Vaccine Redux - Vax up and go to Class

492,868 Views | 5310 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by Zippergate
AunBear89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm not at all interested in working for anyone's campaign, but do you have a more reputable source than your anti-vax bullshlt?
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
TheFiatLux
AunBear89 said:

I'm not at all interested in working for anyone's campaign, but do you have a more reputable source than your anti-vax bullshlt?
It's on her official campaign jobs site...

AunBear89
Thank you. That's dumb. And unnecessary. Seems like virtue signaling.

I'd still vote for a jug of expired milk over Trump.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
oski003
AunBear89 said:

Thank you. That's dumb. And unnecessary. Seems like virtue signaling.

I'd still vote for a jug of expired milk over Trump.

Kudos for acknowledging your knee jerk TDS outrage was unjustified here. Hopefully, you will be more informed in the future instead of baselessly talking down to others.
AunBear89
"TDS"?!? What the actual fu c k are you talking about, you blitheringly stupid syphilitic moron?

Nothing I have posted in this recent exchange has anything to do with Trump. Take Trump's c o ck out of your mouth and quit assuming everyone is picking on him.

Geez us - how stupid can a moron conservative get? 003 stupid.
oski003
AunBear89 said:

"TDS"?!? What the actual fu c k are you talking about, you blitheringly stupid syphilitic moron?

Nothing I have posted in this recent exchange has anything to do with Trump. Take Trump's c o ck out of your mouth and quit assuming everyone is picking on him.

Geez us - how stupid can a moron conservative get? 003 stupid.

Kudos for acknowledging your knee jerk criticism of non-worshippers of the covid vax was unjustified here, as is often your TDS caused knee jerk criticism all over the OT board. Hopefully, you will be more informed in the future instead of baselessly talking down to others.

It is adorable how you can't resist cussing on the board. My 8 year old and you might have the same maturity level.
Zippergate
Boosting at this point is clearly a political statement--a pinch of incense for Caesar--not a medical decision. I'm not aware of ANY clinical evidence that the boosters provided any benefit whatsoever; they weren't even tested for it. But hey, my body my choice, right? What angers me is when these people offer up our children to Big Pharma. The new priests of Baal are all too happy to accommodate them. Our system is sick. Rotten to the very core.
AunBear89
I guarantee your 8 year old is smarter than his dad.
oski003
AunBear89 said:

Which makes you a condescending moron. Thanks for confirming that. My son is smart, but he is only eight years old.
AunBear89
oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

Which makes you a condescending moron. Thanks for confirming that. My son is smart, but he is only eight years old.

And you are dumb and older than eight years old. What's your point?
oski003
AunBear89 said:

oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

And you are dumb and older than eight years old. What's your point?

Do you have anything of substance to post here besides childish insults. It gets old. Are you the self-appointed minister of disinformation?
AunBear89
Do you have anything of substance to post here besides childish insults. It gets old. Are you the self-appointed minister of disinformation?
oski003
AunBear89 said:

Most of my posts are substantive and often are followed by your non substantive insults. Thanks
AunBear89
oski003 said:

Most of my posts are substantive

Big C
Zippergate said:

Boosting at this point is clearly a political statement--a pinch of incense for Caesar--not a medical decision. I'm not aware of ANY clinical evidence that the boosters provided any benefit whatsoever; they weren't even tested for it. But hey, my body my choice, right? What angers me is when these people offer up our children to Big Pharma. The new priests of Baal are all too happy to accommodate them. Our system is sick. Rotten to the very core.

I know a number of people who have gotten COVID this summer... and it was "no big deal" for any of them. I think I will get the next booster if I somehow become convinced that the current COVID has mutated quite a bit from the 2023 version... and is virulent. Otherwise, no need.
Zippergate
Very interesting article. To the people who say the jabs saved millions of lives, how do you explain these charts?

https://kirschsubstack.com/p/more-evidence-that-the-covid-shots?r=aiop6&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web

The CFR doesn't drop consistently below the pre-vaccine CFR (.012 in December 2020) until the Omicron variant emerges! That means the vaccines didn't reduce the CFR which means they don't prevent deaths. The shots basically had no impact.

Try this on your friends. Show them the plot above, hide the dates, and ask them, "When did the COVID shots roll out and dramatically reduce the CFR?"
bearister
Good article in Vanity Fair about RFK Jr, that has some discussion regarding the origins of his anti vax stance.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
dajo9
oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

Most of my posts are substantive and often are followed by your non substantive insults. Thanks

Most of your posts are stupid sealion questions meant to divert the conversation
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
Zippergate
I doubt it was favorable and probably one-sided. For another viewpoint, check out the RFK Jr movie. There's a long section that describes how he became involved in advocating for victims of vaccine injury. He's the same guy loved by Democrats (and rightfully so) who went after GE to clean up the Hudson. And his vaccine injury advocacy (derided as anti-vaccine which he is not) is looking more prescient every day. Consider this piece by Aaron Siri from a month ago.

https://kourdistoportocali.com/news-desk/aaron-siri-gt-dr-stanley-plotkin-the-world-s-leading-vaccinologist-and-his-disciples-have-just-capitulated/

"It is amazing that after decades of Dr. Stanley Plotkin and his vaccinologist disciples insisting vaccines are the most well studied products on the planet, they just penned an article admitting precisely the opposite.

They just admitted vaccines are not properly studiedneither pre-licensure nor post-licensure. They admitted, for example, "prelicensure clinical trials have limited sample sizes [and] follow-up durations" and that "there are not resources earmarked for postauthorization safety studies." That is an incredible reversal. But let me provide context so nobody is fooled at what they are clearly up to: For decades, the medical community insisted vaccines are the most thoroughly studied product ever; for example, Dr. Paul Offit said, "I think we should be proud of vaccines as arguably the safest, best tested things we put in our body."
For decades, parents of vaccine injured children, vaccine injured adults, and other stakeholders contested these claims only to be shunned and attacked by the medical community and health agencies. In 2018, I had the unprecedented opportunity to depose the architect of our vaccination program and the Godfather of Vaccinology, Dr. Plotkin, and lay bare the evidence that showed what these authors are now finally admitting about the utter lack of vaccine safety trials and studies. See https://thehighwire.com/ark-videos/the-deposition-of-stanley-plotkin/.

After this deposition is made public, Dr. Plotkin goes on a tirade, making demands that FDA add "missing information on safety and efficacy" in vaccine package inserts and that CDC exclude harms from its Vaccine Information Sheets, "lobbying the Gates Foundation to support pro-vaccine organizations," working to have WHO list vaccine hesitancy as a global threat, lobbying AAP, IDSA and PIDS to "support training of witnesses" to support vaccine safety, etc. See https://icandecide.org/article/dr-stanley-plotkin-the-godfather-of-vaccines-reaction-to-being-questioned/.
The problem is, it doesn't work. It doesn't work because, at bottom, there are no proper safety studies. So, there is no safety data to add to the FDA package inserts, and hiding harms by removing them from CDC inserts doesn't make them go away. Parents and other adults don't simply stop believing what they have seen with their own eyes because CDC, WHO, the Gates Foundations, etc., won't acknowledge them, or worse, they attack them.
That brings us to the present in which Plotkin and his disciples realize they can't cast voodoo on the public. They can't hide the truth. So, their only option is to try and co-op the truth they have lied about for decades by now admitting that the studies to show vaccines are safe do not exist. But in making that admission, they conveniently fail to admit that for decades they lied, gaslit, defrauded (and I don't use that word lightly) the public by claiming that vaccines are probably the most thoroughly safety tested products on the planet and that people should rest assured, no stone on vaccine safety was left unturned. Thus, in their article just published, they pretend they never lied about vaccine safety."
TandemBear
Vaxxed the CRAP outta myself over the last month! Loving it. My immunity is BOMBER now!

Covid booster a month ago, then MMR booster last week and then the double-whammy of shingles AND flu on the same day!

Too bad the basterds wouldn't let me get RSV. Not old or frail enough yet. (But I'm workin' on it!)

Heading abroad and I don't want to miss a SINGLE pedal stroke of a two-week bike trip because of getting sick.

I'll be fully masked up in the airport & airplane. Again, why ruin a perfectly good vacation? Ain't modern medicine and epidemiology grand?

Oktoberfest anyone???

---- Brought to you by the folks who eliminated Polio. You NEVER think twice about it today. But your parents and grandparents did. They literally saw friends & relatives suffer and die. They stayed indoors; many kids were terrified of it. ALL.GONE.TODAY!!!! -----
bearister

"My buddy, TandemBear, has had more pr@icks in him than a Porsche."

Big C
TandemBear said:

Vaxxed the CRAP outta myself over the last month! Loving it. My immunity is BOMBER now!

Covid booster a month ago, then MMR booster last week and then the double-whammy of shingles AND flu on the same day!

Too bad the basterds wouldn't let me get RSV. Not old or frail enough yet. (But I'm workin' on it!)

Heading abroad and I don't want to miss a SINGLE pedal stroke of a two-week bike trip because of getting sick.

I'll be fully masked up in the airport & airplane. Again, why ruin a perfectly good vacation? Ain't modern medicine and epidemiology grand?

Oktoberfest anyone???

---- Brought to you by the folks who eliminated Polio. You NEVER think twice about it today. But your parents and grandparents did. They literally saw friends & relatives suffer and die. They stayed indoors; many kids were terrified of it. ALL.GONE.TODAY!!!! -----

How was the shingles vaccine? Everybody says for me to get it, but I keep putting it off because they say the side effects are a rhymes-with-witch... and I'm a side effects avoider, by nature.
TandemBear
It sucked. But was short-lived. Had the shot at 11:30am and by the evening I was feeling achy. By midnight I was pretty miserable. Took a few ibuprofen that definitely helped, but I didn't sleep much. By morning I was feeling much better, but still not 100%. Took 1 ibuprofen and it helped. Still wasn't feeling great by evening, but had to attend dance practice. Wasn't feeling it at all. But then after two hours of dancing and getting home I realized I felt great! So a little activity seemed to help. Oh and I also hydrated a lot the 24 hours after the shot.

All good by day 2.
DiabloWags
Big C said:

How was the shingles vaccine? Everybody says for me to get it, but I keep putting it off because they say the side effects are a rhymes-with-witch... and I'm a side effects avoider, by nature.

I've been putting it off too, but will most likely eventually get the vaccine given that there is a slight risk that after coming down with shingles and recovering . . . you have the (rare) side-effect of neuropathy, as explained to me by my PCP.
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
DiabloWags
TandemBear said:

Oktoberfest anyone???

Except when the Covid vaccine causes permanent tinnitus.
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
dajo9
Big C said:

TandemBear said:

Oktoberfest anyone???

My father chose not to get the shingles vaccine when a doctor recommended it to him. In his 80's he got shingles and never recovered. One thing led to another and over 2 painful years he slowly died. In his dying days he told everybody he knew to get the shingles vaccine.

I got it last year - was no big deal
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
Eastern Oregon Bear
Big C said:

TandemBear said:

Oktoberfest anyone???

I got the shingles vaccine 6 or so years ago then had to get it again a couple of years later when the new and improved shingles vaccine came out (60% effective vs 85% if I recall correctly). I don't recall it bring all that bad. What was bad the second time getting it, the pneumonia and a Tetanus shot all at the same time. The latter two had one arm sore the next day, then the shingles shot in the other arm took over and was sore for two or three days. I'm sure the Rite Aid pharmacist was amused that he had suckered me into doing multiple shots at once. I'm not doing that again but the shingles shot is definitely worth it.
bearister
It's a nothing burger. Do you really want to look like a leper in Ben Hur? …and that stuff can hurt like f.

Big C
dajo9 said:

Big C said:

TandemBear said:

Oktoberfest anyone???

My father chose not to get the shingles vaccine when a doctor recommended it to him. In his 80's he got shingles and never recovered. One thing led to another and over 2 painful years he slowly died. In his dying days he told everybody he knew to get the shingles vaccine.

I got it last year - was no big deal

Sorry to hear that. Maybe his story will push Diablo Wags and I to get it. Soon.
smh
well, close enough, it's soup sooon. your smileage may vary..
https://www.mercurynews.com/2024/08/22/this-years-new-covid-shot-has-been-approved-by-fda/

/****
This year's new COVID shot has been approved by FDA
The newly formulated shots will be coming soon to local pharmacies and clinics

By Harriet Blair Rowan
UPDATED: August 22, 2024 at 5:26 p.m.
This year's newly formulated COVID vaccines are expected to start shipping in the next few days after the FDA on Thursday officially approved the new shots.

"Vaccination continues to be the cornerstone of COVID-19 prevention," Dr. Peter Marks, director of the FDA's Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, said in a statement announcing that the new vaccine can be distributed to pharmacies and doctor's offices around the country.

This is the second year with an annually re-designed mRNA COVID vaccine, and many people still have questions. So we asked two local doctors, who are also COVID experts: What do we need to know about the newest COVID vaccine? Who should get it right away? Who should wait? What if I've had COVID recently?

For those planning to get the newest shot, finding the right time might feel challenging, but the main factors are your risk and whether you've had the virus or been vaccinated in the past few months.

"Timing of the vaccine is an interesting calculus that each individual has to make in consultation with their physician," said John Swartzberg, clinical professor emeritus of infectious diseases and vaccinology at UC Berkeley.

Swartzberg, 79, who was last vaccinated in the spring, plans to get the shot very soon as he is in a high-risk category because of his age. Peter Chin-Hong, a UC San Francisco professor of medicine who specializes in infectious diseases, said he is probably going to wait a little bit.

"October is kind of the sweet spot for me. It's my Goldilocks moment," Chin-Hong said. If he waits, he can get the COVID and flu shot at the same time, and his protection will last longer into the holiday season, he said, but he is also not in a high-risk group.

Many insurance companies are expected to cover the cost of the vaccine, and a federal program to cover the cost for the uninsured might be extended past this month, though details are unclear.

The FDA's announcement of the new vaccine's emergency use authorization comes as children head back to school in the middle of a persistent summer COVID wave and with respiratory virus season just around the corner.

Chin-Hong is among those who say not everyone needs to get the new shot in a hurry.

"I think the people who should run to get the vaccine is actually the minority of population, but it is a group of people who I am worried about," said Chin-Hong. Who should be first in line? "People who are older than 65 or very immune-compromised … who didn't get a vaccine in the last year. That's really the priority group," he said.
Since last year, vaccine manufacturers, including Pfizer and Moderna, have taken the approach used for the influenza vaccination, developing a new shot each year based on the strains of the virus that are spreading and causing the most severe illness.

Last year's COVID shot, approved and authorized by the FDA in early September, was updated to include a monovalent component corresponding to the XBB.1.5 variant of Omicron. This June, the FDA advised manufacturers to create the new vaccine based on the JN.1 strain and have further advised now that the preferred strain for formulating the new vaccine is the KP.2 sub-strain, one of the FLiRT variants.
While the FDA has authorized the shot for nearly everyone over 6 months old, there are some circumstances in which waiting is the best approach.

"If you got infected over the summer, you definitely don't have to run out and get it … you can wait," said Chin-Hong.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says people can wait three months after infection to get vaccinated again, because infection provides some additional immunity.

While each person's calculus might differ slightly, Swartzberg recommends the vaccine for everyone who is eligible and strongly urges high risk individuals to get one soon.

Vaccination "is a tool that's going to give us protection, not only against COVID, but against getting long COVID," Swartzberg said.

Originally Published: August 22, 2024 at 12:18 p.m.

****/
muting more than 300 handles, turnaround is fair play
bear2034

Trump promises to hire back over 8,000 troops fired under Biden & Kamala for refusing the Covid mRNA jab with backpay.
Zippergate
Sometimes a silly meme says it best. The Covid gene therapies labeled as vaccines may or may not be good prophylactics for Covid, but comparing them to the polio vaccines belies a deep misunderstanding. Wanting to believe all "vaccines" provide sterilizing immunity does not make it so, and the same goes for side effects. Your immunity may be "bomber" but not in the way you intended (see IgG4). You're racing with the Red Queen.

Haloski
bear2034 said:

Trump promises to hire back over 8,000 troops fired under Biden & Kamala for refusing the Covid mRNA jab with backpay.

Man, he's scary old. His speech is slurred. This is a quick decline, as evidenced by Biden. We can't afford to have Mr. Marblemouth in there.
TheFiatLux
Haloski said:

bear2034 said:

Man, he's scary old. His speech is slurred. This is a quick decline, as evidenced by Biden. We can't afford to have Mr. Marblemouth in there.
I went to UC Berkeley and am able to see through this kind of basic manipulation.
Haloski
TheFiatLux said:

Haloski said:

bear2034 said:

I went to UC Berkeley and am able to see through this kind of basic manipulation.

I went to UC Berkeley and am capable of making this plain-to-see assessment.
First Page Last Page
Page 149 of 152

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.