tequila4kapp said:dajo9 said:concordtom said:
This issue doesn't affect me or anyone else here.
True?
False?
We could discuss my stamp collection, too, if people want to.
Agreed. I don't understand the obsession with this info other than it is safe ground for people who are uncomfortable with trans people being publicly welcome in society.
I coached girl's sports for over a decade. I also have a spouse that worked in the OR for sex change operations over 30 years ago. I fully appreciate that gender dysphoria is real. I also believe in protecting sports for biological females.
I have absolutely zero issue with an adult person going through treatment programs to change their gender. I do have an issue with biological females being negatively impacted in any way when biological men transition. (I also believe there is a very serious / real mental health component that is being cast aside in the name of gender spectrums and self selection, and that is flat wrong). I have absolute issues with children making this decision, from schools coaching kids to do it, for parent rights being removed, etc. You can't vote until 18, drink until 21, own a gun until 21...but you can make irreversible life choices that will impact your entire life when you are say 14 and have an undeveloped brain. That is wrong.
I just think there's a fundamental need for some common sense on this issue. Bathrooms and locker rooms are private zones where people rightly expect some fundamental things. That is not unreasonable. Likewise, I'm not sure there has been a single instance ever of a female transitioning to male, playing male sports and injuring boys or dominating the sport. Calling this stuff out is not de-facto being uncomfortable with trans people. It is saying that other people have rights too.
This is the most intelligent post on this thread, because it is grounded n personal experience.
Perhaps Mrs Tequila would like to educate us on hermaphroditism! I'm completely serious!
I don't understand what makes men what to plow women, instead of a man, except that it's some unknown trigger. Pheromones. Sexy boobs, butts, soft voice? Why do Playboy centerfolds illicit a physical response, while Gayboy magazine produces a revulsion response? Those things are real and pretty much universal.
Well, a switch gets flipped, and it's the exact opposite for "gays". So, I'm not asking you or your wife to explain that.
But I would ask her opinion on what she's maybe seen in the OR as to physical body parts that are not the norm. Like, they say that the ****oris and the ***** are the same things.
Society needs more information in order to put all this into context. In the meantime, we just get fear of change and the unknown.