THE OFFICIAL BEARINSIDER tRUMP THEY CALL IT STORMY MONDAY THREAD

23,005 Views | 504 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by oski003
82gradDLSdad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
concordtom said:

82gradDLSdad said:

concordtom said:

82gradDLSdad said:

concordtom said:

tequila4kapp said:

WalterSobchak said:

Quote:

The question here is whether due process requires that [one] theory be considered by the jury apart from [another] theory, and that the jury be unanimous on one theory or the other, even though the Legislature expressly intended that the two coexist in the same subparagraph of the statute. We conclude it does not.
People v. Mateo, 2 N.Y.3d 383, 406 (N.Y. 2004)

That does not appear to be on point. The cited case appears to involve two concurrent theories offered in support of a murder 1 conviction. The Trump case gets a little circular, but Bragg is required to prove intent on a felony, at least as an element of the charged offense and possibly as a predicate for the misdemeanor charges not expiring on SOL.

Kapp,
I've enjoyed your posts on the sports forums for a looooong time now.
But this is truly kinda fun watching you semi-meltdown (along with DLS) over this.
Both of you guys disapprove of Trump not insignificantly, but your Republican identity is in heavy conflict with your leader's demise.

My only advice would be to just let it go, let him go. Cleanse yourself of the filth that poisons your mind!!

I hope you're not referring to me. (there is another DLS name on here so maybe I got this wrong). But I voted for Biden in 2020!! My only dem vote in my short voting life. Geez.

Yes. I was referring to you.
I said you disapprove of trump - I got that right.
But I believe you also are having a hard time with the skewering of Trump; am I wrong?

Yes, you are wrong. He is horrible. The fact that he has a chance of being elected shows how ****ed up we are. And I don't mean just the Republicans who will vote for him.

Okay. Received.
But what's your impression of this trial? Did I get you wrong here?

I don't follow any of this. Trump probably should have been in jail many times. My Republican friends all think I'm a Democrat because I talk so much **** about Trump. I will probably stop voting again until normalcy comes back. I probably will be dead by then.
chazzed
For 20 Years, I Couldn't Say What Donald Trump Did on the Set of The Apprentice. Now I Can.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/20-years-couldn-t-donald-093500287.html
concordtom
82gradDLSdad said:

concordtom said:

82gradDLSdad said:

concordtom said:

82gradDLSdad said:

concordtom said:

tequila4kapp said:

WalterSobchak said:

Quote:

The question here is whether due process requires that [one] theory be considered by the jury apart from [another] theory, and that the jury be unanimous on one theory or the other, even though the Legislature expressly intended that the two coexist in the same subparagraph of the statute. We conclude it does not.
People v. Mateo, 2 N.Y.3d 383, 406 (N.Y. 2004)

That does not appear to be on point. The cited case appears to involve two concurrent theories offered in support of a murder 1 conviction. The Trump case gets a little circular, but Bragg is required to prove intent on a felony, at least as an element of the charged offense and possibly as a predicate for the misdemeanor charges not expiring on SOL.

Kapp,
I've enjoyed your posts on the sports forums for a looooong time now.
But this is truly kinda fun watching you semi-meltdown (along with DLS) over this.
Both of you guys disapprove of Trump not insignificantly, but your Republican identity is in heavy conflict with your leader's demise.

My only advice would be to just let it go, let him go. Cleanse yourself of the filth that poisons your mind!!

I hope you're not referring to me. (there is another DLS name on here so maybe I got this wrong). But I voted for Biden in 2020!! My only dem vote in my short voting life. Geez.

Yes. I was referring to you.
I said you disapprove of trump - I got that right.
But I believe you also are having a hard time with the skewering of Trump; am I wrong?

Yes, you are wrong. He is horrible. The fact that he has a chance of being elected shows how ****ed up we are. And I don't mean just the Republicans who will vote for him.

Okay. Received.
But what's your impression of this trial? Did I get you wrong here?

I don't follow any of this. Trump probably should have been in jail many times. My Republican friends all think I'm a Democrat because I talk so much **** about Trump. I will probably stop voting again until normalcy comes back. I probably will be dead by then.
Hmmm.
I think maybe you've said you would never vote for Biden, and to that I argued that it opens the door for Trump, which would be a disaster, and that's why I have lumped you in as a Republican.

My point remains, Biden may not be attractive, but Trump and the MAGA party (aka Republicans Party) is currently insane. The difference is so immense that everyone must vote Biden in order to slay Trumpism.
Once Trumpism is slayed, and normalcy has returned, go ahead and slay Biden.

As the man says, "Don't compare me to the almighty. Compare me to the alternative."
It's no contest.

Keep slaying Trump with your friends. Thumbs up to that.
concordtom
chazzed said:

For 20 Years, I Couldn't Say What Donald Trump Did on the Set of The Apprentice. Now I Can.

You won't mind if I repost this 10,000 times, will you?

Great article!

20 year confidentiality lockup just expired. HA!
chazzed
concordtom said:

chazzed said:

You won't mind if I repost this 10,000 times, will you?

Great article!

20 year confidentiality lockup just expired. HA!
It is a fascinating article, yeah.
bear2034

Believe All Women.
AunBear89
Melt down in 5…4..3…
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
bearister
Can't see there being 12 crooked jurors acquitting unless FSB hitman threatend all 12.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Eastern Oregon Bear
Guilty on all 34 counts!
bear2034
chazzed said:

FJB is the only one on camera saying things that others are accusing of Trump saying.
AunBear89
All 34.

But Sleepy Joe has dementia! And he masterminded this entire lawfare scheme!
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
bear2034
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Guilty on all 34 counts!
Does this mean Trump's election win is guaranteed?
AunBear89
The Party of Law and Order.

bear2034
AunBear89 said:

All 34.

But Sleepy Joe has dementia! And he masterminded this entire lawfare scheme!

Why then did the cult install someone with dementia as their cult leader?
concordtom
NEW POST-EVENT THREAD FOR ALL THOSE MIGRATING FROM OTHER BOARDS.
SWITCH TO THIS:

https://bearinsider.com/forums/6/topics/120940/replies/2339197
AunBear89
I have no idea. You are the cult member, but I wouldn't call your leader demented, just dumb, craven, and shallow.
bear2034
AunBear89 said:

I have no idea. You are the cult member, but I wouldn't call your leader demented, just dumb, craven, and shallow.

Of course you do. Not only does he have dementia, he's also compromised, and therefore, easy to manipulate by the other cult members.
Eastern Oregon Bear
AunBear89 said:

Dumb, craven, shallow and convicted.
WalterSobchak
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Guilty on all 34 counts!
I guess this kinda makes the whole "they don't even have to be unanimous" disinformation campaign moot now LOL.
Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/donation/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 10% of alumni to give $300 per year. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear

Thanks for reading my sig! Please consider copying or adapting it and using it on all of your posts too. Go Bears!
bearister
bearister
concordtom
bearister said:

You're wrong:

AunBear89
The next 24 hours should be quite entertaining as we watch the wheels fall off the GQP clown car here on BI and everywhere else.

bear2034
AunBear89 said:

Melt down in 5…4..3…
Wait for it in 5...4..3.......
bear2034
AunBear89 said:

The next 24 hours should be quite entertaining as we watch the wheels fall off the GQP clown car here on BI and everywhere else.

Good idea. Let's see how other Republicans are responding and see who's silent.

bearister
Hopefully those 34 felony convictions can work their way into some sort of legislation that makes him ineligible for a State funeral.
They can bury him in a piano case next to Ivana off the 1st tee box at Bedminster.

*With a sign that says that if your golf ball comes to rest on the grave marker that you get no relief and have to play it where it lies.
concordtom
AunBear89 said:

HA HA HA HA

I'm Stealing This GIF!!!!!
chazzed
The "law and order party" will surely step up now. On its 3,205th chance.

bearister
blungld
Do you not even for a moment witness your denial of fact? He was found guilty by a jury on EVERY count. Like indisputable. But you for some reason are just going to act like he's innocent. Every time there is actual review of fact and evidence MAGA fails and yet you still just believe insinuation or party line. You keep going with obvious lies. Isn't time to really consider that you have given up on your own morality and reality? Do you really truly honestly believe he is innocent? Come on. You know he did it and did the other three convictions too.

Trump is not you. It's okay to let him go. He is not important. There are better people. You presumably are a better person. Why in the world would you invest so much ego and denial of truth for a person like him?
BearNIt
bearister said:

Wasn't this supposed to be the weakest of the cases brought against Colonel Bone Spur?
No wonder they don't want the other cases to move forward.
bear2034
blungld said:

Do you not even for a moment witness your denial of fact? He was found guilty by a jury on EVERY count. Like indisputable. But you for some reason are just going to act like he's innocent. Every time there is actual review of fact and evidence MAGA fails and yet you still just believe insinuation or party line. You keep going with obvious lies. Isn't time to really consider that you have given up on your own morality and reality? Do you really truly honestly believe he is innocent? Come on. You know he did it and did the other three convictions too.

Trump is not you. It's okay to let him go. He is not important. There are better people. You presumably are a better person. Why in the world would you invest so much ego and denial of truth for a person like him?

Like Aunbear said, it's going to be entertaining watching you guys gloat and then later cry.
bearister

chazzed

bearister
BI Right Wingers reaction to verdict:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.