Off Topic
Sponsored by

High School football

14,156 Views | 198 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by Cal88
Anarchistbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dajo9 said:

Anarchistbear said:

dajo9 said:

Anarchistbear said:

dajo9 said:

Anarchistbear said:

You said let everyone who wants to move to Texas should do so,. I am just pointing out that the migration in is significantly African America while there is a concurrent migration out of African Americans from California. Of course this is economic but it also underlines the liberal bs about "fascist states" and Black Lives Matter. They are just slogans and signs not integrated communities.



We are opposed to integrated communities because we think people who want to move to Texas should move to Texas? Bizarre.


I think when you say everyone who wants to move to Texass should do, it sounds more virtuous than " all those colored people" should move to Texass".


Well, it's nice to have a vivid imagination


Must be discouraging to protect those poor colored folks from the evils of fascism and racism then have them move to the heart of it.


The bad news for this little narrative you are trying to gin up is that Texas cities with high Black population growth are blue.

Also, the race most likely to leave CA is white.


Of course whites are more likely to leave, the state is only 5% black. Texas is the number one destination for CA blacks. Arizona for CA whites.

And yes, most migration is to blue cities.

I'm glad to see you embrace that migration to Texass is good.
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anarchistbear said:

dajo9 said:

Anarchistbear said:

dajo9 said:

Anarchistbear said:

dajo9 said:

Anarchistbear said:

You said let everyone who wants to move to Texas should do so,. I am just pointing out that the migration in is significantly African America while there is a concurrent migration out of African Americans from California. Of course this is economic but it also underlines the liberal bs about "fascist states" and Black Lives Matter. They are just slogans and signs not integrated communities.



We are opposed to integrated communities because we think people who want to move to Texas should move to Texas? Bizarre.


I think when you say everyone who wants to move to Texass should do, it sounds more virtuous than " all those colored people" should move to Texass".


Well, it's nice to have a vivid imagination


Must be discouraging to protect those poor colored folks from the evils of fascism and racism then have them move to the heart of it.


The bad news for this little narrative you are trying to gin up is that Texas cities with high Black population growth are blue.

Also, the race most likely to leave CA is white.


Of course whites are more likely to leave, the state is only 5% black. Texas is the number one destination for CA blacks. Arizona for CA whites.

And yes, most migration is to blue cities.

I'm glad to see you embrace that migration to Texass is good.


More whites per thousand leave CA than any other race per thousand.
Censorship has always been a tool of the fascist
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
California is super expensive.
No doubt.

And Cities running deficits will continue to put an increase in sales tax on the ballot.

Case in Point: Berkeley is at a whopping 10.25%

And there is a ballot measure to increase it another .50% to 10.75% in November. Measure V.

At some point, there needs to be lay-offs.
Many of these City governments are top heavy.

The deficits in SF, OAK, SJ, and Berkeley arent sustainable... and we arent even in a Recession yet.

I wouldnt mind more people leaving California.

The traffic in the Bay Area is mind-bending.
And that's with a hybrid work week.
580, 680, 880 and 4 become
parking lots.

Anyway, back to high school football.

Acalanes moved to 3 - 1.
They defeated Marin Catholic 42 - 37

Northgate rolled Miramonte and is now 4 - 0.
47 - 17

DLS moved to 4 - 0 defeating St. Mary's of Stockton.
44 - 7

San Ramon also moved to 4 - 0.
They beat Clovis North 41 -7

Monte Vista also moved to 4 - 0.
They beat James Logan 41 - 21

Pittsburgh is 2 - 2
They lost to Mission Viejo 42 - 35

Brutal schedule, having lost to St. John Bosco 26 - 14, defeating James Logan, losing to Mission Viejo, and now take on Los Gatos on Oct. 2nd.





It's a CULT.

concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

In my early 20's I had never been so embarrassed in my life than when I observed drunk tourists from Texas in Mexico and Europe.


Uh, I think you can fairly say that Ugly Americans come from everywhere. It's our national shame.
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
smh said:

< peeks back at thread title, confirmatory: "High School football" >
# wheee


Lol
It's just people arguing.
Folks have angst in their personal
Lives so they come to BI to vent.

I hope if anyone has cats they are hiding under the bed.
Anarchistbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

California is super expensive.
No doubt.

And Cities running deficits will continue to put an increase in sales tax on the ballot.

Case in Point: Berkeley is at a whopping 10.25%

And there is a ballot measure to increase it another .50% to 10.75% in November. Measure V.

At some point, there needs to be lay-offs.
Many of these City governments are top heavy.

The deficits in SF, OAK, SJ, and Berkeley arent sustainable... and we arent even in a Recession yet.

I wouldnt mind more people leaving California.

The traffic in the Bay Area is mind-bending.
And that's with a hybrid work week.
580, 680, 880 and 4 become
parking lots.

Anyway, back to high school football.

Acalanes moved to 3 - 1.
They defeated Marin Catholic 42 - 37

Northgate rolled Miramonte and is now 4 - 0.
47 - 17

DLS moved to 4 - 0 defeating St. Mary's of Stockton.
44 - 7

San Ramon also moved to 4 - 0.
They beat Clovis North 41 -7

Monte Vista also moved to 4 - 0.
They beat James Logan 41 - 21

Pittsburgh is 2 - 2
They lost to Mission Viejo 42 - 35

Brutal schedule, having lost to St. John Bosco 26 - 14, defeating James Logan, losing to Mission Viejo, and now take on Los Gatos on Oct. 2nd.








I agree with this. I always vote no on these things because many of them don't make sense- create bike lanes that nobody uses; ban gas ovens so Boiichik Bagel and gas fired pizza ovens go out of business ( fortunately defeated) : endless segregation and pick up of festering garbagw that never finds markets. Meanwhile the roads are terrible and they want to charge more fees for parking on weekends
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I never understood the natural gas ban.
Made no sense to me.
It's a CULT.

TomBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Back to our regularly scheduled thread.........

I saw video of the Acalanes game. It was a good one. Whoever the Dons QB is, he laid a gorgeous TD pass to one of his receivers that brought JKS to mind.

I know some Bay Area h.s. games are streamed. I anyone able to give further info on how to get the DLS and other Bay Area games via streaming?
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TomBear said:


Back to our regularly scheduled thread.........

I saw video of the Acalanes game. It was a good one. Whoever the Dons QB is, he laid a gorgeous TD pass to one of his receivers that brought JKS to mind.

I know some Bay Area h.s. games are streamed. I anyone able to give further info on how to get the DLS and other Bay Area games via streaming?



DLS will be taking on Centennial at Memorial Stadium in Berkeley this Saturday at 2:00 PM

De La Salle HS Athletics



It's a CULT.

TomBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Ironic: Cal plays a college game at home on a Friday night.
DLS plays a high school game at Cal on Saturday afternoon.

What's wrong with this picture?
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TomBear said:


Ironic: Cal plays a college game at home on a Friday night.
DLS plays a high school game at Cal on Saturday afternoon.

What's wrong with this picture?


ESPN.
It's a CULT.

BearlySane88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TomBear said:


Back to our regularly scheduled thread.........

I saw video of the Acalanes game. It was a good one. Whoever the Dons QB is, he laid a gorgeous TD pass to one of his receivers that brought JKS to mind.

I know some Bay Area h.s. games are streamed. I anyone able to give further info on how to get the DLS and other Bay Area games via streaming?


https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/

Monthly subscription but you get most Bay Area high school games, a lot all throughout California and even more nationwide games. De La games are always on there.
prospeCt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
~ lost Txn classics



smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
prospeCt said:

~ lost Txn classics

thanks (at least one of us would of liked subscripts, ah well)
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rushinbear said:

concordtom said:

I have cousins in Texas.
They all were very desirous to leave TX their whole lives, but they never did simply because home is home - for everyone everywhere.

But I've listened to them complain about how horrible TX is in various ways, but especially the weather.

They come to CA and just rave about how awesome it is. And then tell me about the summers with 90 consecutive days above 100.

As far as cost goes…. If you can get yourself some CA salaried jobs then you can afford it better. It also helps to have rooted yourself with housing a while back. I DO feel bad for young folks, hard to get a foothold.

But let's not pretend about how awesome living in TX is. No thx.

As for people's love of football in hs.
Whatever. Does that move the needle?

And what is the marginal gain to society about that?

You're on a college football fan forum and ask what the marginal gain of football to society is? You must start with the gain to society of billions in pro team wealth and revenue? Then, college team wealth and revenue and supply of players to pro teams, then wealth and revenue to the high school teams that supply the colleges. Not to mention the joy and SOCIAL interaction of its adherents. You do get that, don't you?

That leads to the comparison between TX and CA in re the value of social interaction around fandom and merch. How many CA hs stadia are filled with 20,000+ fans on Friday nights? How many Californians patronize local businesses because of their financial support of the local hs? I could go on, but if you are still of your opinion after reading this far, nothing I could say further would make a difference.


Here, watch this.
This is in part what I was referring to when I asked what redeeming value there is:



TomBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

NearlySane, I tried that service a couple of years ago and had a HORRIBLE time with glitches and unreliability. Has the service improved? Based on what you said, I'd love to use it again, if so.
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TomBear said:


NearlySane, I tried that service a couple of years ago and had a HORRIBLE time with glitches and unreliability. Has the service improved? Based on what you said, I'd love to use it again, if so.


I've used it for the CA State Track & Field Championships the last few years.
They do a real nice job.
It's a CULT.

concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

TomBear said:


Ironic: Cal plays a college game at home on a Friday night.
DLS plays a high school game at Cal on Saturday afternoon.

What's wrong with this picture?


ESPN.



How much longer before high schools are paying kids to come play football there, just like what happened in college?

If someone before was bragging about 20,000 attending weekly games in TX, well, maybe that starts trickling down to 16 year olds same as what happened in college.

And if a 14 year old gymnast can make money as an Olympian, why couldn't a 16 year old football player?
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tom, high school athletes are already making NIL money.

California, during the 2021-22 school year, became the first state to permit high school athletes to ink NIL deals.

Pittsburg QB Jaden Rashada



High School Athletes Can Profit From Brand Deals. What That Means for Schools
It's a CULT.

TomBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Yeah, I know a guy whose son plays Lacrosse and is a REALLY good player, and he's getting all sorts of "perks".

I feel so sorry for this h.s. kids that give all they have, but just aren't blue chippers, who play as best they can, but miss out on the stuff the "stars" get.

It's a new day in athletics.

Never thought I'd see it like this.

Thank you for the info on the streaming. I will sign up this week and look forward to watching DLS, OLU and Miramonte when I can.
BearlySane88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TomBear said:


NearlySane, I tried that service a couple of years ago and had a HORRIBLE time with glitches and unreliability. Has the service improved? Based on what you said, I'd love to use it again, if so.


I use it every week. Works pretty well for me. Definitely an occasional stream buffer.
Big C
How long do you want to ignore this user?
concordtom said:

DiabloWags said:

TomBear said:


Ironic: Cal plays a college game at home on a Friday night.
DLS plays a high school game at Cal on Saturday afternoon.

What's wrong with this picture?


ESPN.



How much longer before high schools are paying kids to come play football there, just like what happened in college?

If someone before was bragging about 20,000 attending weekly games in TX, well, maybe that starts trickling down to 16 year olds same as what happened in college.

And if a 14 year old gymnast can make money as an Olympian, why couldn't a 16 year old football player?

Do you think De La Salle's pool of potential student-athletes comes from families within 5-10 miles who simply want a good Catholic education for their kids?
BearlySane88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big C said:

concordtom said:

DiabloWags said:

TomBear said:


Ironic: Cal plays a college game at home on a Friday night.
DLS plays a high school game at Cal on Saturday afternoon.

What's wrong with this picture?


ESPN.



How much longer before high schools are paying kids to come play football there, just like what happened in college?

If someone before was bragging about 20,000 attending weekly games in TX, well, maybe that starts trickling down to 16 year olds same as what happened in college.

And if a 14 year old gymnast can make money as an Olympian, why couldn't a 16 year old football player?

Do you think De La Salle's pool of potential student-athletes comes from families within 5-10 miles who simply want a good Catholic education for their kids?


90%, yes.

Estimating, could be more like 80%
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big C said:

concordtom said:

DiabloWags said:

TomBear said:


Ironic: Cal plays a college game at home on a Friday night.
DLS plays a high school game at Cal on Saturday afternoon.

What's wrong with this picture?


ESPN.



How much longer before high schools are paying kids to come play football there, just like what happened in college?

If someone before was bragging about 20,000 attending weekly games in TX, well, maybe that starts trickling down to 16 year olds same as what happened in college.

And if a 14 year old gymnast can make money as an Olympian, why couldn't a 16 year old football player?

Do you think De La Salle's pool of potential student-athletes comes from families within 5-10 miles who simply want a good Catholic education for their kids?


I know more than a few non Catholics who chose DLS over their neighborhood public school simply because of the more strict or conservative culture.
I can't say I disagree. I moved to find a better home school.
Any Catholicism, I imagine has nothing to do with it for the 4 and 5 stars who commute from Richmond or Antioch.
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
concordtom said:

Big C said:

concordtom said:

DiabloWags said:

TomBear said:


Ironic: Cal plays a college game at home on a Friday night.
DLS plays a high school game at Cal on Saturday afternoon.

What's wrong with this picture?


ESPN.



How much longer before high schools are paying kids to come play football there, just like what happened in college?

If someone before was bragging about 20,000 attending weekly games in TX, well, maybe that starts trickling down to 16 year olds same as what happened in college.

And if a 14 year old gymnast can make money as an Olympian, why couldn't a 16 year old football player?

Do you think De La Salle's pool of potential student-athletes comes from families within 5-10 miles who simply want a good Catholic education for their kids?


I know more than a few non Catholics who chose DLS over their neighborhood public school simply because of the more strict or conservative culture.
I can't say I disagree. I moved to find a better home school.
Any Catholicism, I imagine has nothing to do with it for the 4 and 5 stars who commute from Richmond or Antioch.


Especially when tuition is $27,000 a year.
It's a CULT.

BearlySane88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

concordtom said:

Big C said:

concordtom said:

DiabloWags said:

TomBear said:


Ironic: Cal plays a college game at home on a Friday night.
DLS plays a high school game at Cal on Saturday afternoon.

What's wrong with this picture?


ESPN.



How much longer before high schools are paying kids to come play football there, just like what happened in college?

If someone before was bragging about 20,000 attending weekly games in TX, well, maybe that starts trickling down to 16 year olds same as what happened in college.

And if a 14 year old gymnast can make money as an Olympian, why couldn't a 16 year old football player?

Do you think De La Salle's pool of potential student-athletes comes from families within 5-10 miles who simply want a good Catholic education for their kids?


I know more than a few non Catholics who chose DLS over their neighborhood public school simply because of the more strict or conservative culture.
I can't say I disagree. I moved to find a better home school.
Any Catholicism, I imagine has nothing to do with it for the 4 and 5 stars who commute from Richmond or Antioch.


Especially when tuition is $27,000 a year.



Pretty standard for private and independent schools. Independent middle school tuition can run you $40,000.
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearlySane88 said:

DiabloWags said:

concordtom said:

Big C said:

concordtom said:

DiabloWags said:

TomBear said:


Ironic: Cal plays a college game at home on a Friday night.
DLS plays a high school game at Cal on Saturday afternoon.

What's wrong with this picture?


ESPN.



How much longer before high schools are paying kids to come play football there, just like what happened in college?

If someone before was bragging about 20,000 attending weekly games in TX, well, maybe that starts trickling down to 16 year olds same as what happened in college.

And if a 14 year old gymnast can make money as an Olympian, why couldn't a 16 year old football player?

Do you think De La Salle's pool of potential student-athletes comes from families within 5-10 miles who simply want a good Catholic education for their kids?


I know more than a few non Catholics who chose DLS over their neighborhood public school simply because of the more strict or conservative culture.
I can't say I disagree. I moved to find a better home school.
Any Catholicism, I imagine has nothing to do with it for the 4 and 5 stars who commute from Richmond or Antioch.


Especially when tuition is $27,000 a year.



Pretty standard for private and independent schools. Independent middle school tuition can run you $40,000.


I'm aware of the numbers.
And no one was discussing "middle" school tuition on this thread.

That wasn't my point in relation to Tom's comment about 4 and 5 star recruits commuting from Pitt or Antioch
It's a CULT.

BearlySane88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

BearlySane88 said:

DiabloWags said:

concordtom said:

Big C said:

concordtom said:

DiabloWags said:

TomBear said:


Ironic: Cal plays a college game at home on a Friday night.
DLS plays a high school game at Cal on Saturday afternoon.

What's wrong with this picture?


ESPN.



How much longer before high schools are paying kids to come play football there, just like what happened in college?

If someone before was bragging about 20,000 attending weekly games in TX, well, maybe that starts trickling down to 16 year olds same as what happened in college.

And if a 14 year old gymnast can make money as an Olympian, why couldn't a 16 year old football player?

Do you think De La Salle's pool of potential student-athletes comes from families within 5-10 miles who simply want a good Catholic education for their kids?


I know more than a few non Catholics who chose DLS over their neighborhood public school simply because of the more strict or conservative culture.
I can't say I disagree. I moved to find a better home school.
Any Catholicism, I imagine has nothing to do with it for the 4 and 5 stars who commute from Richmond or Antioch.


Especially when tuition is $27,000 a year.



Pretty standard for private and independent schools. Independent middle school tuition can run you $40,000.


I'm aware of the numbers.
And no one was discussing "middle" school tuition on this thread.

That wasn't my point in relation to Tom's comment about 4 and 5 star recruits commuting from Pitt or Antioch



Lmao. This is a funny post.
cal83dls79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big C said:

concordtom said:

DiabloWags said:

TomBear said:


Ironic: Cal plays a college game at home on a Friday night.
DLS plays a high school game at Cal on Saturday afternoon.

What's wrong with this picture?


ESPN.



How much longer before high schools are paying kids to come play football there, just like what happened in college?

If someone before was bragging about 20,000 attending weekly games in TX, well, maybe that starts trickling down to 16 year olds same as what happened in college.

And if a 14 year old gymnast can make money as an Olympian, why couldn't a 16 year old football player?

Do you think De La Salle's pool of potential student-athletes comes from families within 5-10 miles who simply want a good Catholic education for their kids?
it was when I went there. Private schools weren't so popular. Many were struggling. It wasn't a rich kids school by any means. Sure there were plenty, but many were middle class. TBH it wasn't all that heavy on the Catholic stuff. Not sure how it is today. The only C I got there was religion so that might explain that.

* instead of the Catholic stuff we got a lot of the brotherhood stuff. So for what it's worth
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
BearlySane88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cal83dls79 said:

Big C said:

concordtom said:

DiabloWags said:

TomBear said:


Ironic: Cal plays a college game at home on a Friday night.
DLS plays a high school game at Cal on Saturday afternoon.

What's wrong with this picture?


ESPN.



How much longer before high schools are paying kids to come play football there, just like what happened in college?

If someone before was bragging about 20,000 attending weekly games in TX, well, maybe that starts trickling down to 16 year olds same as what happened in college.

And if a 14 year old gymnast can make money as an Olympian, why couldn't a 16 year old football player?

Do you think De La Salle's pool of potential student-athletes comes from families within 5-10 miles who simply want a good Catholic education for their kids?
it was when I went there. Private schools weren't so popular. Many were struggling. It wasn't a rich kids school by any means. Sure there were plenty, but many were middle class. TBH it wasn't all that heavy on the Catholic stuff. Not sure how it is today. The only C I got there was religion so that might explain that.


Still not very heavy, one mass a month. Yearly religion class but often something like World Religions that focuses on everything but Catholicism.
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

BearlySane88 said:

DiabloWags said:

concordtom said:

Big C said:

concordtom said:

DiabloWags said:

TomBear said:


Ironic: Cal plays a college game at home on a Friday night.
DLS plays a high school game at Cal on Saturday afternoon.

What's wrong with this picture?


ESPN.



How much longer before high schools are paying kids to come play football there, just like what happened in college?

If someone before was bragging about 20,000 attending weekly games in TX, well, maybe that starts trickling down to 16 year olds same as what happened in college.

And if a 14 year old gymnast can make money as an Olympian, why couldn't a 16 year old football player?

Do you think De La Salle's pool of potential student-athletes comes from families within 5-10 miles who simply want a good Catholic education for their kids?


I know more than a few non Catholics who chose DLS over their neighborhood public school simply because of the more strict or conservative culture.
I can't say I disagree. I moved to find a better home school.
Any Catholicism, I imagine has nothing to do with it for the 4 and 5 stars who commute from Richmond or Antioch.


Especially when tuition is $27,000 a year.



Pretty standard for private and independent schools. Independent middle school tuition can run you $40,000.


I'm aware of the numbers.
And no one was discussing "middle" school tuition on this thread.

That wasn't my point in relation to Tom's comment about 4 and 5 star recruits commuting from Pitt or Antioch


But their tuition is free!
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cal83dls79 said:

Big C said:

concordtom said:

DiabloWags said:

TomBear said:


Ironic: Cal plays a college game at home on a Friday night.
DLS plays a high school game at Cal on Saturday afternoon.

What's wrong with this picture?


ESPN.



How much longer before high schools are paying kids to come play football there, just like what happened in college?

If someone before was bragging about 20,000 attending weekly games in TX, well, maybe that starts trickling down to 16 year olds same as what happened in college.

And if a 14 year old gymnast can make money as an Olympian, why couldn't a 16 year old football player?

Do you think De La Salle's pool of potential student-athletes comes from families within 5-10 miles who simply want a good Catholic education for their kids?
it was when I went there. Private schools weren't so popular. Many were struggling. It wasn't a rich kids school by any means. Sure there were plenty, but many were middle class. TBH it wasn't all that heavy on the Catholic stuff. Not sure how it is today. The only C I got there was religion so that might explain that.

* instead of the Catholic stuff we got a lot of the brotherhood stuff. So for what it's worth

The brotherhood stuff is excellent!!!!
And I don't think religion is a big thing. Just my impression.

Is carondelet still requiring uniforms?

I have no problem with DLS except for the active recruiting while claiming "we don't recruit". Such BS!!
BearlySane88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
concordtom said:

cal83dls79 said:

Big C said:

concordtom said:

DiabloWags said:

TomBear said:


Ironic: Cal plays a college game at home on a Friday night.
DLS plays a high school game at Cal on Saturday afternoon.

What's wrong with this picture?


ESPN.



How much longer before high schools are paying kids to come play football there, just like what happened in college?

If someone before was bragging about 20,000 attending weekly games in TX, well, maybe that starts trickling down to 16 year olds same as what happened in college.

And if a 14 year old gymnast can make money as an Olympian, why couldn't a 16 year old football player?

Do you think De La Salle's pool of potential student-athletes comes from families within 5-10 miles who simply want a good Catholic education for their kids?
it was when I went there. Private schools weren't so popular. Many were struggling. It wasn't a rich kids school by any means. Sure there were plenty, but many were middle class. TBH it wasn't all that heavy on the Catholic stuff. Not sure how it is today. The only C I got there was religion so that might explain that.

* instead of the Catholic stuff we got a lot of the brotherhood stuff. So for what it's worth

The brotherhood stuff is excellent!!!!
And I don't think religion is a big thing. Just my impression.

Is carondelet still requiring uniforms?



Yes
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The annual tuition at The College Preparatory School in Oakland, California, is $62,760 for the 2026-27 academic year.

Annual tuition at Bentley School in Lafayette and Oakland, California, ranges from $42,630 to $61,460 per year for the 2026-2027 academic year, depending on the grade level.

2026-2027 Tuition Rates
Lower School (Kindergarten* 5th Grade): $42,630 per year

Middle School (6th 8th Grade): $46,620 per year

Upper School (9th 12th Grade): $61,460 per year

*Those better be some pretty darn high quality crayons!



*….and my total tuition cost for 4 years at the # 1 Public University in the World was less than $3000 ($17,661.51 in today's dollars).
“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
Big C
How long do you want to ignore this user?
concordtom said:

cal83dls79 said:

Big C said:

concordtom said:

DiabloWags said:

TomBear said:


Ironic: Cal plays a college game at home on a Friday night.
DLS plays a high school game at Cal on Saturday afternoon.

What's wrong with this picture?


ESPN.



How much longer before high schools are paying kids to come play football there, just like what happened in college?

If someone before was bragging about 20,000 attending weekly games in TX, well, maybe that starts trickling down to 16 year olds same as what happened in college.

And if a 14 year old gymnast can make money as an Olympian, why couldn't a 16 year old football player?

Do you think De La Salle's pool of potential student-athletes comes from families within 5-10 miles who simply want a good Catholic education for their kids?

it was when I went there. Private schools weren't so popular. Many were struggling. It wasn't a rich kids school by any means. Sure there were plenty, but many were middle class. TBH it wasn't all that heavy on the Catholic stuff. Not sure how it is today. The only C I got there was religion so that might explain that.

* instead of the Catholic stuff we got a lot of the brotherhood stuff. So for what it's worth

The brotherhood stuff is excellent!!!!
And I don't think religion is a big thing. Just my impression.

Is carondelet still requiring uniforms?

I have no problem with DLS except for the active recruiting while claiming "we don't recruit". Such BS!!

That was my point: they recruit and they cast a wide geographical net. And if a player can help them win football or basketball games but their parents can't afford private school, well... they find a way to make it happen.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.