What's your guys opinion on the Nord Stream explosion?

23,582 Views | 305 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by movielover
movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who has the capability to pull this off?

USA
Israel (w our approval)
China?
Iran?

"There is a world of other potential perpetrators, ..."

False.

Central and South American countries didn't pull this off; neither did Angola or Ethiopia. Eliminate Poland, Switzerland, Cuba, etc. Potential culprits becomes limited.
golden sloth
movielover said:

USA
Israel (w our approval)
China?
Iran?

False.

Central and South American countries didn't pull this off; neither did Angola or Ethiopia. Eliminate Poland, Switzerland, Cuba, etc. Potential culprits becomes limited.

First, why does it have to be a government that pulled this off? Second, why couldn't a country like Poland pull this off? Third, just because you have the capability to do something doesnt mean you did do that something. If you are the only person that owns a gun in a town, that doesnt mean if someone was shot in that town, it was you who shot them.

Further, how do we know it was directly targeted for attack? Russia had closed this line several times in the last months for maintenance. If true (which I dont believe) the line was already having problems.
oski003
golden sloth said:

movielover said:

USA
Israel (w our approval)
China?
Iran?

False.

First, why does it have to be a government that pulled this off? Second, why couldn't a country like Poland pull this off? Third, just because you have the capability to do something doesnt mean you did do that something. If you are the only person that owns a gun in a town, that doesnt mean if someone was shot in that town, it was you who shot them.

Further, how do we know it was directly targeted for attack? Russia had closed this line several times in the last months for maintenance. If true (which I dont believe) the line was already having problems.

1) Large terrorist attacks on strategic military targets are a bit harder to pull off than shooting "someone" in a town.
2) Are you suggesting the maintenance of the bridge played a hand in the sudden gigantic explosion of the truck? Maybe the truck contained large amounts of explosives because explosives are used for maintenance on the bridge? That doesn't make sense.
sycasey
oski003 said:

golden sloth said:

movielover said:

USA
Israel (w our approval)
China?
Iran?

False.

1) Large terrorist attacks on strategic military targets are a bit harder to pull off than shooting "someone" in a town.
2) Are you suggesting the maintenance of the bridge played a hand in the sudden gigantic explosion of the truck? Maybe the truck contained large amounts of explosives because explosives are used for maintenance on the bridge? That doesn't make sense.

We're talking about the NordStream pipeline here, not the Crimea bridge.
oski003
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

golden sloth said:

movielover said:

USA
Israel (w our approval)
China?
Iran?

False.

My bad!
AunBear89
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

golden sloth said:

movielover said:

USA
Israel (w our approval)
China?
Iran?

False.

It's hard for the average conservative to keep the subjects of their faux outrage straight.

"What am I supposed to be outraged about this week? I better check my MAGA talking points memo."
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Cal88
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

golden sloth said:

movielover said:

USA
Israel (w our approval)
China?
Iran?

False.

Actually someone on this board did blame the Kerch explosion on poor Russian maintenance/design, which is about as idiotic as blaming the NS explosion on poor maintenance, given that half of that project is brand new.

No entity could have pulled this off in one of the most controlled parts of the Baltic Sea, just off Danish territorial waters, on the western end of the Sea (NATO's playground) without NATO knowing. Anyone who thinks otherwise does not belong in a serious discussion on geopolitics.

The "smaller" countries in the neighborhood don't have the tools or military know how to conduct such an operation, you need a deep-diving demolition team with advanced deepwater drones to pull this off, like the squad of Navy Seals demolition team that was known to have recently operated in the region.
movielover
Joe Biden February 2022: "We will bring an end to it" - Nord Steam 2 pipeline - if Russia invades Ukraine.

Eastern Oregon Bear
At the risk of inflaming the US is responsible for everything crowd, I'm hearing a report here at work that there have been "multiple undersea cable cuts in Europe." Breaking news brought to you here first before I see it on media news sites.
movielover
The Biden Administration previously removed Nord Stream 2 sanctions.

movielover
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

At the risk of inflaming the US is responsible for everything crowd, I'm hearing a report here at work that there have been "multiple undersea cable cuts in Europe." Breaking news brought to you here first before I see it on media news sites.

After ND2 was attacked, someone mentioned this possibility (Dr. Jordan Peterson?).
cbbass1
golden sloth said:

movielover said:

USA
Israel (w our approval)
China?
Iran?

False.

It doesn't have to be a government. It could be mercenaries, hired by U.S. LNG suppliers.

Remember that Germany has no port facilities to receive LNG, because they went all-in on Russian gas from the Nordstream pipelines.

If you don't think that the U.S. would find a way to make Germany pay for that decision, you're naive.
Unit2Sucks
movielover said:

After ND2 was attacked, someone mentioned this possibility (Dr. Jordan Peterson?).

Peterson's brain is a scrambled egg. I guess this is what happened when you are drug addict who has to be placed in a medically induced coma.

I can't imagine pretending like this guy is some sort of intellectual authority but I guess the right has become devoid of intellectuals after the purge by Trumpism so you are left with these types of clowns.

golden sloth
cbbass1 said:

golden sloth said:

movielover said:

USA
Israel (w our approval)
China?
Iran?

False.

It doesn't have to be a government. It could be mercenaries, hired by U.S. LNG suppliers.

Remember that Germany has no port facilities to receive LNG, because they went all-in on Russian gas from the Nordstream pipelines.

If you don't think that the U.S. would find a way to make Germany pay for that decision, you're naive.

People's inability to differentiate between speculation and evidence is irritating me.

Having motive does not make you guilty, all I see is people trying to establish a motive, and no one talking evidence, there is no evidence NATO and the US are behind this.
golden sloth
Unit2Sucks said:

movielover said:

Peterson's brain is a scrambled egg. I guess this is what happened when you are drug addict who has to be placed in a medically induced coma.

I can't imagine pretending like this guy is some sort of intellectual authority but I guess the right has become devoid of intellectuals after the purge by Trumpism so you are left with these types of clowns.

I thought Peterson was a men's rights activist and a self-help guru, what qualifies him to be an expert on geopolitics in anyway?
Cal88
golden sloth said:

Unit2Sucks said:

movielover said:

I thought Peterson was a men's rights activist and a self-help guru, what qualifies him to be an expert on geopolitics in anyway?

Fair assessment, but the real experts on the field, people like Mearsheimer and Kissinger, are being royally dismissed and ignored by the Ukraine war enthusiasts.
Cal88
cbbass1 said:

golden sloth said:

movielover said:

USA
Israel (w our approval)
China?
Iran?

False.

Not likely, there is only a handful of countries with the technical know-how and sophisticated equipment to carry out that operation. It's not the work of a rogue mercenary team.

As well, big oil and the MIC are pretty much integrated within the US deep state, I mean look at Cheney's Halliburton, or Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, who has received millions from Raytheon.
sycasey
Cal88 said:

golden sloth said:

Unit2Sucks said:

movielover said:

Fair assessment, but the real experts on the field, people like Mearsheimer and Kissinger, are being royally dismissed and ignored by the Ukraine war enthusiasts.

I was happy to hear out Mearsheimer's theories. I am no longer interested because he's already been proven wrong by current realities

Also, LOL at you bashing pro-Ukraine commentators as being neo-con warmongers and then citing HENRY KISSINGER as your preferred expert. It's pretty clear you only like these guys because they are supporting your pro-Putin narrative at the moment, not because you actually agree with them on principle.
MinotStateBeav
Unit2Sucks said:

movielover said:

Cal88
sycasey said:

Cal88 said:

golden sloth said:

Unit2Sucks said:

movielover said:

I was happy to hear out Mearsheimer's theories. I am no longer interested because he's already been proven wrong by current realities.

The reason why Mearsheimer's 2015 lecture now has 28 million views, which is completely unheard of for a long academic presentation on geopolitics, is that his assessments turned out to be prophetically true.

This is a good time for people to watch or review his 45min 2015 lecture nearly one year into the war he has accurately predicted, with, as Mearsheimer stated, the potential spiral into a full blown world war, and nuclear conflagration risks growing every day:

People like you who are "no longer interested" are effectively incapable of processing geopolitical issues because their world view can be summarized as "Putin is one baaad hombre".

Quote:

Also, LOL at you bashing pro-Ukraine commentators as being neo-con warmongers and then citing HENRY KISSINGER as your preferred expert. It's pretty clear you only like these guys because they are supporting your pro-Putin narrative at the moment, not because you actually agree with them on principle.

I've cited about 70 mostly American mainstream policy experts further up agreeing with Kissinger, people like Chomsky, Gary Hart, Bill Bradley, Sam Nunn, Jeffrey Sachs, former US and UK ambassadors to Russia, former US intel analysts, none of whom are "Putin lovers", and all of whom have stated that the current policies would precipitate a Russian military response that would wreck Ukraine, and that this war could have been completely prevented.

The problem today is that you have clowns and zealots running US policy, people like Michael McFaul or Victoria Nuland. What differentiates them from a Kissinger is not their objectives or ideology, Kissinger can be just as fanatical as them in those terms, but in terms of being realistic and having some foresight on geopolitics. For all their flaws, old school policymakers like Kissinger or Brzezinski have managed to get us through decades of cold war without the planet blowing up.
dimitrig
golden sloth said:

cbbass1 said:

golden sloth said:

movielover said:

USA
Israel (w our approval)
China?
Iran?

False.

People's inability to differentiate between speculation and evidence is irritating me.

Having motive does not make you guilty, all I see is people trying to establish a motive, and no one talking evidence, there is no evidence NATO and the US are behind this.

What evidence exists?

So far Sweden has confirmed there is evidence of detonations, making is likely this was a deliberate act and not an accident.

(Source: Swedish investigators find evidence of 'serious sabotage' on Nord Stream pipelines)

There is circumstantial evidence that the US deployed UUVs in the area this summer as part of BATOPS 2022:

"Scientists from five nations brought the latest advancements in unmanned underwater vehicle (UUV) mine hunting technology to the Baltic Sea to demonstrate the vehicle's effectiveness in operational scenarios.

The BALTOPS Mine Counter Measure Task Group ventured throughout the Baltic region practicing ordnance location, exploitation, and disarming in critical maritime chokepoints."

(Source: Major naval exercise BALTOPS 22 concludes in Germany)

This doesn't mean that NATO planted these explosives as part of this exercise, but it makes it likely that no other country was able to operate clandestinely at the time.

The pipelines are inspected annually.

"Initially, inspections are required annually. Each year, results are compared with those of the year before and, if nothing has changed after two or three years, the frequency of inspections could potentially be changed as long as the probability of something threatening the pipelines is minimal."

(Source: https://www.nord-stream.com/operations/maintenance)

Therefore, the explosives were likely to have been planted in the last year.

Add to that the motive and the mostly likely explanation is the US or a US-ally blew up the pipeline.

Could Russia have done it? Absolutely, but I think it would have been difficult for them to pull off and I am impressed if they are the ones that did it right under the nose of the US Navy.

Cal88
^In addition, Russia had no motive into destroying their main bargaining chip with Europe, an asset that could single-handedly unravel NATO's cohesion, and one that they have painstakingly built up for years at a massive cost.
movielover
The MIC benefitted from Blinken and Biden / Obama leaving $50+ Billion worth of military equipment in Afghanistan. And now Iran and China have our technology.
Cal88
I think the military hardware left in Afghanistan is meant to keep that country destabilized and fuel a long civil war, sort of "mining the field" for the main candidate to take that country over, neighboring China.

Afghanistan is a very rich country in terms of natural resources like gold, copper, lithium and rare earth, in addition to being the geographical hub of the Asian land mass, wedged between China, India, Russia and Iran, pipelines etc.

cbbass1
golden sloth said:

cbbass1 said:

golden sloth said:

movielover said:

USA
Israel (w our approval)
China?
Iran?

False.

I think that the Ritter article (presented earlier) lays out the case pretty clearly. He says straight away that the evidence is circumstantial.

Of course, motive alone is not enough. The standard for any prosecutor is Means, Motive, and Opportunity, and Ritter develops a pretty solid case.

There's no physical evidence, nor will there be any.

https://consortiumnews.com/2022/10/12/scott-ritter-pipelines-v-usa/
golden sloth
I will withhold judgment until the official findings, but I did find this interesting, if not a bit speculative.

cbbass1
More circumstantial evidence that supports the U.S./U.K. as the Nordstream 2 pipeline saboteurs:
  • UK PM (at the time) Liz Truss, one minute after the pipeline explosion, texted to U.S. Sec'y of State Anthony Blinken, "It's done". This information was allegedly available because Russian intelligence services had hacked Truss's Samsung Galaxy 8 phone, and had access to UK top-level security briefings over a full year, from before Truss became PM.
    https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2022/10/unconfirmed-hack-of-liz-truss-phone-prompts-calls-for-urgent-investigation/
  • Sweden (allied with NATO) has refused to share any of the results of the investigation with Russia, even though it's their (Russia's) pipeline. IF there were any evidence that Russia did it, we would've seen it by now. This is clearly a cover-up.
  • U.S. Deputy Sec'y of State / NeoCon Victoria Nuland (wife of original NeoCon Robert Kagan) celebrated -- and practically confessed to -- the destruction of the Nordstream 2 pipeline.
  • This is in addition to Biden's assertion, before the sabotage, that Nordstream 2 wouldn't be "allowed" to operate.
  • Again, Russia had nothing to gain & everything to lose by destroying its own natural gas pipeline. The pipeline was the key for weakening NATO, and peeling Germany off. Germany was very likely going to violate the U.S./Russia sanctions, and receive LNG from Nordstream (which would be a huge embarrassment for NATO) if Nordstream 2 hadn't been sabotaged.

Note: This is the same Deputy Sec'y of State / Neocon Victoria Nuland who engineered the 2014 Maidan coup, coordinating the involvement of Ukrainian Neo-Nazi militias (like Azov Battalion & Right Sector) in the overthrow of democratically-elected, Russia-leaning Ukrainian President Yanukovich.
movielover
Add to your timeline:

1. President Biden - "we will bring an end to it" if Russia enters Ukraine.

2. Anthony Blinken presser:

- fidgety, avoiding eye contact (responsibility)
- confident, direct (opportunity to sell LNG to Europe)

cbbass1
Adding the comments of Retired US Army colonel Douglas Macgregor to the overwhelming circumstantial evidence:

Retired Pentagon Advisor Says The U.S. Is The Most Likely to Destroy Nord Stream Pipelines

Retired US Army colonel Douglas Macgregor who was a Pentagon advisor claimed that the United States is most likely the state actor that sabotaged the Nord Stream pipelines. In doing so, the U.S. has isolated Germany and made certain they have a cold and dark [or an extremely expensive] winter.

https://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/retired-pentagon-advisor-says-the-u-s-is-the-most-likely-to-destroy-nord-stream-pipelines

Quote:

"Would the Russians destroy their own pipeline? 40 percent of Russian gross national product or gross domestic product consists of foreign currency that comes into the country to purchase natural gas, oil, coal, and so forth. So the Russians did not do this. The notion that they did I think is absurd," Macgregor said.
Referring to Polish MEP Radoslaw Sikorski's infamous deleted tweet in which he wrote, "Thank you, USA," Macgregor noted, "Who else might be involved? Well the Poles apparently seem to be very enthusiastic about it." -ZeroHedge

Eastern Oregon Bear
Oh boy, another time where people are supposed to just take Russia's word without questioning it. Why would they have a reason to lie or make stuff up?
cbbass1
How America Took Out The Nord Stream Pipeline

The New York Times called it a "mystery," but the United States executed a covert sea operation that was kept secret until now.

https://seymourhersh.substack.com/p/how-america-took-out-the-nord-stream

So much for the "moral high ground" and claiming to be the "good guys."

IF you were believing the Biden/U.S. foreign policy stories on what happened with the Nordstream sabotage & why, you were fooled.

sycasey
cbbass1 said:

The New York Times called it a "mystery," but the United States executed a covert sea operation that was kept secret until now.

IF you were believing the Biden/U.S. foreign policy stories on what happened with the Nordstream sabotage & why, you were fooled.

Seymour Hersh (a once great journalist) has increasingly become a conspiracy theorist in recent years.

He's claimed the Bin Laden raid was an elaborately staged con, and that Assad never used Sarin gas on his own people in Syria (again, he claims a US-led false flag conspiracy).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seymour_Hersh

I think we need more than his unnamed sources to be sure of this one.
Ursine
sycasey said:

cbbass1 said:

Seymour Hersh (a once great journalist) has increasingly become a conspiracy theorist in recent years.

He's claimed the Bin Laden raid was an elaborately staged con, and that Assad never used Sarin gas on his own people in Syria (again, he claims a US-led false flag conspiracy).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seymour_Hersh

I think we need more than his unnamed sources to be sure of this one.
Seems these days that whenever a story is written that someone else doesn't like, the plan is to attack the person who wrote it rather than the claims being made. I see that tactic on social media quite a lot, especially by politicians.

This particular story seems to come from one source and a lot of bad stories have been written the last several years based on anonymous sources. On the plus side, there is a lot of detail in the story.
Cal88
Quote:

Who do you think blew up Nordstream? The Russians? S.P.E.C.T.R.E.? The Martians?
movielover
cbbass1 said:

An act of war. I wonder when Putin will comment? And now Europeans will have more reason to resent us.

I knew Blinken and Biden blabbed, now add Victoria Nuland.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.