The Official Russian Invasion of Ukraine Thread

802,450 Views | 9690 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by movielover
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Zippergate said:

It's one thing to disagree. It's another to completely ignore the arguments and knock down straw men.

I push back on the arguments all the time. It doesn't matter, the same ones just keep coming back. At some point you just tune it out.
Big C
Zippergate said:

RFK JR. knocks it out the park with his commentary on the Ukraine war. I don't understand why this message is so hard for some to hear.

RFK speech - Ukraine segment

Ahhhhhhh! Somebody's choking him!!!

The reason it's so hard to hear is that RFK Jr is a freak-a-zoid whack job who sounds like he's chocking on his own swollen biceps.

Signed,
One of the Small Minority Who Sees Both Sides on the Ukraine/Russia Issue
movielover
sycasey said:

So the war is about taking territory.

A recent interview concurred again that the war is about Ukraine neutrality.

Given the Kursk NATO-led incursion, it looks like Putin may go farther.
blungld
Ukraine has to invade Russia and is totally ethically justified for anything they do because they felt threatened by Russia at their border and the ideological differences of the two countries. You always get to attack, kill, and invade if you feel uncomfortable, disagree with a neighbor, or just want to have their stuff.
Cal88
sycasey said:

The Russians offered to withdraw from Ukraine in exchange for neutrality after they had rolled into the country from all directions back in April 22. If it was about territory, they would have instead moved in more troops and kept advancing.

Even a few months ago, Putin hinted he would take a deal with the current borders frozen while it was clear that Russia had the upper hand militarily and could make further territorial gains with the main Ukrainian defensive positions under a lot of pressure.
sycasey
Cal88 said:

sycasey said:

The Russians offered to withdraw from Ukraine in exchange for neutrality

Oh yeah? They offered to leave the Donbas and Crimea?
Cal88
sycasey said:

Cal88 said:

sycasey said:

Certainly not from Crimea, why would they? Crimeans who are mostly Russians don't want to be associated with the post-Maidan Kiev regime, who cut off their water out of pure spite, dumping it in the Black Sea, crippling their agriculture industry.

Zelensky went on to mock Crimeans' lack of water on Ukrainian TV. Why do you think they would want this literal clown to rule over them?

movielover
The Russian-speaking UKR cheap transvestite comedian? He could have tended bar at Johnny Loves once a month on Sundays.
movielover
Unstated here is that Ukraine was allegedly trying to capture a nuclear power plant outside Kursk, and then reportedly use it in a trade w Russia for a NPP in Ukraine held by Russia.

Most recently they've allegedly fired projectiles at the NPP outside Kursk, which Russia has shot down.
sycasey
Cal88 said:

sycasey said:

Cal88 said:

sycasey said:

Certainly not from Crimea, why would they? Crimeans who are mostly Russians don't want to be associated with the post-Maidan Kiev regime, who cut off their water out of pure spite, dumping it in the Black Sea, crippling their agriculture industry.
So Russia intended to keep the territory it conquered. The war is about taking territory.
movielover
Obtuseness is bigley here.
sycasey
movielover said:

Obtuseness is bigley here.
It is, but not in the way you think.
bearister
The fall of Vladimir Putin is now only a matter of time

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/08/24/the-fall-of-vladimir-putin-is-now-only-a-matter-of-time/
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
blungld
bearister said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/08/24/the-fall-of-vladimir-putin-is-now-only-a-matter-of-time/
That's ridiculous. Cal88 has a meme and a graph that shows he is invincible and the war victory inevitable (in fact it already happened) and that God has blessed poor poor Russia to invade their horrible neighbor who was so audacious that they wanted autonomy and to make their own allies because Russia was scared.
Cal88
Earlier in the war, the MSM (especially from the UK) were all saying that Putin had parkinsons and was about to die from a lethal combination of cancer, AIDS, gonorrhea and a case of ingrown toenail.

That article is in the same mold. It actually does a good job in presenting the NATO gameplan: using Ukraine to try to regime change and dismember Russia.

Well it's not working, the Russians have been winning on the battlefield, and prospering at home, while Ukraine is reeling with continuing high losses in a war of attrition led by Russia. The Kursk invasion is not having the desired effect of reducing pressure on the Donbas front an increasing political strife in Russia,

in fact it is having the opposite effect on both items, Ukraine having mobilized its best troops for that offensive and the Russian public being pissed, especially given the history of the Wehrmacht rolling into Kursk a while back.
sycasey
blungld said:

bearister said:

That's ridiculous. Cal88 has a meme and a graph that shows his as invincible and the war victory inevitable and God's blessing for poor poor Russia to invade their neighbor because they were scared.

He's dead already anyway.
Cal88
sycasey said:

blungld said:

bearister said:

That's ridiculous. Cal88 has a meme and a graph that shows his as invincible and the war victory inevitable and God's blessing for poor poor Russia to invade their neighbor because they were scared.

He's dead already anyway.

Speaking of permanent departures, I hope U2Sucks is alright, I thought he might materialize now given that Ukraine got a rare W in Kursk.
blungld
Cal88 said:

Earlier in the war, the MSM (especially from the UK) were all saying that Putin had parkinsons and was about to die from a lethal combination of cancer, AIDS, gonorrhea and a case of ingrown toenail.

That article is in the same mold. It actually does a good job in presenting the NATO gameplan: using Ukraine to try to regime change and dismember Russia.

Well it's not working, the Russians have been winning on the battlefield, and prospering at home, while Ukraine is reeling with continuing high losses in a war of attrition led by Russia. The Kursk invasion is not having the desired effect of reducing pressure on the Donbas front an increasing political strife in Russia,

in fact it is having the opposite effect on both items, Ukraine having mobilized its best troops for that offensive and the Russian public being pissed, especially given the history of the Wehrmacht rolling into Kursk a while back.
Well, let's hope so! We are all rooting for Russia to win this war they started. How can you not root for Putin?
Cal88
blungld said:

Cal88 said:

Well, let's hope so! We are all rooting for Russia to win this war they started. How can you not root for Putin?

You could root for the war to stop instead of viewing it as a black and white Star Wars/Hollywood narrative, which would involve actually finding out about why it started, and how it could be stopped.
dajo9
Putin, who is dead, started the war and could stop the war today.
"The rules were that you were not going to fact check"
MAGA
Cal88
dajo9 said:

He actually can't, Ukraine has a constitutional amendment banning any negotiation with Russia, which means that they intend to keep fighting until they conquer the Donbas and Crimea, which is never going to happen. No Russian leader is ever going to abandon their Crimean Russian population.

Of course you will never mention that the war could have been stopped at the 2nd month in Istanbul if it weren't for Boris and NATO scuttling the peace treaty, or prevented from starting altogether by the Ukrainians and NATO abiding by Minsk.
sycasey
Cal88 said:

dajo9 said:

He actually can't, Ukraine has a constitutional amendment banning any negotiation with Russia, which means that they intend to keep fighting until they conquer the Donbas and Crimea, which is never going to happen. No Russian leader is ever going to abandon their Crimean Russian population.

Of course you will never mention that the war could have been stopped at the 2nd month in Istanbul if it weren't for Boris and NATO scuttling the peace treaty, or prevented from starting altogether by the Ukrainians and NATO abiding by Minsk.
Really is too bad that NATO forced that amendment into Ukraine's constitution.
blungld
Cal88 said:

blungld said:

Cal88 said:

You could root for the war to stop instead of viewing it as a black and white Star Wars/Hollywood narrative, which would involve actually finding out about why it started, and how it could be stopped.

Oh, of course that's it. My ethics and understanding of events is childish and simplistic and if I only understood with your nuanced thinking then I would get how Russia didn't invade and Ukraine must surrender. Again, even though I have told you many times I TOO WANT NO ONE ELSE TO DIE. Quit hiding behind straw men and self importance.
Cal88
Ukrainian drone strikes residential highrise building in the city of Saratov, Russia.

Cal88
blungld said:

Cal88 said:

blungld said:

Cal88 said:

Oh, of course that's it. My ethics and understanding of events is childish and simplistic and if I only understood with your nuanced thinking then I would get how Russia didn't invade snd Ukraine must surrender. Again, even though I have told you many times I TOO WANT NO ONE ELSE TO DIE. Quit hiding behind straw men and self importance.

This framework has proven to be correct:

I agree completely with Mearsheimer there, and note that he is also advocating for a policy that would have been ideal for Ukraine, and really, all parties, including the US and Russia.
movielover
Russia launched over 200 missiles and drones at Ukraine yesterday, hitting the energy sector in 15 regions.
Big C
Cal88 said:

Ukrainian drone strikes residential highrise building in the city of Saratov, Russia.

I'd like to see a few bad ass Ukranian drones (with no connection to the US/NATO) break through and hit the Kremlin and a few oligarchs' houses. That'd make them Rooskies think twice!
Eastern Oregon Bear
Big C said:

Cal88 said:

I'd like to see a few bad ass Ukranian drones (with no connection to the US/NATO) break through and hit the Kremlin and a few oligarchs' houses. That'd make them Rooskies think twice!
Are they really suicide drones if they were never alive to start with? It's not as if the drone pilot back behind the lines died.
movielover
Maybe they pilot them from Kiev and lose their OnlyFans membership for a week if they're 'killed'.
Cal88
First Ukrainian F-16 lost, apparently shot down, though Ukraine only claims it has crashed.

Zippergate
Are we really this dumb?

https://open.substack.com/pub/meaninginhistory/p/briefly-china-palestine-fronts?r=aiop6&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web

"Biden's advisor, Jake Sullivan, is visiting China from August 27 to 29, where he is expected to attempt to pressure Beijing into reducing its cooperation with Moscow, according to The New York Times. However, the NYT notes that this effort is unlikely to succeed, as Russia remains a significant partner for China.

In the quoted tweet below there's a video of Sullivan responding to a question, after his meetings with top Chinese leadersincluding Xi Jinping. Sullivan is asked whether he made any progress on the Russia - China issue. He responds: No progress."

Imagine that.
Cal88
Several reports of Ukrainian military attacks on Russian civilians in their Kursk incursion, like this attack on a wheat harvester:

bearister
Attacks on civilians in the Russian invasion of Ukraine - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attacks_on_civilians_in_the_Russian_invasion_of_Ukraine

Deadliest civilian attacks in Russia's invasion of Ukraine | Reuters

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/deadliest-civilian-attacks-russias-invasion-ukraine-2023-10-05/

*…..-and yes, Russia could have massively targeted civilian populations and won the war in a couple of days if not handcuffed by the Rules of Super Power Warfare, but it lacks the moral high ground to protest on this issue. Russia is also a fan of causing "fear and panic."

…..in other news….

Street Thug' Putin and His Allies Considering Invasion of 3 More Countries

https://www.thedailybeast.com/street-thug-putin-and-his-allies-considering-invasion-of-3-more-countries

"We are in the middle of Europe, and we are under censorship," anti-Putin filmmaker says | Semafor

https://www.semafor.com/article/08/29/2024/we-are-in-the-middle-of-europe-and-we-are-under-censorship-anti-putin-filmmaker-says
bearister
Net worth: $250,000,000,000

Fairy tale palace:

Gymnast girlfriend:

Putin is livin' the life he loves and lovin' the life he lives. He doesn't want a nuke war and be turned into a…
movielover
He doesn't seem to bluff.
First Page Last Page
Page 272 of 278

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.