Trump Says FBI is Searching Mar-a-Lago!

43,107 Views | 640 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by AunBear89
BearGoggles
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

BearGoggles said:

Your assumption that they are dumb (stated as a fact, not opinion) says much more about your intellect than theirs.

Nonsense.

These people voted for a guy that campaigned on starting a TRADE WAR, not having the slightest clue how tariffs would punish them.

That's being DUMB.

As usual, you didn't answer the central points and responded to only one sentence. Like that people voting for Trump may have had other reasons than the fact that he promised a trade war. So silly.

Biden campaigned on converting to a green economy. At least some of the people who voted for him on that basis didn't have the "slightest clue" how said policy would "punish" them with higher energy prices, including the intentional increase in carbon fuel costs, and resulting inflation. Are those Biden voters dumb too?

This is a yes or no question - are those Biden voters dumb?
DiabloWags
BearGoggles said:

DiabloWags said:

BearGoggles said:

Your assumption that they are dumb (stated as a fact, not opinion) says much more about your intellect than theirs.

Nonsense.

These people voted for a guy that campaigned on starting a TRADE WAR, not having the slightest clue how tariffs would punish them.

That's being DUMB.

As usual, you didn't answer the central points and responded to only one sentence. Like that people voting for Trump may have had other reasons than the fact that he promised a trade war. So silly.

Biden campaigned on converting to a green economy. At least some of the people who voted for him on that basis didn't have the "slightest clue" how said policy would "punish" them with higher energy prices, including the intentional increase in carbon fuel costs, and resulting inflation. Are those Biden voters dumb too?

You dont even know where inflation comes from.

It's pretty clear from your posts here where you've never even mentioned the Federal Reserve. This is basic Econ. 101a stuff. But you're terribly ignorant.

Did I blame Trump for the unprecedented 40% surge in M2 since March 2020?

Of course not.

Did I blame Biden for it?

Of course not.

I would suggest that you educate yourself on how the Federal Reserve impacts the economy. The Chairman of the FED is the most POWERFUL person in this Country.

But its pretty clear that you dont have any awareness of what the FED does or how their policy impacts the financial markets and the economy.

Try reading the WSJ.

BearGoggles
DiabloWags said:

BearGoggles said:

Cool story. Now tell us about the "dumb" people who voted for the guy whose policies led to rampant 2022 inflation, record high energy costs, supply and labor shortages, multiple foreign policy fiascos (e.g., Afghanistan), poor response to monkeypox, and an overall drop in real earnings/wealth. That's the same guy who is presiding over a nationwide recession not limited to manufacturing in the rust belt.

More deflection.
More whataboutism.
More economic ignorance.

And yet another post by someone who has zero understanding of who the Federal Reserve is, how they increased the M2 money supply by an unprecedented 40%, how they've been terribly late to reversing their monetary policy, let alone the recession that they are now currently engineering in order to get inflation under control. Never mind that the U.S. is still pumping the same 11.6 million barrels per day of crude oil as under Trump.

Youre so terribly misinformed it isnt funny.
Ot's laughable that you think Biden has anything to do with the monetary policybof the Federal Reserve.

Its obvious you dont even read the WSJ.
That's pretty clear.
There you go again - everyone who disagrees with you is "misinformed or dumb". Do you even see that? Or are you totally lacking in self awareness?

And what's with responding to different parts of my post in separate posts? Its almost like you're trying to take things out of context and dissemble. How about quoting the entire post and responding to it in one post? Like everyone else here does.

If the fed has gone wild with the money supply (which is true), is the correct policy for Biden to propose additional short term spending (including paying people not to work) and then explicitly claiming that would not be inflationary?

And the amount of oil pumped in the US is only a small piece of the puzzle - and notably I made no mention of that but for some reason you brought it up. Biden literally campaigned to "end' fossil fuels. The increase in oil prices is a foreseeable (if not intentional) outgrowth of his policies/preferences. And to the extent other factors contribute (like a war in Ukraine and poor relations with middle east oil producers), Biden owns much of that as well. And, as I'm sure you know, higher energy costs place inflationary pressure on most other goods/services.

As a self proclaimed wealthy guy, would you invest in fossil fuel production now given Biden's politics and regulatory policies? Guess what, very few other people will either.
BearGoggles
DiabloWags said:

BearGoggles said:

DiabloWags said:

BearGoggles said:

Nonsense.

That's being DUMB.

It's pretty clear from your posts here where you've never even mentioned the Federal Reserve. This is basic Econ. 101a stuff. But you're terribly ignorant.

Of course not.

Of course not.

I would suggest that you educate yourself on how the Federal Reserve impacts the economy. The Chairman of the FED is the most POWERFUL person in this Country.

But its pretty clear that you dont have any awareness of what the FED does or how their policy impacts the financial markets and the economy.

It was a yes or no question - are Biden voters dumb for voting for a guy who campaigned advocating policies that would quite obviously make energy more expensive?

Yes or no - stop dodging.

So I guess I'll ask - do you have an econ degree from Cal?
DiabloWags
BearGoggles said:

As a self proclaimed wealthy guy, would you invest in fossil fuel production now given Biden's politics and regulatory policies? Guess what, very few other people will either.

Your ignorance and arrogance know no bounds.

I guess CHEVRON must be terribly mispriced with a market-cap of $305 Billion.
EXXON has a market-cap of $385 billion.

Why would they be worth so much given Biden's anti-fossil fuel policies?

You must know something that no one else knows.
lol

DiabloWags
BearGoggles said:

I have a degree from Haas in '82
Finance and Econ Analysis.
How about you bro?
dajo9
BearGoggles said:

DiabloWags said:

Sorry, but people who voted for a guy who started a TRADE WAR that sent family farms into the highest rates of bankruptcy in a DECADE and who sent the Manufacturing sector in the Rust Belt into a Recession...... are DUMB.

They voted for a guy that hurt them badly.
That's a FACT.

Cool story. Now tell us about the "dumb" people who voted for the guy whose policies led to rampant 2022 inflation, record high energy costs, supply and labor shortages, multiple foreign policy fiascos (e.g., Afghanistan), poor response to monkeypox, and an overall drop in real earnings/wealth. That's the same guy who is presiding over a nationwide recession not limited to manufacturing in the rust belt.

Biden voters voted for a guy that has hurt them (all of us) very badly with his stated and intentional polices that were misrepresented (particularly energy and fiscal). Those people were told we could have a green economy without paying for it and that massive spending was not inflationary. They were lied to. By your logic, they're all dumb too.

People vote for a multitude of reasons. Quite often, they vote against a politician as much as for one. Sometimes they vote in protest. Your assumption that they are dumb (stated as a fact, not opinion) says much more about your intellect than theirs.

Biden and Trump supported the same Covid fiscal stimulus policies. Everybody that voted, voted for those policies that brought us inflation and supply / labor shortages. Except for the food and gas inflation kicker this year. That was brought to us by Putin, who I don't think anybody voted for.

I did vote for the guy who would actually end the war in Afghanistan (rather than just saying he would) and I'm thrilled he did.
American Vermin
BearForce2
DiabloWags said:

BearGoggles said:

How about you bro?

Bro, are you going to the Notre Dame game? Let's all meet up bro.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
DiabloWags
Welcome to Dumberica where no one knows what this chart shows or where inflation comes from.

The financial illiteracy in this county is deafening

Unit2Sucks
DiabloWags said:

Welcome to Dumberica where no one knows what this chart shows or where inflation comes from.

The financial illiteracy in this county is deafening

I would be careful not to conflate bad faith disingenuous takes ("Biden policies caused gas prices to rise hurr durr") from substantive ones. Most of the blame placed on Biden by GOPers on BI for the macroeconomic environment is fake, not based on some rigorous analysis. BG's post from last night is laughable and he doesn't really believe anything he said.
calbear93
BearGoggles said:

DiabloWags said:

BearGoggles said:

DiabloWags said:

BearGoggles said:

Nonsense.

That's being DUMB.

Of course not.

Of course not.

It was a yes or no question - are Biden voters dumb for voting for a guy who campaigned advocating policies that would quite obviously make energy more expensive?

Yes or no - stop dodging.

I think impact of doing nothing and going green are both long term.

If we do nothing, there is significant cost to our economy, from severe weather events, more migration, etc. No matter the rhetoric from the progressive, we are not cutting off fossil fuel any time soon and, if regulation outpaces infrastructure , it will create energy disruptions and inflation at a great cost to society and to the poor. The change in infrastructure needed to significantly reduce fossil fuel will take years if not a decade. Doesn't mean we shouldn't invest, but we should not lose sight of the main purpose, which is to reduce the pain to those who are least able to protect themselves.

In the meantime, we get most of our oil import from Canada, and OPEC still has significant influence on overall global oil price no matter how much our demand is reduced.

As far as immediate impact, local regulation that limits supply and cost of gas from refineries definitely increase cost at the pump. See California as a prime example, but when I was growing up in Southern California, smog was horrible and dangerous. I think drastic action was required at least in Southern California.

Long run, I believe in climate-related risks and costs. Not doing anything is getting expensive and will be even more expensive in the future. Like most things, I will be fine no matter what. I care more about the future generation. Whether it's stupid liberal borrow and spend policies on the backs of our children or climate-denier continuing to promote doing nothing because others are not doing the same just leverages selfish desires on the backs of the future generation. We should be grown ups for our kids and future grandkids.
DiabloWags
Unit2Sucks said:

I would be careful not to conflate bad faith disingenuous takes ("Biden policies caused gas prices to rise hurr durr") from substantive ones. Most of the blame placed on Biden by GOPers on BI for the macroeconomic environment is fake, not based on some rigorous analysis. BG's post from last night is laughable and he doesn't really believe anything he said.

Perhaps its disingenuous.

But the fact that they are unable to comprehend that integrated oil companies like Exxon is valued at $385 BILLION and Chevron is valued at $305 BILLION is pretty telling. They just arent very bright.
BearGoggles
DiabloWags said:

BearGoggles said:

How about you bro?

I have dual degrees in Economics and Political Science.

So maybe you're not the only one who has an informed opinion? When I was at Cal, there were world famous faculty members who had widely disparate policy preferences. But for you, only your view is correct. Think about that.

Dodger Diablo - still waiting for you to answer my questions.

• Are Biden voters dumb for the reasons I posted (voting for a guy who made promises that were obviously false)?
  • Given the feds monetary policy, was it wise for Biden to increase short term spending? Would that spending be inflationary or not?
BearGoggles
DiabloWags said:

BearGoggles said:

lol

The value of international companies (and people who invest because they are profitable/have massive reserves) is not the same thing as those companies investing in fuel production. Two totally separate things.

Biden was recently bemoaning the lack of refining capacity (which is a real issue). There has been virtually no investment in refining capacity for almost 50 years. Are Biden's policies doing anything to promote such investment or do they have the opposite effect? He's announced that he wants to "end" fossil fuels - so the answer is pretty clear.

https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=29&t=6
DiabloWags
BearGoggles said:

DiabloWags said:

BearGoggles said:

How about you bro?

So maybe you're not the only one who has an informed opinion? When I was at Cal, there were world famous faculty members who had widely disparate policy preferences. But for you, only your view is correct. Think about that.

I really couldnt care less about the Professors that I had at Haas.
And quite frankly, the curriculum at Haas back in '82 was a joke.
It really was.

The topic here relates to SUPPLY and DEMAND.
It has nothing to do with differing opinions such as those espoused by your Poli-Sci professors.

By the way, I learned far more from reading the WSJ and how markets react to the perception of supply/demand factors while I spent 10 years as a floor trader trading the precious metals, crude oil, and stock-index futures in #4 WTC with my own capital at risk.

When did you graduate from Cal?
BearGoggles
dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

DiabloWags said:

Sorry, but people who voted for a guy who started a TRADE WAR that sent family farms into the highest rates of bankruptcy in a DECADE and who sent the Manufacturing sector in the Rust Belt into a Recession...... are DUMB.

They voted for a guy that hurt them badly.
That's a FACT.

Biden voters voted for a guy that has hurt them (all of us) very badly with his stated and intentional polices that were misrepresented (particularly energy and fiscal). Those people were told we could have a green economy without paying for it and that massive spending was not inflationary. They were lied to. By your logic, they're all dumb too.

People vote for a multitude of reasons. Quite often, they vote against a politician as much as for one. Sometimes they vote in protest. Your assumption that they are dumb (stated as a fact, not opinion) says much more about your intellect than theirs.

Biden and Trump supported the same Covid fiscal stimulus policies. Everybody that voted, voted for those policies that brought us inflation and supply / labor shortages. Except for the food and gas inflation kicker this year. That was brought to us by Putin, who I don't think anybody voted for.

I did vote for the guy who would actually end the war in Afghanistan (rather than just saying he would) and I'm thrilled he did.
So your defense of Biden is that Trump did it too? Not sure that's an argument you want to make about anything.

In point of fact, there was some different context. Policies that might have made sense at the onset of the pandemic didn't make sense in 2021. Trump and Biden had differing views about reopening the economy as well. But that is on the margins - you're correct that many of the Trump policies (which had full dem support) were stupid - people were being paid the same or more in unemployment than they would make by working.

We are where we are. At this point given inflation, is it wise to increase short term spending? I don't think that's a hard question to answer.
DiabloWags
BearGoggles said:

DiabloWags said:

BearGoggles said:

lol

The value of international companies (and people who invest because they are profitable/have massive reserves) is not the same thing as those companies investing in fuel production. Two totally separate things.

Sorry, but I'm afraid that your ignorance in the energy sector once again undercuts your thesis.

Chevron and Exxon are INTEGRATED oil companies.

That means that they also have REFINING OPERATIONS which are investments in fuel production. As a Cal alum, I'm terribly surprised that you are unaware of this, especially since Chevron has a 2900 acre refinery in nearby Richmond which processes 240,000 barrels of crude oil a day.

Hopefully, the fact that crude oil is an input for gasoline and it is a GLOBAL commodity priced accordingly is not lost on you as well. But you'll just keep blaming the high price of crude on Biden .... just like when OdontoBear blamed Biden for the high price of gasoline when several massive Gulf Coast refineries went "off-line" in early 2021 (before Putin's invasion of Ukraine) in order to perform much needed deferred maintenance.

DiabloWags
DiabloWags said:

BearGoggles said:

DiabloWags said:

BearGoggles said:

I really couldnt care less about the Professors that I had at Haas.
And quite frankly, the finance curriculum at Haas back in '82 was a joke.
It really was.

The topic here relates to SUPPLY and DEMAND.
It has nothing to do with differing opinions such as those espoused by your Poli-Sci professors.

By the way, I learned far more from reading the WSJ and how markets react to the perception of supply/demand factors while I spent 10 years as a floor trader trading the precious metals, crude oil, and stock-index futures in #4 WTC with my own capital at risk.

When did you graduate from Cal?

It's downright bizarre that someone would CONFLATE something as fundamentally basic as the concept of SUPPLY AND DEMAND in the energy markets with that of "world famous faculty members who had widely disparate policy preferences" at Cal. - - - Sorry, but this isnt Poli-Sci. This isnt Leon Litwack's "view" of American History.

I have to be honest.
I've never seen someone CONFLATE as much as you do here.
It's some of the most twisted "logic" that I've ever seen given how ignorant you are of basic economic fundamentals.

Unit2Sucks
BG is just doing his normal disingenuous bad faith thing.

He doesn't really believe that Biden's campaign speeches or "energy policy" caused OPEC+ to raise oil prices. He doesn't think that increasing domestic energy production will lead to a worldwide decrease in spot prices. He has no reason to criticize Biden's very timely release of our strategic oil reserves - which we will be able to replenish at the new lower price.

He doesn't believe that Biden's "policies" have increased inflation. The BBB never passed due to GOP obstruction. The main reason we are seeing inflation is a combination of fed policies and supply chain disruption - and by most accounts what we have now is better than the alternative.

He doesn't believe that the messy withdrawal from Afghanistan was a real problem. Apart from one terrorist attack which was coordinated in time with out withdrawal, the human toll was quite low. He knows Trump made a horrible deal with the Taliban and tied our hands on the withdrawal and he's happy we are no longer embroiled in a pointless theater of war.

He doesn't believe that Biden is responsible for labor shortages. He knows that Trump and the GOP made a years-long effort to reduce immigration and to limit the growth of our workforce. He knows that we got what we wanted and is now blaming Biden for something he knows Biden had nothing to do with.

I'm surprised he didn't blame Biden for the SCOTUS decision in Boggs to attack women's rights.

BG isn't here to post what he believes but to share his hyper-partisan attacks in order to defend Trump and the GOP, for whom he continually covers, even knowing how misguided they are. He's playing the long game and pretending that at some point the GOP will return to rationality.
Unit2Sucks
This is consistent with the level of conversation we have on BI.

Unit2Sucks
Can we temporarily lock this thread until the GOPers here get new marching orders?

BearForce2
"Senior Republicans" are aggressively criticizing the DOJ/ FBI? LOL.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
BearForce2
DiabloWags
Unit2Sucks said:

Can we temporarily lock this thread until the GOPers here get new marching orders?

Ja wohl meine freund!
Unit2Sucks
LOL here we are more than 3 days later and Trump still hasn't made the warrant and document list public. It sounds like he's planning on fighting the DOJ request to make it public.

So what is he hiding? He pled the fifth this week and now he's hiding documents that would be evidence of the government crimes that he and his surrogates have alleged. I suppose it's possible that he's already torn up and flushed the warrant but surely his lawyers can request another copy to release.

I look forward to the GOPers receiving new talking points about why this is totally fine and Trump is a victim here.

I assume their talking points will also explained why BLM and Antifa are the real danger and that this nut job white winger wasn't motivated by all of the GOPs anti-FBI talk the last few days (and years).

SBGold
Unit2Sucks said:

LOL here we are more than 3 days later and Trump still hasn't made the warrant and document list public. It sounds like he's planning on fighting the DOJ request to make it public.

So what is he hiding? He pled the fifth this week and now he's hiding documents that would be evidence of the government crimes that he and his surrogates have alleged. I suppose it's possible that he's already torn up and flushed the warrant but surely his lawyers can request another copy to release.

I look forward to the GOPers receiving new talking points about why this is totally fine and Trump is a victim here.

I assume their talking points will also explained why BLM and Antifa are the real danger and that this nut job white winger wasn't motivated by all of the GOPs anti-FBI talk the last few days (and years).

Shiffer is gone and it is good
Unit2Sucks
SBGold said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Schiffer is gone and it is good
He was radicalized by the same content that has been endlessly posted on BI for the last few years. Let's not pretend like Schiffer was a lone wolf or a unique criminal. There are numerous right wing extremists like him and we will continue to see these sorts of terrorist attacks on our democracy.

But, in fairness, that one time Biden had a gaffe so it's all reasonable from the perspective of the enlightened GOPers here.

DiabloWags
Question.... Would the owner of Bearinsider be liable for a Trump extremist who posted here and who conducted violent acts?

Is the social media platform culpable at all?
If I were BearGreg I would want to know about all of my downside risk.
BearForce2
DiabloWags said:

Question.... Would the owner of Bearinsider be liable for a Trump extremist who posted here and who conducted violent acts?

Is the platform culpable at all?

Why would anyone here be liable? Would Biden extremists be liable for violence in blue cities that happen every day?
Unit2Sucks
DiabloWags said:

No, I don't think there is any potential legal risk. Section 230 protects BI's proprietor.

But it also permits him to ban the losers who spread misinformation and dangerous rhetoric.
DiabloWags
Unit2Sucks said:

DiabloWags said:

No, I don't think there is any potential legal risk. Section 230 protects BI's proprietor.

But it also permits him to ban the losers who spread misinformation and dangerous rhetoric.

Well, that will never happen.
Several times a week BearForce posts that the 2020 election was "stolen" and Greg does nothing.
BearForce2
DiabloWags said:

Unit2Sucks said:

DiabloWags said:

Several times a week BearForce posts that the 2020 election was "stolen" and Greg does nothing.

Would it please you if I said the 2016 election was stolen?
oski003
DiabloWags said:

Unit2Sucks said:

DiabloWags said:

That makes panda very sad.
cbbass1
MinotStateBeav said:

okaydo said:

helltopay1 said:

Indeed it is.....No wonder arm-sales are going through the roof...This is a slippery slope on steroids.

I thought you were for law and order… now you're for criminal behavior?
Like the nazis rounding up the jews was law and order right.
This is more like the Americans rounding up the Nazis in 1945.
cbbass1
Unit2Sucks said:

DiabloWags said:

I'm glad he doesn't.

Free Speech is Free Speech. I still think it's important to defend our right to hold unpopular views, and to speak out. BI/OT is an open marketplace of ideas, & I love it for that. If I didn't learn a ton here, I wouldn't be here.

Once you start censoring, it's hard to stop.

Besides, I appreciate having BF2 as a punching bag. If he was banned, who would we ridicule?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.