What's up with all this RFK Jr business these days?

16,062 Views | 236 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by bearister
Cal88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RFK does have a quality of genuineness that might be the most sought-after attribute by the majority of voters today, His display of fitness makes him stand in sharp contrast with Biden. Newsom also has the looks and vigor, but he comes off like a slick car salesman.

Quote:

Kennedy Jr. was viewed favorably by 49% of respondents and unfavorably by just 30%, leaving him with a net rating of 19 pointshigher than any other candidate in the poll, which surveyed 1,500 adult respondents from June 10 to 13.

Biden had a negative 9-point net favorability rating, with 52% of respondents viewing him somewhat or very unfavorably while 45% have very or somewhat favorable impressions, and Trump had a negative 10-point net rating, with 53% viewing him unfavorably and 43% favorably.

RFK's problem is that most of the 30% unfavorable rating comes from establishment Democrats, as observed on this board. The Dem machine is going to go hard against him, that includes the whole bunch of evening show talking heads, as seen above with Kimmel.
calbear93
Cal88 said:

RFK does have a quality of genuineness that might be the most sought-after attribute by the majority of voters today, His display of fitness makes him stand in sharp contrast with Biden. Newsom also has the looks and vigor, but he comes off like a slick car salesman.

Quote:

Kennedy Jr. was viewed favorably by 49% of respondents and unfavorably by just 30%, leaving him with a net rating of 19 pointshigher than any other candidate in the poll, which surveyed 1,500 adult respondents from June 10 to 13.

Biden had a negative 9-point net favorability rating, with 52% of respondents viewing him somewhat or very unfavorably while 45% have very or somewhat favorable impressions, and Trump had a negative 10-point net rating, with 53% viewing him unfavorably and 43% favorably.

RFK's problem is that most of the 30% unfavorable rating comes from establishment Democrats, as observed on this board. The Dem machine is going to go hard against him, that includes the whole bunch of evening show talking heads, as seen above with Kimmel.
RFK has no chance. No independent will vote for someone who is know as an anti-vaxxer. Jessica Biel was almost cancelled for showing up in a picture with RFK long before he decided to run for president.

If even his family won't support him or even acknowledge him, hard for other establishment to support him.

No chance. Just a side show like all Republican candidates other than Trump and DeSantis.
Unit2Sucks
calbear93 said:

RFK has no chance. No independent will vote for someone who is know as an anti-vaxxer. Jessica Biel was almost cancelled for showing up in a picture with RFK long before he decided to run for president.

If even his family won't support him or even acknowledge him, hard for other establishment to support him.

No chance. Just a side show like all Republican candidates other than Trump and DeSantis.
The whole RFK thing is a farce like Kanye West or Tulsi Gabbard. Like with them, as far as I can tell his supporters are entirely Republican and are just hoping that he can somehow save them from another crushing defeat of the loser that they support.

One might argue that this is more like when democrats (correctly) note that Trump is a disaster and that the GOP should support someone like Liz Cheney or Adam Kinzinger instead before noting that the democrats don't actually like or support either of them or their policies, but they appreciate that they aren't batsh(t crazy or complete incompetents who will embarrass us on the daily.

The big difference is that the GOP is so deep in looney tunes land that they could never conceive of pretending to support a "normal" democrat who they disagree with - say someone like Jared Polis, Dick Durbin or whatever - so they gravitate towards people who aren't really democrats, don't support democrat policies, constantly criticize democrats and have some other wacky beliefs and would embarrass us on the daily like all of the nutjob GOPers that have all of the juice in their party.

This is all just a pathetic transparent attempt to bash democrats in order to help Trump avoid another massive loss that they all know is coming unless he's more successful in subverting the will of the people through all of the combined anti-democratic actions being taken through their weaponization of government and through criminal activity.
oski003
DiabloWags said:

82gradDLSdad said:

Thanks Wags. I've been using some at home poop test sent by Kaiser every year or so (?). My cousin, who is a gastroenterologist, told me to get a colonoscopy, not because of a bad result from those tests, just because of my age, 63.

The Fecal Immunochemical Test ( FIT) used by Kaiser is a low cost test that is used Annually and does nothing but detect blood in your stool. Although it has a very low false positive rate, its overall sensitivity isnt that great when it comes to early stage cancer detection. It's only 73% for Stage 1.

Cologuard has 94% sensitivity in detecting colon cancer in Stages 1 to Stage 2.
And 92% sensitivity overall.

Cologuard also detects 69% of high-grade dysplasia which is pre-cancer that is about to turn into full blown cancer. The FIT test is only 46%.

Cologuard 2.0 will be coming out in another year and will command even greater sensitivity with a lower false positive rate.

I've tested negative every 3 years using COLOGUARD at the recommended 3-year screening interval.

Clinical Performance | Cologuard For HCPs (cologuardhcp.com)

Pfizerwags

On a serious note, it does a great job at detecting cancer and a poor job at detecting precancerous polps.
calbear93
oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

82gradDLSdad said:

Thanks Wags. I've been using some at home poop test sent by Kaiser every year or so (?). My cousin, who is a gastroenterologist, told me to get a colonoscopy, not because of a bad result from those tests, just because of my age, 63.

The Fecal Immunochemical Test ( FIT) used by Kaiser is a low cost test that is used Annually and does nothing but detect blood in your stool. Although it has a very low false positive rate, its overall sensitivity isnt that great when it comes to early stage cancer detection. It's only 73% for Stage 1.

Cologuard also detects 69% of high-grade dysplasia which is pre-cancer that is about to turn into full blown cancer. The FIT test is only 46%.

Cologuard 2.0 will be coming out in another year and will command even greater sensitivity with a lower false positive rate.

I've tested negative every 3 years using COLOGUARD at the recommended 3-year screening interval.

Pfizerwags

On a serious note, it does a great job at detecting cancer and a poor job at detecting precancerous polps.
When I turned 50, my doctor told me to just do the coloscopy because he would recommend it even if I had cologuard done. They found a polyp they removed and so I have to return in seven years.

The biggest medical progress for me was the PSA blood test. I have never had to do the invasive prostate exam my older friends warned me about.
DiabloWags
oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

82gradDLSdad said:

Pfizerwags

Ok, I'll bite.

A poor job detecting precancers compared to what other non-invasive screening test?

Be specific.
sycasey
Came back into this thread and it's full of a**hole talk.
bearister
"If lovin' this Manchurian Candidate is wrong, I don't wannabe right."
-BigC

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
calbear93
sycasey said:

Clever. Made me chuckle.
oski003
DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

82gradDLSdad said:

Pfizerwags

Ok, I'll bite.

A poor job detecting precancers compared to what other non-invasive screening test?

Be specific.

As opposed to doing a colonoscopy, sir.
calbear93
oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

82gradDLSdad said:

Pfizerwags

Ok, I'll bite.

Be specific.

That was pretty invasive. I just happened to be deep in sleep when the invasion happened.
okaydo
BearHunter
sycasey said:

We need new, young blood up in this biotch.
BearHunter
sycasey said:

If we can save only one a**hole's life here, it would be worth it.
BearHunter
DiabloWags said:

82gradDLSdad said:

Post of the Month.
dajo9
BearHunter said:

sycasey said:

If we can save only one a**hole's life here, it would be worth it.

Would it?
American Vermin
DiabloWags
oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

82gradDLSdad said:

Pfizerwags

Ok, I'll bite.

Be specific.

Colonoscopy is an invasive diagnostic test.

I'm comparing Cologuard to other non-invasive "screening" tests like the FIT test that people like 82gradDLSdad gets at Kaiser Health Group.

FIT sports only a 20% sensitivity for precancers.

Cologuard is at 42%

High grade dysplasia (HGD) is currently at 69% and initial studies show it to achieve 75% sensitivity in Cologuard 2.0

HGD is precancer thats about to turn into full blown colon cancer.

oski003
DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

82gradDLSdad said:

Pfizerwags

Ok, I'll bite.

Be specific.

Colonoscopy is an invasive diagnostic test.

I'm comparing Cologuard to other non-invasive "screening" tests like the FIT test that people like 82gradDLSdad gets at Kaiser Health Group.

FIT sports only a 20% sensitivity for precancers.

Cologuard is at 42%

High grade dysplasia (HGD) is currently at 69% and initial studies show it to achieve 75% sensitivity in Cologuard 2.0

HGD is precancer thats about to turn into full blown colon cancer.

I know that. But people may think you are marketing it as a good alternative to a colonoscopy. I am just advising folks that it sucks at screening for precancerous polyps. I never once said a colonoscopy was noninvasive.
DiabloWags
oski003 said:

I know that. But people may think you are marketing it as a good alternative to a colonoscopy. I am just advising folks that it sucks at screening for precancerous polyps. I never once said a colonoscopy was noninvasive.

I repeat: The FIT test only sports a 20% sensitivity to pre-cancers. Cologuard is 42%.

Perhaps more importantly, Sessile Serrated Polyps (SSP) tend to show up in the proximal portion of the colon, which is more challenging for a GI doc to identify. They are "flat" type polyp that easily blend in with the tissue lining of the colon and they have a 35% higher chance of turning into full blown cancer compared to other polyps. Cologuard doesnt have a problem identifying these polyps given that the DNA is shed into the stool, regardless of location in the colon.

As I previously stated, scope time increases 45% when a GI physician is aware of a positive Cologuard test.
oski003
DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

I repeat: The FIT test only sports a 20% sensitivity to pre-cancers. Cologuard is 42%.

Perhaps more importantly, Sessile Serrated Polyps (SSP) tend to show up in the proximal portion of the colon, which is more challenging for a GI doc to identify. They are "flat" type polyp that easily blend in with the tissue lining of the colon and they have a 35% higher chance of turning into full blown cancer compared to other polyps. Cologuard doesnt have a problem identifying these polyps given that the DNA is shed into the stool, regardless of location in the colon.

As I previously stated, scope time increases 45% when a GI physician is aware of a positive Cologuard test.

The majority of large precancerous polyps cannot be detected with Cologuard. This may give patients a false sense that they are preventing colon cancer by taking the Cologuard test. In short, there is no true replacement for a colonoscopy.

Given your last sentence, which modifies the character of your original post, are you now suggesting Cologuard as a supplement to medically advised regularly scheduled Colonoscopies?
DiabloWags
You dont seem to be aware of how many people go unscreened and cancel their colonoscopy appointment at the last minute, to never reschedule within the next 12 months. (40%)

You also dont seem to be aware of the fact that there arent enough GI's around to actually fulfill the addressable colon cancer screening population.

You dont seem to understand that not everyone in the United States lives near an urban area where there is easy access to colonoscopy. Some have to travel hundreds of miles to a location, find hotel accomodations, incur travel expenses, and miss work for multiple days.

You also dont seem to understand that colonoscopy was never meant to be used as a mass population SCREENING test.

It's clearly a Diagnostic procedure.

How old are you?
Have you ever undergone a Colonoscopy?

oski003
DiabloWags said:

You dont seem to be aware of how many people go unscreened and cancel their colonoscopy appointment at the last minute, to never reschedule within the next 12 months. (40%)

You also dont seem to be aware of the fact that there arent enough GI's around to actually fulfill the addressable colon cancer screening population.

You dont seem to understand that not everyone in the United States lives near an urban area where there is easy access to colonoscopy. Some have to travel hundreds of miles to a location, find hotel accomodations, incur travel expenses, and miss work for multiple days.

You also dont seem to understand that colonoscopy was never meant to be used as a mass population SCREENING test.

It's clearly a Diagnostic procedure.

How old are you?
Have you ever undergone a Colonoscopy?

I don't disagree with anything you just said. I am glad we both agree that Cologuard doesn't replace Colonoscopies, even if you feel there aren't enough GI's to screen the addressable population each year. Please don't argue for the sake of arguing. My comments on your initial Pfizer promo were valid and filled in the missing information you and Exact Science excluded from their PR.
DiabloWags
oski003 said:

I don't disagree with anything you just said. I am glad we both agree that Cologuard doesn't replace Colonoscopies, even if you feel there aren't enough GI's to screen the addressable population each year. Please don't argue for the sake of arguing. My comments on your initial Pfizer promo were valid and filled in the missing information you and Exact Science excluded from their PR.

Neither I (or Exact Sciences) have ever claimed that Cologuard is a replacement for colonoscopy.
One is a screening tool. The other is a diagnostic procedure.

You clearly dont know the difference.
DiabloWags

Equally noteworthy is your refusal to answer how old you are.
And whether you've ever had a colonoscopy.
Or ever screened for colon cancer.

But hey.
You're an EXPERT in all things medical.

Vaccine Redux - Vax up and go to Class - Page 107 | Bear Insider

oski003
DiabloWags said:

Equally noteworthy is your refusal to answer how old you are.
And whether you've ever had a colonoscopy.
Or ever screened for colon cancer.

But hey.
You're an EXPERT in all things medical.

Vaccine Redux - Vax up and go to Class - Page 107 | Bear Insider

And you get all crazy because I clarified something you posted. I am in my mid 40s, and my grandpa died of colon cancer. My wife is a doctor, along with a large portion of my family and friends. I pity you and your inability to correct yourself.
DiabloWags
And you "pumped" this from nearly $300 all the way down to single digits in the VACCINE THREAD.

I pity you and your inability to "correct" yourself.

oski003
DiabloWags said:

And you "pumped" this from nearly $300 all the way down to single digits in the VACCINE THREAD.

I pity you and your inability to "correct" yourself.

Hmmm... That never actually happened though. Sorry man.
Cal88
This guy gets it:

Big C
Cal88 said:

This guy gets it:

Broken Clock Syndrome. Wait, I take that back: He might be right two-hundred times a day -- I don't know or even want to know -- but he's seriously wrong on enough things to where, no, he doesn't get it.

Wow, what was wrong with his voice, was he trying to do his best Gavin Newsom?

Also, was that Elizabeth Vargas doing the interview? I used to have a major crush on her, after the turn of the century (back when I was single).

I will say, if RFK hadn't been assassinated, he might just have gone on to win the '68 election. The dude was seriously taking off, that May and early June. And that would be a fun discussion: How would America be different today, if Bobby Kennedy had been President, instead of Nixon?
Cal88
^ He has had some kind of medical condition that affected his vocal chords.
Big C
^^^ Maybe the 'roids caused his throat to swell (better 'roids than vaccines, right?). ^^^
BearHunter

Trump released 80% of the declassified files on the JFK assassination The remaining 20% is still classified. This is what we know.

Lee Harvey Oswald was an FBI informant and received a 1099 form for being on their payroll.
He attended a foreign language school in North Carolina run by the CIA and learned Russian.
Four of the Watergate burglars were on the ground in Dealey Plaza, Dallas Texas.
Lyndon B. Johnson was a member of the KKK in Texas.
Big C

Roger Stone just oozes credibility...
dajo9
BearHunter said:

Trump released 80% of the declassified files on the JFK assassination The remaining 20% is still classified. This is what we know.

Lee Harvey Oswald was an FBI informant and received a 1099 form for being on their payroll.
He attended a foreign language school in North Carolina run by the CIA and learned Russian.
Lyndon B. Johnson was a member of the KKK in Texas.

For 50 years the FBI went after liberals and you didn't care. Then they investigated your cult leader (poorly) and now I have an ally in repealing and replacing the FBI. Let's go!
American Vermin
BearHunter
Big C said:

Roger Stone just oozes credibility...
Facts are facts. It's either true or not.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.