Vaccine Redux - Vax up and go to Class

437,879 Views | 5100 Replies | Last: 18 min ago by oski003
TheFiatLux
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

TheFiatLux said:

oski003 said:

TheFiatLux said:

Zippergate said:

It was funny when I typed it... to me anyway. Ah well, it gives me an excuse to grumble that comedy is dead.
I got it.

I got it too. He needs to understand his audience better. EOB has a tendency to not comprehend posters he disagrees with.
He's not a very pleasant person online.
The feeling is mutual.

Funny how you started posting to Off Topic and then began demanding that everyone on BI be forced to reveal their names and other personal information. I wonder why you went there? The timing is interesting.
I don't appreciate you lying about what I've posted, but in so doing so you prove my point. I of course haven't demanded anything; I raised a point for discussion.

Unlike you, I don't hide behind anonymity. And you would be hard-pressed to find the personal animus and disparaging ad hominen comments you so frequently employ.
Zippergate
Hey, let's dial this back and not make it personal.
Back on topic...

I wonder how much basketball he played. Sorry, scratch that.
Zippergate

Pfaccinated. RIP
Haloski
I was previously pretty certain that it wasn't the case, but I'm now convinced that the vaccines are the only explanation for increases in cardiac arrest.

I came across this from 2021, which is indicative of a pretty indisputable increase in connection with vaccines:

"In New York City, the incidence of OHCA attended by EMS (March 1-April 25, 2021) increased 3-fold, compared with the same period a year earlier."

Note that this is right after vaccination started.
Cal88
New observational study confirms that boosters don't work for those who already have had covid:

smh
> Note that this is right after vaccination started.

not a doctor, nor plays one at home, just enthusiastically vac'd and boosted to the nines, but COVID could also be the cause.
Zippergate
Thanks for helping to prolong the pandemic.

https://substack.com/inbox/post/140881506

IgG4 refers to a special rare subclass of antibodies instructing our immune system to ignore a pathogen rather than fight it. We learned that repeat COVID vaccinations cause immune tolerance in boosted people, which makes them less able to fend off repeat infections.
An interesting new preprint study confirms that suggestion. It compared the immune outcomes of three injections with mRNA vaccines against the effects of three injections of a protein-based vaccine called Novavax.
You can see that, compared to Novavax, mRNA vaccines result in IgG4 levels that are HUNDREDS OF TIMES greater
Study authors explain:
Quote:

Increased concentrations of IgG4 have been associated with immunosuppression and poor clinical outcomes of COVID-19, and while generally regarded as anti-inflammatory, may contribute to some autoimmune disorders and inflammatory IgG4- related diseases. Following repeated mRNA vaccination, IgG4 was observed to increase from 0.04% of total SARS-CoV-2 spikespecific IgG after two doses to 19.27% after three doses.
Approximately a year after billions were vaccinated, mRNA-vaccinated people started getting infected and reinfected a lot more than the unvaccinated people! A study done on 50,000 health workers in Cleveland shows this

smh
Zippergate said:

Thanks for helping to prolong the pandemic.. .. ..
you're welcome Z. anyways, the rest went way over my medicare-loving head
# seniors R us / not dead yet
Haloski
Haloski said:

I was previously pretty certain that it wasn't the case, but I'm now convinced that the vaccines are the only explanation for increases in cardiac arrest.

I came across this from 2021, which is indicative of a pretty indisputable increase in connection with vaccines:

"In New York City, the incidence of OHCA attended by EMS (March 1-April 25, 2021) increased 3-fold, compared with the same period a year earlier."

Oh, man. Would you look at that? I made an oopsie typo. This was supposed to say 2020. My bad. There must have been something happening different in New York capable of causing an increase in heart attacks at that time. It can't be the vaccine, obviously. What else could it be? Wait, I know: somebody brought the vaccine back with a Time Machine!

I completely understand if the three of you that liked and starred my original post want to walk this one back. I am so sorry for my clumsiness. Everyone: back to your noble, level-headed, comprehensive and well-considered analysis of all the possible inputs that may be conspiring to create current issues we're facing as a species in terms of public health.

Carry on, everyone!
oski003
Haloski said:

Haloski said:

Oh, man. Would you look at that? I made an oopsie typo. This was supposed to say 2020. My bad. There must have been something happening different in New York capable of causing an increase in heart attacks at that time. It can't be the vaccine, obviously. What else could it be? Wait, I know: somebody brought the vaccine back with a Time Machine!

I completely understand if the three of you that liked and starred my original post want to walk this one back. I am so sorry for my clumsiness. Everyone: back to your noble, level-headed, comprehensive and well-considered analysis of all the possible inputs that may be conspiring to create current issues we're facing as a species in terms of public health.

Carry on, everyone!

Your statistic is of a time period of less than two months, when Covid ravaged New York. Of course there would be three times more EMS for cardiac. That period was awful. I am surprised it isn't ten times.

Your gotcha isn't much of a gotcha. You lied about something and a few folks agreed with it. Whoopity Doo!
Haloski
oski003 said:

Haloski said:

Haloski said:

Carry on, everyone!

Your statistic is of a time period of less than two months, when Covid ravaged New York. Of course there would be three times more EMS for cardiac. That period was awful. I am surprised it isn't ten times.

Your gotcha isn't much of a gotcha. You lied about something and a few folks agreed with it. Whoopity Doo!

lol, ok guy.

I gotcha.

Anyway, carry on your virtuous campaign!
Zippergate

Even if that had explanatory power for a two month period during the peak of Covid at a time in NYC when panic reigned and hospitals were literally treating people to death, how does that explain the continuing circulatory system-related sudden deaths long after Covid ceased to be a critical issue? I think I like the basketball explanation better.

dajo9
Cluelessness from the C-Suite is nothing new but on the issue of how work has changed since Covid hysteria, they keep stepping in it. Here is another CEO furiously backpedaling after taking on the idea of remote work.
https://www.threads.net/@cmarkham413/post/C2aJHFmuTF6/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==
We are not going back
Zippergate

Dr. Vinay Prasad was supportive of the vaccine campaign early on. He has since changed his tune.
If boosters provide no benefit for people who have had Covid, why do the FDA and CDC still recommend them for nearly everyone?

https://substack.com/inbox/post/140911615

"Finally, the authors put their results in context, "Similarly, data from Qatar suggest that natural immunity confers a very strong protection against severe COVID-19 with no evidence of waning immunity, a conclusion that is supported by a systematic re-view and meta-analyses"...
"And in my words: the US FDA and CDC are engaging in a reckless public health campaign to boost people even babies, children and young men who already had COVID. They have no good data that this makes those kids better off, or anyone else. Boosting someone who had infection is already implausible.

These data despite a bias to find a false benefit find no benefit. FDA and CDC officials should consider resignation if they cannot regulate in accordance with evidence based medicine. Pfizer has 100 billion reasons to run randomized trials, and FDA must demand those studies.'"

Zippergate
I wonder who gets to decide what is "minimal risk"?

movielover
I was unaware the first antiviral was approved by the FDA ... from... Pfizer!! Paxlovid.

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/13-things-to-know-paxlovid-covid-19

Treatment cost: $1400.
oski003
movielover said:

I was unaware the first antiviral was approved by the FDA ... from... Pfizer!! Paxlovid.

My wife often gets requests from patients for Paxlovid prescriptions prior to them flying or going on a cruise. The patients don't care because insurance covers that large cost, and Pfizer makes $$$.
movielover
oski003 said:

movielover said:

My wife often gets requests from patients for Paxlovid prescriptions prior to them flying or going on a cruise. The patients don't care because insurance covers that large cost, and Pfizer makes $$$.

Two years ago a friend asked his doctor in Sacramento for a prescription for Ivermectin and was denied.
AunBear89
That's how doctors work. The doctor writes the prescription, not the patient. Clearly your friend's doctor didn't think it was necessary.

Besides, your friend, obviously feeling qualified to make such decisions (probably did own research)), could easily go to the local seed and feed and get the livestock stuff.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Cal88
AunBear89 said:

That's how doctors work. The doctor writes the prescription, not the patient. Clearly your friend's doctor didn't think it was necessary.

Besides, your friend, obviously feeling qualified to make such decisions (probably did own research)), could easily go to the local seed and feed and get the livestock stuff.

In many countries in Europe, hydroxychloroquine was sold over the counter for travelers going to Africa and other tropical regions. Until covid, when the drug was pulled and its prescription became illegal, under threat of doctors or pharmacists losing their licenses and being legally prosecuted.

Ivermectin has been around for decades, with tens of billions of doses administered to humans. Its safety profile is better than Tylenol, and countries with high rates of ivermectin usage have had covid death rates 30 times lower than in the US.
Big C
AunBear89 said:

Yes, but the reason his friend's doctor didn't think it was necessary -- obviously -- was because he's a liberal!
movielover
Nobel-prize winning Ivermectin helped Africa and other areas beat Covid. It was being used to fight river blindness, and some consider it a miracle. It's now being studied to fight cancer.

Ivermectin: a multifaceted drug of Nobel prize-honoured distinction with indicated efficacy against a new global scourge, COVID-19

A D Santin et al. New Microbes New Infect. 2021.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34466270/

Lets Go Brandon 3

oski003
Genocide Joe said:

+1000 . It is ridiculous.
movielover
The magic juice again.

smh
https://www.mercurynews.com/2024/02/01/latest-covid-19-vaccine-offers-strong-protection-against-symptomatic-infection-including-from-jn-1-early-cdc-data-shows/?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_content=tw-mercnews&utm_medium=social

feb 1st title: Latest Covid-19 vaccine offers strong protection against symptomatic infection, including from JN.1, early CDC data shows

> Updated Covid-19 vaccines provided 54% protection against symptomatic infection among immunocompetent adults who were recently vaccinated compared with those who did not receive an updated vaccine, a new report says. (Brian Snyder/Reuters via CNN)

> A shot of the latest Covid-19 vaccine can help cut the chances of getting a symptomatic infection by half, early data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests.
>
> Vaccine manufacturers updated their formulations to target the Omicron variant XBB.1.5, which was the predominant circulating strain for much of 2023. But the new CDC data shows that the latest vaccines are similarly effective against JN.1, which has been causing most Covid-19 infections in the United States since late December.

signed, fully vaccinated in cupertino
muting 301 handles, turnaround is fair play
TheFiatLux
smh said:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2024/02/01/latest-covid-19-vaccine-offers-strong-protection-against-symptomatic-infection-including-from-jn-1-early-cdc-data-shows/?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_content=tw-mercnews&utm_medium=social

feb 1st title: Latest Covid-19 vaccine offers strong protection against symptomatic infection, including from JN.1, early CDC data shows

> Updated Covid-19 vaccines provided 54% protection against symptomatic infection among immunocompetent adults who were recently vaccinated compared with those who did not receive an updated vaccine, a new report says. (Brian Snyder/Reuters via CNN)

> A shot of the latest Covid-19 vaccine can help cut the chances of getting a symptomatic infection by half, early data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests.
>
> Vaccine manufacturers updated their formulations to target the Omicron variant XBB.1.5, which was the predominant circulating strain for much of 2023. But the new CDC data shows that the latest vaccines are similarly effective against JN.1, which has been causing most Covid-19 infections in the United States since late December.

signed, fully vaccinated in cupertino
Hey SMH, by fully vaccinated that means you've had all the boosters too? So how many shots have you had?
smh
> Hey SMH, by fully vaccinated that means you've had all the boosters too? So how many shots have you had?

yep, six freebies, most recently a few months ago.
signed, a few months younger than "leave it to beaver" Cal alum jerry mathers..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Mathers

TheFiatLux
smh said:

> Hey SMH, by fully vaccinated that means you've had all the boosters too? So how many shots have you had?

signed, a few months younger than "leave it to beaver" Cal alum gary mathers..

I wish we were having this conversation over a coffee in person, because I'm not being argumentative or "gotcha." But that you were lied to about the vaccines early on (among many other lies) did that not cause you pause or make you angry.

EDIT: I LOVED Leave it to Beaver (only in reruns in the 70s/80s of course :-)
dajo9
TheFiatLux said:

smh said:

I wish we were having this conversation over a coffee in person, because I'm not being argumentative or "gotcha." But that you were lied to about the vaccines early on (among many other lies) did that not cause you pause or make you angry.

Personally, I'm kind of numb to Traitor Trump lying to me
https://apnews.com/article/feds-pfizer-coronavirus-vaccine-doses-bb5cb23e49aa72ba9cf11b80f1c40b05
TheFiatLux
dajo9 said:

TheFiatLux said:

smh said:

Personally, I'm kind of numb to Traitor Trump lying to me
https://apnews.com/article/feds-pfizer-coronavirus-vaccine-doses-bb5cb23e49aa72ba9cf11b80f1c40b05
Oh dude, I was trying to be serious with you. I guess that's not possible. Never mind.
bearister
It will be interesting when years from now when UCSF, Stanford Medical School, Harvard Medical School, Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic, Johns Hopkins, University of Michigan, University of Pennsylvania, UCLA Medical Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Toronto General, and every major medical center in Europe will have nowhere to hide and have to come clean that they knowingly put the public in danger with false Covid vaccine information, because they were in a conspiracy with the pharmaceutical industry that was purely profit driven.

They will also be forced to admit that men like Dr. Ladapo, Surgeon General of Florida, was a sage that had it right all along.

Mose Allison, Jazz sage.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
smh
> I wish we were having this conversation over a coffee in person..

thanks but no thanks. our beliefs are both hardened and, even masked, i minimize contact with the unvaccinated.

bearister
I'd have the discussion with you over several pints of Guinness….and I have had more pr@icks in me than the Porsche dealership in Santa Clara.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
smh
bearister said:

I'd have the discussion with you over several pints of Guinness…
you're funny, congrats, but of necessity i've been on the wagon for more than a decade, and don't get out much
First Page Last Page
Page 126 of 146

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.