Off Topic
Sponsored by

Mitch McConnell's Weekend At Bernie's

14,779 Views | 177 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by SBGold
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mitch looks like Shaye Saint John in that proof of life photo:



“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
cbbass1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He's dead, Jim.

Dr. McCoy - He's dead, Jim
SBGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I suggest the daily beast's swamp newsletter, so tough questions about Mitch in the latest one:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/politician-finally-dares-to-ask-if-missing-mitch-is-dead/

VOTE BLUE and Free Wags
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone seen Mitch lately?

https://www.independent.co.uk/bulletin/news/mitch-mcconnell-health-andy-beshear-broken-senate-b3033596.html
cbbass1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
concordtom said:

SBGold said:

Rigor tortoise has set in.



Rigor Tortoise…. Bahaha.
That's funny as hell.

However, I think you're wrong.
It's a MASSIVE crime to not report a death. He might be on life support, be brain dead, a vegetable for all I know. But he's not dead.

Massive crime?

That's never stopped them before...
cbbass1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gov. Beshear needs to buck up & name a replacement for Sen. Mitch McConnell. Then we'll see what they've got.

Evidence talks. B.S. walks.
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cbbass1 said:

concordtom said:

SBGold said:

Rigor tortoise has set in.



Rigor Tortoise…. Bahaha.
That's funny as hell.

However, I think you're wrong.
It's a MASSIVE crime to not report a death. He might be on life support, be brain dead, a vegetable for all I know. But he's not dead.

Massive crime?

That's never stopped them before...


Good point.
I keep thinking in the good old days when America was great. Stupid me, MAGA took over and wrecked much of what we had going for us.
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cbbass1 said:

Gov. Beshear needs to buck up & name a replacement for Sen. Mitch McConnell. Then we'll see what they've got.

Evidence talks. B.S. walks.



Can't someone with a search warrant simply knock on the door?
Eastern Oregon Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
concordtom said:

cbbass1 said:

Gov. Beshear needs to buck up & name a replacement for Sen. Mitch McConnell. Then we'll see what they've got.

Evidence talks. B.S. walks.



Can't someone with a search warrant simply knock on the door?
I once did a welfare check on a guy who had taken a couple of thousands of dollars in orders for a green coffee bean co-op I was a member of and hadn't shipped the beans for a few months. I wasn't personally out any money, but I lived the nearest to him, so I called his local police department, explained the situation and asked them to see if he was OK. They had no problem with doing that. Apparently he had a minor heart attack and decided not to let anyone know what was going on. When the cops knocked on his door, he was embarrassed enough to emerge from privacy and start shipping the beans that had been paid for.

Anyway, I imagine any citizen could at least ask for a welfare check on Mitch McConnell. However, it might be too much of a hot potato for the cops to take it up.
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
concordtom said:

cbbass1 said:

Gov. Beshear needs to buck up & name a replacement for Sen. Mitch McConnell. Then we'll see what they've got.

Evidence talks. B.S. walks.



Can't someone with a search warrant simply knock on the door?

Doesn't there have to be realistic suspicion of a crime and that there would be evidence for it in that building for a judge to issue a search warrant? Don't think the McConnell situation is that.
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wherever Shelly Miscavige is, Mitch is nearby.
“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was going to make this its own thread asking WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

This happened yesterday morning to me:




Here's a situation that merits equal opportunity for response. No red or blue, just California citizens.

I have a friend that I have known since eighth grade. He comes from a large family and they have multiple rental properties in the East Bay.

One of the brothers is completely unhinged. About 46. He has drinking and drug addiction issues. He has totaled multiple cars in high-speed accidents. He looks like a disheveled homeless person with meth mouth. He lives at various properties owned by his parents, which are completely mismanaged, most not even rented. They are just disgusting, dirty, full of garbage with immense deferred maintenance. He is violently aggressive in his talk and has no regard for other people that I can tell.


Chapter 1

I found myself at one of their apartment buildings in Berkeley with him a couple of years ago. He was asking me to help him remove some loose roof tiles from the three-story building by holding onto him with a strong hand grip or tying him off with a random rope and lower him down. His plan was to knock the tiles down to the concrete sidewalk below.

I told him that there was no way I was going to take part in this unsafe plan. Seeing that I was not going to help, he went into one of the apartments and grabbed whatever barricades he could to stop pedestrians from walking the sidewalk below. He then took a long stick with him up to the roof and proceeded to knock terra-cotta tiles off, sending them crashing below. During this time he was bragging to me about how he would kill people who messed with him, and he was occasionally yelling at random passersby, scaring them for no reason.

A third brother had put him up to this, so I contacted him and told him how unsafe this was, and if anything should happen to his Brother such as falling off of the roof or injury to somebody walking by, he himself would be liable for his dangerous instructions as the building manager.

The third brother ended up telling all the rest of the siblings and they all ganged up on my friend for including me in family business. Typical, right?


Chapter 2

10 days ago, I got a call from my friend in Utah saying that the crazy brother has asked him to come out again in order to help with another property. He says in a begging kind of way, "do it for the family". I tell my friend that since he only has five days, he should fly instead of drive.

A couple of days later, I got a call from him and says that he is in town, that he ended up driving, but that he and crazy brother were arguing so much that it was a bad decision to come and he wants to Return ASAP. I tell him to come to my house where he can sleep and drive back without falling asleep driving across the desert.

So he comes to my house and we spend 24 hours together so that he can calm down and rest up. He ends up telling me how crazy Brother threw a brick at his car, said that he was going to kill himself. "People better watch out I'm taking people with me." Further, he said something about taking out his estranged six-year-old son in LA. We discuss how my brother died from addiction issues two years ago, comparing notes again as we have over the years, and how this is very disturbing. My friend tells me how his brother has a gun, something that never would've been the case with my brother.

But, we do nothing and my friend returns to Utah in a much better mood.


Chapter 3

I received a call this morning from my friend. He had called his crazy brother to check in on him. The man was on a bus or a train returning from LA. He said goodbye to his brother, my friend, that he's going to end his life, as there is nothing left for him in this one. The conversation is short and the crazy brother hangs up abruptly. Click.



There is more, but I'll stop there and allow you to respond. What do you do? Stick your nose into other people's business?
movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sounds like he needs an intervention, or to be temporarily committed.
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
concordtom said:

I was going to make this its own thread asking WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

This happened yesterday morning to me:




Here's a situation that merits equal opportunity for response. No red or blue, just California citizens.

I have a friend that I have known since eighth grade. He comes from a large family and they have multiple rental properties in the East Bay.

One of the brothers is completely unhinged. About 46. He has drinking and drug addiction issues. He has totaled multiple cars in high-speed accidents. He looks like a disheveled homeless person with meth mouth. He lives at various properties owned by his parents, which are completely mismanaged, most not even rented. They are just disgusting, dirty, full of garbage with immense deferred maintenance. He is violently aggressive in his talk and has no regard for other people that I can tell.


Chapter 1

I found myself at one of their apartment buildings in Berkeley with him a couple of years ago. He was asking me to help him remove some loose roof tiles from the three-story building by holding onto him with a strong hand grip or tying him off with a random rope and lower him down. His plan was to knock the tiles down to the concrete sidewalk below.

I told him that there was no way I was going to take part in this unsafe plan. Seeing that I was not going to help, he went into one of the apartments and grabbed whatever barricades he could to stop pedestrians from walking the sidewalk below. He then took a long stick with him up to the roof and proceeded to knock terra-cotta tiles off, sending them crashing below. During this time he was bragging to me about how he would kill people who messed with him, and he was occasionally yelling at random passersby, scaring them for no reason.

A third brother had put him up to this, so I contacted him and told him how unsafe this was, and if anything should happen to his Brother such as falling off of the roof or injury to somebody walking by, he himself would be liable for his dangerous instructions as the building manager.

The third brother ended up telling all the rest of the siblings and they all ganged up on my friend for including me in family business. Typical, right?


Chapter 2

10 days ago, I got a call from my friend in Utah saying that the crazy brother has asked him to come out again in order to help with another property. He says in a begging kind of way, "do it for the family". I tell my friend that since he only has five days, he should fly instead of drive.

A couple of days later, I got a call from him and says that he is in town, that he ended up driving, but that he and crazy brother were arguing so much that it was a bad decision to come and he wants to Return ASAP. I tell him to come to my house where he can sleep and drive back without falling asleep driving across the desert.

So he comes to my house and we spend 24 hours together so that he can calm down and rest up. He ends up telling me how crazy Brother threw a brick at his car, said that he was going to kill himself. "People better watch out I'm taking people with me." Further, he said something about taking out his estranged six-year-old son in LA. We discuss how my brother died from addiction issues two years ago, comparing notes again as we have over the years, and how this is very disturbing. My friend tells me how his brother has a gun, something that never would've been the case with my brother.

But, we do nothing and my friend returns to Utah in a much better mood.


Chapter 3

I received a call this morning from my friend. He had called his crazy brother to check in on him. The man was on a bus or a train returning from LA. He said goodbye to his brother, my friend, that he's going to end his life, as there is nothing left for him in this one. The conversation is short and the crazy brother hangs up abruptly. Click.



There is more, but I'll stop there and allow you to respond. What do you do? Stick your nose into other people's business?


I think the police need to be called and crazy brother should be put in a 72 hour psych hold as he has threatened harm to "himself or others". Sending the police after him could lead to a tragic ending but realistically this is about protecting the public as much as it is about protecting the crazy brother. Crazy brother needs help that he isn't going to get on the street. And the street needs to be protected from crazy brother.

Also, if the family can't hire businesses to appropriately fix their properties and put them into use they should sell them. Having crazy brother throw things off the roof is a recipe for getting sued and losing all family assets.
Censorship has always been a tool of the fascist
BearNIt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
concordtom said:

I was going to make this its own thread asking WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

This happened yesterday morning to me:




Here's a situation that merits equal opportunity for response. No red or blue, just California citizens.

I have a friend that I have known since eighth grade. He comes from a large family and they have multiple rental properties in the East Bay.

One of the brothers is completely unhinged. About 46. He has drinking and drug addiction issues. He has totaled multiple cars in high-speed accidents. He looks like a disheveled homeless person with meth mouth. He lives at various properties owned by his parents, which are completely mismanaged, most not even rented. They are just disgusting, dirty, full of garbage with immense deferred maintenance. He is violently aggressive in his talk and has no regard for other people that I can tell.


Chapter 1

I found myself at one of their apartment buildings in Berkeley with him a couple of years ago. He was asking me to help him remove some loose roof tiles from the three-story building by holding onto him with a strong hand grip or tying him off with a random rope and lower him down. His plan was to knock the tiles down to the concrete sidewalk below.

I told him that there was no way I was going to take part in this unsafe plan. Seeing that I was not going to help, he went into one of the apartments and grabbed whatever barricades he could to stop pedestrians from walking the sidewalk below. He then took a long stick with him up to the roof and proceeded to knock terra-cotta tiles off, sending them crashing below. During this time he was bragging to me about how he would kill people who messed with him, and he was occasionally yelling at random passersby, scaring them for no reason.

A third brother had put him up to this, so I contacted him and told him how unsafe this was, and if anything should happen to his Brother such as falling off of the roof or injury to somebody walking by, he himself would be liable for his dangerous instructions as the building manager.

The third brother ended up telling all the rest of the siblings and they all ganged up on my friend for including me in family business. Typical, right?


Chapter 2

10 days ago, I got a call from my friend in Utah saying that the crazy brother has asked him to come out again in order to help with another property. He says in a begging kind of way, "do it for the family". I tell my friend that since he only has five days, he should fly instead of drive.

A couple of days later, I got a call from him and says that he is in town, that he ended up driving, but that he and crazy brother were arguing so much that it was a bad decision to come and he wants to Return ASAP. I tell him to come to my house where he can sleep and drive back without falling asleep driving across the desert.

So he comes to my house and we spend 24 hours together so that he can calm down and rest up. He ends up telling me how crazy Brother threw a brick at his car, said that he was going to kill himself. "People better watch out I'm taking people with me." Further, he said something about taking out his estranged six-year-old son in LA. We discuss how my brother died from addiction issues two years ago, comparing notes again as we have over the years, and how this is very disturbing. My friend tells me how his brother has a gun, something that never would've been the case with my brother.

But, we do nothing and my friend returns to Utah in a much better mood.


Chapter 3

I received a call this morning from my friend. He had called his crazy brother to check in on him. The man was on a bus or a train returning from LA. He said goodbye to his brother, my friend, that he's going to end his life, as there is nothing left for him in this one. The conversation is short and the crazy brother hangs up abruptly. Click.



There is more, but I'll stop there and allow you to respond. What do you do? Stick your nose into other people's business?

Call the local police and give them a heads up that he may have a weapon and that he may be mentally unstable. They will do a welfare check. If he is mentally unstable and has access to weapons then depending on his interactions with police, they may confiscate the weapons. He sounds like he is paranoid and has made threats against the public or made statements about ending his life that alone is enough to place him on an involuntary 72hr hold for danger to self or danger to others. The key is to get him some help before he hurts someone or himself. I have done this numerous times, especially when firearms are involved and threats have been made. You may be able to do this anonymously if you ask for a welfare check or as a concerned citizen reporting someone who is yelling at people who are walking by. Do not feel bad, you could be saving his life or the life of someone else.
tequila4kapp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Call the police. Report that he's an addict with a gun who's at risk of self harm and has said he'd take other people with him. Ask for a welfare check - with mental health / addiction specialists - to be present.

This is not sticking your nose in other people's business. This is offering help to a person in need, but doing it in a way that lets the appropriate professionals handle it.
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I appreciate the comments. We are all in alignment. Here's what happened so far.

My friend and I agreed that police needed to be called. I called 911, and they patched me through to Amtrak police since he was on the train. Amtrak contacted Oakland PD as they saw his reservation in the system. Is the train pulled into the station, he saw police out there. I think they called his cell phone while he was on the train so he was alerted that there was some level of concern for him. So, as soon as the door is opened, he bolted and nobody has heard from him since.

I'm surprised nobody brought up the idea that came to me later on the other night, and that's that a week prior he said that he would take out his son with him. Well, he had just gone down to Los Angeles and on the train returning Said that he said goodbye to his son. How did we know that something bad hadn't already happened?

Well, I brought this up to my friend so he called the estranged ex-wife and alerted her. They were all fine, which is good.

But now the bad part of it all is that this guy who obviously has very serious problems his out and about. The police blew their chance to get him, and does anybody think that they will follow up on this after he ran away? I certainly don't.

What's more, let's say they had taken him in for a 5150, 72 hour hold. That would accomplish nothing, because he's just going to return to his drug addiction state shortly thereafter. There's no therapy and healing, just a pause.

During the 72 hours, he could be evaluated by psychiatrist and be placed on a 5250, which I think is a 30 day hold.
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The thing is, once drugs get in the brain, it changes the brain. Addiction works on a person just like the need for food and water works on a person. Starving people, thirsty people will do anything in order to survive, and it's the same way when you're on bad drug addiction. Manny can achieve sobriety, but many cannot, and their lives are forever affected, if not cut short.

People like to rip on me here (name calling) as a liberal or a damn Democrat or a socialist or whatever else, but when it comes to drugs, not to mention fiscal responsibility, I'm very conservative, they should be controlled and banned. The harm they cause is widespread and consistent across every race, religion, and every socioeconomic category.

Tell me a family who is unaffected by drug and alcohol, and I'll tell you a family that has about three people in it. Who here cannot think of a cousin or an aunt or a grandfather who wasn't a drunk, or injured by a drunk driver.

Heck, some people reading this right now might wanna take a look in the mirror.
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
concordtom said:

The thing is, once drugs get in the brain, it changes the brain. Addiction works on a person just like the need for food and water works on a person. Starving people, thirsty people will do anything in order to survive, and it's the same way when you're on bad drug addiction. Manny can achieve sobriety, but many cannot, and their lives are forever affected, if not cut short.

People like to rip on me here (name calling) as a liberal or a damn Democrat or a socialist or whatever else, but when it comes to drugs, not to mention fiscal responsibility, I'm very conservative, they should be controlled and banned. The harm they cause is widespread and consistent across every race, religion, and every socioeconomic category.

Tell me a family who is unaffected by drug and alcohol, and I'll tell you a family that has about three people in it. Who here cannot think of a cousin or an aunt or a grandfather who wasn't a drunk, or injured by a drunk driver.

Heck, some people reading this right now might wanna take a look in the mirror.



- the police probably called crazy brother for their own protection. Can't blame them.
- many drugs are banned and it may reduce the problem but it doesn't remove the problem.
- are you saying you want to ban alcohol. Alcohol and weed are socially accepted. They need to be regulated, not banned.
- I'm sorry to hear you are fiscally conservative. Fiscal conservatives explode the debt every chance they get. I am fiscally liberal which means paying for what you want and having low debt.
Censorship has always been a tool of the fascist
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dajo9 said:

Fiscal conservatives explode the debt every chance they get.


Uh….. don't package me with anything like this.
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dajo9 said:


- are you saying you want to ban alcohol. Alcohol and weed are socially accepted. They need to be regulated, not banned.



I really have no idea what to do about it. Alcohol is a cultural constant for thousands of years.
BUT IT IS NOT HEALTHY.
And it ruins many lives.
If it was a new invention today, it would never be approved by the FDA.

Pot… I am against it.
I am also against the criminalization of it.

These are cultural issues.


Maybe a fair analogy might be how humans transitioned from F whomever you want to a culture of marriage, one man one woman.
Cheating on another's spouse is socially unacceptable.
Using outside chemicals to moderate emotions/behavior (mood altering substances) is not a good cultural habit. It leads to problems.

Want to change your mood? As a culture, we could adopt better ways. Diet, exercise, sleep, social, are 4 hallmarks of good health. Included in social are hugs, laughter, sex….
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dajo9 said:


- the police probably called crazy brother for their own protection. Can't blame them.


Hell yes I can blame them!
They accomplished nothing other than basically let him know someone (probably his brother) called the cops on him.
Fudging useless idiots!!!


How does calling him protect them?
"Uh, hi, how are you doing? Sounds like you're going to kill yourself and maybe others. We care. We want to help. But we want to make sure you don't ha us when we meet you at the station."
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
concordtom said:

dajo9 said:

Fiscal conservatives explode the debt every chance they get.


Uh….. don't package me with anything like this.


You packaged yourself
Censorship has always been a tool of the fascist
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
concordtom said:

dajo9 said:


- are you saying you want to ban alcohol. Alcohol and weed are socially accepted. They need to be regulated, not banned.



I really have no idea what to do about it. Alcohol is a cultural constant for thousands of years.
BUT IT IS NOT HEALTHY.
And it ruins many lives.
If it was a new invention today, it would never be approved by the FDA.

Pot… I am against it.
I am also against the criminalization of it.

These are cultural issues.


Maybe a fair analogy might be how humans transitioned from F whomever you want to a culture of marriage, one man one woman.
Cheating on another's spouse is socially unacceptable.
Using outside chemicals to moderate emotions/behavior (mood altering substances) is not a good cultural habit. It leads to problems.

Want to change your mood? As a culture, we could adopt better ways. Diet, exercise, sleep, social, are 4 hallmarks of good health. Included in social are hugs, laughter, sex….


Alcohol is a tough one. I have a cousin who drank herself to death in her 30s. I have enjoyed drinking since I was 15. I drink less than I otherwise would because of the health factor. There's no solid answer.
Censorship has always been a tool of the fascist
tequila4kapp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
concordtom said:

I appreciate the comments. We are all in alignment. Here's what happened so far.

My friend and I agreed that police needed to be called. I called 911, and they patched me through to Amtrak police since he was on the train. Amtrak contacted Oakland PD as they saw his reservation in the system. Is the train pulled into the station, he saw police out there. I think they called his cell phone while he was on the train so he was alerted that there was some level of concern for him. So, as soon as the door is opened, he bolted and nobody has heard from him since.

I'm surprised nobody brought up the idea that came to me later on the other night, and that's that a week prior he said that he would take out his son with him. Well, he had just gone down to Los Angeles and on the train returning Said that he said goodbye to his son. How did we know that something bad hadn't already happened?

Well, I brought this up to my friend so he called the estranged ex-wife and alerted her. They were all fine, which is good.

But now the bad part of it all is that this guy who obviously has very serious problems his out and about. The police blew their chance to get him, and does anybody think that they will follow up on this after he ran away? I certainly don't.

What's more, let's say they had taken him in for a 5150, 72 hour hold. That would accomplish nothing, because he's just going to return to his drug addiction state shortly thereafter. There's no therapy and healing, just a pause.

During the 72 hours, he could be evaluated by psychiatrist and be placed on a 5250, which I think is a 30 day hold.
They would have taken the gun. That's the good that would have happened. In my fairly long experience with drug addicts the other stuff only happens after the addict truly wants to get clean. So lack of treatment, limitations on the 72 hour hold, etc…yep, and that's a byproduct of the fact that one of the most brutal parts of addiction is the addict has to hit "addict rock bottom" not just normal person rock bottom before they seek and embrace help. It truly sucks that they are still at such risk until then but there's not much of anything that can be done (IMO).
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dajo9 said:

concordtom said:

dajo9 said:

Fiscal conservatives explode the debt every chance they get.


Uh….. don't package me with anything like this.


You packaged yourself


Dude, don't even!!!
Fiscal conservatism means not spending, balancing your books.
Don't start a fight with me by saying up is down.

If clown show republicans in positions of leadership LIE about things, blame them.
But don't try and change the English language and criticize me for your own illogical definitions.
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tequila4kapp said:

concordtom said:

I appreciate the comments. We are all in alignment. Here's what happened so far.

My friend and I agreed that police needed to be called. I called 911, and they patched me through to Amtrak police since he was on the train. Amtrak contacted Oakland PD as they saw his reservation in the system. Is the train pulled into the station, he saw police out there. I think they called his cell phone while he was on the train so he was alerted that there was some level of concern for him. So, as soon as the door is opened, he bolted and nobody has heard from him since.

I'm surprised nobody brought up the idea that came to me later on the other night, and that's that a week prior he said that he would take out his son with him. Well, he had just gone down to Los Angeles and on the train returning Said that he said goodbye to his son. How did we know that something bad hadn't already happened?

Well, I brought this up to my friend so he called the estranged ex-wife and alerted her. They were all fine, which is good.

But now the bad part of it all is that this guy who obviously has very serious problems his out and about. The police blew their chance to get him, and does anybody think that they will follow up on this after he ran away? I certainly don't.

What's more, let's say they had taken him in for a 5150, 72 hour hold. That would accomplish nothing, because he's just going to return to his drug addiction state shortly thereafter. There's no therapy and healing, just a pause.

During the 72 hours, he could be evaluated by psychiatrist and be placed on a 5250, which I think is a 30 day hold.
They would have taken the gun. That's the good that would have happened. In my fairly long experience with drug addicts the other stuff only happens after the addict truly wants to get clean. So lack of treatment, limitations on the 72 hour hold, etc…yep, and that's a byproduct of the fact that one of the most brutal parts of addiction is the addict has to hit "addict rock bottom" not just normal person rock bottom before they seek and embrace help. It truly sucks that they are still at such risk until then but there's not much of anything that can be done (IMO).


I once asked a family member, "and what if rock bottom is death? Are you willing to accept that before you reach out and lend a hand?"

Products that harm people are supposed to be illegal.
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
concordtom said:

dajo9 said:

concordtom said:

dajo9 said:

Fiscal conservatives explode the debt every chance they get.


Uh….. don't package me with anything like this.


You packaged yourself


Dude, don't even!!!
Fiscal conservatism means not spending, balancing your books.
Don't start a fight with me by saying up is down.

If clown show republicans in positions of leadership LIE about things, blame them.
But don't try and change the English language and criticize me for your own illogical definitions.


You are what you do and fiscal conservatives have exploded the debt over and over again
Censorship has always been a tool of the fascist
tequila4kapp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
concordtom said:

tequila4kapp said:

concordtom said:

I appreciate the comments. We are all in alignment. Here's what happened so far.

My friend and I agreed that police needed to be called. I called 911, and they patched me through to Amtrak police since he was on the train. Amtrak contacted Oakland PD as they saw his reservation in the system. Is the train pulled into the station, he saw police out there. I think they called his cell phone while he was on the train so he was alerted that there was some level of concern for him. So, as soon as the door is opened, he bolted and nobody has heard from him since.

I'm surprised nobody brought up the idea that came to me later on the other night, and that's that a week prior he said that he would take out his son with him. Well, he had just gone down to Los Angeles and on the train returning Said that he said goodbye to his son. How did we know that something bad hadn't already happened?

Well, I brought this up to my friend so he called the estranged ex-wife and alerted her. They were all fine, which is good.

But now the bad part of it all is that this guy who obviously has very serious problems his out and about. The police blew their chance to get him, and does anybody think that they will follow up on this after he ran away? I certainly don't.

What's more, let's say they had taken him in for a 5150, 72 hour hold. That would accomplish nothing, because he's just going to return to his drug addiction state shortly thereafter. There's no therapy and healing, just a pause.

During the 72 hours, he could be evaluated by psychiatrist and be placed on a 5250, which I think is a 30 day hold.

They would have taken the gun. That's the good that would have happened. In my fairly long experience with drug addicts the other stuff only happens after the addict truly wants to get clean. So lack of treatment, limitations on the 72 hour hold, etc…yep, and that's a byproduct of the fact that one of the most brutal parts of addiction is the addict has to hit "addict rock bottom" not just normal person rock bottom before they seek and embrace help. It truly sucks that they are still at such risk until then but there's not much of anything that can be done (IMO).

I once asked a family member, "and what if rock bottom is death? Are you willing to accept that before you reach out and lend a hand?"

Products that harm people are supposed to be illegal.

We always help. But with the many addicts is an incredibly slippery slope from helping to enabling, often for the reason mentioned above.
cbbass1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
concordtom said:

cbbass1 said:

Gov. Beshear needs to buck up & name a replacement for Sen. Mitch McConnell. Then we'll see what they've got.

Evidence talks. B.S. walks.



Can't someone with a search warrant simply knock on the door?

Any judge who signs off on that warrant would be persona non grata in GOP circles.

Better for Gov. Beshear to name Mitch's replacement, & force a public proof-of-life reveal. Or not!

YES -- IF they have a search warrant, they can knock on the door -- and if no one is home, they can kick the door in. There's no way, legally, to stop them.

The trick is to get a search warrant.

In Kentucky...
chazzed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We are at day 75. Where is Jake Tapper's objective, hard-hitting journalism?

dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
chazzed said:

We are at day 75. Where is Jake Tapper's objective, hard-hitting journalism?




It's amazing how much gentler corporate media is with Republicans than with Democrats, isn't it?
Censorship has always been a tool of the fascist
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If this had been a Democrat, people like John Thune would have already held a Committee Hearing on this.

The hypocrisy is REAL.
Cal88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Objectively speaking though, DiFi has skated in her own weekend at Bernie episode, not much coverage about her late career fitness.
SBGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cal88 said:

Objectively speaking though, DiFi has skated in her own weekend at Bernie episode, not much coverage about her late career fitness.

Yeah, we would see DiFi being wheeled around in a wheelchair though. Plus she was a heroic, honorable legislator.

Mitch is a low as it gets.

VOTE BLUE AND VOTE GAVIN
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.