The competition:
Andrew Fauci

sycasey - Biden's policies directly fund Iran with tens of Billions of dollars, the Mothers Milk of terrorism
& war.

I. WSJ: Biden Keeps the Billions Flowing to Iran
Choosing not to enforce oil sanctions finances Tehran's terrorism.

"Iran exported nearly 1.4 million barrels of oil per day in October, sustaining its average for 2023. This is up 80% from the 775,000 barrels per day Iran averaged under the Trump Administration's "maximum pressure" strategy, according to United Against Nuclear Iran, the group of former U.S. Ambassador Mark Wallace and Sen. Joe Lieberman, whose Tanker Tracker generates the best public data we have.

II. The Biden Administration [Obama / Jarrett?] released over $6 Billion - some say $10 Billion - to Iran, the big Daddy sponsor to proxy terrorist groups like Hamas. Funds unfrozen, Israel attacked.

III. FDD: BIDEN ENRICHED IRAN BY MORE THAN $50 BILLION. HERE'S HOW TO TURN OFF THE SPIGOT

The folly of Team Biden's relentless Iran appeasement has been revealed by the Hamas attacks. It's clear that an anti-Hamas, pro-Iran policy cannot coexist."

https://www.fdd.org/analysis/2023/10/17/biden-enriched-iran-by-more-than-50-billion-heres-how-to-turn-off-the-spigot/

Conclusion: Orange Man had far better policies

So Biden is supporting Israel AND Iran? This is some major three-dimensional chess here.
dajo9
sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

This mirrors a lot of what I heard while working for a big tech company.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cydx1zjLcNM/?igsh=ZWI2YzEzYmMxYg==

AI is coming for our jobs regardless of work from home. AI isn't a threat against work from home - its a threat against work. Period.

I don't presume to know how it will shake out with AI. That is for future generations to figure out. I will be ready for retirement when AI comes for my job. #NotAfraid
MAGA
First Page Last Page
Page 123 of 153

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.