Trump Says FBI is Searching Mar-a-Lago!

43,080 Views | 640 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by AunBear89
GoOskie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MinotStateBeav said:

Trump was terrible
Well, at least your brain does work every now and then.
okaydo
chazzed
It is highly entertaining to see a Trumpie twist himself into knots to defend the sleazy criminal a handful of years after said criminal became the most scrutinized person in the free world.
DiabloWags
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

MinotStateBeav said:

hey you just listed the next Democratic Primary Challengers, since you are all blowing them for the last 2 years, might as well vote for em.
Wut?

You don't have to respond if you don't have anything intelligent to say.

Seems to be a strong pattern of his.
Responding without anything intelligent to say.

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
concordtom
okaydo said:

No. He tucks them in his desk drawer.
bearister
Most Americans see Trump's MAGA as threat to democracy: Reuters/Ipsos poll

http://www.reuters.com/article/usa-biden-idUSKBN2Q82BL?utm_source=34553&utm_medium=partner
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
DiabloWags
bearister said:

http://www.reuters.com/article/usa-biden-idUSKBN2Q82BL?utm_source=34553&utm_medium=partner

58% of Americans, including 1 in 4 Republicans.
concordtom
DiabloWags said:

bearister said:

58% of Americans, including 1 in 4 Republicans.

And yet 538 said 60% of all Americans will see at least 1 election denier on the ballot in November.

So, what will win out?
Policy preferences of voters?
Or the subconscious partisan drive to click that R box?

("I know smoking is wrong, but…. I just don't want to think about quitting now.")

DiabloWags
The DoJ responds to Judge Cannon.

Savvy!

"The DOJ's motion seeks a partial stay of this order. It seeks permission to continue using the classified documents in its criminal investigation, as well as a ruling that the special master will not review the classified documents themselves.

Under the process that typically governs stays of a federal district court's decisions, the DOJ must first ask Cannon to suspend parts of her order before it may ask a higher court for a stay. The DOJ indicated in its motion that it will seek such a stay from an appeals court "if the Court does not grant a stay by Thursday, September 15." The government also formally announced on Thursday that it will appeal Cannon's order."

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2022/9/8/23343477/trump-mar-a-lago-fbi-documents-national-security-fbi-justice-department-doj
DiabloWags
From Chris Strohm at Bloomberg:

The Justice Department's filing essentially takes a legal sledgehammer to Cannon's ruling, saying it makes no sense and is at times contradictory.

For example, Cannon prohibited the Justice Department and FBI from using the documents for its ongoing criminal investigation but said intelligence agencies could use the documents to assess national security risks related to the compromise of classified information.

The department uses Cannon's logic against her, saying she plainly realizes the value of using the documents, and said it's impossible to separate the two tasks as the Federal Bureau of Investigation is part of the nation's intelligence community.

"Any FBI agent or analyst who investigated whether the classified records were improperly accessed, for instance, would by definition be gathering information highly relevant to -- and thus in furtherance of -- 'criminal investigative purposes,'" the department said.

DOJ to Appeal Trump Special-Master Order That Halted Risk Review - Bloomberg

bearister
Allegation World takes another KO from Reality World:

Judge rejects Trump lawsuit against Hillary Clinton over 2016 Russia claims

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/sep/09/trump-hillary-clinton-lawsuit-russia-allegations?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

*The courtroom is no friend to tRump. Those pesky rules relating to facts, evidence, burdens of proof, the law and decisions by the trier of fact keep f@ucking up his unsubstantiated allegation based narratives.
bearister
MinotStateBeav
bearister said:

The walls.....are.....closing...................................................just kidding.
Unit2Sucks
BearGoggles said:

At this point, the FBI and DOJ have lost the benefit of the doubt. I hope they have the goods here. But if the warrant was based solely on a dispute over official or classified records and there was no evidence that the records were being destroyed (or at risk of disclosure), then this was major overreach and the results will be catastrophic.

BearGoggles said:

And for the record, I'd like all parties who misappropriate or leak classified info to be prosecuted and lose their security clearance. That includes Trump, HRC, Comey, and McCabe. The problem is the DOJ and FBI hasn't done that. Even Petraeus was let off the hook with a slap on the wrist.

A lot has happened since you made these posts over a month ago.

What do you think now of the way the FBI and DOJ have handled this dispute?

Based solely on the undisputed facts, what do you think of Trump's actions?
DiabloWags
Unit2Sucks said:

BearGoggles said:

At this point, the FBI and DOJ have lost the benefit of the doubt. I hope they have the goods here. But if the warrant was based solely on a dispute over official or classified records and there was no evidence that the records were being destroyed (or at risk of disclosure), then this was major overreach and the results will be catastrophic.

BearGoggles said:

And for the record, I'd like all parties who misappropriate or leak classified info to be prosecuted and lose their security clearance. That includes Trump, HRC, Comey, and McCabe. The problem is the DOJ and FBI hasn't done that. Even Petraeus was let off the hook with a slap on the wrist.

I'd like to know his answers on this too.
Or did he just disappear because he knows that his man Trump is guilty as sin?
concordtom
DiabloWags said:

Unit2Sucks said:

BearGoggles said:

BearGoggles said:

Maybe we should have a thread for abandoned sign-on names.

MIA - whereabouts unknown (BearGoggles)
Banned for life (Yogi, HTP)
Quit the habit (Shocky)
Deceased in real life (GreyBear, and you know, we once had a daughter post that her father had died but she wanted to thank the community because she knew he liked posting here, it was real sweet)

Status can be posted as suspected or known, accordingly.
sycasey
concordtom said:

DiabloWags said:

Unit2Sucks said:

BearGoggles said:

BearGoggles said:

Quit the habit (Shocky)
Deceased in real life (GreyBear, and you know, we once had a daughter post that her father had died but she wanted to thank the community because she knew he liked posting here, it was real sweet)

Whither OaktownBear?
concordtom
AKA: UserName Obituaries
Or, Abandoned Usernames.

Which is better?
Other suggestions?
smh
sycasey said:

> Whither OaktownBear?
for whatever reason OTB's most recent post was may of last year..
> https://bearinsider.com/forums/3/topics/101743/replies/1878954
"It is very simple. This team was not going anywhere. Celestine should have played to give him a chance to develop rather than a player who didn't make the team better, who wasn't going to get better, and who was a one year rental. The freeing thing about being last is you can't get laster. You can develop your players. Fox continues to stunt the team's growth by recruiting short term transfers who are not PAC-12 quality players and giving them minutes instead of giving the young players opportunity to develop."
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
sycasey
smh said:

sycasey said:

> Whither OaktownBear?
for whatever reason OTB's most recent post was may of last year..
> https://bearinsider.com/forums/3/topics/101743/replies/1878954
"It is very simple. This team was not going anywhere. Celestine should have played to give him a chance to develop rather than a player who didn't make the team better, who wasn't going to get better, and who was a one year rental. The freeing thing about being last is you can't get laster. You can develop your players. Fox continues to stunt the team's growth by recruiting short term transfers who are not PAC-12 quality players and giving them minutes instead of giving the young players opportunity to develop."
So we can blame Mark Fox.
Big C
sycasey said:

concordtom said:

DiabloWags said:

Unit2Sucks said:

BearGoggles said:

BearGoggles said:

Quit the habit (Shocky)

Whither OaktownBear?

OTB is busy proving to the world he was never a BI addict. Of course, it's addicts that need to go cold turkey, so maybe he's proving the opposite.

Meanwhile, ConcordTom failed to mention the banning of you-know-who (whose name I dare not mention).
bearister
Anyone that bans that guy will have helltopay1 (damn autocorrect).
GoOskie
Was hell toupee perma banned?
Eastern Oregon Bear
GoOskie said:

Was hell toupee perma banned?
I don't know, but he has been gone for over a month. BearFarce will reach a month in a few more days.
DiabloWags
Unit2Sucks said:

BearGoggles said:

BearGoggles said:

BearGoggles has always shown himself "eager" to answer your questions.

Not sure why he's gone MIA on yours.

Maybe he's grown tired of trying to defend someone that can no longer be defended?

Maybe he's finally come to the realization that Trump can no longer be defended?

bearister
" Two Chinese women were caught trespassing. One of them, Yujing Zhang, had no fewer than four mobile phones, an external hard drive, as well as five sim cards and a "signal detector" gadget for locating hidden microphones or cameras. She was deported without any clarity on what she was doing there and why she was in possession of such an array of electronics."

80s hits and nuclear secrets: security concerns plague Trump's Mar-a-Lago | Donald Trump | The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/sep/20/donald-trump-maralago-nuclear-secrets-whitney-houston-security-flaws

*tRump's taste in music is consistent with his taste in everything. The end.
concordtom
Big C said:

sycasey said:

concordtom said:

DiabloWags said:

Unit2Sucks said:

BearGoggles said:

BearGoggles said:

Quit the habit (Shocky)

Whither OaktownBear?

OTB is busy proving to the world he was never a BI addict. Of course, it's addicts that need to go cold turkey, so maybe he's proving the opposite.

Meanwhile, ConcordTom failed to mention the banning of you-know-who (whose name I dare not mention).

I actually had forgotten his name. That's what happens when you block someone's name. It's a good thing to do!

Thankfully, the blocked people are not around anymore. Apparently, someone else decided same as me, but with more power.

PS: I'm honored that you have elected to capitalize my first and last name.
Perhaps the next step in honor will be to add "The" beforehand, like "The Queen".
And then the ultimate must be to add "Real".
Apparently, that's how to really announce one's self as important!

Big C
concordtom said:

Big C said:

sycasey said:

concordtom said:

DiabloWags said:

Unit2Sucks said:

BearGoggles said:

BearGoggles said:

Quit the habit (Shocky)

Whither OaktownBear?

I actually had forgotten his name. That's what happens when you block someone's name. It's a good thing to do!

Thankfully, the blocked people are not around anymore. Apparently, someone else decided same as me, but with more power.

PS: I'm honored that you have elected to capitalize my first and last name.
Perhaps the next step in honor will be to add "The" beforehand, like "The Queen".

And then the ultimate must be to add "Real".
Apparently, that's how to really announce one's self as important!

Oversight on my part, concordtom... I mean "the concordtom". I'm the kinda guy, okay I'm not gonna declare my pronouns, but if somebody else declares theirs I'm gonna try to use them, out of respect for my fellow man/woman/non-binary+. Yes, I get that "the concordtom" is a proper noun, it was just a 2022-type example.

PS: I'm assuming that you were just kidding about the "real", right, because Trump?
DiabloWags
BREAKING NEWS

ERIC TUCKER
Wed, September 21, 2022 at 4:37 PM

WASHINGTON (AP) A federal appeals panel has lifted a judge's hold on the Justice Department's ability to use classified records seized from former President Donald Trump's Florida estate in its ongoing criminal investigation.

The ruling from a three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit is a victory for the Justice Department, clearing the way for it to immediately resume its use of the documents as it evaluates whether to bring criminal charges in its investigation into the presence of top-secret government records held at Mar-a-Lago after Trump left the White House.

Trump docs probe: Court lifts hold on Mar-a-Lago records (yahoo.com)
bearister

Note that when tRump gets agitated, he goes into a schizoid hyper speed non sensical babble that resembles speaking in tongues at a Pentecostal revival meeting.

He has no idea what turn in the hallway his sentences are going down next since he is literally making sh@it up as his stream of consciousness vomits out.This is why he can never testify in court.
Unit2Sucks
bearister said:

The good news is that Biden, by the power of thought alone, just re-classified everything that Trump pretended to have de-classified and said "no backsies, infinity" so that's the end of that.
bearister
It is incredible that the forces that planned America's downfall couldn't have come up with someone smarter than tRump to be the figurehead of their movement.

I suppose part of it is that his supporters relate to him since in the best case scenario for tRump, he is every bit as stupid as they are.
concordtom
bearister said:

Note that when tRump gets agitated, he goes into a schizoid hyper speed non sensical babble that resembles speaking in tongues at a Pentecostal revival meeting.

He has no idea what turn in the hallway his sentences are going down next since he is literally making sh@it up as his stream of consciousness vomits out. This is why he can never testify in court.

He wins in 1v1 face-offs because of this.

My first job out of college was doing tech support for a software company. We didn't always have all the answers, but our job was to end the calls reasonably quickly - at least we were measured by doing so. So, we used to have a saying in laughter with colleagues: "wow, how did you get out of that one?"
"I stunned them with technical jargon!"

It worked nearly every time. People are left reeling and before you know it, conversation over.

Trump does the same thing. Hits like a hurricane with nonsensical logic while yelling demands, threats, and insults.
BearGoggles
Unit2Sucks said:

BearGoggles said:

BearGoggles said:

I think the FBI and DOJ likely overreached in pursuing the warrant - but until we know the nature of the "documents marked classified" I'm not sure. Hopefully more detail will come out - though we already have seen misleading leaking from the DOJ (what happened to the "nuclear secrets" claim?).

The scope of the warrant has been revealed to be overly broad (probably unconstitutionally so) - lots of people on the left think that's the case. I think it remains unclear whether there's an actual criminal case, though pursuing a criminal case is not necessarily a requirement to pursuing a warrant.

I still think there's an obvious double standard. No one has explained to me why a warrant was pursued for Trump vs. HRC (or for that matter Comey). Or why many in HRCs camp (e.g., Cheryl Mills) were given immunity in exchange for an agreement to produce materials that could have been seized by warrant. Why did the DOJ negotiate with (and make unprecedented concessions to) the Clinton team, but raid Trump?

As is typical, Trump is his own worst enemy - there is seemingly no rational explanation for his behavior (which, again, is typical). He has hired (with limited exception) mediocre attorneys who are doing him no favors. No surprise there.
sycasey
BearGoggles said:

I still think there's an obvious double standard. No one has explained to me why a warrant was pursued for Trump vs. HRC (or for that matter Comey). Or why many in HRCs camp (e.g., Cheryl Mills) were given immunity in exchange for an agreement to produce materials that could have been seized by warrant. Why did the DOJ negotiate with (and make unprecedented concessions to) the Clinton team, but raid Trump?

Isn't this mostly because Clinton's team cooperated and turned over materials and Trump did not?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.