Vaccine Redux - Vax up and go to Class

493,119 Views | 5310 Replies | Last: 23 hrs ago by Zippergate
Zippergate
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big C said:

It's all about politics.
Sadly, yes it is.
bearister
Zippergate said:

Big C said:

It's all about politics.
Sadly, yes it is.

…and every time the Right tests their non fact based allegations in a venue where facts and evidence matter (I.e. the courtroom), they lose….and that is why tRump POTUS REDUX has to eliminate the judicial system.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Zippergate
Congrats on winning.
Zippergate
As a father of a son who has struggled mightily with ADD, this comment hits home. But we KNOW that vaccines don't cause any of these issues. We know vaccinated children are healthier because...SCIENCE.

Cuing Bearister to post a link to a study comparing the health outcomes of vaccinated versus unvaccinated children. Surely he can find a study somewhere making this kind of comparison.

Dr. Paul Thomas shares a comparison of health statistics between children who received childhood vaccines and those who were #Unvaccinated. The data, collected from his own clinic, reveals some astonishing results : "I gathered information from 2,700+ vaccinated children and 500+ unvaccinated children in MY OWN CLINIC. The findings are remarkable: asthma, allergic rhinitis, eczema, sinusitis, gastroenteritis, respiratory infections, behavioral issues, ADD, ADHD, conjunctivitis, and breathing issues are all SIGNIFICANTLY WORSE in the #Vaccinated children. Wait a minute, I thought that vaccines were supposed to prevent infections. What's going on here?" Also, he shares an eye-opening observation: "In my 10 years of practice, I have had ZERO kids with ADHD that were unvaccinated! That's UNBELIEVABLE, folks!" - Do you know that NO AMISH person has ever been diagnosed with ADD or ADHD? What do the Amish and unvaccinated children have in common? Wouldn't it be beneficial to further understand the potential implications on the health of children who receive childhood vaccines? It seems like a NO-BRAINER to me
Lets Go Brandon 9
bearister said:

Zippergate said:

Big C said:

It's all about politics.
Sadly, yes it is.

…and every time the Right tests their non fact based allegations in a venue where facts and evidence matter (I.e. the courtroom), they lose….and that is why tRump POTUS REDUX has to eliminate the judicial system.
Remind me again which group it was that got their asses kicked at the Supreme Court 9-0
https://media.tenor.com/uARaKFpSkaMAAAAC/anger-management-jack-nicholson.gif
bearister
Palestinian Chicken said:

bearister said:

Zippergate said:

Big C said:

It's all about politics.
Sadly, yes it is.

Remind me again which group it was that got their asses kicked at the Supreme Court 9-0

You are not dunking on me here. I never advocated for keeping tRump off the ballot. I agreed with Newsom that it was a loser :
https://bearinsider.com/forums/6/topics/118841/replies/2310349

bear2034
Big C said:

Zippergate said:

Here's a thought experiment. What if Trump won the 2020 election and like Biden went all in on the Covid vaccines that he loves to take credit for to this day. Everything else remains the same. What would be the reaction from the Left to the vaccine mandates, ivermectin, lockdowns, etc? I think some would be whistling a very different tune.

Great point! If Biden had recommended the possibility of ingesting disinfectant to fight COVID, I'd be huggin' my Clorox bottle. If Trump had suggested I wear a mask, I'd tell him to stick that face diaper where the sun don't shine. If Biden had told me to go to the Capitol and "fight like hell", I woulda been there, crackin' skulls. If Trump were 81, I'd refer to him as "the wise old owl".

It's all about politics.

If you like the Covid vaccines, you have to know that it was Trump that brought you the Covid vaccines while the Democrats were on video saying they won't take it.

Democrats were the original anti-vaxxers.

And then in 2021 they turned into vaccine Nazis.
movielover
FDA historic spanking.

Zippergate
So I guess everyone who shared that tweet to disparage ivermectin is a misinformation spreader.
Zippergate
Crazy talk from a crazy man. We don't question these kinds of things. They are axiomatic.

movielover
I used to think this was crazy talk. Maybe it would be healthier to winnow down the vaxxs?

The Amish I surmise don't have TV, Smartphones, and other electronics. And they have... Fathers. Hands-on work, trades. Real food.
Zippergate
Same here. I'm not saying we should cut the number of vaccinations and neither did RFK Jr in that quote. The point is, young people have serious health problems in this country and no one seems to be the least bit curious or concerned as to why. These issues need to be studied by independent, unconflicted experts leaving no stone unturned. Clearly, the current leadership of the CDC, FDC etc are incapable of supervising this endeavor.

https://www.statista.com/chart/29630/identified-prevalence-of-autism-spectrum-disorder-in-the-us/
Big C

Zippergate, I appreciate you sharing your personal story. My son was diagnosed with ADHD (primarily "inattentive type", but also mild "hyperactive type" and "impulsive type") seven years ago, when he was in the 2nd grade. He hasn't done meds, but that always remains an option. He wants to do well in school (and does, largely), but underperforms compared to if he could focus better.

I am fairly well versed on the topic (especially as a teacher, recently retired) and I'm sure you are, as well. Hang in there.
TheFiatLux
movielover said:

FDA historic spanking.

They should actually be forced to leave up all their disinformation, with it flagged, so people can always see the lies they told. Never forget.
Zippergate
Sorry to hear of your son's struggles. My son was in 3rd grade when it really became obvious and he was diagnosed with the inattentive type. He was a bright boy who went from breezing through everything to having trouble with everything. He fell further and further behind his former peers. We tried various non-pharmaceutical therapies without success. He had a 504 plan but was very reluctant to take advantage of it due to the stigma of needing special help. Reluctantly, we eventually tried concerta and that seemed to help, but the benefit lessened over time and he was ambivalent about taking it so we stopped it.

He's now in his 4th year at a Cal State and doing reasonably well, but productive study is a constant struggle and it has really affected his self-esteem. He'll be okay and blessed in many ways, but I do wonder what could have been. They say you're only as happy as your least happy child.
82gradDLSdad
Big C said:

Zippergate, I appreciate you sharing your personal story. My son was diagnosed with ADHD (primarily "inattentive type", but also mild "hyperactive type" and "impulsive type") seven years ago, when he was in the 2nd grade. He hasn't done meds, but that always remains an option. He wants to do well in school (and does, largely), but underperforms compared to if he could focus better.

I am fairly well versed on the topic (especially as a teacher, recently retired) and I'm sure you are, as well. Hang in there.

Here is an anecdotal piece of data on this. I watch the All In podcast. One member of this pod is billionaire Chamath Palihapitiya. One of his children was diagnosed with ADHD and not doing great in school. Before starting drugs he took away all access to devices and social media. He himself has removed all apps having to do with social media. (Ironic since he made most of his fortune being an early high level employee at Facebook). His child's grades went up to A level almost immediately and most signs of the ADHD went away. My own brain gets a bit overwhelmed with all the information on my phone. I'm sure you've all looked into this much more than I. I feel very fortunate that my kids are both 38 and missed the device craze in their formative years. I don't relish the thought of having to be the bad guy taking all the devices away but I think that's what I would do. I wish you nothing but good luck.
Zippergate
There is definitely something to that. Psychs will tell you that ADD/ADHD kids do not have trouble focusing on the games. Non-stop dopamine hits. Very tough to compete with them.
movielover
A teenager close to me was addicted 24 / 7 to social media. Scored in the top 5% of standardized rest (ACT). Struggled to complete basic assignments. Parents both have advanced degrees, Father a lifetime stoner.

When her phone was taken away, she actually went through convulsions at one point and was talking to herself. That subsided, and she started to actively engage w the family. She then won stoner Dad over, who we also found out was supplying her with high potency pot, and got her phone back. She squeeked out of HS with social promotion and has struggled to even complete social justice classes at the JC level.

I know at least 5 young people overwhelmingly addicted to electronics.
82gradDLSdad
movielover said:

A teenager close to me was addicted 24 / 7 to social media. Scored in the top 5% of standardized rest (ACT). Struggled to complete basic assignments. Parents both have advanced degrees, Father a lifetime stoner.

When her phone was taken away, she actually went through convulsions at one point and was talking to herself. That subsided, and she started to actively engage w the family. She then won stoner Dad over, who we also found out was supplying her with high potency pot, and got her phone back. She squeeked out of HS with social promotion and has struggled to even complete social justice classes at the JC level.

I know at least 5 young people overwhelmingly addicted to electronics.

Since no one was ever able to tell me what caused my one and only blackout seizure (surrounded by mini seizures over the course of 1 to a few years) I often wonder if over use of the phone played a role. I'll never know if it was heavy doses of anesthesia for two surgeries in 2020, radiation for cancer treatment in 2020, COVID vaccines or phone...or all of them...or none of them. I do know that I feel a bit overwhelmed at times and I'm retired with very little going on. The overwhelming feeling has not been enough to get me to put the phone down. I actually learn a lot by reading the phone and I do have large amounts of time when I'm not on it. Who knows.
Zippergate
Impressive compilation of articles showing Increased heart attacks are due to heat, cold, rain, heavy metal music, too much toilet time, troubled relationships, too little exercise, not enough exercise, gluten-free diets, stress, etc etc etc....but not the vaxxines.

Interesting that the updated all cause mortality rate in the initial, large scale Pfizer trial was 37% higher in the vaccine group than in the control group. I repeat, the group receiving the vaccines had 37% more deaths than those who got the placebo. If we are all about the science, shouldn't the vaccines, which are scientifically proven to cause cardiac events, be pulled from the market?

https://www.2ndsmartestguyintheworld.com/p/the-list-of-reasons-for-increased?r=aiop6&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web

"In the initial study of the Pfizer vaccine, published in the New England Journal of Medicine, with around 44 thousand people, with 22 thousand in the placebo group and about 22 thousand in the vaccine group, more people died from all causes in the vaccine arm than in the placebo arm. Initially, it was 15 to 14. Shortly after, when updating this number at the FDA, the US regulatory agency, the number changed to 21 to 17. Now, without any surprise, in the most recent update, it's already 22 to 16.
"Most importantly, we found evidence of an over 3.7-fold increase in number of deaths due to cardiac events in the BNT162b2 vaccinated individuals compared to those who received only the placebo." wrote the scientists in the latest update.
After the mass application of the product, an excess of population mortality was recorded. In The Lancet, the world's most impactful scientific journal, they analyzed UK data: a 7.2% excess in 2022 and an 8.6% excess in 2023. The highlight? Cardiovascular diseases. The comparison is with the 5 previous years.
And do you know what is the most interesting thing in this Lancet analysis? It's the increase in deaths at home, that is, sudden deaths. There wasn't even time to go to the hospital. There's an impressive 22% increase.

movielover
bearister
Big C
movielover said:

Who am I to debate The Vigilant Fox, but if I were looking at the Amish, I'd be considering their lifestyle: diet, exercise and lack of time online.
movielover
Why not both?
movielover
movielover
Cal88
Big C said:

movielover said:

Who am I to debate The Vigilant Fox, but if I were looking at the Amish, I'd be considering their lifestyle: diet, exercise and lack of time online.

Autism rates have gone up almost 1,000 fold in the last few decades. The explosive growth started well before smart phones, and it's not like people weren't eating fast food or the food was much better back then.

The current rate is 1 child in 35.

Zippergate
Zippergate

Big C
movielover said:

Why not both?

an idea for thee, but not for me
Big C
Cal88 said:

Big C said:

movielover said:

Autism rates have gone up almost 1,000 fold in the last few decades. The explosive growth started well before smart phones, and it's not like people weren't eating fast food or the food was much better back then.

"Autism" is being diagnosed more now because parents are clamoring for reasons why kids don't embody everything we want them to be. Maybe try throwing away the screens and then accepting that all kids are different. (not saying that autism isn't a thing, but just about everybody's "on the spectrum" for something)

EDIT: I gotta walk back the above post a bit, because from the tone of it, it sounded unsympathetic to those who are autistic (and their parents). "Throwing away the screens" isn't going to be a panacea for autism. But my general point stands: Autism, ADHD, intelligence... they're all on a spectrum and people come in all shapes and sizes.
movielover
We used to have shop, drafting, auto mechanics... our feminized schools often dropped those.

In the East Bay I read one woman teacher is bringing back these classes, bringing in woodworkers, craftsmen. In Germany kids with nechanical talents are trained to work at BNW ... we're probably caught up in not wanting to "track" and send everyone to college to study social justice
Cal88
Big C said:

Cal88 said:

Big C said:

movielover said:

"Autism" is being diagnosed more now because parents are clamoring for reasons why kids don't embody everything we want them to be. Maybe try throwing away the screens and then accepting that all kids are different. (not saying that autism isn't a thing, but just about everybody's "on the spectrum" for something)

"Overdiagnosis" might explain a doubling, tripling or even a tenfold growth in autism, but not a 10,000% + change from the 1970s.
82gradDLSdad
I've known that my 'out of the blue' seizures at 60 could have been caused by the COVID vaccines. But in our modern day life there are many other possibilities too. What are you going to do? Stop taking all my meds? Stop looking at my phone? Grow and eat my own food? Undo my 30 year programming career where I sat and stared at various computer screens? Where a mask outside and filter the air in my house? These are multifaceted issues and throwing around facts with supposed causes is disingenuous. I fell off the RFK Jr. train early because he was quick to do that.
#mytwocents
bear2034
Sucks to hear, I have family members battling things as well. Best wishes to your health.
First Page Last Page
Page 134 of 152

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.