The Non-Yogi Israel-Palestine war thread

189,414 Views | 2533 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by tequila4kapp
movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Biden / Blinken started a proxy war with Russia, not President Trump. 500K KIA Ukranians, 75K amputees, maybe 100K Russians killed.
Unit2Sucks
Found some anti-zionists.

Meidas Grifter Bros
CaliforniaEternal said:

You antisemites are sick, deranged people. What next, you'll send mobs to every synagogue in the US for supporting Israel? That won't end well for you people.
What do you mean "you people"?

CaliforniaEternal
It is very unfortunate and surprising to me that there would be political extremists like Cal88 on a Cal message board. It doesn't make much sense but then again, I did learn about someone I know who was likewise radicalized and took part in that Bay Bridge shutdown. She was a Haas grad, had a very promising career, but threw it all away and over the years kept drifting further and further into a very angry crowd. Well, at least they all put themselves so we know who to avoid.
Cal88
CaliforniaEternal said:

Let's be very clear, not all antimsemites are violent antisemites. That does not make their mob protest agreeable. The keyboard warrior antisemites like you deny crimes committed against Jews, peddle in conspiracy theories, and demonize Israel while praising those who preach hate against Jews. Maybe if you remind yourself that the internet is a Zionist invention you can choose not to use it and that will help everyone out.

Just because Al Gore is a zionist doesn't mean that I shouldn't reply to outlandish slanderous posts like this one here.

Israel is demonizing itself by carpet bombing a densely populated city and killing helpless civilians by the thousands. Those are the crimes that are being denied here.

Cal88
bear2034
Unit2Sucks said:

You don't have to look very far. Seeing all this anti-Semitism coming from the left has been a very unsettling experience for them.
Cal88
Col. Kwiatkowski on the war in Gaza

Marine vet and Senior Fellow with the Center For International Policy Mathiew Hoh

MacGregor's assessment on the gepolitics and military aspects
movielover
And Biden / Blinken / Obama condone the carpet bombing of Gaza... indeed, they're probably backfilling their ammunitions and bunker buster bombs, and we have 2-3 aircraft carriers deployed to the region.
Meidas Grifter Bros
bear2034 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

You don't have to look very far. Seeing all this anti-Semitism coming from the left has been a very unsettling experience for them.

Unit2Sucks
CaliforniaEternal said:

It is very unfortunate and surprising to me that there would be political extremists like Cal88 on a Cal message board. It doesn't make much sense but then again, I did learn about someone I know who was likewise radicalized and took part in that Bay Bridge shutdown. She was a Haas grad, had a very promising career, but threw it all away and over the years kept drifting further and further into a very angry crowd. Well, at least they all put themselves so we know who to avoid.
Exactly, when they tell you who they are, we should listen.

Just like Hamas told us who they were (again, as if it needed to be reiterated) on October 7th.

The video evidence of the depravity isn't public, but the reports are harrowing.

tequila4kapp
Cal88 said:

Hamas kills Jews.
Hamas has vowed to kill more Jews.
Hamas' mission statement calls for the destruction of Israel and killing Jews.

Does Israel have a right to kill Hamas as a means of defending itself?

Hamas intentionally places itself and its weapons immediately in the vicinity of civilians.

What is Israel supposed to do? How does Israel destroy Hamas without civilian casualties?
tequila4kapp
Cal88 said:

Israel is demonizing itself by carpet bombing a densely populated city and killing helpless civilians by the thousands. Those are the crimes that are being denied here.
I wish you would be more careful with your words.

This is carpet bombing

This is Israel bombing in Gaza

The fact that Gaza is densely populated and Hamas integrates itself into civilians infrastructure / populations to maximize civilian casualties does not mean Israel is carpet bombing.
wifeisafurd
movielover said:

And Biden / Blinken / Obama condone the carpet bombing of Gaza... indeed, they're probably backfilling their ammunitions and bunker buster bombs, and we have 2-3 aircraft carriers deployed to the region.
We are also engaged in retaliatory bombing against radical groups in the region on almost a daily basis. It just doesn't get any coverage in the mainstream press.
bearister
tequila4kapp said:

What is Israel supposed to do? How does Israel destroy Hamas without civilian casualties?

I'm not a military expert so none of these options may be viable….I just don't trust Bibi's opinion on the matter.
Oh, and this article is more than a month old so the train pulled out of the station already with regard to the options discussed.

What Israel should do now
Israel's current approach is clearly wrong. Here's a better way to fight Hamas and win.

https://www.vox.com/2023/10/20/23919946/israel-hamas-war-gaza-palestine-ground-invasion-strategy

"After the 9/11 attacks, the United States faced a momentous choice: should it engage in a narrowly targeted counterterrorism campaign, one designed to bring Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda to justice, or attempt to fight terrorism and remake the Middle East through much more expansive wars of regime change?

The US made the latter choice and blundered into one of the greatest foreign policy disasters in the country's 250-year history.

I fear that Israel is on the verge of making the same mistake.

….. But at the same time, Israel cannot simply do nothing. Governments have an obligation to protect their citizens. With Israelis still sifting through evidence of torture, and captives languishing in Hamas custody, nearly everyone in Israel agrees that the country must fight to create an environment where a repeat of this attack becomes unthinkable.

…. Israel should launch a targeted counterrorism operation aimed at Hamas leadership and the fighters directly involved in the October 7 attack, one that focuses on minimizing both civilian casualties and the scope of ground operations in Gaza.

"Go in for a few weeks or less, trying to find Hamas leaders and destroying tunnels, weapons caches, etc," says Dan Byman, a professor at Georgetown who studies Israeli counterterrorism.

…. Hamas is an antisemitic organization dedicated to wiping Israel off the map; Israelis are entirely justified in wanting its regime eliminated.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Unit2Sucks
bearister said:

tequila4kapp said:

…. Israel should launch a targeted counterrorism operation aimed at Hamas leadership and the fighters directly involved in the October 7 attack, one that focuses on minimizing both civilian casualties and the scope of ground operations in Gaza.

"Go in for a few weeks or less, trying to find Hamas leaders and destroying tunnels, weapons caches, etc," says Dan Byman, a professor at Georgetown who studies Israeli counterterrorism.

This sounds great but Hamas' nominal leaders are all in other countries - these aren't Napoleon types, they're fat cats who profit from Palestinian misery. And even if you get their "leaders", Tehran will just install new ones. I would like to see the billionaire "leaders" of Hamas brought to justice (ideally in the ICC) but taking them off the chess board won't lead to peace.

As for the rest, it's virtually impossible to separate Hamas fighters from innocent civilians. They all have freedom of movement and it's not like they have identifying tattoos or wear uniforms. Some can probably be identified based on footage from the 10/7 atrocities, but that's just a fraction of the fighters. Israel certainly needs to eliminate Hamas' capabilities which is why they wanted all of the civilians to leave Gaza City. It's not like they could perform ops while the city is still occupied without Hamas causing even more civilian harm. This certainly doesn't end with tunnels intact and/or weapons stashes in UNRWA schools and hospitals.
tequila4kapp
From Israael's perspective this isn't just about the Hamas' leaders. It is a realization they cannot have antisemitic neighbors hell bent on eliminating them. See Netenyahu's reported statements resisting the WH's call for a reformed PA to take over...the PA, with its paying of terrorist families and school propaganda that foments antisemitism is really no better.

Israel is in a terrible position of probably needing to occupy and control Gaza. If there was any Palestinian entity that would acknowledge Israel's right to exist...maybe in a perfect world we could have something approaching US & Japan after WW2 but even there the Japanese never believed the US had no right to exist.
bearister
"….but Hamas' nominal leaders are all in other countries - these aren't Napoleon types,"*

Munich operation.

*Killing 20k people in Gaza doesn't solve that problem either.
tequila4kapp
20K?

Wasn't it 15K last week, 5K of whom were reportedly Hamas?
bearister
Oh, you think it's over? I was conservatively rounding up.
Meidas Grifter Bros

movielover
tequila4kapp said:

From Israael's perspective this isn't just about the Hamas' leaders. It is a realization they cannot have antisemitic neighbors hell bent on eliminating them. See Netenyahu's reported statements resisting the WH's call for a reformed PA to take over...the PA, with its paying of terrorist families and school propaganda that foments antisemitism is really no better.

Israel is in a terrible position of probably needing to occupy and control Gaza. If there was any Palestinian entity that would acknowledge Israel's right to exist...maybe in a perfect world we could have something approaching US & Japan after WW2 but even there the Japanese never believed the US had no right to exist.

Why not import a few million Central and South Americans to change the culture and intermarry?
movielover
bearister said:

"….but Hamas' nominal leaders are all in other countries - these aren't Napoleon types,"*

Munich operation.

*Killing 20k people in Gaza doesn't solve that problem either.

^^This^^ And if a few Qatari's get caught in the crossfire, oh well.
CaliforniaEternal
Yesterday three learned women from so called elite universities gave some of the most morally deranged and outrageous testimony in front of Congress. Today, they're scrambling and trying to undo the damage. The rot in the ivory towers is deep.

cbbass1
tequila4kapp said:

Genocide Joe said:

CaliforniaEternal said:

The UN is nothing more than a front to funnel billions of dollars to Hamas, support their Islamist agenda, and provide a forum for all of the world's most oppressive countries to demonize Israel.

Sure, very believable...especially since Hamas never attacked and it was really Israel killing all those Jews.
This was a courageous act of Journalism on the part of Haaretz. They researched & verified ALL the claims, especially the ones that went viral, and separated truth from fiction & embellishment.

There's no doubt that Hamas's 10/7 attack was vicious and brutal, and because so many innocent civilians were attacked & killed, qualifies as a war crime.

However, the wild exaggerations about beheading babies, etc., are futile attempts to further dehumanize Palestinians, and to justify the genocide & ethnic cleansing that Israel's Likud/Zionist extremists have intended to do for years.

Those egregiously embellished stories are still being used to re-emphasize the cruelty of the Hamas attackers on 10/7 in order to justify Netanyahu & the IDF's 10x cruelty in the indiscriminate bombing of Gaza, and the killing of 15,000 Palestinians, most of whom are women and children.

The blockade of all food & water from Gaza is a war crime.

The indiscriminate killing of innocent civilians is a war crime.

There are two options here:
  • Stop the killing, and start working toward a 2-state solution (which Netanyahu & the Zionists hate) -- OR --;
  • World War 3 (which Netanyahu & the Zionists want, but the American People don't want, and don't want to pay for).

The Middle East, other than Israel, has made it clear that they do NOT want a broader war. However, they will not stand by and watch the massacre & ethnic cleansing of Gaza, and the West Bank, without coming to their defense in one way or another.

sycasey
cbbass1 said:

There are two options here:
  • Stop the killing, and start working toward a 2-state solution (which Netanyahu & the Zionists hate) -- OR --;

So look . . . I would likely agree with you about Netnayahu and Israel's government having more of the power and agency here, but it's worth noting that Hamas doesn't want a 2-state solution either. It is a little bit more complex than just Israel changing their tune.
bear2034
CaliforniaEternal said:

Yesterday three learned women from so called elite universities gave some of the most morally deranged and outrageous testimony in front of Congress. Today, they're scrambling and trying to undo the damage. The rot in the ivory towers is deep.

Are we supposed to laugh or cry?
wifeisafurd
bear2034 said:

CaliforniaEternal said:

Lot of funny stuff regardless of one's poltical views being leveled at the school Presidents, not just by Babylon Bee. Also enjoyed when men can cry, despite the unnecessary gay stuff.
wifeisafurd
bear2034 said:

CaliforniaEternal said:

I guess Congress is not laughing, as they are going to investigate anti-semitism at Harvard per The Harvard Crimson.

http://disq.us/t/4kv670y

Two thoughts. It doesn't sound like Harvard alum Stefanki will be making her donation this year. The other is I'm glad I'm not the President of a major college these days. There is a move by Harvard alums to dump the current President, as she runs the gauntlet between pissing off students or alums.
tequila4kapp
UPenn just had a 100M donation withdrawn.
Chapman_is_Gone

Go Jews!!!
Zippergate
Two thoughts. It doesn't sound like Harvard alum Stefanki will be making her donation this year. The other is I'm glad I'm not the President of a major college these days. There is a move by Harvard alums to dump the current President, as she runs the gauntlet between pissing off students or alums.

I dunno. Harvard could set sane, reasonable standards of conduct and discourse and dismiss any student who refuses to abide by them. Problem solved.
Cal88
So we hate campus cancel culture, but off with their heads if they dare protest the wholescale massacre in Gaza...
Big C
Cal88 said:

So we hate campus cancel culture, but off with their heads if they dare protest the wholescale massacre in Gaza...

I'm fine to see these "progressives" support the Palestinian people and condemn the Israeli govt, if they want, but when they start to sound like they are supporting Hamas and attacking Jews, that's when they leave me cold.

These extreme positions on both sides... that's why these people just can't stop fighting. It'd be nice if we could divest from that entire area. If we need to, give the Israelis one of the Dakotas or something.
Biden Sucks 6
CaliforniaEternal said:

Quote:

We have obtained access to thousands of the group's WhatsApp messages dating back to mid-October, and an intricate spreadsheet where group participants request and claim tasks ranging from social media responses to IDF support shipments. Separately, we have viewed a number of video meetings charting best practices for "hasbara" an Israeli term of art for "public diplomacy" whose detractors see it as a euphemism for propaganda -- that offer a window into Israel's public-relations war that is not limited to the tech sector.

In addition to Moshe, the WhatsApp group includes prominent Silicon Valley venture capitalist Jeff Epstein a former CFO of Oracle and Andy David, a diplomat-cum-venture capitalist who also serves as the Israeli foreign ministry's head of innovation, entrepreneurship, and tech.

The WhatsApp group, officially named the "J-Ventures Global Kibbutz Group," is a project of J-Ventures, a U.S.-Israeli investment fund that calls itself a "capitalist kibbutz" -- a reference to Israel's historically collectivist farming communities. Hermoni, the WhatsApp group's founder, is a managing director of J-Ventures, and David, the foreign ministry official, is internally listed by J-Ventures as a member of the "PR/Political Team" that makes decisions on messaging and lobbying.

The WhatsApp group, spreadsheet, and various video discussions offer a rare public glimpse of how Israel and its American allies harness Israel's influential tech sector and tech diaspora to run cover for the Jewish state as it endures scrutiny over the humanitarian impact of its invasion of Gaza.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.